How about:
    'Never split the party'
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

Quote Originally Posted by bartharok View Post
    Or even, full group, stay together.
    This right here is the genius answer.

But OP, especially because of your rather insulting and awful "I am better than them" attitude, you might want to embrace a simple fact about ANY cooperative/mmo/multiplayer game.
    There will STILL be those that don't read. Or are trying to troll you for funsies.

Posting all the descriptions in the world will not guarantee that you will never meet a zerger or a divine that won't heal and assume you BYOH. So learn to chillax. It's a game. It's not the end of the world if someone drops cause you tell them what you want. Also I suggest you include "divines are expected to heal". I don't know how many divines you will get so be prepared to either be a healer yourself or provide a hire.

---
    As to everyone else about divines and not healing... I've always healed, I've just always been beyond miffed when even the ultimate zerg-byoh-monk/caster turned into a whiny baby and completely incapable of watching what the heck they are doing just because I was on a divine life. Leveling my arti and sorcerer was EXTREMELY different than my FvS' 2 lives. And those were people I knew that would have told you to BYOH and **** if you wanted heals during their divine lives.
    You cannot force people to play how you want them to play. I would never join a group that wanted a healer for quests because usually that has ended up with horrible blame games and a frustrating experience of babysitting mana sponges.

I don't care that the current game down-graded divine power in EE quests. I was always a DPS and healer in raids with zero complaints, I did it on all my characters, even the sorcerer raised and healed in raids... But reducing divine power for EE didn't suddenly make me into a healbot, I just didn't run my FvS in those. You cannot force people to become your nanny, people just play less, pug less, log less.

We can think all we want about what people should or should not do, but it's a waste of time and energy to try to enforce it and even bigger waste of energy to try to make people feel BAD about what they like or don't like to do. It's a game.

I played a FvS and an artificer and a pale-master and a human sorcerer because I wanted to BYODPS and BYOH. Cause I don't want to wait around for someone else to enable my game-play. And I leveled an artificer to cap first because I wanted to Bring My Own Kitchen-sink.

New tagline... Be responsible for your own gameplay. Which implies stop trying to control everyone. The OP sounds as infuriatingly elitist as those people I know who would yell for 5 minutes cause the rogue died in the trap. 10% is the end of the world, but apparently so is meeting random crappy people when choosing to party with random people.
    Toons on Orien:
    Daemonav Atreides: WF artificer (TR 2/14)////Irullan Atreides: human FvS (TR 2/?!?)////Lorrellei Atreides: human ice/acid sorcerer////Aliademon Atreides: elf PM necro/enchant wizzie (TR 2/8)

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Tummada View Post
    I noticed an LFM the other night posting BYOH in the LFM and both participants where CLERICS!!!!!!
    And?

Quote Originally Posted by Tummada View Post
    All these freaking acronyms are making my head hurt! How about groups w/o clerics or a healer, BYOH and groups w/are NOT-BYOH!?
    I noticed an LFM the other night posting BYOH in the LFM and both participants where CLERICS!!!!!! A black eye for all clerics if you ask me!
    Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    And?
    And that is the same thing as having a sorcerer or artificer in your party saying "I will not buff you". Or a Cleric / Fav Soul saying "I will not ress you".

DDO as a MMORPG. Where the R means Roleplay. Roleplay means everybody has a role. If I pick a healer class, I will heal. If I pick a paladin or fighter class, I will tank. If I pick a caster class, I will buff and damage the party's enemies. And so on. Period.

What people started to do long ago, was creating self-suficient toons that spend the time grinding and running. By all means, do what you like, each one has their own goals in life (even the "game" life, thats ok). But if you end up in a party to complete a quest where multiple players are needed, then at least be cordial and don't let your comrades down... I mean, if you have the heal spells, why be a jack-*** and don't help the others?
    [Ghallanda]
    [Nemessi sorcerer][Helenya cleric][Riita cleric][Myrhea artificer][Shunrei monk][Sverlana rogue][Lillyannn paladin]

Welcome to The Babysitters Club lol.

Quote Originally Posted by msdesign View Post
    And that is the same thing as having a sorcerer or artificer in your party saying "I will not buff you". Or a Cleric / Fav Soul saying "I will not ress you".
    No.

DDO as a MMORPG. Where the R means Roleplay. Roleplay means everybody has a role. If I pick a healer class, I will heal. If I pick a paladin or fighter class, I will tank. If I pick a caster class, I will buff and damage the party's enemies. And so on. Period.
    No. See you just took "roleplay" and decided how someone else needs to play their character. That's not roleplay. That's your-play.

It's saying "I'm a warpriest" or "I'm a priest of the god of nature and all my cures are replaced by spontaneous summon nature's ally" or "dude, like, I may not be behind you waiting for your red bar to drop ... I might be doing something else".
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

OP, how is your story any different than a flower sniffer that joins a Zerg run and then complains when they are booted? Many formites are very hypocritical when it comes to this subject. To hell with puggers. If they join my Zerg will picking their noes, why should anyone care if a zerger joins a slow run?
    Flabby-Flaber-Flabo--Heifer-Oinks

LEGION

Quote Originally Posted by Vint View Post
    To hell with puggers. If they join my Zerg will picking their noes, why should anyone care if a zerger joins a slow run?
    A flower-sniffer in your zerg run doesn't ruin your fun.

A zerger ruins the flower-sniffer's run.

Nobodies play-style is superior, it's a game.

So just be happy and hjeal meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    A flower-sniffer in your zerg run doesn't ruin your fun.

A zerger ruins the flower-sniffer's run.

Nobodies play-style is superior, it's a game.

So just be happy and hjeal meh.
    How DARE you not troll!
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

Quote Originally Posted by bartharok View Post
    How DARE you not troll!
    I'm making up for it in the other thread.

I just have a soft-spot for flower-sniffers and am envious of them. The game was more fun when it was new and each quest was a discovery. I don't want to ruin that for people.

If you end up in a party to complete a quest where multiple players are needed, then at least be cordial and don't let your comrades down... I mean, if you have the heal spells, why be a jack-*** and don't help the others?
    Ive found the good players who play divines are fine doing a little healing when needed. I think they understand that the greatest contribution they can make to a party includes it. After all, a divine who wont contribute to healing is as bad as a divine who ONLY heals

Quote Originally Posted by kned225 View Post
    Ive found the good players who play divines are fine doing a little healing when needed. I think they understand that the greatest contribution they can make to a party includes it. After all, a divine who wont contribute to healing is as bad as a divine who ONLY heals
    Whenever I'm on my cleric, I try to heal and damage something along the way. But there have been times when the party leader asks if I heal, and I reply "yes, this is mostly a healing toon, not a warpriest or so". Great, they say. And then they even ask me to not to fight, just stay back and heal. I don't mind that; if I'm on my TRd sorc, I don't worry much on healing the others, altough I have ressurrected and healed a few party members on that toon. Its the same principle.

General rule is: respect who has the star, and everything will be fine.
    [Ghallanda]
    [Nemessi sorcerer][Helenya cleric][Riita cleric][Myrhea artificer][Shunrei monk][Sverlana rogue][Lillyannn paladin]

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    I'm making up for it in the other thread.

I just have a soft-spot for flower-sniffers and am envious of them. The game was more fun when it was new and each quest was a discovery. I don't want to ruin that for people.
    All the more reason to put what kind of group it is in the LFM. Being ones own advocate solves most of these issues. Squelch solves the rest of them.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    All the more reason to put what kind of group it is in the LFM. Being ones own advocate solves most of these issues. Squelch solves the rest of them.
    The problem of course is that flower-sniffers and new people will have no idea of any of these "forum" rules. As do most people honestly. I can count the number of people I know who read the forums on one hand. That's why it's best for zergers, BYOHers and so on to make the distinction themselves. BYOH has been the way we label BYOH groups forever. People know to do it. People do not know to put "flower-sniffers" or "you'll be able to pull a hire" because to most people that's just expected and normal behavior.

General rule is: respect who has the star, and everything will be fine.
    Yes

This isn't a vet/newb thing either. I have been running harbor on a TR and jumped into a group with 4 newbies. I'm on a silly shuriken tossing monk build, so mostly I stay with the group and plink plink plink. Other party members are a rogue, a bard (each level 5) and a cleric 3 / wizard 3 (who shows the cleric icon) and seems to be a concept build (he's in zombie form, zapping stuff).

Waterworks, pt1. Rogue is taking some damage, asks for a heal. Cleric/wizard is not nearby. Rogue dies. Bit of a conversation (which I stay the heck out of) where the rogue and bard suggest in fairly direct terms that since he has the cleric icon, his responsibility is to make sure people don't die. After this goes on, I point out that he's heavily multiclassed and if we're going to be splitting up he certainly won't be able to help out the other group and ask if folks have healing potions, etc. The heat dies down. They clearly got that idea from somewhere, but neither had been playing long enough to get it from here.

Other MMOs are ruining this game. How the heck do we de-program new players?
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Know it. Need guide.

~Miahoo all around!~

To all my friends: I Troll! Deal with it! You still hate me!

Quote Originally Posted by voodoogroves View Post
    Other MMOs are ruining this game. How the heck do we de-program new players?

The devs need to acknowledge the fact that its a lot harder for new players to catch a heal in pugs than it used to be

Maybe in the character creation tips, instead of pointing out to a new fighter that dex helps ac, point out that an investment in umd may provide some healing/self sufficiency in the long run

Maybe the first harbor npc new players see should be a guy who gives you a voucher for 50 free csw pots, and tells you where the vendor is who sells them, because ive heard new players say they didnt know you could buy better pots.

Hjeal Meh!

Khyber: Evandus, Halfdeadd, Licoricewhip, Sawyn, Elkabongg, Brothanumsi, Soulbro, Cromix.
    And an army of gimp experiments!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by taurean430 View Post
    Hjeal Meh!

To be fair, what else would a divine be doing at that level besides piking?

Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
    To be fair, what else would a divine be doing at that level besides piking?
    In lord's of dust? Are you seriously asking that?

My raid healer kills everything in there in short order for crimminey's sake.

I... I just...

/faint
    Khyber: Evandus, Halfdeadd, Licoricewhip, Sawyn, Elkabongg, Brothanumsi, Soulbro, Cromix.
    And an army of gimp experiments!

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast