Default Epic Reincarnation Feat-Energy Criticals bugged.

Moved from General DDO Discussion:
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...Red-Named-Boss

---------------------------------------------
    Lamannia is opened these days, so I have a chance to test this issue by myself. I'd like to share some screenshots which shows the Spell Critical Damage problem.

Firstly, here is my character information: Lv28 Sorcerer, 373 Electric Spell Power, active destiny is Draconic Incarnation. Character Level is 28, Electric Spell Caster Level is 35.
    Tested in quest: Freshen the Air. Mobs are mostly held.
    Didn't twist Sense Weakness.
    ---
    First ER, Arcane Sphere-Energy Criticals I:
    Energy Critical toggle on:

Damage output (toggle on):

Note, the number on the right (6310) is an unheld troglodyte, so missing the 1.5 times helpless damage.

Energy Critical toggle off for comparison:

Damage output (toggle off):

---
    Second ER, Arcane Sphere-Energy Criticals II:

---
    Third ER, Arcane Sphere-Energy Criticals III:

---
    Lastly, when I logged on Lamannia, I found my Energy Burst just did 5500normal/11000critical damage to held mobs (sorry forgot screenshot), these numbers are far less than on Live server 9000normal/18000critical. But I think 5500/11000 should be the correct numbers, analysis below.

----------------------------------------------
    From my test and these screenshots, we can get 3 issues about ER-Energy Criticals and ED-DI-Energy Burst:

1. When Energy Criticals toggle on, it gives you 300/600/900% Spell Critical Damage instead of 3/6/9% Spell Critical Chance:
    First ER, normal damage is 9600, critical damage is 46000, about 5 times, means 300% extra damage.
    Second ER, normal damage is 5500, critical damage is 45000, about 8 times, means 600% extra damage.
    Third ER, normal damage is 5500, critical damage is 64000, about 11 times, means 900% extra damage.

2. Energy Burst did incorrect damage on Live server and First ER:
    Here is a math of theoretical Energy Burst damage output:

The Second and Third ER normal helpless damage is correct* (5500 to 5700).
    The Live server and First ER normal helpless damage is incorrect* (9600 to 5700).

3. Energy Burst is using Caster Level instead of Character Level on the description:
    Still from above chart, we can see that Energy Burst is using Caster Levels for calculating damage, which disobeyed the description.

I haven't played a Sorc in a very, very long time. Is 63,786 damage considered to be a lot?
    Last edited by Dave_Rapp; 11-25-2013 at 08:53 AM.

Community Member

There's a lot of things bugged. I'd say some useful effect is a lot better of a state than no useful effect. cough fascinate enhancements. As such, I'd say that the worst part of this bug is merely your envy.

Go advocate something worth fixing instead.

OP is this your goal?

Patch Notes Update 20 patch 2
    To prevent an exploit we have temporarily disabled all criticals

Indeed this is broken, requires a fix. To see bosses in ee wheleon and stormhorns die in less then a half minute is kinda broken..

Did tracker trap with 4 arcanes that abuse this.. He died in less then 10 seconds.. So yea, this requires a fix
    Last edited by Blackheartox; 12-04-2013 at 04:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Twinkly View Post
    There's a lot of things bugged. I'd say some useful effect is a lot better of a state than no useful effect. cough fascinate enhancements. As such, I'd say that the worst part of this bug is merely your envy.

Go advocate something worth fixing instead.
    If you read this sub-forum often you will find that I reported an Offhand Doublestrike issue, a Shadowdancer Executioner's Shot DC issue, a Fatesinger Reign does not recharge issue and a Shadowdancer Shadow Training II not stack issue. What did you report?

This is not my envy, in fact I don't like casters at all. I just want DDO return to a balanced game that worth to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Ghoul View Post
    OP is this your goal?
    Of course not, I'm always glad to see any kind of nerfs to casters