Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Might as well ask, as it is a legit-ish question.

So, if I understand all of you correctly:

Someone said that you can change the first level of any Iconic race with a +1LR stone.

Just to be absolutely sure, I would be able to do this by Iconic TRing into the (let's say toasterforged), then before I take another level thanks to the Lord of Toasters I instead go to the TR/LR/ETR/ITR guy, hand him my stone and do that? Is there a time limit I have to put up with?

I wouldn't mind a pretty detailed description of what to do here. I don't plan on doing anything with my main for a while, but it would be nice to know exactly what I would need to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmanis View Post
    So, if I understand all of you correctly:

Someone said that you can change the first level of any Iconic race with a +1LR stone.

Just to be absolutely sure, I would be able to do this by Iconic TRing into the (let's say toasterforged), then before I take another level thanks to the Lord of Toasters I instead go to the TR/LR/ETR/ITR guy, hand him my stone and do that? Is there a time limit I have to put up with?

I wouldn't mind a pretty detailed description of what to do here. I don't plan on doing anything with my main for a while, but it would be nice to know exactly what I would need to do.
    Once you TR into the bladeforged, you have to level all the way to 15, so, first level is forced, then do 2-15 at whatever you want it to be. Then LR +1 out of the paladin level.
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

Well, yes you can change use and LR+1 to remove the initial Class level.

However, you don't Iconic TR into an Iconic.

If you are currently a non-Iconic you can use a Heroic Reincarnation and choose any of the Iconics in place of choosing a race and class.

Once you are on an Iconic path you will have these following options...

At Level 28 you can Epic Reincarnate back to Level 20 - Gain Epic PL ability
    At Level 28 you can Iconic Reincarnate back to Level 1 (to a Non-Iconic) or Level 15 (to an Iconic) - Gain would be an Iconic PL as well as your Class PL ability

Quote Originally Posted by Shorlong View Post
    Once you TR into the bladeforged, you have to level all the way to 15, so, first level is forced, then do 2-15 at whatever you want it to be. Then LR +1 out of the paladin level.
    Ah ok. So what you're saying is if I wanted to be a rogue/fighter/monk with a little heal button, I would start off as pally, do the rest how I want, then go and lr again to turn that pally into a monk. Seems fairly simple. Does the normal TR timer make you have to wait a week though to do this?

All TR types have a different timer, so you could do an Epic TR and Follow that up with a Heroic TR and then to a LR+1 one right after each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoach View Post
    All TR types have a different timer, so you could do an Epic TR and Follow that up with a Heroic TR and then to a LR+1 one right after each other.
    are you sure bout this?

i thought they changed that with u20

and all timers are teh same now

hob
    main toons: hauteur(silly caster) Sttomper (silly barbarian)-jammiee (Silly paladin)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    You are still completely free to run around like a jackrabbit on caffeine.
    quem deus vult perdere, dementat prius

Enoach is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmanis View Post
    Ah ok. So what you're saying is if I wanted to be a rogue/fighter/monk with a little heal button, I would start off as pally, do the rest how I want, then go and lr again to turn that pally into a monk. Seems fairly simple. Does the normal TR timer make you have to wait a week though to do this?
    remember you can't have more than 3 classes at any time so that pally level is going to keep you from having the 3 you want unless you only want one level of something
    "Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand"-Kurt Vonnegut

True Reincarnations, which includes Heroic and Iconic, are on the same shared timer.
    Lesser Reincarnation has its own timer.
    Epic Reincarnation has its own timer.

Quote Originally Posted by Battery View Post
    remember you can't have more than 3 classes at any time so that pally level is going to keep you from having the 3 you want unless you only want one level of something
    not quite.

say you wanted your final build to be 12 ftr, 2 rogue, 6 monk (purely for example purposes)

you are foced to take 1st level as Pally. you could then take levels 2-13 as FTR, 14 and 15 as Rogue, then LR+1 out the Pally level as a Monk level and level from 15-20 taking monk levels for a final split of 12/6/2
    The Funniest Thing I've Ever Read
    Toons: Twengor (pal), Margween (Bard/FTR/Rogue), Nestrana (wiz), Ammerlyn (Arti), Ostarin (Monk) on Cannith

Its a good idea to completely shut the game down after each and every reincarnate, to prevent possible bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorlong View Post
    So turning a toasterforged into a barbarian would be a freaking nightmare...

/cries

I swear turbine's vision and my vision are about as opposite as they get...

no kobolds as a player race.
    no cats as pets for artis or druids
    no barbarian self-healing bladeforged...

I need to move someplace where I can get decent pen and paper action with a friendly sandbox GM
    Official Wearer of Purple Proud Member of Renowned Not Afraid to PUG
    Main: Janisis - Completionist currently Shiradi Tank. Alts: Janarch: Someday Divine Archer, Byeshk: Someday Swashbuckle Thrower (or not - alt damage interrupts daze effects )
    Long Live Cult of the Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeus451 View Post
    not quite.

say you wanted your final build to be 12 ftr, 2 rogue, 6 monk (purely for example purposes)

you are foced to take 1st level as Pally. you could then take levels 2-13 as FTR, 14 and 15 as Rogue, then LR+1 out the Pally level as a Monk level and level from 15-20 taking monk levels for a final split of 12/6/2
    thats true I was half asleep lol
    "Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand"-Kurt Vonnegut

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Enoach View Post
    you can do this,.. however it would be safer to wait a little bit in between each, at least long enough to allow the database to do a backup and save your character, or force a save by running a quest in between... you don't want to end up like a few other people that have lost all favor/destiny xp/ fate points etc... recent thread on that issue here https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ere-do-I-begin

it doesn't take long to run most of the quests in the harbor,.. and you would be safe to consider taking the time to run something in between each reincarnation... haverdasher can be ran in about 1 minute or less.

Quote Originally Posted by Janisis View Post

/cries

I need to move someplace where I can get decent pen and paper action with a friendly sandbox GM
    Not a nightmare if you saved your +20 heart. Just do 1 pally and 14 fighter. Then LR+1 to 15 fighter. Then change alignment (495 TP). Then use the +20 LR heart (3 day timer because of +1 heart) to get the barb levels you want (15 or some split). I have done this on my character Eileenia and I love the selfhealing even though the Reconstruct doesnt work while raged.

This would also work with for example a Bladeforged bard.
    Member and owner of "The Mad Midgets" of Khyber.
    Characters; Skrangle, Eileenia, Thyrantraxus, Clonkstar, Eilert, Nidvisa, Sellyse, Lobotobias, Crimsoneye, Whimpsy, Meeep, Maszter, Andromansis etc

Don't forget that you need to switch alignments to go from Pally to Barbarian witch adds even more cost to the idea....
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

Quote Originally Posted by Atremus View Post
    Don't forget that you need to switch alignments to go from Pally to Barbarian witch adds even more cost to the idea....
    Very true.

While I like iconics and think they are cool and good for the game, it always bothers me that most of them just seem to be the wrong class. BF is made even worse by the alignment restriction.
    Someone got it wrong. Everyone expected the Spanish Inquisition because they were required to give 30 days notice, by law.
    I can be found on Orien. My more active toons are Cilon, Solstone in Your Pack, and sometimes Acroyer.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSpacePony View Post
    Very true.

While I like iconics and think they are cool and good for the game, it always bothers me that most of them just seem to be the wrong class. BF is made even worse by the alignment restriction.
    Sun elf is the only one I have a huge problem with. Sun elves are not iconically clerics, they are almost ALL wizards.

I wish, furthermore, that the iconic level did not have to be level 1, just so that you had to have it by 15. The thing that keeps me from going PDK is that I want to do rogue/fighter/bard.... but fighter at level 1 really messes it up, and I'm not spending an LR+1 to move a rogue level, that's a waste of money.

/cries

I think it would be impossible since a Baldeforged would be Lawful and barb would be chaotic.

Community Member Avenging_Angel's Avatar

[...]
    That's because you want to play the exception. A good DM won't always allow you to play something that doesn't make sense just because you want it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonulino View Post
    No matter what you post, there is always someone who responds with something like "Unless you are gimped, you should be able to do this with your eyes closed and one hand tied behind your back." It gets a little tiresome.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast