Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default 6 year old birthday cake broken

Trying to turn in my cake for a +2 tome but since this update it fails. The Genie spawns and then vanishes. Anyone figured out a way to get this to work? I know im not the only one who still has this cake

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Got the same problem :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

yep i do too. i tried public and private instance. same result

Community Member

Unhappy

really?

i have more than 10 chars who haven't eaten their cake...

could this be fixed?

give us the opportunity to eat them during the holidays that are coming...
    If i haven't responded to your post, it doesn't necessarily mean that i don't have counter-arguments, it might simply mean that i don't want to keep feeding the trolls.
    Plastic People
    Hey! Hey!

Quote Originally Posted by Grecan View Post
    i have more than 10 chars who haven't eaten their cake...
    The best advice I can give you is to eat them as soon as you get them. Don't assume they will always be functional.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    The Band of Gypsys

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ryiah View Post
    The best advice I can give you is to eat them as soon as you get them. Don't assume they will always be functional.
    Good advice, and i blame only myself and my long absence from the game. But I still wish i could be given some more time so that all my chars can taste their sweetness
    If i haven't responded to your post, it doesn't necessarily mean that i don't have counter-arguments, it might simply mean that i don't want to keep feeding the trolls.
    Plastic People
    Hey! Hey!

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

I saved a couple so I could pop the Djinni out and make people dance.

I assumed Turbine would break the code/deactivate the code at some point. It's not like +2 tomes are hard to find.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

Community Member

I have horded almost all of mine on 2 accounts so i have many still.

Good news i got it to work had to double click the Djin the instant he spawned

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ThaddeusV View Post
    Good news i got it to work had to double click the Djin the instant he spawned
    Couldn't make this happen... although i was trying to do that as fast as possible
    Any ideas..?
    Plastic People
    Hey! Hey!

I did it 2 days ago (on my airship, if that's relevant) to get a +2 CHA tome and it worked fine.

I don't remember if the Djinni spawned or not, but I got the barter window and traded the cake for the tome.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ykt View Post
    I did it 2 days ago (on my airship, if that's relevant) to get a +2 CHA tome and it worked fine.

I don't remember if the Djinni spawned or not, but I got the barter window and traded the cake for the tome.
    Well, this thread was made yesterday. Has anyone had any success more recently?
    Plastic People
    Hey! Hey!

I have the same problem. I tried to get some sp potions.

Community Member

Default Caster level 6?

I have same problem but am trying on a level 4 and the cake says caster level 6. Has anyone tried with someone over 6?

Community Manager

This has been added to the Known Issues. We'll work to get them working again, but it probably won't be able to make it into the next patch. Hopefully it'll make it into the next full update though.

• NEW: Birthday Cakes distributed to characters during previous DDO anniversaries are currently not functioning, but remain in inventory when used. 2008-era Birthday Cakes of Wishes disappear when used, and do not provide their benefit. Characters should continue to hang on to to 2008-era cakes!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

I used the original first year anniversary cake and the Djinni would not recognize me as his master. I sent in a report and received another cake, but the same issue happened again. The mail said that if this did not work, that nothing could be done , so I did not send in another bug report.
    Fellowship of the Bling Ghallanda
    Shado; DareDelvis; Ottis; Hary Darkness; Tortelvis; Mournfist; Maimonides; DareDelviss; Aeteentee; DareSoulvis; Rambam; Jawill; Snakecobra

Honestly, I keep them around now just for the nostalgia - not to use.
    “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    Honestly, I keep them around now just for the nostalgia - not to use.
    Yeah, but I was trying to make inventory space for my 4th account bound level 3 charisma +2 ring...can't have too many of those.
    Fellowship of the Bling Ghallanda
    Shado; DareDelvis; Ottis; Hary Darkness; Tortelvis; Mournfist; Maimonides; DareDelviss; Aeteentee; DareSoulvis; Rambam; Jawill; Snakecobra

Quote Originally Posted by ThaddeusV View Post
    Trying to turn in my cake for a +2 tome but since this update it fails. The Genie spawns and then vanishes. Anyone figured out a way to get this to work? I know im not the only one who still has this cake
    You sure its just not stale?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    This has been added to the Known Issues. We'll work to get them working again <snip>
    Nice, thanks =)

Quote Originally Posted by Emizand View Post
    You sure its just not stale?
    Nah, it's magic cake
    Plastic People
    Hey! Hey!

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    This has been added to the Known Issues. We'll work to get them working again, but it probably won't be able to make it into the next patch. Hopefully it'll make it into the next full update though.

• NEW: Birthday Cakes distributed to characters during previous DDO anniversaries are currently not functioning, but remain in inventory when used. 2008-era Birthday Cakes of Wishes disappear when used, and do not provide their benefit. Characters should continue to hang on to to 2008-era cakes!
    There are much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much more important problems to solve than a few people that don't know better to accept free gifts when they are given to them. If someone offers me a free burger from a restaurant on Tues I don't go back on Fri and throw a fit that I can't get it then.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast