Community Member obscure.jester's Avatar

Default an unusual pure rogue

I was discussing with some friends about how to LR my rogue for EE quests (it's a good one actually but i just got bored of its playstyle and looked for a change) and after a bunch of usual s*** ideas, I've found what started as a joke could actually be effective. Im posting the build for your judgement before LR as I need to be sure it is worth the try since the premises are total nuts (dump str, no 2wf, no 2hf)
    not gonna post the level progression as it is useless (and also looks like a nightmare to lev up) and, as said, it is just an idea for LRing.

rogue 20 - human, 36 points (PL rogue x2)

STR 8 (+3 tome) final value with gear/buffs: 28ish
    DEX 16 (+4 tome) final value with gear/buffs: 32ish
    CON 16 (+5 tome) final value with gear/buffs: 34ish
    INT 18 (+4 tome) final value with gear/buffs: 54ish
    WIS 8 (+3 tome) final value with gear/buffs: 22ish
    CHA 8 (+4 tome) final value with gear/buffs: 26ish

lev ups into INT.
    HP: 679 / ref save +66
    assassinate DC: 65+

feats: PB shot, rapid shot, rapid reload, precise shot, toughness, insightful reflex, precision, imp crit ranged + epic toughness, imp precise shot, holy strikes (maybe?), permahaste (maybe?), doubleshot
    special feats: defensive roll (over 65% chance to get half dmg? yes please. shame i cant reach TA enhancement for triggering it at 50%), imp eva (might be useless actually), opportunist (pretty uselss, unless the -10% bypass works on ranged attacks, have to check), crippling strike

skills: insane. all maxed out, even something you dont actually need, you'll end up putting points into swim/listen.

main ED: shadowdancer almost surely
    enhancements: assassin 41 / mecha 32 / human 7 (assassin capstone, all INT enhancement available, mecha core4)

this dude is supposed to go around using 2x epic midnight greetings in sneak mode, then swap to needle for pewpew after assassination.

now: ToHit uses always DEX (both for melee than for crossbow) plus precision feat. it hits, no questions.
    EMG gets +10 from INT, uses DEX for hit and dmg, hence, all good.
    Needle gets INT to dmg via mecha core3 plus additional dmg via mecha enhancement and feats line.
    Sneak attack gets over 20d6
    Scrolls are bread and butter
    twists could be cocoon1 and otto's whistler3 (even pin if you have a tier2 slot or the always nice brace for impact)
    twists when not on SD: stealthy and cocoon + lithe probably.

gear: to be planned (surely some SP boost topaz in a yellow slot for cocoons and some blurry/ghostly/dodge things)

questions:
    - since it doesnt have the 2wf line, will the ranged dps suffice this gap?
    - is it worth to leave imp pre shot for a PL arcane prodigy?
    - gear suggestions?
    - can it survive EE?

thanks.
    I fail better than anyone else

Waiting in the lava pits to chain trip you on the way to Prison of the Planes

That sounds fine. I ran something very similar that was a lot of fun in EE. I solo'd (involuntarily; had a pug up) A Break in the Ice upto wave 3 on the arena on it before anybody joined. It's also fine in groups; IPS (Definitely 100% get this. Must have.) + the massive SA damage on its own is a real contribution. Assassinate adds too.

Honestly, I think more points in Assassin than Mechanic is what a Repeater Rogue should look like in the current game.

My 2c is to get Assassinate and Measure the Foe from the Tier 5 Assassin enhancements (as well as the capstone) and not put quite so many points into Mechanic. Get the Int, and whatever else you want from Tier 4 then stop. I'd also put 4 points into Acrobat for +50% sneaking so you can assassinate (since your DC will be as good as it gets for a human with eMidnight's). You could just furiously tumble toward your foe in sneak mode instead, but you lose some control over your positioning (though not speed).

I'd consider putting a single level-up point into Dex to qualify for Combat Archery.

Re: Destinies, twisting in Pin and Otto's makes a huge difference. Fury is more raw dps than Shadowdancer, but Shadowdancer is more fun.

For gear, I have a deep and abiding love of Rad II crossbows, but Needle is awesome too. Something for undead as well and you're set.
    Khyber: Aggrim (Completionist!)
    In Von 3 the breakables in the Troll Ambassador optional room are slow to get to and unnecessary for ransack.
    Blind insta-kills floating eye balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathdefy View Post
    That sounds fine. I ran something very similar that was a lot of fun in EE. I solo'd (involuntarily; had a pug up) A Break in the Ice upto wave 3 on the arena on it before anybody joined. It's also fine in groups; IPS (Definitely 100% get this. Must have.) + the massive SA damage on its own is a real contribution. Assassinate adds too.

Honestly, I think more points in Assassin than Mechanic is what a Repeater Rogue should look like in the current game.

My 2c is to get Assassinate and Measure the Foe from the Tier 5 Assassin enhancements (as well as the capstone) and not put quite so many points into Mechanic. Get the Int, and whatever else you want from Tier 4 then stop. I'd also put 4 points into Acrobat for +50% sneaking so you can assassinate (since your DC will be as good as it gets for a human with eMidnight's). You could just furiously tumble toward your foe in sneak mode instead, but you lose some control over your positioning (though not speed).

I'd consider putting a single level-up point into Dex to qualify for Combat Archery.

Re: Destinies, twisting in Pin and Otto's makes a huge difference. Fury is more raw dps than Shadowdancer, but Shadowdancer is more fun.

For gear, I have a deep and abiding love of Rad II crossbows, but Needle is awesome too. Something for undead as well and you're set.
    tha. helped a lot. plus i searched for your build and it gave me a better vision about how should this work.

to save AP in order to grab some more goodies from TA tree i can sacrifice only disable construct (which looked fine to me, especially in brothers of the forge quest) and leg shot (also, looks pretty nice when you have no AC, low PRR, 600ish hp and are chased by something you just dealt a thousand dmg or more with your last shot). if the purpose is only the +50% sneak striding, id rather stay with leg shot at least.

combat archery is worth to have. it cripples my starting CON to 15 tho. might be worthy anyway. hopefully i'll grab a +4 to +5 dex upgrade tome to solve this.

i thought about fury, might use it in raids, i still think SD is more versatile and valuable for questing (plus i really like shadow manipulation and such).

gearwise i was asking about items more than weapons. on that toon i have a full epic abishai set, a hide of goristro (+3 insightful str unfortunately), an epic utility vest, a shadowmail EH and a not bad at all parasitic with +10 on reflex. then some misc aka ring of shadows EH, epic ring of stalker tier3, epic spare hand tier3, green steel minII item +45 hp, tharne set, epic spyglass tier3, some +8/+9 INT item random gen, several ToD sets (gilvaenor?).
    farming for a quiver of poison (must have, i also miss abbot quiver, hopefully i'll grab one on my 20th).
    how about bolts? shall i craft some returning [metal] bolts or else?

Blogger and Hatchery Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

oh hai. yeah. i think i saw you askin about this one earlier (unless someone on Orien had the EXACT SAME idea as you at the same time. >.> ). i am still intrigued.

the official home of LOLWUT
    and R.O.G.U.E !
    Pointless/Frivolous/Beguiling/Justanotha Waste of Time, Katzklaw, Pickt d'Locks & etc
    Q: how do you get me to appear in a thread? A: ask a bard question! XD

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by obscure.jester View Post
    to save AP in order to grab some more goodies from TA tree i can sacrifice only disable construct (which looked fine to me, especially in brothers of the forge quest) and leg shot (also, looks pretty nice when you have no AC, low PRR, 600ish hp and are chased by something you just dealt a thousand dmg or more with your last shot). if the purpose is only the +50% sneak striding, id rather stay with leg shot at least.
    Fair enough. Enhancements are easy to play with anyway if you change your mind.

combat archery is worth to have. it cripples my starting CON to 15 tho. might be worthy anyway. hopefully i'll grab a +4 to +5 dex upgrade tome to solve this.
    It's just more damage and 2% dodge. Doesn't make a huge difference, but I would sacrifice the Con for it (which worst case scenario costs you 28HP). If you're thinking about a +5 Dex tome maybe not though and just wait and Fred swap it in once you have the Tome.

i thought about fury, might use it in raids, i still think SD is more versatile and valuable for questing (plus i really like shadow manipulation and such).
    Bang on. I go fury for raids (and new EE content where the HP might matter) and Shadowdancer for the rest.

gearwise i was asking about items more than weapons. on that toon i have a full epic abishai set, a hide of goristro (+3 insightful str unfortunately), an epic utility vest, a shadowmail EH and a not bad at all parasitic with +10 on reflex. then some misc aka ring of shadows EH, epic ring of stalker tier3, epic spare hand tier3, green steel minII item +45 hp, tharne set, epic spyglass tier3, some +8/+9 INT item random gen, several ToD sets (gilvaenor?).
    Nice! Honestly gearing just isn't too bad on a Ranged character. Full Sneak Attack, Int, Dex, Con, Saves, Deadly, Accuracy, Fort, Improved Deception, HP stuff and you're good to go. Bonuses like Ring of Shadows, Manslayer, UMD and whatnot are just gravy.

From memory my gear setup of named stuff was:
    -Flawless Black Dragonscale Robe (but light armour is superior if you definitely won't TR into monk things) and Helm (+3 Insightful Dex I think; though Con would be better).
    -Planar Focus of Subterfuge (+3 Insightful Int + Set bonus with Needle) and
    -(eventually) Gloves of the Master Illusionist for +11 Int (with +2 Insightful Con socketed); though a lootgen +11 Int item if you can find said Holy Grail would probably be better depending on the item and slot.

The T3 Ring of the Stalker is awesome (but if you ever pull a Seal of House Avithoul you might have hard decisions to make). You want some form of Improved Deception item somewhere too - Golden Guile is fine. Tharne's goggles are also fine until you pull a Seal of House Avithoul (I still haven't and wear Tharne's + Stalker Ring, but if I did pull one I'd probably juggle some things and maybe give up Manslayer).

Spyglass is fine till you have a good Planar Focus, Min II item is always good if you can fit it. All the armours sound good, but like I said I'd work toward Black Dragonscale (for the fort bypass, killer buff, and set bonus with helm). I honestly don't know if the Gilvaenor's set works or not as I don't have the ring. If you don't have another Improved Deception item, I personally would slot Golden Guile in there even if it does work (or at least as a swap in for red names + it adds to bluff which is nice).

farming for a quiver of poison (must have, i also miss abbot quiver, hopefully i'll grab one on my 20th).
    how about bolts? shall i craft some returning [metal] bolts or else?
    Quiver of poison is awesome. Eventually Goatskin Boots (ML 26-28; get at least 27 really) cover the striding (or the feat Blinding Speed will if you take it ) so you'll want to go quiver of poison full-time over Abbot quiver at cap anyway.
    Last edited by DeathdefyBeta; 12-02-2013 at 12:33 AM.

@ katz: yah it's me

Quote Originally Posted by DeathdefyBeta View Post
    It's just more damage and 2% dodge. Doesn't make a huge difference, but I would sacrifice the Con for it (which worst case scenario costs you 28HP). If you're thinking about a +5 Dex tome maybe not though and just wait and Fred swap it in once you have the Tome.
    im afraid it costs more than 28 hp, 78 to be precise. starting CON 15 also means CON 20 at lev 21, thus no epic toughness unless i spend a lev up into CON at 20, hence reducing INT (which is not the aim of this build, is it?). I guess best way to fit it in is via +5 dex tome.

it is something tho, considering needle it gives another d12 dmg and by the nature of the build, the quicker we kill chasing foes, the better. Seems gilvaenor's set stacks with the 20% ranged alacrity granted by needle as ToD set allows a competence bonus while the xbow gives an enhancement bonus.

gearwise i was thinking about this setup:
    head: epic helm of frost
    goggles: dream visor / random gen deadly of something / epic goggles of time sensing?
    neck: gilvaenor necklace
    cloak: epic envenomed cloak
    armor: hide of the goristro ins dex +3
    bracer: epic scorched bracers
    belt: epic spare hand / GS minII
    gloves: epic charged gauntlets
    boots: epic boots of corrosion
    ring1: gilvaenor ring (+20 hamp slotted)
    ring2: ring of deceit
    trinket: planar focus subterfuge ins int +3

still, needs work on. at least the +3 CON granted by epic abishai is nice.

Community Member

you don't need the 2 EMG's for assassinate, a single weapon still gives you 2 assassination attempts

shrouding shot and shrouding strike don't play well for repeater builds. shrouding shot is a pain in the rump to use as it won't trigger the reload as any other shot or ability will. worse however is you cant use assassinate to charge up if you have shrouding shot. so i ditched shrouding shot and took shrouding strike instead. that way i can happily charge up with assassinate and if i really have to i can use my dagger to curse a mob here and there too, so far that hasn't been needed.

as with the INT based pure assassins the mechanic can also get his DC on assassinate to be EE viable, so i see no reason why it wouldn't work. raw DPS is probably below a TWF assassin but you bring other tricks to the field which should compensate. the AoE style damage imp precise shot gives can really help when you're throwing 3 sets of sneak attack dice about. you still have archers focus to switch to for the boss fights.

also if you do ever do a full TR you'll be pleasantly surprised with how easy it is to level up. i'm on my 2nd mechanic life now and it's just been getting easier. at lvl14 you will have enough action points to take both assassinate and mechanic cores for INT to xbow and the exotic feats. as you level the triple shot on the repeater combined with sneak attack is enough to 1-shot some weaker trash and put a massive dent in the stronger trash. it won't be uncommon for you to be racking up the most kills with either assassinations for the biggest HP meat bags or just sneak attack damage with the repeater on weaker trash. also from 16-20 the doublecross bow is as close to god mode as you can get in DDO . before that a paralyser at lvl10 will work wonders and juggling imp precise shot in at lvl15 will give you another massive boost in prowess.

being at range adds to your survivability, you won't be sniping from the horizon due to wanting those sneak attacks, but starting out 1 step ahead of the mobs when you grab aggro is a real boon. i'd expect your assassination to be just as potent as an INT based assassin, with the added advantage that INT boosts your DPS too for more synergy. i do expect the mechanic will do less raw DPS than a TWF assassin, but it can often be easier to apply that DPS with imp precise shot to greater effect (and without getting hit by all those cleaving mobs, for range think larger than a buff spell). so my expectations would be for an easier trip to the boss fight where the tradeoff is a slightly longer beatdown time on the boss.

as for the play style, it's just so much fun that i've ignored all my other characters and have been focusing on my mechassassin. the mix of sneak attack ranged combat and assassinations makes for a very active playstyle so as you're looking for a shake up to your playstyle i think you're going to enjoy playing a mechassassin.
    www.legendsguild.eu A light RP guild that's moved from Keeper in Europe to Thelanis
    Play DDO in 3D, for fweeeee! how to use coloured 3D glasses with DDO.
    East? West? Which way's that? Putting East and West back on the (mini)map
    Tired of chasing blue dots? Find a speed or striding item, vets are hooked on them and you will be too!

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

We appear to have had similar ideas, but from opposite ends; see my Mechassin. I focused on melee DPS while you focused on ranged DPS, but the premise of combining Assassin with Mechanic is the same.
    Revisiting the Classics: Axesinger / Dwarven Defender / Drow Ninja / Drow Paladin / Elven Ranger / Monkcher / Sacred Vanguard
    Other build threads: Cleric Domains / Kundarak Brigade / Iconic Builds
    My Build Index: a Motley Menagerie of Original Rapscallions, Pugilists, and Gimps!

Quote Originally Posted by ReaperAlexEU View Post
    also if you do ever do a full TR you'll be pleasantly surprised with how easy it is to level up.
    thank you. can you please suggest me a leveling up table eventually?
    cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    We appear to have had similar ideas, but from opposite ends; see my Mechassin. I focused on melee DPS while you focused on ranged DPS, but the premise of combining Assassin with Mechanic is the same.
    yah, pretty much. still, for once i wanted to avoid 2WF style and bring something different to the field as stated above. what i've found in classic 2WF assassin builds (my former one was STR based with khopeshes) is the fact you get hit a lot and for huge dmg. dont get me wrong, i dont jump into combat like a barbarian, i stick to rogue plans to let party get aggro and THEN step in and steal chunks of life from foes too busy to care about me. but even in this scenario, the useless AC a rogue has combined with an extremely poor PRR, makes me rely only on a few dodge%, blurry and ghostly. cleaving monsters are too much of a pain, especially devils and orthons which are also extremely hard to assassinate due to their random aggro/permacleave. no need to say, in EE quests/raids, if i get cleaved, i have to stop doing anything and scrollheal or a second shot will take me down (i have averagely 650 hp unless im in pally ED - 1009 hp). hence, my point is "screw this", lez change for once.

2017 DDO Players Council Arkantios's Avatar

Pstttttt, I helped a little bit toooo xD
    XxMazexX the Rogue SneakATank.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkantios View Post
    Pstttttt, I helped a little bit toooo xD
    hehe, true.
    well, lez try to figure out at least a gear plan for endgame?

- armor: i suppose hide of the goristro is the best armor for this build especially the 10% tendon slice version. can be CON +3 or +8 eventually. epic utility vest is a good one to have before we get planar focus of subterfuge. flawless black dragon is also a great candidate for here.
    - gloves: we also want +11 int, making gloves of the master illusionist the best catch.
    - neck: gilvaenor set stacks, we might want it to add more alacrity. otherwise death locket.
    - trinket: should definitely be planar focus of subterfuge +3 int. when on trap duties, epic spyglass should be good. PLIS as side of course..
    -boots: goatskin boots might be nice to grant a 15% alacrity even when you dont use needle, otherwise treads of falling shadows should be a decent pick for boot slot.
    - cloak: cloak slot can be filled by adamantine of wolf (my first pick) or cloak of night maybe?
    - bracers: for bracers i was thinking of epic bracers of the wind unless anything better comes in my mind.
    - belt: epic spare hand is underperforming here i guess despite the +3% doublestrike. maybe belt slot should go to GS minII belt for having some more hp.
    - goggles: dream visor maybe, even if id stick to some random gen loot deadly +9 of something, possibly with one or 2 slots. epic time sensing should just be a sideswap for haste i think.
    - head: black dragon in case we go for armor too, otherwise i have no idea.
    - ring1: ring of deceit. no discussion gere. just too strong and sinergic with the build for using anything else.
    - ring2: gilvaenor / shadow (for better hide/move silent when assassinate) / epic stalker T3.
    - quiver: we do want a quiver of poison.

any better options?

got a final build/asset for this. i have to admit im more than satisfied about it.
    questing is extremely easier compared to a melee rogue and skills are insane. can search/DD anything in game including brothers of the forge EE.
    dps is huge, i reached an average of 100 dmg per bolt, which means 300ish per attack on a repeater.
    HP arent a problem at all (500/600ish) even without epic toughness.
    assassinate DC, once lev 28, geared and buffed, reaches 70 on a drow build with starting INT 20.
    20+7 lev ups, +5 tome, +11 gear, +2 ship, +2 drow enhancement, +2 assassin enhancement, +2 mecha enhancement, +2 assassin capstone, +2 yugo, +1 exceptional, +3 insightful makes 59, or +24, giving a basic assassinate DC of 10+20+24=54, 60 with stealthy, 65 in measure the foe and 67 with epic midnight greetings.
    you can add up to other 3 getting 5xINT from shadowdancer ED eventually reaching a nice 70, even tho im actually running EE at lev 25 with a dc of 62 without problems (all non fighters 100% kill, fighters 60% kills).

drow build for sure. feats: insightful reflexes, precision, pb shot, rapid shot, rapid reload, precise shot, imp precise shot, imp crit ranged, imp sneak attack, combat archery, holy strikes, doubleshot.

gear and equipment (recommended)

head: shade's hood lev 26/27 with heavy fort slotted
    neck: EH death's locket
    trinket: planar focus of subterfuge ins INT+3 / epic treasure hunter spyglass with +2 luck slotted
    goggles: deadly X of something, resistence possibly / epic time sensing for haste clicky
    cloak: adamantine cloak of the wolf
    armor: hide of goristro +8 CON, +10% tendon slice (chance to proc EVERY hit, extremely useful on this build) / epic utility vest with +2 luck slotted (for trap duties)
    bracers: epic bracers of the wind with WIS+7 or better and blindness immunity slotted
    belt: GS minII / skullduggery kit EE with seekerX or speedX or +50 hp
    gloves: gloves of master illusionist EE with deathblock slotted
    boots: epic halcyon boots with STR+7 or better and fear immunity slotted
    ring1: epic ring of stalker with +200 sp or better slotted
    ring2: epic ring of deceit with heal +11 or better and underwater action slotted / ring of shadows EE with featherfall slotted

all colorless slots opened should be filled with ins stat +2 if possible.

for boss fights: gilvaenor set neck/ring (+10% ranged alacrity which stacks with needle)

weapons: needle with adamantine ruby slotted / epic silver slinger / epic midnight greetings / agony

the lack of blue slots might require swapping halcyon for ml 27/28 goatskin boots, possibly with 115% fort, allowing you to slot a PRR +12 in and/or EE jeweled cloak for wolf (wolf is better tho).
    of course the problem is reduced if you have a flawless black dragon armor with helm (both have green slot) but losing that 10% tendon slice from goristro is quite hard for me.
    gear setup is very difficult here and one cannot have all. hope to find soon a better asset than this (which is a great one but still lacks in optimization) and update the build.

so far, anyway, im very impressed.

Community Member

I just returning after a 2 to 3 year break so I decided to TR again to get a feel for the game again. I followed this INT-based rogue idea and it's been remarkable so far. I am currently Lv14 and can critically succeed traps in Lv14 Elite quests (So a Lv16 quest) on a roll 10. Not only can I embarrass any trap in the game but I am consistently in the top three for kills. Obviously, the kill counter isn't a reliable source for DPS but I'm doing 300+ damage minimum per repeater clip.

I am not familiar with epic destinies or the new end game equipment, but using what I know I've compiled my Halfling version to this build in DDO Character Player. It's pretty much that same thing, however with Halfling I am getting +3 to all saves, +2 SA Dice and hit, and heroic companion for my allies. I have listed a +5 Supreme tome to my build simply because I have it, it is not required.

The build is showing statistics as if you were naked and unbuffed.

Code:
    Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 04.19.03
    DDO Character Planner Home Page

Possessed by Darkness
    Level 28 True Neutral Halfling Male
    (20 Rogue \ 8 Epic) 
    Hit Points: 380
    Spell Points: 0 
    BAB: 15\15\20\25\25
    Fortitude: 15
    Reflex: 29
    Will: 12

Starting            Ending          Feat/Enhancement
    Abilities        Base Stats         Base Stats         Modified Stats
    (36 Point)       (Level 1)          (Level 28)           (Level 28)
    Strength              6                 11                   11
    Dexterity            16                 21                   23
    Constitution         16                 21                   21
    Intelligence         18                 30                   36
    Wisdom               10                 15                   15
    Charisma             10                 15                   15

Tomes Used
    +1 Tome of Strength used at level 3
    +1 Tome of Dexterity used at level 3
    +1 Tome of Constitution used at level 3
    +1 Tome of Intelligence used at level 3
    +1 Tome of Wisdom used at level 3
    +1 Tome of Charisma used at level 3
    +2 Tome of Strength used at level 7
    +2 Tome of Dexterity used at level 7
    +2 Tome of Constitution used at level 7
    +2 Tome of Intelligence used at level 7
    +2 Tome of Wisdom used at level 7
    +2 Tome of Charisma used at level 7
    +3 Tome of Strength used at level 11
    +3 Tome of Dexterity used at level 11
    +3 Tome of Constitution used at level 11
    +3 Tome of Intelligence used at level 11
    +3 Tome of Wisdom used at level 11
    +3 Tome of Charisma used at level 11
    +4 Tome of Strength used at level 15
    +4 Tome of Dexterity used at level 15
    +4 Tome of Constitution used at level 15
    +4 Tome of Intelligence used at level 15
    +4 Tome of Wisdom used at level 15
    +4 Tome of Charisma used at level 15
    +5 Tome of Strength used at level 19
    +5 Tome of Dexterity used at level 19
    +5 Tome of Constitution used at level 19
    +5 Tome of Intelligence used at level 19
    +5 Tome of Wisdom used at level 19
    +5 Tome of Charisma used at level 19

Starting            Ending          Feat/Enhancement
                     Base Skills        Base Skills        Modified Skills
    Skills           (Level 1)          (Level 28)          (Level 28)
    Balance               7                 29                   37
    Bluff                 4                 25                   35
    Concentration         3                  5                   13
    Diplomacy             4                 25                   33
    Disable Device        8                 36                   47
    Haggle                0                 25                   33
    Heal                  0                  2                   10
    Hide                  7                 29                   43
    Intimidate            0                  2                   10
    Jump                  2                 15                   25
    Listen                0                 25                   38
    Move Silently         7                 29                   41
    Open Lock             7                 29                   40
    Perform               n/a               n/a                  n/a
    Repair                4                 13                   24
    Search                8                 36                   47
    Spellcraft            4                 13                   21
    Spot                  4                 25                   36
    Swim                 -2                 23                   31
    Tumble                7                 13                   21
    Use Magic Device      4                 25                   36

Level 1 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Monk
    Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Monk
    Feat: (Selected) Point Blank Shot

Level 2 (Rogue)

Level 3 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Selected) Rapid Shot

Level 4 (Rogue)
    Ability Raise: INT

Level 5 (Rogue)

Level 6 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Selected) Rapid Reload

Level 7 (Rogue)

Level 8 (Rogue)

Level 9 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Selected) Insightful Reflexes

Level 10 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Rogue Bonus) Defensive Roll

Level 11 (Rogue)

Level 12 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Selected) Improved Critical: Ranged Weapons

Level 13 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Rogue Bonus) Improved Evasion

Level 14 (Rogue)

Level 15 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Selected) Precise Shot

Level 16 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Rogue Bonus) Crippling Strike

Level 17 (Rogue)

Level 18 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Selected) Improved Precise Shot

Level 19 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Rogue Bonus) Slippery Mind

Level 20 (Rogue)

Level 21 (Epic)
    Feat: (Selected) Epic: Combat Archery

Level 22 (Epic)

Level 23 (Epic)

Level 24 (Epic)
    Feat: (Selected) Epic: Improved Sneak Attack

Level 25 (Epic)

Level 26 (Epic)
    Feat: (Epic Destiny) Epic Destiny: Holy Strike

Level 27 (Epic)
    Feat: (Selected) Precision

Level 28 (Epic)
    Feat: (Epic Destiny) Epic Destiny: Doubleshot
    Enhancement: Halfling - Halfling Luck (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Halfling - Dexterity (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Halfling - Dexterity (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Halfling - Cunning (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Halfling - Cunning (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Halfling - Guile (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Halfling - Heroic Companion (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Halfling - Heroic Companion (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Halfling - Guile (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Assassin (Rog) - Knife in the Darkness (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Assassin (Rog) - Dagger in the Back (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Assassin (Rog) - Assassin's Trick (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Assassin (Rog) - Nimbleness (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Assassin (Rog) - Lethality (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Assassin (Rog) - Deadly Shadow (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Assassin (Rog) - Sneak Attack Training (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Assassin (Rog) - Stealthy (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Assassin (Rog) - Stealthy (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Assassin (Rog) - Venomed Blades (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Assassin (Rog) - Venomed Blades (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Assassin (Rog) - Venomed Blades (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Assassin (Rog) - Critical Accuracy (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Assassin (Rog) - Critical Accuracy (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Assassin (Rog) - Critical Accuracy (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Assassin (Rog) - Shadow Dagger (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Assassin (Rog) - Shadow Dagger (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Assassin (Rog) - Shadow Dagger (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Assassin (Rog) - Intelligence (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Assassin (Rog) - Critical Damage (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Assassin (Rog) - Critical Damage (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Assassin (Rog) - Critical Damage (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Assassin (Rog) - Killer (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Assassin (Rog) - Killer (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Assassin (Rog) - Killer (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Assassin (Rog) - Intelligence (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Assassin (Rog) - Assassinate (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Assassin (Rog) - Measure the Foe (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Assassin (Rog) - Measure the Foe (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Assassin (Rog) - Measure the Foe (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Mechanic (Rog) - Arbalester (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Mechanic (Rog) - Tanglefoot (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Mechanic (Rog) - Targeting Sights (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Mechanic (Rog) - Improved Detection (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Mechanic (Rog) - Mechanics (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Mechanic (Rog) - Mechanics (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Mechanic (Rog) - Mechanics (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Mechanic (Rog) - Awareness (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Mechanic (Rog) - Awareness (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Mechanic (Rog) - Awareness (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Mechanic (Rog) - Skill Boost (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Mechanic (Rog) - Skill Boost (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Mechanic (Rog) - Skill Boost (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Mechanic (Rog) - Use Magical Device (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Mechanic (Rog) - Use Magical Device (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Mechanic (Rog) - Use Magical Device (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Mechanic (Rog) - Intelligence (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Mechanic (Rog) - Intelligence (Rank 1)

Quote Originally Posted by Masakado View Post
    I just returning after a 2 to 3 year break so I decided to TR again to get a feel for the game again. I followed this INT-based rogue idea and it's been remarkable so far. I am currently Lv14 and can critically succeed traps in Lv14 Elite quests (So a Lv16 quest) on a roll 10. Not only can I embarrass any trap in the game but I am consistently in the top three for kills. Obviously, the kill counter isn't a reliable source for DPS but I'm doing 300+ damage minimum per repeater clip.

I am not familiar with epic destinies or the new end game equipment, but using what I know I've compiled my Halfling version to this build in DDO Character Player. It's pretty much that same thing, however with Halfling I am getting +3 to all saves, +2 SA Dice and hit, and heroic companion for my allies. I have listed a +5 Supreme tome to my build simply because I have it, it is not required.
    about halfling: the gain is surely nice with SA, dodge and ST but the loss is pretty bad compared to drow: -2 int, no spell res.

about EDs: i got shadowdancer filling up all the 6 tiers in INT. was running with devouring shadows and such but i've found much easier to go with assassinate DC 70 since in endgame the shadow instakill works on very few foes, most are immune. FOTW is another ED you want for raids mainly.

about new gear: EE gloves of the master illusionist is the only +11 INT item in game. drops from "a break in the ice". must have. ring of deceit is also a great pull for the build, drops in raid "fall of truth". needle is the main weapon, drops in raid "caught in the web".

Community Member

Default how about shadar-kai?

Hi man

Was wandering, why not shadar-kai instead of drow?
    They look built for rogue, specially assassin rogue. Let's see the good...
    bonus to INT
    spike chain, AoE damage, does not break stealth!!!
    guile for more sneak attack dices
    shadow jaunt for quick "get out of trouble" button
    and last: gloom stalker! let you sneak attack even when you have aggro!!! (don't know the proc rate)
    Anyway... seems pretty decent to me, what am i missing?
    Would love feed back before Tring (was going human assassin, but now...)
    Thanks