Community Member

Default Urgent Help Required

Hi,

I must say two thing's 1st, hello to all and I'm new to the forum. I am not new to AD&D though. I have had an AD&D account for a while now and have mostly enjoyed the game. I say mostly though because it is the issue that I am currently experiencing that brings me here seeking help.

I'm coming here because I am out of options. I have tried contacting Email support, I was sent an email with a tracker number. Now I have received no response after 24 hours. I have also been to the Twitter support site and was told that my email would be followed through with from the DDO support team but have received no response to my ticket to verify this, nor can I call their only outlet in America becuase I am UK based and international calls would cost a small fortune.

My issue is that i recently purchased 6300 points for £40 through my Steam wallet so that I could purchase some in game account upgrades. The money was taken out of my Steam Wallet and I have electronic proof of that on my game purchases tab in my account settings in Steam. The transaction went through and £40 was taken out of my Steam wallet on the 24th of November 2013, however, no Turbine Point's have been credited to my account and there is no transaction history in my DDO account history. My ticket number is #24001-541062 but no one has responded to it.

I don't know what else to do. I've tried everything that I can think of to get support and feel like I have gotten no where. I am now £40 out of pocket with no Turbine Points.

I was told on twitter that my ticket would be followed through with but I have received no authentication or follow up to demonstrate that this is the case and am now concerned that I am going too lose all of my money and end up with nothing to show for it.

This is an excerpt from the confirmation email that I received from Steam following my purchase of the point's;

"This email message will serve as your receipt. You can also access your Purchase History online at any time.
    6300 Turbine points (11-24-2013)
    39.99 GBP

Total
    39.99 GBP

Payment Info:

Steam Wallet
    39.99 GBP
    Confirmation Number
    Date Confirmed
    Sun Nov 24 11:48:34 2013

All prices include VAT where applicable."

I have yet to receive the point's that I have purchased...

Quote Originally Posted by Dave2004uk View Post
    Hi,

I must say two thing's 1st, hello to all and I'm new to the forum. I am not new to AD&D though. I have had an AD&D account for a while now and have mostly enjoyed the game. I say mostly though because it is the issue that I am currently experiencing that brings me here seeking help.

I'm coming here because I am out of options. I have tried contacting Email support, I was sent an email with a tracker number. Now I have received no response after 24 hours. .....

Email tickets can take up to a week sometimes depending on their backlog.
    Give it some time, or give em a call at their 800 number. (I hear Skype works well for calling from overseas.)
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies ____ Monster Manual

I have no idea about steam wallet purchases of Turbine points; is it possible that you purchased a 6300 TP code and you need to apply the code to your account to get the TP?

I have two DDO accounts. (One is a mule account.) If I did that steam purchase, how would I have told steam which account to give the points to?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    I have no idea about steam wallet purchases of Turbine points; is it possible that you purchased a 6300 TP code and you need to apply the code to your account to get the TP?

I have two DDO accounts. (One is a mule account.) If I did that steam purchase, how would I have told steam which account to give the points to?
    No, it's not. The money is taken out of your wallet and used to purchase the point's instead of a credit card. The only codes that I am aware of are codes that give you access to bundles/expansion packs. I have used the method of purchasing TB point's via my Steam Wallet several times. This is the only time that I have had an issue using that method. Depending on the outcome of my issue here, it will be the last time also. I can't afford to keep taking the risk of losing money from my Steam Wallet if there is a chance that I am going to lose the money from my wallet and have nothing to show for it. I won't do it again if there is a possibility of that recurring.

Coincidentally on that night, the 24th of November, the DDO Store went down for a while. I could not purchase anything and it's still not working now. I can't purchase point's via my Steam Wallet.

What worries me is that my £40 has been taken out of my Steam wallet and it is recorded in my Steam purchase history but there is no recorded history inside DDO of the transaction taking place and like I said, the point's that I purchased have not been added but £40 has been deducted from my Steam Wallet.
    Last edited by Dave2004uk; 11-25-2013 at 07:20 PM.

Community Member

Your thread reminded me of this thread... https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-being-ignored
    The OP didn't make another post there, so it was probably resolved for him.
    I hope it gets soon resolved for you, too
    Last edited by Grecan; 11-25-2013 at 09:56 PM.
    If i haven't responded to your post, it doesn't necessarily mean that i don't have counter-arguments, it might simply mean that i don't want to keep feeding the trolls.
    Plastic People
    Hey! Hey!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grecan View Post
    Your thread reminded me of this thread... https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-being-ignored
    The OP didn't make another post there, so it was probably resolved for him.
    I hope it gets soon resolved for you, too
    The issues have been resolved thanks to the efficiency of the DDO Support team. The only criticism that I have is that I was going to buy an Otto's Epic box lol, but by the time the issue was resolved, the box had been taken off sale. Mind you, it's very nature is play to win anyway. I can make those XP up in a night or two, especially with the new content added with the Shadowfell Conspiracy expansion pack. I just bought a few account upgrades instead. Tomes of Greater Learning, Shared Bank Access to plat and gear, some low level adventure packs just in case I wanted to start a low lvl toon, a few Astral Shards which I mainly used to get the XP off the rolls rather than the gear, you know, the usual sort of thing. My DDO account has been fully upgraded now anyway, that's my main point. That's what I intended to do when I 1st set off and it's done. Shared bank access, all expansions, all high level quest arcs etc...

I figured that a year long sub would cost £99, enough Turbine Points to upgrade the account fully would only cost £20 more than that and I can play whenever I feel like it without having to have a sub, so that's what I did. Don't need to sub again now. To put that into perspective with other MMO's, Warcraft has cost me double that before now, since I had an account that I kept open with them for over 2 years.

Started a Warforged Artificer self healing, trap disarming Tank last night. I don't think people realize how awesome WF/Arti's are in close combat dual wielding instead of Runearm/repeater lol. He's quite a bad ass :P.

Anyway, the issue is resolved and my thanks go to the DDO Support Team. This thread can be closed now if the mod wishes it to be .
    Last edited by Dave2004uk; 11-26-2013 at 03:04 PM.

Community Member

Glad to see this resolved

my only "criticism" is that maybe you should have waited just a few days for the holiday (Thanksgiving) discounts
    keep that in mind next time, if you're interested in spending a bit less
    If i haven't responded to your post, it doesn't necessarily mean that i don't have counter-arguments, it might simply mean that i don't want to keep feeding the trolls.
    Plastic People
    Hey! Hey!