2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist

Default Fate Points from Epic past lives what twists do these open up?

Okay I'm looking at twists just now with a new "whats possible now that we have more than 20 fate points available" perspective and I've come across the obvious question, how do they mean "1 fate point per 4 Epic past lives" Being that you can stack 3 epic past lives of each type, and there's 12 of them. Does this mean there are 3 new Fate points available because there's 12 epic past life choices; or 9 new fate points because you can have 36 epic past lives stacking 3 of each?

The release notes are not clear on this, so I'm wondering if the Dev's clarified this point in the pages on pages of Lam discussion I mostly didn't read.
    Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    You can't possibly design good gameplay if excitement unpredictability and unknowns are NOT ALLOWED because they confuse some players who want everything cut and dried and spelled out for them.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    Okay I'm looking at twists just now with a new "whats possible now that we have more than 20 fate points available" perspective and I've come across the obvious question, how do they mean "1 fate point per 4 Epic past lives" Being that you can stack 3 epic past lives of each type, and there's 12 of them. Does this mean there are 3 new Fate points available because there's 12 epic past life choices; or 9 new fate points because you can have 36 epic past lives stacking 3 of each?

The release notes are not clear on this, so I'm wondering if the Dev's clarified this point in the pages on pages of Lam discussion I mostly didn't read.
    There are 9 possible fate points. Although it's bugged right now and you don't get any.

So that means those 9 extra fate points add 3 new basic possibilities:

4-4-1 (27)
    4-3-2 (26)
    3-3-3 (27)

There's more possibilities if you just remove some tiers. For example, 3-3-2 (22) is also a new possibility but I'm considering that covered by 3-3-3.

Also, conceptually I see no way to spend fate point #s 28, 29 or 30 even ignoring that 30 isn't attainable. The first spendable amount after 27 is 31.

Assuming the system is made to work at all, has there been an official announcement anywhere about a cap on these fate points? If you run 40 eTRs, is that +10 fate points?
    I am the 'Who' In the call "Who's there!?"
    I am the wind blowing through your hair.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post
    Assuming the system is made to work at all, has there been an official announcement anywhere about a cap on these fate points? If you run 40 eTRs, is that +10 fate points?
    9 is the intended cap, at least at this time.

Also consider this future:

Additional Epic Destinies (dev quote available for this, no specifics yet) ~ more fate points

Raising level cap of Epic Destinies to 10 (no direct dev quote on this yet at all, one possible implication video quote) ~ lots more fate points

Fourth twist slot by epic completionist (dev quote available, saying this is the favorite choice but not guaranteed)

Sadly "more twist points" is totally useless for characters with maxed out all EDs (sadly Tier 5 isn't twistable).
    My ranger and wizard don't need more fate points at all (I have +1 twist tome sitting in the bank, useless for now).

I'd very much prefer to get more ED points instead of twist points.
    The exact trap DCs in EE HH, A guide for DDO-ML, Unknown Heroes: 3rd place, TR Cache Button, Loot Design, Welcome to Orien: /joinchannel Titan
    Quote Originally Posted by Certon View Post
    This is the most perfect suggestion in the history of suggestions, and it is full of upsides for both players and servers.

Community Member FlaviusMaximus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheRobai View Post
    ...I'd very much prefer to get more ED points instead of twist points.
    I was really surprised they decided not to give out more ED points with the epic past lives. It would have made a lot of sense. I just assumed that's how the epic past lives were going to work.

There is no reason why they shouldn't give out more ED points along with the additional twist points. It's not like the 1 twist point per 4 past lives is overly generous as is.
    Last edited by FlaviusMaximus; 11-30-2013 at 01:16 PM.

Epic Completionist would open twist 4 ~ probably 4 fate points to unlock to tier 1.

ED increasing to level 10 will grant us much needed ed points, another 16 at least I figure.
    That will be easy to spend with the existing available options, making this an easy design,
    as it only requires innates 6 thru 9 (or 10) to be added to the present system.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    So that means those 9 extra fate points add 3 new basic possibilities:

4-4-1 (27)
    4-3-2 (26)
    3-3-3 (27)

You mean...

4: Double Rainbow
    3: Rainbow
    2: Prism

...That's kind of a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Therrias View Post
    You mean...

4: Double Rainbow
    3: Rainbow
    2: Prism

...That's kind of a big deal.
    Aye, I am right at the point of having that when they fix the bug that prevents Epic past lives from granting more fate points.