Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Community Member

Will it be possble to buy shadowfall with tp in store too ?

Similar to a previous poster, I'm hoping they will have a sale on the Shadowfell upgrade. I'm guessing it's best to get the on sale turbine points and buy them with that. Wish I could get that Owlbear - looks nasty.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by RumbIe View Post
    I have a question. I pre-purchased (I know shame on me) the legend.......wait for it.......dary (nailed it!) pack when it first came out. I didn't get the upgrade at the time. Is there any way to now but the upgrade as the sale price?

If not seems like a slap in the face for anyone who shelled out some quid up front. Will be a nice lesson learned to wait next time I guess.
    I would just like to <bump> this with a me too... would be nice if possible.
    -RS

Discerning Gentlerobot Piker Turtlsdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RuneSaint View Post
    I would just like to <bump> this with a me too... would be nice if possible.
    -RS
    Yeah, QMaster any chance those of us that couldn't for whatever reason take advantage of the 11k offer when pre-ordering the expansion (for full price at the time) will be able to purchase it now, even if it would mean calling it in to the sales dept by phone?

EDIT: Answered my own question. It seems you can do it by calling Turbine sales support. As long as the package still exists in their system they can add it but it is subject to change at any moment.
    Last edited by Turtlsdown; 11-27-2013 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Tried to call and see

Quote Originally Posted by bartosy View Post
    Will it be possble to buy shadowfall with tp in store too ?
    It's been in the DDO store since it was first released as far as I know.

Put "shadowfell" into the store search if it doesn't show, it should pop up in the results somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Esmarelda View Post
    Please note that I used the word 'ASSUME'...the points are redeemed through the marketplace in the game, so I am assuming as long as you have a valid code, any account can redeem it.
    I'd be confident in removing the assumption and replacing it with 'most likely'.

While I think the points can only be bought with the expansion pack - The pack and the Points are still treated as two seperate 'products', are listed as two different things on the invoice and can be purchased without any Turbine or DDO Account by anyone with a CC or Paypal.

As far as the Digital River vendor is concerned they're only selling you two long strings of code. They're seperate and can be applied to two different accounts. Sometimes they're given away as prizes and I know people actually buy and trade such codes for in-game items!!
    Karadon: Paladin [5] Mar - Jul 2006 - Aureon [EU] --- Paladin [20] Feb 2010 - June 2012 - Orien --- Paladin [21] June 2012 - July 2013 - Orien [TR1] --- Paladin [20] July 2013 - Present - Orien [TR2]
    Yes this is correct, I played Paladins, even pure Paladins before Update 23!!!

Community Member

Can someone explain me why there is a difference in the price if i see the us english page or the uk one (both prices are in euro).

Quote Originally Posted by Turtlsdown View Post
    Yeah, QMaster any chance those of us that couldn't for whatever reason take advantage of the 11k offer when pre-ordering the expansion (for full price at the time) will be able to purchase it now, even if it would mean calling it in to the sales dept by phone?

EDIT: Answered my own question. It seems you can do it by calling Turbine sales support. As long as the package still exists in their system they can add it but it is subject to change at any moment.
    Thanks for the info. Just so I am sure, if I paid for the expansion when it came out, I can call support and have them give me a code for the legendary upgrade as well as the 11k tp bundle? I understand that they may change this, but as of now is this true?
    Flabby-Flaber-Flabo--Heifer-Oinks

LEGION

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Karadon_II View Post
    It's been in the DDO store since it was first released as far as I know.

Put "shadowfell" into the store search if it doesn't show, it should pop up in the results somewhere.
    yes i know this. What i meant will it be 50% off so instead of 2500 or 2495 tp it will be 1250 .

Ot does disneymone... Eh tp dont count for black friday ?

Quote Originally Posted by bartosy View Post
    yes i know this. What i meant will it be 50% off so instead of 2500 or 2495 tp it will be 1250 .

Ot does disneymone... Eh tp dont count for black friday ?
    Oh sorry I know what you mean now.

I just looked at the in-game DDO Store Price and it's still 2495 for the standard edition so they've not applied any discount to those bundles. I guess they think the Bonus point offer will offset the cost but you'd have to buy one of the higher amount bundle to match the DDO Market price per TP - which would be an insane thing to do.

I don't know if you're US or EU but the DDO Market price in the EU looks like a pretty good deal. I looked at a rough comparison between the price between the DDO Market and the DDO Store but one would have to convert TPs into Euro. This is not a straight conversion because the more Turbine points you buy at once, the more bonus points you recieve, lessening the € price of 1TP.

Depending on taxes and local adjutements right now €29.99 gets you 4400TP at about 146TP/€1 for example so if you wanted to buy Shadowfell Conspiracy in the in-game DDO Store and had no TPs then the €29.99 amount would be needed and you use 2495TP to get the expansion with 1905TP left over. But 2495TPs under that price conversion, is still about €17 worth of points on Shadowfell alone - which is only €13.49 in the DDO Market.

However even more than that - The DDO Market version of the Standard Edition has the Shadowfell adventures, the PDK iconic, a Lesser Epic XP tome for one character per server, a +1 Skill tome for every character you have, an extra character slot and 1000TPs as well. The pack in the DDO Store says it has the adventures and the PDK Iconic but that's all it says so I probably wouldn't even give the DDO Store version a second look now to be honest.
    Karadon: Paladin [5] Mar - Jul 2006 - Aureon [EU] --- Paladin [20] Feb 2010 - June 2012 - Orien --- Paladin [21] June 2012 - July 2013 - Orien [TR1] --- Paladin [20] July 2013 - Present - Orien [TR2]

Semi-related question: Is the Bladeforged iconic acquirable at all for people who didn't pre-order? If it's in the DDO store, I've never seen it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anoregon View Post
    Semi-related question: Is the Bladeforged iconic acquirable at all for people who didn't pre-order? If it's in the DDO store, I've never seen it.
    They're a more recent addition I think. Some of them are popping up in the "featured item" list today. All four Iconics are in the store for 1295TP each.

Quote Originally Posted by Karadon_II View Post
    They're a more recent addition I think. Some of them are popping up in the "featured item" list today. All four Iconics are in the store for 1295TP each.

Ah ok, so I can at least get the CE for $25, use some of the 2000 TP to get bladeforged, and still be in a pretty good spot compared to preordering at full price months ago.

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

Just spent $85 on the Shadowfell Collectors Edition and 11,000 Turbine points. Ouch, serious ouch to my wallet. However I haven't bought any points for a year and a half now and this should keep me stocked up in points for a long long time. Thanks for the sale Turbine, it's appreciated.

Discerning Gentlerobot Piker Turtlsdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vint View Post
    Thanks for the info. Just so I am sure, if I paid for the expansion when it came out, I can call support and have them give me a code for the legendary upgrade as well as the 11k tp bundle? I understand that they may change this, but as of now is this true?
    I just did it today over the phone. They explained the 11k TP would not be subject to a 50% off sale like the xpack but I told them I didn't expect it to be and that wasn't my issue. They then allowed me to purchase the 11k TP for the 59 bucks or whatever it comes to.

EDIT: For good measure I asked if I call back later this day/week/month/etc if I can also add the Legendary pack. The answer was yes, but only as long as the pack is being offered in the system as a separate item (with its own code I assume), and that if this changes at any time they will no longer be able to add it even manually.
    Last edited by Turtlsdown; 11-28-2013 at 12:37 AM. Reason: added Legendary pack info

Default Meh

Meh, not as good as last year's Black Friday Sale:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ber-23-26-Only

So for (Standard) 8.75 I got :
    3 Adventure packs
    1 Raid
    Epic Destinies
    Druid Class
    Challenge Pack
    1 Greater Tome
    1000 TP
    Vet Status