Community Member

Default Extremely slow before login

I have been experiencing an exceptionally slow load screen. When I launch DDO, the normal screen where it checks for patches and such comes up, then it reaches a spot where it says 100% iterations done and hangs there for about 5 minutes. Then the username and password prompts finally appear and everything is as normal. Why is it hanging there so long? This started with the most recent update.

Not sure if it's related, but reaching the website is much slower than it used to be.

The game itself runs fine, it's the launcher that's taking forever.

Community Member

This is a screenshot of what I see for 5 minutes.

Community Member

I finally discovered what the problem was, I had been running Avast anti-virus (since I have some Windows programs I use) and a recent update to it caused disk access to suddenly be EXTREMELY slow. I removed it and now everything is back to normal. So if you're going to use an AV program on OSX (which still isn't really needed) don't use that one!

Quote Originally Posted by Myranna View Post
    I finally discovered what the problem was, I had been running Avast anti-virus (since I have some Windows programs I use) and a recent update to it caused disk access to suddenly be EXTREMELY slow. I removed it and now everything is back to normal. So if you're going to use an AV program on OSX (which still isn't really needed) don't use that one!

I noticed the same thing but not 5 minute delay mine was only about 30 seconds but I have and SSD as my primary drive so your experience may very - in avast preferences>file system shield> advance options> you can exclude the /applications/DNDLauncher.app/ path and fix this issue.