I guess I could start with a few things. I miss:
- The old forums. Sure, ive gotten a bit used to these, but I miss the old forums.
- End-game. It was fairly stable at level 20. You had your choice of Shroud, Abbot (*Shudder*), Subterrane raids (Usually VoD) or ToD. The heroic levels also felt more solid and reliable unlike today, where epic levels are unpredictable and rough in design.
- The lack of raid timers. That helped to unify the community a bit and keep everyone on the same level; it doesn't feel right that just because someone has more money doesn't mean they should skip raid timers like they were nothing.
- Some prefixes, like old vorpal, holy of pure good, lacerating.
- The offer wall. If you played your cards right, you could get out ahead. I actually managed to get enough Turbine Points to buy the ToD adventure pack. Will we ever see something like that come back in the future? I really liked it, even though it was mostly scams.
- Some of the ways spells worked. Wail of the Banshee was awesome, AoE instant death with a fort save, a cool sound effect, and nice visuals. Now it's effing garbage. It felt so natural to just keep using Leap of Faith on a favored soul with no limit, although I can at least understand that, maybe it was too powerful. I really hate how they nerfed extend to hell, it used to be good for both buffs and damage, now its just good for buffs.
- The lack of bravery bonuses. It added a bit of unity in the community and aspired people to be a bit bold.
What do you miss?