Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 39 of 39
  1. #21
    Community Member Nightmanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendOfAra View Post
    I most certainly did not agrivate a pre-existing condition by falling off the balcony to the second floor.
    Nope, that definitely did not happen.

    Also, typing on a cell phone in a hospital bed sucks.
    O_O Seriously woman, I think you might need a bodyguard to protect you against yourself.

    I nominate me.

    I'll be right there.

  2. #22
    Hero
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    SW United States
    Posts
    2,776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmanis View Post
    O_O Seriously woman, I think you might need a bodyguard to protect you against yourself.

    I nominate me.

    I'll be right there.
    You wouldn't be a good bodyguard against herself since she can probably kick your ass.

  3. #23
    Community Member TheLegendOfAra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    TARTARUS
    Posts
    1,510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmanis View Post
    O_O Seriously woman, I think you might need a bodyguard to protect you against yourself.

    I nominate me.

    I'll be right there.
    Ahahaha you may be right. Alex says you are. Lol

    Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    You wouldn't be a good bodyguard against herself since she can probably kick your ass.
    You are definitely right. Lmao I've told you before, I am a barbarian. Rawr.

    But thanks guys. I appreciate it. But I will be home tomorrow and online to annoy... er entertain you all. ;p
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life 8/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin
    Araphell - Arasin - Arathaes - Arawyn - Aravein
    Guild: Fors Fortis;Guild of Won, & VENOM @ Argo
    "And we learn, as we age; We've learned nothing! And my body still aches."

  4. #24
    Community Member Ykt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    643

    Default

    I thought this thread would be interesting with fun/flavor builds but it looks like it belongs to a private lounge on some guild forums.

  5. #25
    Community Member TheLegendOfAra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    TARTARUS
    Posts
    1,510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ykt View Post
    I thought this thread would be interesting with fun/flavor builds but it looks like it belongs to a private lounge on some guild forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendOfAra View Post
    Mostly for personal reference.
    I'm sorry my thread isn't up to your personal standards. I guess the 4 builds I already posted didn't warrant any meaningful discussion.
    It may interest you to know that I will be posting at least 2 more tomorrow, possibly 3. These haven't already been put up because I have been rather busy, what with doctors visits, dentist appointments, christmas shopping, finding a new job, and generally adjusting to normal life after the past 2 months or so, in which I have been mostly away from home traveling. Sprinkle into that school 5 days a week...

    But as stated in my first post, this thread is mostly for personal reference; a place where I, no matter what computer or device I'm using, will have a place to keep my builds and ideas for builds and be able to access them at any time.
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life 8/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin
    Araphell - Arasin - Arathaes - Arawyn - Aravein
    Guild: Fors Fortis;Guild of Won, & VENOM @ Argo
    "And we learn, as we age; We've learned nothing! And my body still aches."

  6. #26
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendOfAra View Post
    I guess the 4 builds I already posted didn't warrant any meaningful discussion.
    Pretty much - I mean, uh.. they're all so amazing we don't need to discuss them and our praise is too great for words!
    It may interest you to know that I will be posting at least 2 more tomorrow, possibly 3.
    Extremely out there flavour builds?

    Edit: I actually want flavour builds. It's been a while since I've seen anything overly interesting pass through these forums. (Aside from that S&B casting melee sorc.. thing.)

  7. #27
    Community Member TheLegendOfAra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    TARTARUS
    Posts
    1,510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pala-forged View Post
    Pretty much - I mean, uh.. they're all so amazing we don't need to discuss them and our praise is too great for words!

    Extremely out there flavour builds?

    Edit: I actually want flavour builds. It's been a while since I've seen anything overly interesting pass through these forums. (Aside from that S&B casting melee sorc.. thing.)
    That's fine with me. I honestly don't care what anyone has to say about the builds I have already played, I know what they can and can't do, and anyone else's input on them is pretty useless; I most likely will never play any of them again, except maybe a pure Ranger.

    Flavor builds meaning builds that most people will not play, and are not optimized for the norm like most FOTM builds are.
    Like my 11Ranger/8Rogue/1Fighter which is built around Stunning Blow. I've never met another Ranger who had a stunning blow build.
    While the class split isn't super out there, the rest of the build is.

    If you're expecting things like 10Druid/8Monk/2Ranger you may want to look elsewhere. I'll only be posting builds that I would enjoy playing, and outside of Ranger that isn't very much.

    That being said, the builds I will be posting are an AA/10KStars/TWF/THF - 11Ranger/6Monk/3Pali build, a THF centered Cleric AA - 12Cleric/6Ranger/2Monk, and a TWF Khopesh BF melee sorc - 16Sorc/2Monk/2Fighter
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life 8/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin
    Araphell - Arasin - Arathaes - Arawyn - Aravein
    Guild: Fors Fortis;Guild of Won, & VENOM @ Argo
    "And we learn, as we age; We've learned nothing! And my body still aches."

  8. #28
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendOfAra View Post
    That's fine with me. I honestly don't care what anyone has to say about the builds I have already played, I know what they can and can't do, and anyone else's input on them is pretty useless; I most likely will never play any of them again, except maybe a pure Ranger.

    Flavor builds meaning builds that most people will not play, and are not optimized for the norm like most FOTM builds are.
    Like my 11Ranger/8Rogue/1Fighter which is built around Stunning Blow. I've never met another Ranger who had a stunning blow build.
    While the class split isn't super out there, the rest of the build is.

    If you're expecting things like 10Druid/8Monk/2Ranger you may want to look elsewhere. I'll only be posting builds that I would enjoy playing, and outside of Ranger that isn't very much.

    That being said, the builds I will be posting are an AA/10KStars/TWF/THF - 11Ranger/6Monk/3Pali build, a THF centered Cleric AA - 12Cleric/6Ranger/2Monk, and a TWF Khopesh BF melee sorc - 16Sorc/2Monk/2Fighter
    Lies, approval is all that matters..

    Any melee without stunning blow isn't doing it right imo. My sorc has it for a reason. So you've met at least one other, though I won't bother posting my build - was nothing special.

    But.. You claimed to have played an unarmed wizard somewhere... goddamn weak search-fu, I'll see if I can dig it up.

    THF centered cleric AA.. I made similar once. That was a fun life. As for TWF khopesh sorc, I did a greataxe sorc. CiTW hates me, finally got a Cleaver, had to be done.

    Edit: I give up, search-fu hates me. I know it was an argument with "Soulfurance" or something along those lines..
    Last edited by Pala-forged; 12-09-2013 at 06:59 AM.

  9. #29
    Community Member TheLegendOfAra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    TARTARUS
    Posts
    1,510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pala-forged View Post
    Lies, approval is all that matters..

    Any melee without stunning blow isn't doing it right imo. My sorc has it for a reason. So you've met at least one other, though I won't bother posting my build - was nothing special.

    But.. You claimed to have played an unarmed wizard somewhere... goddamn weak search-fu, I'll see if I can dig it up.

    THF centered cleric AA.. I made similar once. That was a fun life. As for TWF khopesh sorc, I did a greataxe sorc. CiTW hates me, finally got a Cleaver, had to be done.

    Edit: I give up, search-fu hates me. I know it was an argument with "Soulfurance" or something along those lines..
    Eh, outside of Barbs, Fighters and the occasional Pali, Stunning blow is almost never seen on Argo. Stunning Fist, sure, but not blow.
    So I agree, it's nothing special, just different from how most people would play a Ranger. Which is what I like most.

    While the sorc was fun, I missed the UMD offered by going full Cha based(Was Human and didn't have any UMD gear for her yet), and the godly saves the 2 pali split offers. I'm considering a TR into a 16/2/2 BF build, much like the old Tukaw except with a larger focus on melee DPS.
    I had considered trying something with a dwarf of the same split who could be a con based shiradi caster who used that +con tohit thing for melee DPS, but I haven't fleshed the idea out as much as I would like. Plus that's more work than I honestly would like to do on any toon except my Ranger. Lol

    You'd be correct, I've done 2 melee Wizard builds, one was a 18Wizard/2Monk Str/int based unarmed build(Before U14), and I used the +20LR on her to make her a 13Wizard/6Monk/1Fighter. The second is also Str/Int based, but depending on what you have available it can be either a THF or a TWF build. Mine is currently a TWF build, dual wielding Drow Rapiers(Stunning +10 and Combat Mastery +5), but since I used the raiders box on her to grab a Cleaver and a Syreth I may change her build a bit, if I get around to playing her.

    EDIT**
    I believe this is the thread you were talking about:https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...Sorcerer/page2
    At least, that's the last time I remember talking about my melee caster builds on the forums.
    Last edited by TheLegendOfAra; 12-09-2013 at 05:52 PM.
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life 8/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin
    Araphell - Arasin - Arathaes - Arawyn - Aravein
    Guild: Fors Fortis;Guild of Won, & VENOM @ Argo
    "And we learn, as we age; We've learned nothing! And my body still aches."

  10. #30
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendOfAra View Post
    Eh, outside of Barbs, Fighters and the occasional Pali, Stunning blow is almost never seen on Argo. Stunning Fist, sure, but not blow.
    So I agree, it's nothing special, just different from how most people would play a Ranger. Which is what I like most.

    While the sorc was fun, I missed the UMD offered by going full Cha based(Was Human and didn't have any UMD gear for her yet), and the godly saves the 2 pali split offers. I'm considering a TR into a 16/2/2 BF build, much like the old Tukaw except with a larger focus on melee DPS.
    I had considered trying something with a dwarf of the same split who could be a con based shiradi caster who used that +con tohit thing for melee DPS, but I haven't fleshed the idea out as much as I would like. Plus that's more work than I honestly would like to do on any toon except my Ranger. Lol

    EDIT**
    I believe this is the thread you were talking about:https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...Sorcerer/page2
    At least, that's the last time I remember talking about my melee caster builds on the forums.
    *grumbles* Not my fault people are weird. Why you wouldn't take stunning blow is beyond me. It's not extremely hard to hit pre-stormhorns DC requirement now, so... BAH.

    I'm running a 16/2/2 sorc/fighter/pally BF atm. Great fun, though I miss evasion. (Yes, yes. More fighter and less sorc is better. However, I did say I'd run a melee sorc and I don't want to "cheat" by just getting the PL - it must be a proper sorc.)

    And yup, that's the thread. Gotta love that troll that joined in partway through, claiming melee casters are bad.. then made a casting barb thread.
    The worst part, a casting barb is my favourite way to get past that life. Reconstructing, displaced and hasted barbs ftw.

  11. #31
    Community Member whereispowderedsilve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    South Western Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,155

    Default

    Is still vainly hoping for some semblance of the enhancements for the 11 ranger 8 rogue 1 fighter build *if* possible.

    No hard feelings/no worries either way. I am in the middle of exams myself, busy studying like a boss! Thanks for the information Ara!

    Keep up the great work! :P! ! ! Cheers!
    http://dillonpfaff5.wix.com/theob Sign this!!!: http://goo.gl/vS6htg

    DDO toll free support phone#: 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637)

  12. #32
    Community Member TheLegendOfAra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    TARTARUS
    Posts
    1,510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pala-forged View Post
    I'm running a 16/2/2 sorc/fighter/pally BF atm. Great fun, though I miss evasion. (Yes, yes. More fighter and less sorc is better. However, I did say I'd run a melee sorc and I don't want to "cheat" by just getting the PL - it must be a proper sorc.)
    Yeah, I honestly don't know how I'd enjoy a build without evasion. I've honestly never had a toon without it. Ever.
    I've considered a 14Sorc/4Pali/2Monk (either BF for cheap heals, or PDK for Cha to hit/damage) Kind of a win=win build.
    Max str/cha, stunning blow, THF with cleaver... Looks really fun on paper anyways.

    I guess I'd have god like enough saves that I could drop the Monk levels for Fighter for the bonus to tactics, but I'm not sure the trade off is enough since I probably can't hit the needed DC's outside of heroic anyways...My sorc lacks gear and past lives.

    With the 2 Monk version you might be able to rearrange the stats a bit, max Wis instead of Cha(keeping Cha still at a decent level) and make a Stunning Fist build instead.

    Quote Originally Posted by whereispowderedsilve View Post
    Is still vainly hoping for some semblance of the enhancements for the 11 ranger 8 rogue 1 fighter build *if* possible. No hard feelings/no worries either way. I am in the middle of exams myself, busy studying like a boss! Thanks for the information Ara! Keep up the great work! :P! ! ! Cheers!
    Yep, I'll have em up later tonight. I didn't realize the update was today, so I have to wait until midnight before I can log in and update my game(using sat internet right now, only have so many gigs a month.. Lol)

    I can say, off the top of my head, most of my points were spent in the AA tree, as my Ranger is and always will be primarily an AA.
    So, grab the first three cores, Max dispelling shot, the fire dot thing, force arrows, shattermantle shot, and whatever else to grab Slayer Arrow.

    Then I have the first 2 cores in the human tree(+1 Str, and Damage boost for dual boosting), then the first 2 power surge things, Str and Con(Maxed) all the heal amp...Not sure what else here, I'll have to check.

    Enough Tempest to grab Haste Boost III. The bonus to trap saves, the offhand proc chance core...

    The obvious stuff from the Fighter tree, extra action boosts, whatever.

    Some sneak attack stuff from DWS, and Assassin trees.

    Really, everything except the AA stuff and the human stuff is subject to whatever you feel like getting.
    If you want more melee focus you can go with more tempest and drop some of the AA stuff, but meh. That's not what I wanted.

    And Thanks!! :3
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life 8/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin
    Araphell - Arasin - Arathaes - Arawyn - Aravein
    Guild: Fors Fortis;Guild of Won, & VENOM @ Argo
    "And we learn, as we age; We've learned nothing! And my body still aches."

  13. #33
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendOfAra View Post
    Yeah, I honestly don't know how I'd enjoy a build without evasion. I've honestly never had a toon without it. Ever.
    I've considered a 14Sorc/4Pali/2Monk (either BF for cheap heals, or PDK for Cha to hit/damage) Kind of a win=win build.
    Max str/cha, stunning blow, THF with cleaver... Looks really fun on paper anyways.

    I guess I'd have god like enough saves that I could drop the Monk levels for Fighter for the bonus to tactics, but I'm not sure the trade off is enough since I probably can't hit the needed DC's outside of heroic anyways...My sorc lacks gear and past lives.

    With the 2 Monk version you might be able to rearrange the stats a bit, max Wis instead of Cha(keeping Cha still at a decent level) and make a Stunning Fist build instead.
    Taking 50% isn't that bad. Whether it's worth it or not.. probably not, but I wanted get away from monks. Having done monk everything possible (except sorc), I was over those damn things.

  14. #34
    Community Member TheLegendOfAra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    TARTARUS
    Posts
    1,510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pala-forged View Post
    Taking 50% isn't that bad. Whether it's worth it or not.. probably not, but I wanted get away from monks. Having done monk everything possible (except sorc), I was over those damn things.
    Haha I understand that perfectly. Since I got the class I've only had one build without monk levels, which is my 3rd life on Araphina.
    It's sadly really hard for me to break away from monk splashes. Unarmed combat is one of my favorites though, so it's not to bad.
    Granted the only 2 play styles I don't like are casters and Xbows.. lol
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life 8/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin
    Araphell - Arasin - Arathaes - Arawyn - Aravein
    Guild: Fors Fortis;Guild of Won, & VENOM @ Argo
    "And we learn, as we age; We've learned nothing! And my body still aches."

  15. #35
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendOfAra View Post
    Haha I understand that perfectly. Since I got the class I've only had one build without monk levels, which is my 3rd life on Araphina.
    It's sadly really hard for me to break away from monk splashes. Unarmed combat is one of my favorites though, so it's not to bad.
    Unarmed combat is my favourite, but.. well. After 7 lives straight of it, I felt like a change. If I can hit 150-200 per hit below epics, I'm going to get bored. Fast. (Well... only if stunned. Otherwise it's down to 50-60 or thereabouts.)
    Granted the only 2 play styles I don't like are casters and Xbows.. lol
    I'm glad I'm not alone on that count...

  16. #36
    Community Member TheLegendOfAra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    TARTARUS
    Posts
    1,510

    Default

    Enhancements for the 11Ranger/8rogue/1fighter stunning blow AA build:

    Human - 21 AP

    Power Surge Str/Con tier III
    All heal amp
    Sniper Rank III
    Damage Boost
    Human adaptability Str

    Arcane Archer - 32 AP

    First Three Cores
    Summon arrows
    Energy of the Wild rank II
    Force Arrows rank III
    Dispelling Shot rank III
    Inferno shot rank III
    Shattermantle Shot rank I
    Terror Arrows rank I
    Paralyzing Arrows rank I
    Arrow of Slaying

    Tempest - 18 AP

    First Two Cores
    Improved Reaction rank III
    Whirling blades(1 Tier)
    Improved Parry rank III
    Haste Boost III

    Kensei - 7 AP

    Kensei First Core(Bows)
    Extra Action Boost III

    Deepwood Stalker - 1 AP

    First Core

    This is pretty much my current set up, but like I said before you can do what you want with it really. There are a ton of options with this class split to play with. I picked up a lot of ranged sneak attack, and AA stuff, but you could go with a more melee focused setup and grab more out of Tempest and assassin trees for more melee sneak attack. Personally I'm already seeing around 50-60 sneak attack per swing on most mobs, so I didn't feel I needed any more.

    Sorry it took me so long to get these up.
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life 8/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin
    Araphell - Arasin - Arathaes - Arawyn - Aravein
    Guild: Fors Fortis;Guild of Won, & VENOM @ Argo
    "And we learn, as we age; We've learned nothing! And my body still aches."

  17. #37
    Community Member whereispowderedsilve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    South Western Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,155

    Default

    No need to apologize, it's totally cool.

    I am still head deep in textbooks over here, 2 exams left & I can finally get back to DDO after a 4+ month hiatus/break, Heh.

    This gives me a starting point regardless, I will flavor to taste or what not! Stupendous!

    Thank you so much for getting around 2 it though, it is greatly appreciated! :P! ! ! Cheers!
    http://dillonpfaff5.wix.com/theob Sign this!!!: http://goo.gl/vS6htg

    DDO toll free support phone#: 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637)

  18. #38
    Community Member TheLegendOfAra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    TARTARUS
    Posts
    1,510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whereispowderedsilve View Post
    No need to apologize, it's totally cool.

    I am still head deep in textbooks over here, 2 exams left & I can finally get back to DDO after a 4+ month hiatus/break, Heh.

    This gives me a starting point regardless, I will flavor to taste or what not! Stupendous!

    Thank you so much for getting around 2 it though, it is greatly appreciated! :P! ! ! Cheers!
    Np. Glad I could help. And Good luck with your Exams! I hope everything goes well.

    And I also updated the first post to clean it up a bit, and added a new build I'm really looking forward too playing.
    Sadly I can't update the build I used for my second life and make it all nice and neat since I deleted my older versions of Rons planner. =/
    If I could remember my HTML commands I could hide it, but meh. To lazy to try tonight...

    The new build I posted is basically a U20 version of my second life anyways, just better hopefully, if anyways wants to play it, play the updated version. The preU19 version sadly will never, ever work the same again.

    I didn't get around to added as many as I had wanted, mainly because I spent a good 2 hours converting the 5 I had to the Character planner, and then re-posting them here, plus I was busy today with Christmas stuff. My Sister is trying to convince me Christmas in Hawaii with her family is where I need to be. lol
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life 8/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin
    Araphell - Arasin - Arathaes - Arawyn - Aravein
    Guild: Fors Fortis;Guild of Won, & VENOM @ Argo
    "And we learn, as we age; We've learned nothing! And my body still aches."

  19. #39
    Community Member TheLegendOfAra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    TARTARUS
    Posts
    1,510

    Default

    Updated the first page with my Sorcs 4th and final life. Let me know what you guys think. I'd like to get some more input from others before I make it final and TR into it, since if I don't end up liking the build I will be forever stuck with it, and the toon will be relegated to bank toon status.
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life 8/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin
    Araphell - Arasin - Arathaes - Arawyn - Aravein
    Guild: Fors Fortis;Guild of Won, & VENOM @ Argo
    "And we learn, as we age; We've learned nothing! And my body still aches."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload