Community Member

Default Is the standard Shadowfell pack worth buying for 2,200 odd TP?

I see that TP are on sale and so is the SHadowfell expansion meaning that it might be possible to pick up a bargain.

The problem is that I'm not feeling it. The Purple Dragon Knight doesn't interest me and I'm not a fan of huge Wilderness areas (Sands and Gianthold please stand up.)

So that is 2,200 TP for 5 adventures. It seems really steep considering that it doesn't have a raid (And I do enjoy a decent raid.)

Is there any part of this equation that I'm missing? Should I grab the 4500 TP bundle and hold out in the hope that the next adventure pack/expansion is a little bit more interesting? Maybe grab the Necr bundle which is the only other pack except for catacombs that I don't own?
    Last edited by Brendael; 11-28-2013 at 11:15 AM.

The wheloon area has 5 quests, the storm horns has another 5. These are currently the highest payout of CoV, so if epic tring is interesting to you, then these might be worth it just for that. They also have heroic versions that are pretty high level, so it makes the 18-20 hump slightly easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Brendael View Post
    I see that TP are on sale and so is the SHadowfell expansion meaning that it might be possible to pick up a bargain.

The problem is that I'm not feeling it. The Purple Dragon Knight doesn't interest me and I'm not a fan of huge Wilderness areas (Sands and Gianthold please stand up.)

So that is 2,200 TP for 5 adventures. It seems really steep considering that it doesn't have a raid (And I do enjoy a decent raid.)

Is there any part of this equation that I'm missing? Should I grab the 4500 TP bundle and hold out in the hope that the next adventure pack/expansion is a little bit more interesting? Maybe grab the Necr bundle which is the only other pack except for catacombs that I don't own?
    is the TP cost discounted right now as well? Its only $14.99 if you buy it with cash. if you bought 2200 Turbine points your looking at more than that.. and the cash purchase includes 1000 points to boot.

in other words... It seems insane to buy it for TP's right now.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    is the TP cost discounted right now as well? Its only $14.99 if you buy it with cash. if you bought 2200 Turbine points your looking at more than that.. and the cash purchase includes 1000 points to boot.

in other words... It seems insane to buy it for TP's right now.
    This is actually extremely useful. I never considered the market approach because I've never used it and it seems like a bit of a pain to use but subtract the value of the TP from the total cost and it makes a lot more sense.

Community Member kafrielveddicus's Avatar

This is actually extremely useful. I never considered the market approach because I've never used it and it seems like a bit of a pain to use but subtract the value of the TP from the total cost and it makes a lot more sense.
    Yes except the original account sign up is safe protected with your info and credit card.

The DDO market has a less secure coverage all round for your credit card and for sharing your personal information to other places that they feel you would fit into as a demographic for marketing too! And they have provided no way for you to refuse them the opportunity to share your personal information for marketing and research purposes.

This is why they have the two different sources in the first place, DDO Market versus in-game DDO Store.
    Guild: PD Halls of Valhalla on Ghallanda Level 56, Website: http://valhallans.proboards.com/
    Casualnarc 20, Repentnarc 16, Snipernarc 14, Banknarc 13, Gatlingnarc 12, Airnarc 12, Braverynarc 11, Lednarc 11, Tempestnarc 11, Holynarc 9, Repeatnarc 6, Ebuttonnarc 6 <-ALL WITH ZERO DEATHS

If you mean the 1000 TP you get with the $15 Shadowfell, yeah it's crazy to pass up.

Even better if you don't yet own MotU. Add $30 Shadowfell to your cart for $15, then go into your cart and add the $35 MotU for $17.50 and you're looking at $32.48 total for:

2000 TP
    Epic Destinies
    Menace of the Underdark
    Shadowfell Conspiracy
    Phiarlan Carnival
    Attack on Stormreach
    Path of Inspiration
    Dreaming Dark
    Eveningstar Challenges
    Greater Tome of Learning
    Lesser Epic Tome of Learning
    1 Character Slot
    PDK Iconic

The 2000 TP alone is worth $20, meaning everything else in that list costs you $12.48. That's a ridiculously good value for a new player, at least, who wouldn't own any of that yet.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    If you mean the 1000 TP you get with the $15 Shadowfell, yeah it's crazy to pass up.

Even better if you don't yet own MotU. Add $30 Shadowfell to your cart for $15, then go into your cart and add the $35 MotU for $17.50 and you're looking at $32.48 total for:

2000 TP
    Epic Destinies
    Menace of the Underdark
    Shadowfell Conspiracy
    Phiarlan Carnival
    Attack on Stormreach
    Path of Inspiration
    Dreaming Dark
    Eveningstar Challenges
    Greater Tome of Learning
    Lesser Epic Tome of Learning
    1 Character Slot
    PDK Iconic

The 2000 TP alone is worth $20, meaning everything else in that list costs you $12.48. That's a ridiculously good value for a new player, at least, who wouldn't own any of that yet.
    I primarily wanted to buy MotU and unlock the EDs (see https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ferent-options)

I ended up purchasing SC Collector's Edition + MotU Standard Edition from the DDO Market

They costed me (during the Black Friday special offer!) a little less than $50, including taxes.

That included some better Tomes than the Standard SC edition, 1000 TPs more, 2 more character slots, and 2 more Iconics
    If i haven't responded to your post, it doesn't necessarily mean that i don't have counter-arguments, it might simply mean that i don't want to keep feeding the trolls.
    Plastic People
    Hey! Hey!