Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

The opposite of BYOH

Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
    I'm not sure how to respond to this.... I guess I'm not also sure if this was an EE run or not. I just assumed it was.... Your divine isn't outkilling me in any EE quest. It's also unlikely that it's outkilling me in any epic quest period. If there were five of MEs and one of you, dps would be higher if you were healbotting the five of MEs, and the quest would likely go faster. Of course, I don't actually need you healbotting me, so it's best to just use that sixth spot for another type of me.

My point is I don't know who you're running with, but you shouldn't be outkilling them in a world where all toons are working in optimal manner. In fact, in a world where all toons are working at an optimal manner, it would be better to fill all spots without a divine because they are so weak.

This is possibly the most moronic thing I've ever seen you post. No one, except you has even gone to kill counts. I'll actually count that diversion as proof positive that you have no idea of what it is you speak. The entire point of my post centered around 5 self heal capable guys begging for a divine. For EE Lords of Dust. In content where the dc margin is so low, my raid healer would indeed outkill your dps toon. Not that I would care anyway.

Get off the pipe man.
    Khyber: Evandus, Halfdeadd, Licoricewhip, Sawyn, Elkabongg, Brothanumsi, Soulbro, Cromix.
    And an army of gimp experiments!

Quote Originally Posted by Encair View Post
    Ha Cow I have better one !

Hahaha, nice!

Yeah, you win. But I laughed about that lfm I posted for at the majority of my level 11 bb runs earlier this am!
    Khyber: Evandus, Halfdeadd, Licoricewhip, Sawyn, Elkabongg, Brothanumsi, Soulbro, Cromix.

Quote Originally Posted by Encair View Post
    Ha Cow I have better one !
    Crud, you found me. And all this time I thought I was being discreet . . .

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by taurean430 View Post
    This is possibly the most moronic thing I've ever seen you post. No one, except you has even gone to kill counts. I'll actually count that diversion as proof positive that you have no idea of what it is you speak. The entire point of my post centered around 5 self heal capable guys begging for a divine. For EE Lords of Dust. In content where the dc margin is so low, my raid healer would indeed outkill your dps toon. Not that I would care anyway.

Get off the pipe man.
    Kill count has everything to do with the conversation we're having. In a world where all toons are self healing, if a divine can't outkill a nondivine, then they aren't worth the party spot. And no, your raid healer would not outkill my dps toon.

Kill count has everything to do with the conversation we're having. In a world where all toons are self healing, if a divine can't outkill a nondivine, then they aren't worth the party spot. And no, your raid healer would not outkill my dps toon.
    All I have to say is I now sense much greatness in this thread. If you're auditioning to be one of my minions I have to say the above post is some spectacular trolling.

Carry on.

If all toons are self healing, Einstein, why was that lfm up for over an hour begging for a healer?

*and*

You obviously have no idea what I can do with divine builds. Chai is correct in his assertion regarding divine casting effectiveness dropping off quite a bit in level 24 EE's and up. But you, you make me laugh. Were you on my server I'd consider educating you. But I'd probably be too busy cracking up at your misinformation and erroneous assumptions. Kinda like I'm doing now.

Thanks for that.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Ok, I will from now on do nothing but check which mob got least HP and attack it, stealing other peoples' kills.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    All I have to say is I now sense much greatness in this thread. If you're auditioning to be one of my minions I have to say the above post is some spectacular trolling.

Carry on.
    Indeed.

/popcorn
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Community Member

If all toons are self healing, Einstein, why was that lfm up for over an hour begging for a healer?

*and*

You obviously have no idea what I can do with divine builds. Chai is correct in his assertion regarding divine casting effectiveness dropping off quite a bit in level 24 EE's and up. But you, you make me laugh. Were you on my server I'd consider educating you. But I'd probably be too busy cracking up at your misinformation and erroneous assumptions. Kinda like I'm doing now.

Thanks for that.
    As someone with a max DC divine, I'm perfectly aware of what you can and can't do with your divine caster.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    Ok, I will from now on do nothing but check which mob got least HP and attack it, stealing other peoples' kills.
    ... Which instakillers are prone to do anyway. If an instakiller is getting outkilled by a DPS toon, you can tell just how much worse the gulf is to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Not at endgame there arent.
    I agree that we don’t see this at the current endgame. I also don’t think it is with the FOTM builds either. The current “endgame” is some sort of tr and I can tell you that my completionist solo’d 90% of the game. I am not posting this in the achievement thread because this is something that is done all the time.

Anyone that has played this game for even a little while knows that most of the game can be easily soloed even with some garbage builds. (Not saying that people have to play this way, but it is true of those that do like the zerg style). People have adapted to not needing a healer or not needing a trapper and avoiding certain traps and people have also adapted to having their own haste clickies or other buffs because they know that they cannot always rely on an arcane to be in the group. (Even if they are in the group they do not always buff people).

As I stated earlier, I want people to have fun. I am a self-admitted zergers, but I do not hate the sniffers. My only complaint about this (and the million other related threads we see on the same topic), is that it is a two way street. For every sniffer that joins a zerg party, there will be a zerger that joins a sniffer party regardless of what you put in the LFM. There are idiot puggers everywhere and if they cause you too much stress simply don’t pug.
    Flabby-Flaber-Flabo--Heifer-Oinks

LEGION

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    How can you do that when you're so busy hjealing meh?

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    If a divine is not healing, why would I wait for a non healing one to join when the streets are currently paved with shiradi casters, fury shotters, and monk hybrids?
    You shouldn't wait...but if a divine wants to join and can contribute, why wait for a shiradi or moncher either? Just take whoever and go, I say.

Community Member

*and*

Thanks for that.
    One of the best pugging divines on Gland technique for level 24+ stuff EE is to blind everything long ahead of the party getting there. At that point, the DPS builds are just taking out the trash, if they even bother to do so.

Obviously some only have the DPS hammer, so every quest looks like a nail to them.

As someone with a max DC divine, I'm perfectly aware of what you can and can't do with your divine caster.
    Maybe you should alter that to say as someone who doesn't know how to play a divine, you haven't a clue about what they actually can and can't do?

I almost forgot...

I'll check in after my staffing to see what hilarity you produce next.

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    You shouldn't wait...but if a divine wants to join and can contribute, why wait for a shiradi or moncher either? Just take whoever and go, I say.
    Honest question . . . are there more than 5 Divines on our server who can add to a group in difficult content in a non-healing role?

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Honest question . . . are there more than 5 Divines on our server who can add to a group in difficult content in a non-healing role?
    I'd follow that up with the question... are there more than 5 Barbarians on the server who can add to a group in difficult content in a non-healing role?

Most players can't handle difficult content on any class or in any combat role. That's why we have so very little difficult content in DDO.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    I'd follow that up with the question... are there more than 5 Barbarians on the server who can add to a group in difficult content in a non-healing role?
    Probably not especially since most good players have abandoned their barbarians.

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    Most players can't handle difficult content on any class or in any combat role. That's why we have so very little difficult content in DDO.
    I don't care about "most players" regarding this. All who run EEs on a regular basis don't need a dedicated healer. With this being the situation what value does a divine add to an end-game group?

Look . . . I think the current situation in high-level play regarding what works best and what doesn't is absolutely retarded. The FoTM builds are just dumb and screaming for a nerf and stuff that should be stronger just isn't. The game was better when divines could insta-kill as well as necro-wizards. But people need to get their heads out of the sand reagarding how things work now.

I slag on paladins all the time. not because I hate paladins (well . . . um . . .) but because I want the class to be made better. it's the same thing with divines, in the modern high-end EE game they really aren't needed. They've lost that role. There needs to be something else for them to be great at doing.

And I don't fault Turbine for this 100%, it's hard to balance this stuff. The U10 FvS was god-mode. Now it's a bucket of meh. No class should be a bucket of meh, and no FoTM builds should be able to obtain the god-mode that they currently have.

Point blank it is TOO EASY for melees to heal themselves at this time. Turbine's solution to this . . . Bladeforged! Let's give all FoTM builds reconstruct!

Um . . .

Anywhoo . . . not sure how to fix this mess either, but you need to acknowledge a mess exists.
    Last edited by Teh_Troll; 11-26-2013 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Hjeal meh!

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

How can you do that when you're so busy hjealing meh?
    I told you to go die, noob.

And who teh hell are u anyway

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast