Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carkolda View Post
    Since April 2010, I've spent a total of $180 and I have every quest pack in the game, 9 character slots, and numerous other account- and character-based upgrades. The only things I DON'T own are half-breeds and bladeforged. That turns out to be around $4.25 a month I've spent on the game. So I've definitely saved money buying the content instead of renting it.

That being said, VIP's are the source of income that Turbine has the ability to count on. Premiums, like myself, frequently don't spend money consistently; VIP's provide steady revenue for the game. So, despite never being a VIP myself, I've always thought VIP's should get special treatment. They are the committed players that spend money routinely every month for one reason or another. Do I think Premiums should get some love? Yeah. But we shouldn't be badmouthing VIP's; they put out more money than we do, and they provide consistent income for Turbine. If anything, they need more love to encourage people to be VIP.

You know what was the first thing I thought of when I read this? "I wonder if I should do a 1-month VIP subscription so I can get my Epic Hearts." I didn't get butthurt over the fact that VIP's were getting something special. Neither should anyone else.

Turbine, well-done on the timing and marketing of the VIP. Make it more robust, and you might see move VIP's crop up. Now if only you could do something about dedicating an update to nothing but bug fixing. Then you'd have a really happy client base.
    I'm premium, too, and totally agree with this post.

Non-vips who are interested in this gift can simply sub for at least a month, as i understand.
    I would do that if i thought i'd have more than 2 chars >= lvl 20 before this offer expires.
    If i haven't responded to your post, it doesn't necessarily mean that i don't have counter-arguments, it might simply mean that i don't want to keep feeding the trolls.
    Plastic People
    Hey! Hey!

OurDDO
    Flower Sniffer Extraordinaire
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council

Thumbs up My paladin just squee'd.

While I have no trouble expressing myself when Turbine does something that irritates me, this is definitely not one of those times. So I'll be one of the "lazy" VIPs and NOT jump on the bandwagon of, "Damn Turbine, they did something nice but it's not nice enough for me, so clearly they suck!"

I currently have eight epic-level toons and at least six more who will probably get there by Jan. 12. One of them in particular is diligently farming Commendations of Valor because she really wants to epic reincarnate in the near future.

So Turbine - THANK YOU! Even, Acanthia, Jall, Vic, Dissy, Meren, Chalei and Tirae appreciate the free hearts, and if Winnie, Zak, Ivy, Riva, Sere and Thangie get to 20 in time, they'll be thankful as well.
    ~* Even's DDO blog | Twitch | OurDDO | Twitter *~

Getting lost, lagging behind, and wiping parties since 2010.

Thelanis:
    Evennote
    | Acanthia | Jalliria | Victaurya
    Discordette | Merenwynne | Chalei | Seregeth
    Rivalel | Thangerie | Winnabette | Chartreusia
    Laegonn | Zinmazi | Niituna | Trici
    ... and too many others to count.

As a premium player I will probably become a subscriber for a month because my main will probably hit 20 next month and this is too good a deal to pass up. That said, whenever the good folks at Turbine announce they're giving something special to VIP I always read in parentheses: and eff you premium players. Maybe VIP players do deserve all the special goodies but why does Turbine never extend its promotional generosity to the premium players who also enhance their revenue stream? It's mildly insulting to say the very least if not ultimately a deal breaker.

Community Member

They oughta extend this to the many players who have decided to bypass VIP and buy all content for the game. Players who have spent say 40-50k TP or more over the many loyal years lol

Community Member

Default play happy

Thank you Turbine! I have several toons that are 16th level or greater. What a great incentive to knock out the last few levels!

I choose to continue to play this game in the manner that makes me happy. (bill pay selection, account type, and points purchased)

My hope for other people is that they also use the availability and opportunity offered to them to make the choice they need to make so they can be happy also.

Happy players make for better adventuring parties!

Be well,
    Bart

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by twindaddy53 View Post
    from a person that used to be vip but I have bought enough packs,, race,s classes, and tp codes that being vip is a waste of time and money that all my toons are ledgend builds. Yet people that are the same as me get screwed like this cause we have to farm out 4200 CoV.This is just BS so what VIP get more characterslot can open leet on first life toons get extra quest xp and 500 tp a month. They still have to buy expansioins. People like me that have spent a lot of money to aquire enough tp that make VIP usless. Premuim players help keep the game going to but we get no love from turbine.
    Make VIP useless? You might want to read the OP post again. VIP is far from useless.

Also, VIPs provide Turbine with a steady revenue stream versus a premium's sporadic revenue stream. There is a difference, and Turbine probably prefers the former. VIPs keep the game going just as much as premiums, I'm sure.

Free raid boxes, free hearts, I'm feeling the love. Thanks Turbine!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucarr View Post
    They oughta extend this to the many players who have decided to bypass VIP and buy all content for the game. Players who have spent say 40-50k TP or more over the many loyal years lol
    They did by giving everyone notice that if they a one-month VIP pass they get the same benefits that year-round subscribers get.

They could have just handed them out as a thank-you to VIPs, but instead you and others get a chance. If people bought that much in TP the cost of the one-month VIP is minimal.

I've had some anti-turbine posts in my time, but this is a fine step in the right direction towards making up for some pretty big snafu's. Anyone who has complaints for a no-negatives change/bonus can go suck on a lemon, quit looking at the gift horse's mouth. For those premium players hating VIP, pretend you're getting maximum value for a $15 purchase (the current cost of an epic heart or thereabouts), every one past 1 is a bonus.
    Lich - Lichclaw - Lichdust - Lichfate - Lichgaze - Lichrot - Lichsoul - Lichvault
    Ghallanda ReRolled
    DDOCast Contributor http://www.ddocast.com/
    http://www.twitch.tv/g_lich

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

What happens when I ETR and all my favor, EDs, and some of my items go bye bye?
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    By the way, I should mention that I approve of the VIP handout. I think that VIPs absolutely deserve to have a nice perk or three like this. I'd just like the problems with reincarnation to be fixed (possibly by taking a snapshot of each character before they TR/ETR/IconicTR/etc so that they can be fixed if the TR goes horribly wrong).
    And that is beautiful
    And that is beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    do what im doing and wait until its fixed, just like all the other reincarnation bugs we have had for the past year.
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

You are the one choosing not to play alts.

Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

from a person that used to be vip but I have bought enough packs,, race,s classes, and tp codes that being vip is a waste of time and money that all my toons are ledgend builds. Yet people that are the same as me get screwed like this cause we have to farm out 4200 CoV.This is just BS so what VIP get more characterslot can open leet on first life toons get extra quest xp and 500 tp a month. They still have to buy expansioins. People like me that have spent a lot of money to aquire enough tp that make VIP usless. Premuim players help keep the game going to but we get no love from turbine.
    I don't see the problem with this free heart event.

You pay $10 you get 5-10 hearts + 500TP and the other VIP perks.

Community Member darkly_dreaming's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    If I were to go VIP, I would NOT have a recurring payment. Instead I would spend a single $100 lump sum in the DDO Market to get a full year VIP.

This is why the argument that VIP is reliable, steady income isn't compelling.
    Business accounting is all about budgets and projections. It doesn't matter how VIP's purchase their subscriptions, the number of subscriptions are used to project average income over a period of time. So it doesn't matter if they pay monthly or for a full year, it's averaged and projected out to give an average reliable income.

Purchases from Premium players can also be averaged and projected but in general do not follow as reliable and predictable a schedule as VIP, with major peaks and valleys depending on content release and promotions like double bonus points. Thus the value of VIP accounts to the company.
    Goddess, you know it baybee!
    Zealotry ~ Zealot ~ Zeal ~ Chanteuse : +5 to Sexterity, Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by Bromuro View Post
    P.S: Besides Zealotry's voice is charming/mesmerizing and i bet she is a witch or a succubus disguised.

Please enlighten me... I fail to comprehend how one gets "screwed" by this. I mean, you're not VIP... Is that Turbine's fault? It seems to me that you've chosen to not be VIP. You know VIPs get more benefits, just for being VIP, yet you choose to be Premium. I totally get that choice if you're in a bad financial situation (as so many of us are these days) but unless you work for Turbine, I still don't see that being their fault. Basically, what you appear to be saying here is something along the lines of, "Best Buy is having a gaming PC give away, but I can't go because Family Guy is on, so they screwed me."

Pardon the chaos... First cup of coffee...

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    do what im doing and wait until its fixed, just like all the other reincarnation bugs we have had for the past year.
    Well, since this particular bug has been around for as long as TRing has been around, I'm not expecting it to be fixed soon.

Still, a toaster can hope.
    And that is beautiful
    And that is beautiful

Hero
    Knight of Movember
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Jasparion View Post
    A free gift to VIPs is nice. But not when its a slap in the face to Premium players who have spent a lot of money on the game
    Seriously, these boards talk about how Turbine needs to make $ all the time and now when they offer up something good enough to entice people into ViP, some want to claim they are slapping Premiums in the face? Well, hey *slap in the face* that is what a good businesses will do when trying to increase revenue.

I expect Turbine to do everything in its power to entice people to switch from Premium to ViP AND still buy more TPs. That IS the goal. They only thing is Turbine did it so a**-backwards for years that when they are doing it right, people get upset.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    Providing some sort of loyality, called in D&Dish fashion, is 100 times better than giving various so called free things to part of people that paid $15 and may, or may not, pay it again in month.
    I suggested loyalty program in 2009, shortly after the Store was launched. WB had a prgram for a while but scrapped it. I believe, without any official statement, that it is difficult for Turbine to do this without a whole lot of WB involvement in a company wide program.

Quote Originally Posted by SirShen View Post
    If you have more then 2 character that are level 20 its worth going VIP for just one month.
    Sucked me back in as I recently posted about. *shrug* You lose nothing - go back to Premium anytime - you haven't "lost" your prior purchases. I need some cheese for all the Premium Whine in this thread. 1 month is $15, 3 for $27. Seriously, for all the "I spend more on DDO than you" comments, this is a non-issue. Not only is Turbine giving a deal - they are giving everyone plenty of time to make a choice to participate at a reasonable cost of your own choosing.
    The evolution of DDO: Stormreach to Eberron Unlimited to Dungeons & Dragons Online
    -1- -2- -3- -4- -5- -6- -7- -8- -9- -10 - -11- -12!! years & still spawning kobolds
    From Turbine to SSG, who are the devs anyway? DDO Peeps Tracker

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeNoctu View Post
    Please enlighten me... I fail to comprehend how one gets "screwed" by this.
    No one gets screwed by giving VIPs "free" epic hearts of wood. The in-game cost for epic hearts of wood still sucks. People are absoultely getting screwed on that issue. But no one is getting screwed by the "free" epic hearts of wood giveaway.
    And that is beautiful
    And that is beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    It's going to be an epic holiday season for our VIPs this December! Starting on December 12th, if your account is VIP, any of your characters that are at least level 20 will get a free Epic Heart of Wood! This offer is good through January 12th, and any VIP characters are eligible to receive the free Epic Heart so long as they are at least level 20.

Frequently Asked Questions:

How is the free Epic Heart delivered?

If you're a VIP, your level 20+ characters will receive the Epic Heart upon login in their inventory automatically. Note that if you reach level 20 after December 12th, the Epic Heart will be delivered upon your next login. So you may need to log out and back in before the Epic Heart will appear in your inventory if you want to claim it right away during the same play session. If you do not log the character in between Dec 12th - Jan 12th, it won't receive the free Epic Heart.

I have some characters that aren't 20 yet, and I don't think I can get them to level 20 by Dec 12th, what should I do?

Even if your character reaches level 20 after the 12th of December, they'll still be able to get the free Epic Heart any time between Dec 12th and Jan 12th. Remember, the free Heart will appear in inventory upon your next login, so once you reach level 20 you need to log out and then log back in for the Epic Heart to appear in character inventory.

I'm a VIP, how many of my level 20+ characters can get a free Epic Heart?

All of them! As long as your character is at least level 20, they can receive the free Epic Heart. That also means any of your other characters that reach level 20 by January 12th will receive one too (remember to log out/back in once you level to 20)!

I'm not a VIP, is it too late to become one to get some free Epic Hearts?

It's not too late - as long as you become VIP between December 12th and January 12th you're eligible. Click here to learn how to upgrade to VIP!

Are the Epic Hearts bound in any way?

These free Epic Hearts of Wood are bound to character.

I was level 20, but I did a Heroic True Reincarnation before the event started and now I'm level 1 again. Can my character still get a free Epic Heart as long as I get back up to level 20?

Whether it's your first life or your 40th, your character can get a free Epic Heart once they reach level 20 between Dec 12th and Jan 12th. Your character can only get 1 free Epic Heart ever, but it doesn't matter which life that happens during.

I'm really good at leveling fast! If my character reaches level 20 and then heroic true reincarnates, can they get another free Epic Heart if I reach level 20 again?

Each character can only get the free Epic Heart once ever. Once they get the free Epic Heart, they won't receive additional ones on subsequent lives.

This is a question from the future! Imagine that it's January 13th and I’m a VIP, but I forgot to log in one of my old level 20 characters between Dec 12th and Jan 12th. Will they still get the free Epic Heart if I log them in after Jan 12th?

Your level 20+ character must log in at some point between Dec 12th and Jan 12th. Logging the character in after January 12th will not grant the free Epic Heart. So if you have any level 20 characters be sure to log them in between Dec 12th and Jan 12th to get the free Epic Heart of Wood!

Also if your character reaches level 20, but you don’t log in again until after Jan 12th, you’ll not receive the free Epic Heart. Make sure you log the character in again between Dec 12th and Jan 12th to receive the free Epic Heart!

Thanks for being a VIP!
    Thanks for this!!

Awesome news, Tolero! Be sure to thank the producers for me. This is a total win moment for Turbine. Just make sure we VIPs actually get our hearts, and that in the likely event that a number of folks do NOT receive their hearts (I'm not naive; these types of things always come with bugs), ensure GMs are equipped with the tools to assist players who qualify during the period. I've had a mixed bag of GM assistance on a variety of issues, sometimes the exact same issue. They either are not trained well enough in the tools available to them, or not incentivized enough; IMHO GMs should receive better training AND better incentives. Please pass that along to your producers as well. Otherwise, what began as seemingly great news could turn into disappointment and outrage for a large number of players.

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    didn't we have several premium vs vip the past few weeks already?

if you want the vip perks than go vip. it was your choice to just buy what you wanted, pick and choose, without perks.
    Yes we did, and yes, some folk are still crying about it

Me? I'm very happy that Turbine have come up with this small, unsolicited gift. Makes me want to stay ViP......

(hmmm..shurely not their sole motivation?.....nods...)

signed

(a grateful sucker)
    "IM-PLO-SION: For when you just HAVE to kill every M**********R in the room"-
    (Samuel L Jackson)

"Some are insane, and the're in charge"
    (GoF)

Sarlona: Mercilless, Maliciouss, Relenttless. Plus others.....

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast