Community Member

Thumbs up How many Epic past lifes there are total? 33?

Hi everyone,

I have not Epic Reincarnated yet so I do not know about this.
    How many Epic past life feats can you get total?
    Is it 33 (11 X 3) , three from every Destiny path?
    Or 12 (4 X 3), three from every ED Sphere?
    I do not totally understand this Epic Past life system yet.

If I got this right, I need to Epic TR 33 times total to obtain all possible epic past lifes, yes?

I was just wondering how many Epic Hearts of Woods I need to buy now for the future when they are -20% off now??

Thanks you so much for the answer!

Quote Originally Posted by Jizohhh View Post
    Hi everyone,

I have not Epic Reincarnated yet so I do not know about this.
    How many Epic past life feats can you get total?
    Is it 33 (11 X 3) , three from every Destiny path?
    Or 12 (4 X 3), three from every ED Sphere?
    I do not totally understand this Epic Past life system yet.

If I got this right, I need to Epic TR 33 times total to obtain all possible epic past lifes, yes?

I was just wondering how many Epic Hearts of Woods I need to buy now for the future when they are -20% off now??

Thanks you so much for the answer!
    It is per sphere not per destiny.

So your total would be 12.
    Panzermeyer - Huge Terry Brooks Shannara Fan

Main
    Jelara Shannara - Morning Lord Warlock
    (TR XXI - Barb x3, Drd x3, FvS x3, Pal x3, Rgr x1, Rog x2, Sorc x3, Wiz x3 - EtR XII - Epic Completionist - ItR III - PDK x3)
    Alts
    DamsonRhee Shannara - PDK Swashbuckler
    Challenge Farmer
    Eritria Shannara - Human Swashbuckler
    (TR VII - Ftr x3, Sorc x1, Wiz x3 EtR - Prim x1)
    Kirisin Shannara - Sun Elf Shadovar Infiltrator (TR XIV - Barb x1, Bard x1, Clc x3, Fvs x3, Sorc x3, Wiz x3 - EtR V - Mart x2, Div x3 - ItR - MLE x1)

Community Member

Thank you for the quick answer!
    That's awesome, thanks! Saves me a lot of DDO Points

there are 12 feats and you can get each 3 times...so 36.
    Caellwin on Orion server since December 2009

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Panzermeyer View Post
    It is per sphere not per destiny.

So your total would be 12.
    But they also stack 3 times each so you would need 36 if you wanted the maximum possible bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    But they also stack 3 times each so you would need 36 if you wanted the maximum possible bonus.
    What do we know about Arcane Critical stacking 3 times for a total of 9% crit? I haven't seen confirmation on this yet, the text doesn't mention stacking (but could just be missing this additional description...although that would be odd because the rest of the EPL's text do specifically mention stacking 3x. Could be whoever wrote that description wasn't in synch with the rest of the team, but I hesitate to try for more than 1 Arcane Crit EPL until this is answered.) Sorry for the extra long parenthetical phrase.
    Cannith: Ortarr (leader of Killer Dwarfs) - Purge Bravely - Drunkungfu Master - Ortarrdo Son of Ortarr - *others*

Currently 33 Epic Past Lives, soon to be 36 Epic Past Lives. You can have only 4 stances (1 per sphere) active at 1 time, but the passives will all stack (3 PPR per divine EPL for a total of 18 currently 27 later).

Uber Completionist

4 Spheres with 3 selections each... stackable 3 times...

So yes, total is 36 Epic Past Lives.

Having them all, I can confirm that to you
    Icywave - Orien Server - On life 88 - First Ultimate Completionist - 3x all past life feats- Guild: Intel Rq'd
    Build & Gear: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ast-life-feats

2016 DDO Players Council PsychoBlonde's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gljosh View Post
    Currently 33 Epic Past Lives, soon to be 36 Epic Past Lives. You can have only 4 stances (1 per sphere) active at 1 time, but the passives will all stack (3 PPR per divine EPL for a total of 18 currently 27 later).
    Um, they're adding an extra destiny, not an extra sphere. There are 3 PL already for the divine sphere even though there aren't 3 destinies in the sphere.
    Thelanis player: Lehren (heroic/epic completionist), Kimberlei (heroic/epic completionist), Natheme, Daiahn, Arrekeh

2016 DDO Players Council PsychoBlonde's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainPurge View Post
    What do we know about Arcane Critical stacking 3 times for a total of 9% crit? I haven't seen confirmation on this yet, the text doesn't mention stacking (but could just be missing this additional description...although that would be odd because the rest of the EPL's text do specifically mention stacking 3x. Could be whoever wrote that description wasn't in synch with the rest of the team, but I hesitate to try for more than 1 Arcane Crit EPL until this is answered.) Sorry for the extra long parenthetical phrase.
    They stack. ALL of the abilities stack. The actives stack up to 3 times and the passives stack up to 9 times.
    Thelanis player: Lehren (heroic/epic completionist), Kimberlei (heroic/epic completionist), Natheme, Daiahn, Arrekeh

Uber Completionist

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBlonde View Post
    They stack. ALL of the abilities stack. The actives stack up to 3 times and the passives stack up to 9 times.
    Exactly.
    Icywave - Orien Server - On life 88 - First Ultimate Completionist - 3x all past life feats- Guild: Intel Rq'd

@op

You will pick up 2100 coms per life without any trouble, roughly 1 free hart per 2 lives

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBlonde View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Icywave View Post
    Exactly.
    I understand that is stated, however, is this actualy true, has somone tried to gain more then 9 passive epic past lives in the same spere to confirm this?
    (for example on lamania?)

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Quote Originally Posted by lyrecono View Post
    @op

You will pick up 2100 coms per life without any trouble, roughly 1 free hart per 2 lives
    And you will pick that small amount, only if you run only EH.
    If you're running EEs, you will have 3,5-4k.
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

@op

I understand that is stated, however, is this actualy true, has somone tried to gain more then 9 passive epic past lives in the same spere to confirm this?
    Yes, they stack up to 9 times, I have a guildy that has more money than sense and he has proved it.. ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Philam View Post
    I nominate you as head developer of DDO!
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    That tears it. I need to get a donkey.
    Concentrated power is the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Trillea View Post
    Yes, they stack up to 9 times, I have a guildy that has more money than sense and he has proved it.. ;-)
    cool, good to know

As for the EH/ EE thing.
    I assumed the minimum that he would be able to run/pike

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainPurge View Post
    I agree it's tough to see if Crit Chance is even working. It, among many other things, needs to be listed on a much improved character sheet. That said, I can tell you it seem to me that I crit much more often with 9% more crit. Unfortunately I don't have the time to sit and cast thousands of spells to try to gather data. Varg has mentioned in the past and if I can find the post a bit later will post it here, confirming that Arcane CC does stack 3x. *edit* Found it:

Quote Originally Posted by danotmano1998 View Post
    Related to topic:

Can this be achieved 3 times, thereby giving you a 9% total bonus to the stance?

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    Yes.
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5207661

For me it was the only real decent arcane past life and since I will be going to epic completionist on my caster too, I took them.
    Last edited by Drwaz99; 02-04-2014 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    For me it was the only real decent arcane past life and since I will be going to epic completionist on my caster too, I took them.
    Well aren't you just special.

Uber Completionist

YES, It is true.

I can confirm it to you. As I said earlier, I have gotten all past life feats and it is simply not even possible to select an epic past life if you have already 3 of them. So there is no risk that you would take one you can't get benefits from.

[QUOTE=Drwaz99;5245137]I agree it's tough to see if Crit Chance is even working. It, among many other things, needs to be listed on a much improved character sheet. That said, I can tell you it seem to me that I crit much more often with 9% more crit. Unfortunately I don't have the time to sit and cast thousands of spells to try to gather data. Varg has mentioned in the past and if I can find the post a bit later will post it here, confirming that Arcane CC does stack 3x. *edit* Found it:

Yes as well I join you in documenting it stacks (via testing). I'm just closing the loop since I opened the question on this thread. Very much agree they should add crit % to the character sheets; heck a lot more should also but that is another discussion.
    Cannith: Ortarr (leader of Killer Dwarfs) - Purge Bravely - Drunkungfu Master - Ortarrdo Son of Ortarr - *others*