Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 55
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    34

    Default No one grouping or raiding

    I am a vip.

    I play many hours every day.

    I have just over 3,000 coms.


    Ever since they gave out all of those free weapons no one raids any more.

    Since people could either dupe their coms of hero or get them mailed to them from a friend who did, all of us who didnt cheat are screwed.

    I sit around for hours every day looking at the lfm window either watchin tv, or running around in circles, or doing stuff around the house.

    I have not tr'd since u20 and have been over level 20 the entire time.

    I usually will run any thing I see that sounds fun, even en or eh, not just ee.

    over 80% of the groups I see are for favor cleanup.

    My guild is dead, the lfm is dead, the game is dieing.

    I think they should take the timers off of raids for awhile.

    I havent got to run a citw raid in a week and been off timer for longer then that.

    Maybe its time for them to combine servers.

    I would rather start naked and level 1 with my past lives then be alone this much on the game.

    I really don't know what would help. But just because I dont have the answer does not mean I can't tell some things broken.

  2. #2
    Community Member Teh_Ghoul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    232

    Default

    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ame-Expansions

    According to those giving advice to new players you're crazy and the game is fine and healthy.

  3. #3
    Community Member Shorlong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    996

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Croffer View Post
    I am a vip.

    I play many hours every day.

    I have just over 3,000 coms.


    Ever since they gave out all of those free weapons no one raids any more.

    Since people could either dupe their coms of hero or get them mailed to them from a friend who did, all of us who didnt cheat are screwed.

    I sit around for hours every day looking at the lfm window either watchin tv, or running around in circles, or doing stuff around the house.

    I have not tr'd since u20 and have been over level 20 the entire time.

    I usually will run any thing I see that sounds fun, even en or eh, not just ee.

    over 80% of the groups I see are for favor cleanup.

    My guild is dead, the lfm is dead, the game is dieing.

    I think they should take the timers off of raids for awhile.

    I havent got to run a citw raid in a week and been off timer for longer then that.

    Maybe its time for them to combine servers.

    I would rather start naked and level 1 with my past lives then be alone this much on the game.

    I really don't know what would help. But just because I dont have the answer does not mean I can't tell some things broken.
    Don't play on Wayfinder.....

    Seriously, I ran two raids (Shroud and CitW) this morning, pugged a couple EE runs of High Road and Demonweb quests, did an EE and EH VoN3, and now am just messing around with my guildie who just got the expansion and made a morninglord. I have yet to have a time where I just sat around and "did nothing". Nothing in my level range? Ok, I'll hop on another toon and play them for a bit, or I'll start my own PUG. I saw a HoX fill this morning in less than 10 minutes.

    haven't TR'ed since U20...ok...that's on you.
    Last edited by IWIronheart; 12-01-2013 at 08:16 PM.
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

    Leader of The Dark Creed

  4. #4
    Community Member Chai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, birthplace of D&D
    Posts
    25,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Ghoul View Post
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ame-Expansions

    According to those giving advice to new players you're crazy and the game is fine and healthy.
    That "all is fine" train is never late. The reasons to group battle was already fought, and was lost many times over. Many changes over years of time have eroded most reasons to group away.

  5. #5
    Community Member Shorlong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    996

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    That "all is fine" train is never late. The reasons to group battle was already fought, and was lost many times over. Many changes over years of time have eroded most reasons to group away.
    Yes, the reasons to group have eroded...if you play for efficiency. Best xp/min, comm/quest, TR zerg-train to 20 in three days. But if you play for fun and group dynamics, then yes, plenty of reasons still to group.
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

    Leader of The Dark Creed

  6. #6
    Community Member Chai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, birthplace of D&D
    Posts
    25,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shorlong View Post
    Yes, the reasons to group have eroded...if you play for efficiency. Best xp/min, comm/quest, TR zerg-train to 20 in three days. But if you play for fun and group dynamics, then yes, plenty of reasons still to group.
    Due to the myriad of complaining over the years about how people cant solo, the emphasis is now on just that, ability to solo even the toughest difficulty setting.

    Fun/group dynamics is one reason to group that can be upheld regardless of how easy turbine makes the solo game. Plenty of reasons? One left. Thus the LFM use shrivels due to the myriad of reasons to solo, plus the general poor attitude many vets have versus the PUG scene.

  7. #7
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    34

    Default

    haven't TR'ed since U20...ok...that's on you.

    what are you, some kind of a ****? I have only a couple lives left until completionist. I have had 7 paladin lives and on my 6th monk atm, I do multiple lives of the classes I like.

    I havent tr'd yet because I wanted to get enough coms for an epic one.

    And I havent played alts because this expansion was supposed to be geared to 15+.

    I try an start groups all of the time. I had a lfm up for the storm horns chain for 3 hours yesterday. And I have had a lfm up for over an hour today.

    But why would I explain myself to a troll.

    I simply stated facts about my experiences of the game as of late and you come in and start talking ****. What ever.

  8. #8
    Community Member Teh_Ghoul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Croffer View Post
    haven't TR'ed since U20...ok...that's on you.

    what are you, some kind of a ****? I have only a couple lives left until completionist. I have had 7 paladin lives and on my 6th monk atm, I do multiple lives of the classes I like.

    I havent tr'd yet because I wanted to get enough coms for an epic one.

    And I havent played alts because this expansion was supposed to be geared to 15+.

    I try an start groups all of the time. I had a lfm up for the storm horns chain for 3 hours yesterday. And I have had a lfm up for over an hour today.

    But why would I explain myself to a troll.

    I simply stated facts about my experiences of the game as of late and you come in and start talking ****. What ever.
    You didn't know that the game is now "how much money do you have, come buy a past life, tr heart, and pay not play the game"?

  9. #9
    Community Member Vellrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)
    Posts
    7,230

    Default

    Grouping =/= pugging

    kthxbai
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

  10. #10
    Community Member FlaviusMaximus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,689

    Default

    double posted for some reason

  11. #11
    Community Member FlaviusMaximus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Croffer View Post
    Ever since they gave out all of those free weapons no one raids any more.
    That happened before the free weapons. There should be fewer CiTWs run now though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Croffer View Post
    Since people could either dupe their coms of hero or get them mailed to them from a friend who did, all of us who didnt cheat are screwed.
    I didn't know you could mail heroic comms. I agree though. The duping probably hurt FoTs pretty bad.

    Quote Originally Posted by Croffer View Post
    I think they should take the timers off of raids for awhile.
    I like that you are thinking of ways to increase the number of raids being run, but I think this solution would be a bit shortsighted. You would get a temporary spike, but then you would have fewer raids run in the future. It would be bad in the long term. One might argue that bypasses already contributed to this problem, to a degree.

  12. #12
    Community Member Daine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Down Under
    Posts
    771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Croffer View Post
    Ever since they gave out all of those free weapons no one raids any more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Croffer View Post
    I think they should take the timers off of raids for awhile.
    You're saying the problem occurred because people got their raid rewards too easily, then suggest making it easier to get raid rewards...

  13. #13
    Community Member Shorlong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    996

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Croffer View Post
    haven't TR'ed since U20...ok...that's on you.

    what are you, some kind of a ****? I have only a couple lives left until completionist. I have had 7 paladin lives and on my 6th monk atm, I do multiple lives of the classes I like.

    I havent tr'd yet because I wanted to get enough coms for an epic one.

    And I havent played alts because this expansion was supposed to be geared to 15+.

    I try an start groups all of the time. I had a lfm up for the storm horns chain for 3 hours yesterday. And I have had a lfm up for over an hour today.

    But why would I explain myself to a troll.

    I simply stated facts about my experiences of the game as of late and you come in and start talking ****. What ever.
    The guy who comes on the forums and talks about how the game is dying is ok, but someone stating otherwise is a troll...makes sense.

    Anyway, I stated facts about my game experiences as of late as well. I also have about half of the comms needed for a Epic Heart, but I probably won't get one. Instead, I will use them on stupid potions or whatever. As VIP, we both will be getting epic hearts on all epic level characters starting december 12th.

    As far as not playing alts, what does it matter if the expansion is geared 15+. You can't play non-expansion stuff? Again, that is completely on you. There are options there, you are just complaining because you don't want to use any of them.

    Also, since this thread started, I have seen two CitW raids fill on Thelanis, along with a Shroud, Reavers and EE Well quest. I also saw a EE Wheloon chain start, but it only had four people after about 10 minutes.
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

    Leader of The Dark Creed

  14. #14
    Community Member Qhualor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    13,398

    Default

    when you say no one raids anymore, I assume you mean no one raids Shroud, FOT, CITW and Von 6 because those are the only raids that have any real activity now.

    the lfm degrading has been going on for months and months and theres lots and lots of reasons why. the Raiders Box was just another nail in the coffin. a lot of players were "awesome Turbine! thank you!" when it just gave us less reasons to run CITW. in general, players have trouble looking beyond their own nose and the effects something like that can cause overall in the game. like I said, that is just one thing and there are many reasons why. the lfm these days is pretty much just looking for people to help the party leader complete quests faster.
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

    You are the one choosing not to play alts.

    Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

  15. #15
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Well on my server there is a HN The lord of Blades, and an EN House of Broken chains. The EN is already ransacked for me so no coms.


    The guy who comes on the forums and talks about how the game is dying is ok, but someone stating otherwise is a troll...makes sense.

    No thats not why your a troll. I don't care what you state. But when you come telling me how to play.... that I have options to start a level 1 bard.... F off.

    The reason is...

    I stated problems I am seeing in the game on my server, and you come along and are like Well "I"... I.... I....

    I don't give a **** if you like to play 20 different toons and craft and do what ever. Thats not me.

    I like to play my main, AND after an expansion geared at high levels FEATURING EPIC DESTINY INCARNATIONS comes out I would like to be able to try out that new feature they sold as all the rage.

    Why would I play an alt when I want to see what the new content is like?

    So Thank you for your advice on how I should play. And thank you for letting me know that you have had great luck today with raids and groups.

    I have not, and none of what you said addresses any of my concerns.

  16. #16
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member
    MeliCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,497

    Default

    I hear you Croffer. And I'm on Thelanis where a lot of raiding does happen - although mainly in the US peak times. I don't bother trying to get a group together for a raid during my peak times as it tends not to fill unless it's something like von56 and that is because of the xp. I think it would really help the popularity of raids if they had a large number of Comms of Valour offered for them.

    With grouping with lfms... well again sometimes there is just no one at your level doing what you want to do And I suspect that this is just going to get worse and worse with more content. Hard to tell but a lot of end game people are ETRing like mad so Comms/min and Xp is all that matters to them (not raids).

    So at the moment, if I pay attention to elite bravery bonus and I offer a Bloody Crypt at max level 8 and it's peak times I might get lucky and get a few people. Or say Greymoon. Or ignoring elite bravery bonus and just paying attention to Sagas I just offer up a EH run of S-city and bring my trusty hireling for traps and locks. And I just start soloing with the lfm up. Sometimes I get someone to join me. A lot of times though I will do about 3 quests or 90% through a run before anyone joins It's just the way it is.
    ~ Khyber ~
    ~ Melicient ~ Melianny ~ Melinator ~ Melizzic ~ Melton ~ Melvanwy ~ Mellant ~ Melangst ~

  17. #17
    Community Member Teh_Ghoul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MeliCat View Post
    EH run of S-city
    It's called Detroit
    It's just the way it is.
    and it's not healthy, healthy mmo's have healthy pug scenes. An unhealthy pug scene is a major indicator of a slowly dying mmo.

  18. #18
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member
    MeliCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,497

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Ghoul View Post
    It's called Detroit

    and it's not healthy, healthy mmo's have healthy pug scenes. An unhealthy pug scene is a major indicator of a slowly dying mmo.
    /shrugs

    I wouldn't know. The only other MMO I've tried is Neverwinter. And that MMO is supposedly the bees knees and it's grouping system was horrendously bad and one of the reasons why I left. So what you say doesn't tally. As has been said above they have been changing the flavour of DDO to be more soloable - which matches what Neverwinter has done. I'll have to ask around to my other friends who do play a lot of MMOs.
    ~ Khyber ~
    ~ Melicient ~ Melianny ~ Melinator ~ Melizzic ~ Melton ~ Melvanwy ~ Mellant ~ Melangst ~

  19. #19
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    34

    Default

    A lot of times though I will do about 3 quests or 90% through a run before anyone joins It's just the way it is.

    Thats how I feel 8(


    I think there has to be a solution.

    I was thinking about this...

    In a group, every person in the group who doesn't have a late entry pen adds 5% to the exp and/or the amount of coms as the reward.

    That would be a 25% bonus. (or a 10% for a 50% bonus).

    That would promote grouping and real players even newbs over hire. Some people would still go solo or with hires for the faster less head aches but it might help for some people.

    All I know is that I play this game to be with people, not to solo. It also is alot cheaper then going out with friends drinking every night.

    I do enjoy the game when I find groups, but lately that just isnt the case.


    EDIT... Now on my server, 6:15pm est. Holiday weekend, PRIME TIME PRIME DAY.

    NOT ONE GROUP in the lfm for level 28.
    Last edited by Croffer; 11-30-2013 at 05:17 PM.

  20. #20
    Community Member PermaBanned's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    6,820

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Croffer View Post
    Well on my server there is a HN The lord of Blades, and an EN House of Broken chains. The EN is already ransacked for me so no coms.
    Which server? Thelanis is hoppin' but idk about the rest...
    I would still like to see... Something that tests character versatility and player adaptability rather than character focus strength and quest knowledge.
    I play the quests for the content of the quests not just as an XP/min merry-go-round.
    Actual play experience is worth infinitely more than theorycrafting...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload