Community Member

Default Legendary Upgrade Sale for Shadowfell

I think as part of all this Black Friday sale stuff the Legendary Upgrade pack for Shadowfell is on sale.

However as someone who bought the legendary pack on pre-order, but did not upgrade it at that time, I do not see the option to only buy the upgrade now. That seems like a bit of a kick in the teeth to me. I mean I gave them money early, sight unseen, to help them out on pre-order and now that there's a sale and anyone who didn't give early can buy it on sale I find myself excluded.

To be clear I'm not saying I should get money back or a discount on what I already bought at full price. I bought it then at full price and I'm OK with it. I'm also not upset that now they offer such a deep discount so shortly after release. That's also OK with me. I paid to play it earlier.

What I take issue with is that now I am (or rather the group of individuals like me) excluded from the sale because we gave Turbine money earlier and I will point out we paid more for the base pack. Why can't I, or maybe better yet, how can I, purchase the upgrade only at the discounted price and also take part in the sale?

I'm asking how to give you more money Turbine. Please answer.

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by RumbIe View Post
    I think as part of all this Black Friday sale stuff the Legendary Upgrade pack for Shadowfell is on sale.

However as someone who bought the legendary pack on pre-order, but did not upgrade it at that time, I do not see the option to only buy the upgrade now. That seems like a bit of a kick in the teeth to me. I mean I gave them money early, sight unseen, to help them out on pre-order and now that there's a sale and anyone who didn't give early can buy it on sale I find myself excluded.

To be clear I'm not saying I should get money back or a discount on what I already bought at full price. I bought it then at full price and I'm OK with it. I'm also not upset that now they offer such a deep discount so shortly after release. That's also OK with me. I paid to play it earlier.

What I take issue with is that now I am (or rather the group of individuals like me) excluded from the sale because we gave Turbine money earlier and I will point out we paid more for the base pack. Why can't I, or maybe better yet, how can I, purchase the upgrade only at the discounted price and also take part in the sale?

I'm asking how to give you more money Turbine. Please answer.
    The Legendary Upgrades have always been upgrades to the Pre-Order - an incentive for people to pre-order the expansion, not just an upgrade to any time you buy the expansion. I personally don't care either way but if people know the Legendary Upgrades will be available after the expansion is released there will be less incentive to pre-order.

Community Member

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ck-Friday-sale

Look at the OP in this thread, and then at post #3
    If i haven't responded to your post, it doesn't necessarily mean that i don't have counter-arguments, it might simply mean that i don't want to keep feeding the trolls.
    Plastic People
    Hey! Hey!

Community Member

Hmm. Perhaps I didn't articulate what I mean or am misinterpreting your response.

My issue is that I bought the Legendary Pack during pre-order. I did not buy the upgrade at that time. It was an additional $50 so I said forget it. I have no regrets about buying the pack for the full price back then. The actual incentive for a buyer during pre-order is to play it earlier than others. I get that Turbine wanted an added incentive to spend more, hence the upgrade only available at the time of purchase for pre-order.

Now though the Legendary pack is only $25 and the upgrade is only $25. Had the upgrade been available for $25 at the time of purchase I would have bought it. Now though I don't have an option to buy the upgrade for only $25. If I want the upgrade I have to buy the whole pack again AND the upgrade.

So far I have spent $50 on the pack. I am more than happy to give Turbine $25 more for the upgrade, but it is not an option. It really would be win-win to allow anyone who already purchased the legendary pack to now but the upgrade. I fully understand that they should not allow you to only buy the upgrade without ever having bought the initial pack.

I have the initial pack. I want to buy the upgrade and I cannot now without buying the pack again. I hope that makes sense and seems like a reasonable request.

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by RumbIe View Post
    Hmm. Perhaps I didn't articulate what I mean or am misinterpreting your response.

My issue is that I bought the Legendary Pack during pre-order. I did not buy the upgrade at that time. It was an additional $50 so I said forget it. I have no regrets about buying the pack for the full price back then. The actual incentive for a buyer during pre-order is to play it earlier than others. I get that Turbine wanted an added incentive to spend more, hence the upgrade only available at the time of purchase for pre-order.

Now though the Legendary pack is only $25 and the upgrade is only $25. Had the upgrade been available for $25 at the time of purchase I would have bought it. Now though I don't have an option to buy the upgrade for only $25. If I want the upgrade I have to buy the whole pack again AND the upgrade.

So far I have spent $50 on the pack. I am more than happy to give Turbine $25 more for the upgrade, but it is not an option. It really would be win-win to allow anyone who already purchased the legendary pack to now but the upgrade. I fully understand that they should not allow you to only buy the upgrade without ever having bought the initial pack.

I have the initial pack. I want to buy the upgrade and I cannot now without buying the pack again. I hope that makes sense and seems like a reasonable request.
    My initial response was only my guess as to why the upgrade was not available. And given the linked thread, apparently it IS available but just not advertised. As mentioned in that thread, I guess that you need to contact Customer Service directly in order to get the upgrade. And I still believe that this fact is not being advertised for the reason I stated. If I had known that I could have purchased the upgrade for less later I would not have purchased it for full price at the time.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HAL View Post
    ...And I still believe that this fact is not being advertised for the reason I stated.
    Yeah, that makes total sense.
    If i haven't responded to your post, it doesn't necessarily mean that i don't have counter-arguments, it might simply mean that i don't want to keep feeding the trolls.
    Plastic People
    Hey! Hey!