Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Any advice on my current epic destiny feat choices? Should I change them or something?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ralmeth View Post
    Before providing advice, what content do you plan on running? Are you looking for epic elite, or epic hard? Some other initial thoughts I have based on your post:

Stats
    NO! Do not put points into wisdom. That is the worst place to put your points. If you want to start str, con and charisma at 16 that works, but I recommend starting intelligence at 12-14 for more skill points. That way you can keep heal, concentration & intimidate maxed. Extra points should go to balance at low levels, jump & a couple to tumble later on, and when your int tome kicks in you can work on UMD. 2 points to dex will be more useful than 2 points to wisdom. Also, using an epic feat on a stat point is pretty much a waste. Instead, use an enhancement, or even buy a tome, to even out at a stat.

Pure vs. Splash
    Because of the recent enhancement pass, splashing your Paladin is better than going pure. That's because the Paladin capstones are not that great, and splashing at least 2 levels into something else is much better. IMHO, the two best splash options on a character like you're describing is either 2 Fighter or 2-3 Fighter/2 Monk. If you want to fight with Bastard Swords (I don't, but some people do), then you need the full THF line to make it worth it, so the splash will get you those feats and also gives you tower shield for free.

Epic Destiny
    Legendary Dreadnaught is much better than Unyielding Sentinel in general, unless you're in a really nasty quest where you have fellow party members with you to kill the bad guys while you try to take and survive the aggro.
    You need to put 2 points into Wisdom in Character creation so that with a +4 tome you can cast any spell without gear and/or owl potions. This is imperative so you can focus on more important things than wisdom with your gear. Read start with 10 Wisdom and get a +4 tome so you never have to focus on Wisdom ever again. Also note that Wisdom is not a complete loss of points as Will saves do become important. Also Dexterity is only useful for max dex bonus on your armor and reflex saves, that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Irenae View Post
    You need to put 2 points into Wisdom in Character creation so that with a +4 tome you can cast any spell without gear and/or owl potions. This is imperative so you can focus on more important things than wisdom with your gear. Read start with 10 Wisdom and get a +4 tome so you never have to focus on Wisdom ever again. Also note that Wisdom is not a complete loss of points as Will saves do become important. Also Dexterity is only useful for max dex bonus on your armor and reflex saves, that's it.
    Wisdom is a dump stat for paladins. I wouldn't put any points into wisdom at all.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Irenae View Post
    You need to put 2 points into Wisdom in Character creation so that with a +4 tome you can cast any spell without gear and/or owl potions. This is imperative so you can focus on more important things than wisdom with your gear. Read start with 10 Wisdom and get a +4 tome so you never have to focus on Wisdom ever again. Also note that Wisdom is not a complete loss of points as Will saves do become important.
    Are you just running around casting Thread Necro on every pally thread you can find? This is like the fifth thread you've rezzed. It's good to see there are still pally fans out there, but geez, pace yourself, bro (or sis)!

In any case, as long as we're wishing on the Tome Fairy, why don't you just presume a +5 WIS tome and start WIS 9? Then you only squander a pt on WIS (or 3 pts if WF/BF). Also, if you really care about Will saves, it makes more sense to take FoP on a pally than invest in WIS.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123