Default How should I spend my time and money in DDO?

I'm going back home from grad school for thanksgiving which means I finally have access to my gaming PC and can play DDO. Also, I'm gonna have some cash to spend on TP, finally, so I was wondering how I should spend my time and money. Oh, I don't own FR or Shadowfell yet but I might buy FR if I can expect to farm out an Oathblade in about a day.

Current Plan:

• +3 Heart of Wood and Lawful Alignment change for my Melee FVS to make him into a 12 FVS/5 Fighter/3 Monk.
    • Run GH quests for relics I will need to upgrade my Black Dragon Robe.
    • Farm out an Epic Envenomed Blade (I need a seal and shard).
    • Maybe LR+20 my Pale Master into something more fun, like a monk (I already have an easy button Sorc, and its boring).

So any suggestions? Should I buy FR and farm out an Oathblade or will and Epic Envenomed blade take less time?
    Melee FVS: Solarien
    Earth Savant: Keyros
    Pale Master: Kayros

Check your in mail box.

Assuming you mean FR = (Forgotten Realms/Menace of the Underdark Expansion), then I'd suggest it highly.
    It's even on sale for 35% off this week. The full expansion unlocks Epic Destinies, and personally, I really
    enjoy this content.

The Oathblade is a guaranteed farm. A couple of runs through "The Darkening" quest chain, and a couple
    of passes through the King's Forest for rares should do it.

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

Quote Originally Posted by ArgentMage View Post
    Assuming you mean FR = (Forgotten Realms/Menace of the Underdark Expansion), then I'd suggest it highly.
    It's even on sale for 35% off this week. The full expansion unlocks Epic Destinies, and personally, I really
    enjoy this content.

The Oathblade is a guaranteed farm. A couple of runs through "The Darkening" quest chain, and a couple
    of passes through the King's Forest for rares should do it.

This. If you want to play on Epic levels, the MoTU expansion is required because it includes epic destinies and your character will be hilariously awful on epics without them.

I'd suggest going for Oathblade as well. It is way way easier to get, if you know what you're doing you could farm it in just a few hours. Enenomed blade shard and seal could take months. And Oathblade is more useful in epics in my opinion since improved paralyzing weapons like Epic Envenomed Blade proc at a very low rate when running epic hard or epic elite.

Welcome back!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by axel15810 View Post
    This. If you want to play on Epic levels, the MoTU expansion is required because it includes epic destinies and your character will be hilariously awful on epics without them.
    While yeah, trying to play epic without epic destinies is doomed to fail on so many levels it's not even funny... but you can buy them without MotU.
    Like, if you don't plan to run it, OR plan to wait till MotU is 50% off or something, orr you just want to buy ED without MotU + cheapest MotU without ED, saving 300TP* (but giving up eveningstar challenges).

*300TP with the current 35% off promo, without that it's 500TP.

Ok guys I guess I forgot to clarify I have EDs, in fact I have 3 maxed out spheres on my FVS and Sorc.
    Melee FVS: Solarien
    Earth Savant: Keyros
    Pale Master: Kayros

Quote Originally Posted by Xeno5k View Post
    Ok guys I guess I forgot to clarify I have EDs, in fact I have 3 maxed out spheres on my FVS and Sorc.
    The MoTU quest pack is available separately, which I still highly recommend.
    King's Forest, Demonweb, the Underdark and the quests within are just chock
    full of commendations (and XP!).

Just watch carefully what you're selecting in the DDO store, since it will
    show you the quest pack, epic pack, and the expansion. Since you already
    have EDs, you can get just the quest pack, which is only 1622 TP this week.