Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    Yes if they could make it to be more consistent with the time/effort to run the various quests/raids it would be good.
    But we've seen time and time again that the Devs have no grasp of Time/Effort when it comes rewards, whether its loot or XP. I don't see them getting this right either. Hopefully, they can prove me wrong, but even after the quest XP pass, they've shown that they drop the ball when it comes to adjusting upwards the XP for several quests that really need it.

Quote Originally Posted by oradafu View Post
    But we've seen time and time again that the Devs have no grasp of Time/Effort when it comes rewards, whether its loot or XP. I don't see them getting this right either. Hopefully, they can prove me wrong, but even after the quest XP pass, they've shown that they drop the ball when it comes to adjusting upwards the XP for several quests that really need it.
    Yeah..................their track record is so good.......im so full of confidence now.

Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Enoach View Post
    I seem to have missed my mark in what I was trying to say...

In our current system Raids are not the most efficient method of getting CoVs. We currently have the other quests available and we have several posts concerning how the quests are lacking when it comes to the amount needed. I think the focus should be on brining the CoVs in line with leveling from 20 to 28 on EH as previously posted. I think the numbers should be adjusted based on the idea that a well identified group of players do run with Tomes of Learning and that should be considered.

Simply straightening this part of the formula out should then help establish a better rate of drops even at the Raid level. However, at the Raid level, I feel a person should be more focused on the equipment and upgrade components.

I think trying to focus on Raids for CoV drops takes the view away from the real problem with CoVs.
    "In our current system..."

If the current system was worth saying anything good about, I'm sure people would be saying good things. Shall we look for positive user reviews?

Most raids do not often give us anything we want, very often. As for equipment and upgrade components, those come often enough in chests. And what you think people should be concentrating on, is an opinion that's only valid for you. I get tired of people telling me how I should be playing.

There's no reason that CoVs shouldn't be in the list of end rewards (at a raid-worthy rate), same as renown. You'd sneer at anything less than an Impressive Trophy in an Epic raid end reward and even then you wouldn't want to chose it unless there was nothing you wanted in the list. But it happens.

It seems to me that CoVs being earned at decent rates in raids would go a long way to making them a more common sight than they are currently in the LFM panel.

By "currently" I'm referring to a pathetic rate of occurrence on my server.

Default Comm drop rate ccalculation explained in detail

You do realize that the Comm drop rate is calculated as:

COMM DROP RATE = TURBINE ESTIMATE OF THE ABSOLUTE MAXIMUM QUANTITY NEEDED TO MOTIVATE PLAYERS TO BUY EPIC HEARTS OF WOOD IN THE STORE AND NEVER CONSIDER TO GRIND THEM.

So, I am playing a lot less now. It is boring to grind out comms at the current drop rate. I would be very happy to give Turbine dollars....for new content. I have done so at every point in history that the opportunity has been provided to me when new content becomes available. I am not happy to just fork over dollars in a pay to grind, then grind-and-pay to win system. I would rather just log on to see old friends and run the old content for memory sake. The entire DDO ecosystem has lost its value proposition for me. It is not fun when every little thing in the game is a little money grab.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaeton_Seraph View Post
    Even riding on the coat tails of power players, it's still not a short raid. In fact, I got 126,000 xp from VoN 5. So why only 31 comms? They do know that I need something like more than 4k, right?
    RTFM, DOOF, and MACHINATION on Khyber. Guild: Toy Soldiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaeton_Seraph View Post
    So they're only giving out the ETRs? I thought I read something about ITRs too. If it's only the ETRs, then this Shadar-kai, which was fun during heroic and lower epics, is going to become an albatross.
    just ETR and run him back up to cap again, between the 2 lives you should have almost half the Comms needed for your iconic heart
    "Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand"-Kurt Vonnegut

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    They need to stop using formulas for xp and comms. I was flabbergasted when they told us they use a FORMULA for xp. Every quest is hand-crafted... xp and comms should be hand-crafted as well. There should be a database table with xp and comm values that they can easily change. Long difficult quests should give more xp and comms than short easy quests. or long easy quests. Each quest is unique. XP and comms should be unique too.

If they don't know which quests are easy and which are difficult, they need to start playing the game.
    Wow...I agree O.o

I also don't understand why Comms should be an end reward at all - just give them in chests like Tokens. They named them Commendations of Valor - isn't everyone Valorous who does the quests? Should "valorous" people have to claim that they are valorous (by claiming Comms over other loot)?

Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Battery View Post
    just ETR and run him back up to cap again, between the 2 lives you should have almost half the Comms needed for your iconic heart
    Maybe, yeah. But I'd rather farm the ETR past live carp after (I/H)TRing once. But that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by HAL View Post
    Wow...I agree O.o

I also don't understand why Comms should be an end reward at all - just give them in chests like Tokens. They named them Commendations of Valor - isn't everyone Valorous who does the quests? Should "valorous" people have to claim that they are valorous (by claiming Comms over other loot)?
    They should also be in chests (unless they cut the price for ETR/ITR hearts by 30-50%, or mete them out more generously).

Quote Originally Posted by sephiroth1084 View Post
    If you think that's bad, EE Chronoscope gives 0 CoV.
    I got commendations for an EE chrono yesterday. Are you sure?
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

Quote Originally Posted by HAL View Post
    Wow...I agree O.o

They won't put them in chests because the devs are upset people are passing tokens in da farming runs. The ability to play core systems makes the people in marketing hulk smash the system designers heads. Accountants make the system decisions now because of this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12