Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Turbine, here is 1 idea how to earn money and make players happy at the same time

Make 20th raids end reward give 500 vcomms, all raids except tempest spine and chrono on heroic.
    This way people will be running all raids, you will be selling a lot more raid timer bypasses and people will be running raids even after they got all the gear from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    Make 20th raids end reward give 500 vcomms, all raids except tempest spine and chrono on heroic.
    This way people will be running all raids, you will be selling a lot more raid timer bypasses and people will be running raids even after they got all the gear from them.
    Hmm...I can actually /sign for this.
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

Pirate Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

500 might be a bit much -though I wouldn't complain :P
    /Signed!

Greetz,
    Red Orm

I'm all for more ways to acquire coms in game, but I think putting even more emphasis on the 20th reward list is a bad thing to do. As it stands right now, I barely care about any given individual completion. It's a race to 20 to see if I finally get the item I'm looking for. The fact that items drop in the raid chest is just a minor afterthought. Too much importance is on that 20th list to get the item I'm looking for. Putting even more importance on that 20th completion makes each individual completion even less special as a result.

Why not spread it to each 5th completion instead? So instead of 500 every 20th, how about 100 every 5th? It still encourages running raids multiple times, but takes some of the importance away from the 20th.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by RedOrm View Post
    500 might be a bit much
    For 20 completions? That's only 25 per.

And, /signed.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post

And, /signed.
    This is actually a great idea.

Even better for those of us, that are kinda... burned out, cause there is nothing to do for us in end game anymore, as we alrdy have all the items from rais (well, most of em anyway).

This would also solve the problem with raiding scene.

I give you my seal of approval!!

Quote Originally Posted by RedOrm View Post
    500 might be a bit much -though I wouldn't complain :P
    /Signed!

Greetz,
    Red Orm
    Is it really much?
    500 vcomms for 20 runs, thats month and half if you are not using timers.
    I came up with this idea today when I got my 20th citw end reward and took 14 vcomms(lol, would take guild renown, but it wasnt there and had all weapons I wanted already), citw on thelanis is pretty much dead raid, its like tod, maybe you will see few lfms in a week.
    Last edited by Ivan_Milic; 11-24-2013 at 08:55 PM.

/signed
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist

/signed, though I like the alternate idea even better

took 14 vcomms(lol, would take guild renown, but it wasnt there and had all weapons I wanted already), citw on thelanis is pretty much dead raid, its like tod, maybe you will see few lfms in a week.
    You don't say?!? CitW's Dead eh? Who would have predicted that...

Quote Originally Posted by redspecter23 View Post
    I'm all for more ways to acquire coms in game, but I think putting even more emphasis on the 20th reward list is a bad thing to do. As it stands right now, I barely care about any given individual completion. It's a race to 20 to see if I finally get the item I'm looking for. The fact that items drop in the raid chest is just a minor afterthought. Too much importance is on that 20th list to get the item I'm looking for. Putting even more importance on that 20th completion makes each individual completion even less special as a result.

Why not spread it to each 5th completion instead? So instead of 500 every 20th, how about 100 every 5th? It still encourages running raids multiple times, but takes some of the importance away from the 20th.
    I like this even better every 5 just make the Vcomms show up in the ends list... This gets people interested in raids in a nice way without creeping power or revamping them.
    Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    You can't possibly design good gameplay if excitement unpredictability and unknowns are NOT ALLOWED because they confuse some players who want everything cut and dried and spelled out for them.

good idea /signed
    "Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand"-Kurt Vonnegut

to early for pretty much all raids to have 500 Comms as end rewards when all we have to spend them on are EHoW and those new potions. agree or not, it certainly would also defeat what Turbine is trying to do, The ER Hamster Wheel of Fun. in a short time we could have enough Comms to ER. its obvious they don't want us being able to do that.
    Gary Gygax quotes

The essence of a role-playing game is that it is a group, cooperative experience.

There is no winning or losing, but rather the value is in the experience of imagining yourself as a character in whatever genre you are involved in, whether its a fantasy game, the Wild West, secret agents or whatever else. You get to sort of vicariously experience those things.

Role-playing isn't storytelling. If the dungeon master is directing it, its not a game.

When AI approximates Machine Intelligence, than many online and computer run RPGs will move toward actual RPG activity. Nonetheless, that will not replace the experience of "being there" anymore than seeing a theatrical motion picture can replace the stage play.

The secret we should never let the game masters know is that they don't need any rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    to early for pretty much all raids to have 500 Comms as end rewards when all we have to spend them on are EHoW and those new potions. agree or not, it certainly would also defeat what Turbine is trying to do, The ER Hamster Wheel of Fun. in a short time we could have enough Comms to ER. its obvious they don't want us being able to do that.
    20 raids is short time for you?

Its the same now with epic quests end reward, take the guild renown or take vcomms.
    Just a matter whats more valuable to you, you will be given more options, not less, also if you spread it on every 5th you would still get vcomms on your 20th along with weapons, so you didnt change anything.
    Last edited by Ivan_Milic; 11-25-2013 at 07:58 AM.

/signed

Pirate Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post

And, /signed.
    Yea for some reason I thought it was more than that. After some sleep it sounds much better and I withdraw my comment. Simply: /signed.

Greetz,
    Red Orm

Community Member

The way i think about it is that stuff like CoVs or Guild Renown tokens, and whatever else might fit in that same category of stuff that supposedly reflect your heroic/epic deeds, should be in some way automatically granted to you for completing a quest/raid - and be the same amount for everyone in the party (except maybe if someone has died repeatedly, or re-entered the quest, or got in the quest late, etc). Kinda like you get renown from killing mobs. Looting such stuff from chests seems a bit illogical to me.... Having such stuff as guest-rewards is more logical imo than having them in chests, but it doesn't exactly make sense to me if i have to choose between CoVs, tokens, or ... a weapon or an armor - i'd prefer to take some CoVs and/or tokens for granted, and then also be able to select a "material" reward.

my 2 slightly off topic p
    If i haven't responded to your post, it doesn't necessarily mean that i don't have counter-arguments, it might simply mean that i don't want to keep feeding the trolls.
    Plastic People
    Hey! Hey!

Its the same now with epic quests end reward, take the guild renown or take vcomms.
    Just a matter whats more valuable to you, you will be given more options, not less, also if you spread it on every 5th you would still get vcomms on your 20th along with weapons, so you didnt change anything.
    I guess my problem is that I don't like that it's based on 20 runs. I want each individual raid to have meaning and not just be a counter on my way to my actual reward. I'd sooner see 25 extra coms added to each completion than 500 on the 20th. I don't like that raiding now is just a race to 20, check the list and repeat if necessary. I have no technical problem with adding 500 coms as a 20th list option, it just devalues my 1st through 19th completion even more than it already is.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Earth and and full time at work: I move 400 lb stainless steel Refrigerators with ease!

Not signed because that is too many. The potions that are bought with comm's are already OP and to have the ability to get a lot of them quickly is OP. That is what Amrath is for and these potions have killed that pack.

Make it a lower number and I would agree.

But there are so many raids people don't run 20ths for items...gives a new incentive. Having it at 20 forces you to make a choice if you wanted an item, having to make choices is good.

Quote Originally Posted by zDragonz View Post
    Not signed because that is too many. The potions that are bought with comm's are already OP and to have the ability to get a lot of them quickly is OP. That is what Amrath is for and these potions have killed that pack.

Make it a lower number and I would agree.

I guess my problem is that I don't like that it's based on 20 runs. I want each individual raid to have meaning and not just be a counter on my way to my actual reward. I'd sooner see 25 extra coms added to each completion than 500 on the 20th. I don't like that raiding now is just a race to 20, check the list and repeat if necessary. I have no technical problem with adding 500 coms as a 20th list option, it just devalues my 1st through 19th completion even more than it already is.
    Raiding isnt just a race to 20 now, raiding is dead.
    How does it devalue your 1st 19 runs when they got you to 20?
    Last edited by Ivan_Milic; 11-25-2013 at 09:16 AM.

Community Member darkly_dreaming's Avatar

/signed
    Goddess, you know it baybee!
    Zealotry ~ Zealot ~ Zeal ~ Chanteuse ~ Conceit : +5 to Sexterity, Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by Bromuro View Post
    P.S: Besides Zealotry's voice is charming/mesmerizing and i bet she is a witch or a succubus disguised.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast