Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I love seeing someone post something I agree with then just watch as the firewalls and cometfalls on the OP and the flaming begins. YOU PEOPLE ARE SO NEGATIVE towards anyone who does not agree with your philosphy of the game IT IS DEAD I sit around hours at a time trying to do stuff as well. BUT God forbid you post asking why in forums as the flaming trolls kick in and attack the poster.

Quote Originally Posted by vampiregoat69 View Post
    I love seeing someone post something I agree with then just watch as the firewalls and cometfalls on the OP and the flaming begins. YOU PEOPLE ARE SO NEGATIVE towards anyone who does not agree with your philosphy of the game IT IS DEAD I sit around hours at a time trying to do stuff as well. BUT God forbid you post asking why in forums as the flaming trolls kick in and attack the poster.
    Actually, if you read the first post, it was very negative. I tried to show a positive light by saying, hey, it's really not as bad as you make it out to seem, here are some ideas to try and relight that spark. Then I was called a troll.
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

Quote Originally Posted by Shorlong View Post
    Actually, if you read the first post, it was very negative. I tried to show a positive light by saying, hey, it's really not as bad as you make it out to seem, here are some ideas to try and relight that spark. Then I was called a troll.
    Dont you know that if youre not one of the cool and smart kids that know the game is dying and that turbine does not know what they are doing, youre a troll.
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

God, you know, this game is dying if you have not noticed. Is it dead? Well, if it was, the company would have already filed for bankruptcy and such. The reason I am saying the game is dying is for these reasons:

• Both the latest 'expansion' and the last couple of updates have received mostly negative reactions than positive.
    • Grouping is down on ALL servers.
    • The trend for new workers coming and going on the forums and behind the scenes is continuing. There are very few 'seasoned' people still working. Not none, but too few, in my opinion.

These 3 things mean either more expenses and/or less profit for Turbine. And as we know, less profit is always bad, especially if it persists for a certain amount of time. That means something's going to have to give in order for the game to stay afloat, or else the company will go bankrupt, hence why I believe the game is currently dying; there's very little to sacrifice in order to stabilize losses and the current trend is for the game to become non-existant unless something comes along and offsets the losses.

Better enjoy the game while it lasts. I know ill try to.
    Here's a riddle for you: What do you call people who play the game for only a day and apparently know everything?

Community Member

Newsflash: 8 year old game is nearing the end of its life cycle.

In other news, water is still wet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ancient View Post
    Yes, we all know you were right back in 2009 before you took an arrow to the knee.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyopa View Post
    I wish there were a way to never see any of your posts.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shorlong View Post

I guess you didn't read my first post...

I suggest you re read it if you take it as all negative.

I like the game, I like groups, I like raids.

I said I dont have the answers to fix the problem. I offered up a possible reason for hardly any raids. Before the raiders box's I could do 6 citw's a week easy.

I said to maybe take the timers off.

Then you came in. told me you get groups and do raids, If I havent TR'd "thats on me" and I should play alts cause thats what you do.

How is me calling you a troll for jumping in and saying everything I see is my fault the same as me calling you a troll for saying the game isnt dieing?

Why am I trying to reason with you? I guess I am a fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Croffer View Post
    I guess you didn't read my first post...

I suggest you re read it if you take it as all negative.

I like the game, I like groups, I like raids.

I said I dont have the answers to fix the problem. I offered up a possible reason for hardly any raids. Before the raiders box's I could do 6 citw's a week easy.

I said to maybe take the timers off.

Then you came in. told me you get groups and do raids, If I havent TR'd "thats on me" and I should play alts cause thats what you do.

How is me calling you a troll for jumping in and saying everything I see is my fault the same as me calling you a troll for saying the game isnt dieing?

Why am I trying to reason with you? I guess I am a fool.
    Negative can mean more than one thing. It might be that he meant that you were feeling negative about the whole thing and tried to give you ways to cope. But the one thing that proved that you ARE negative is that you started calling him a troll.

Quote Originally Posted by knightgf View Post
    God, you know, this game is dying if you have not noticed. Is it dead? Well, if it was, the company would have already filed for bankruptcy and such. The reason I am saying the game is dying is for these reasons:

• Both the latest 'expansion' and the last couple of updates have received mostly negative reactions than positive.
    • Grouping is down on ALL servers.
    • The trend for new workers coming and going on the forums and behind the scenes is continuing. There are very few 'seasoned' people still working. Not none, but too few, in my opinion.

These 3 things mean either more expenses and/or less profit for Turbine. And as we know, less profit is always bad, especially if it persists for a certain amount of time. That means something's going to have to give in order for the game to stay afloat, or else the company will go bankrupt, hence why I believe the game is currently dying; there's very little to sacrifice in order to stabilize losses and the current trend is for the game to become non-existant unless something comes along and offsets the losses.

Better enjoy the game while it lasts. I know ill try to.
    If you havent noticed the game has been dying for at least 4 years now. Somehow it hasnt died yet. Every thing that proves to you that the game is dying is just proof of you being unhappy with the game as it is. Nothing more (the game might be dying or not, i wont comment one way or the othewr about that, but the proofs you gave are no proofs at all)

Community Member

While there may have been some negative reaction to aspects of the latest work, there has been a ton of stuff going on. We've had a lengthy new quest chain, a complete overhaul of the enhancement system, and entirely new forms of reincarnation added to the game. That's not "dying" or "neglected" levels of development - it's reasonably healthy. Sure, you can't bank on that to mean that everything is hunky dory behind the scenes, but it's hardly an indication of imminent doom, even if it turns out that doom is in fact impending. We've had loads of new character options either created from scratched or finished off to a playable standard: Occult Slayer, Ravager, Henshin Mystic, Deepwood Stalker, Warpriest, Eldritch Knight, Arcanotechnician, Ninja Spy... most games should have it so good to get so many new or completed "talent tree" equivalents!

We've also just had a major US holiday, which probably doesn't help with the perception that grouping is a little slow right now.

Quote Originally Posted by bartharok View Post
    If you havent noticed the game has been dying for at least 4 years now. Somehow it hasnt died yet. Every thing that proves to you that the game is dying is just proof of you being unhappy with the game as it is. Nothing more (the game might be dying or not, i wont comment one way or the othewr about that, but the proofs you gave are no proofs at all)
    Its in a coma on life support?

I'm on Sarlona and I am not seeing what you are seeing, I run with my guild 20% of the time and PUG 80% of the time (more guild runs recently since the enhancement changes have brought back quite a few people). Since U20 I have pugged the following raids:

VoD
    Shroud
    FoT (note I never ran this raid before U20, got flagged because of raiders box)
    CiTW (Same as above)
    ToD (That I lead)
    DQ
    Lord of Blades

And that doesn't count the VoN/Chrono/Titan/Reavers fate/Master Artificer raids I had seen up and wasn't in the mood to go on. The only raids I haven't seen a LFM for is Hound and Twilight Forge (though I rarely check for Twilight forge raids). With that said, there are lots of times where there isn't a group up doing what I want to do, a side effect of having lots of things to do (which I think is a major positive). And if I see no LFM for my level range or nothing I want to do I will solo, or put up a LFM myself.

But then again *everything* is dying just all at different rates.

Though truth be told I see fewer raids and they take way longer to fill compared to a year ago, but thats just my experience, I bet when im not in game, or on different servers, the LFM panels are chocablock, and all fill in under 5 minutes.

OP your just playing the game wrong, and/or are mistaken just not paying attention to the LFM's................all is well people nothing to see here...........just move along now........I heard TP is going to be on sale soon?

@OP

One of the things that is somewhat broken with the game is the gap between casual players and long time players. If you're looking at the lfm panel to find buddies to quest with, I would wager that you haven't really made your way into any communities and channels. Hanging around in a dead guild isn't going to help you out a lot. My suggestion would be to actively search for people in your timezone who you like playing with, let em know that you appreciate questing with them and form your own community.

Taking out timers from raids might be a good idea. At least that way your participation in raids wouldn't be throttled by the plat in your bank. Personally, I don't even want to know how much I've spent on raid timer bypasses.

But regarding the lack of people to run with... just posting on the forums about issues you haven't done anything to correct em yourself is just a form of slacktivism. There are lots of things you can do to make the game more enjoyable. If that is something you are not willing to do, then the game really is dead for you.
    'Too many people have opinions on things they know nothing about.
    And the more ignorant they are, the more opinions they have.'
    Omnipresence, Ghallanda
    - Xaositect, Thakorian, Vhaerite, Hexmetal, Praxarian, Aoskar -

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    Its in a coma on life support?
    Undead.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by vampiregoat69 View Post
    I love when everyone a poster disagrees with is a flaming troll. Assumption is a two-way street.

Whining about a problem doesn't solve it. If you're finding PUGs scarce, it's up to you to solve the problem. Post your own. Play on a different server. Stop waiting for the perfect LFM. Quit making excuses. If the game was actually that dead, why would you be crying on the forums instead of playing something else?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123