Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SqueakofDoom View Post
    targeted to be removed with the next Lamannia build
    And be replaced by what?

Community Member

I wouldn't mind seeing metalline and aligned as a material type. Of course, then they might be overpowered....

I'd at least like to see a few more material types in general.

Quote Originally Posted by skaught78 View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing metalline and aligned as a material type. Of course, then they might be overpowered....

I'd at least like to see a few more material types in general.
    I don't think they should be a material type, but it'd be nice to see them as part of a composed affixes.

Quote Originally Posted by cdr View Post
    I don't think they should be a material type, but it'd be nice to see them as part of a composed affixes.
    A good time to bring Transmuting back.

Community Member

Deleted.
    Last edited by UrbanPyro; 04-01-2014 at 12:02 PM.
    ~Aetherierlla~ | ~Alioria~ | ~Ausla~ | ~Blitzclank~ | ~Boomclank~ | ~Sputtering~
    Endgame; Sarlona

Curious if exisiting banes that are being removed will be covered by a new bane that isn't specified.

Is "unnatural bane" from the new sword going to be a random drop?

From what I can see Dragons, Elementals and Outsiders (with special note to non-evil chaotic for those pesky eladrin) are nowhere to be found.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Are older items going to drop with new versions of these abilities? Keen, Deception, whatever.

Will older items be converted to new versions of these abilities automatically?
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanPyro View Post
    WTB Consistency.

Feedback in blue. Someone better be taking consideration for what all these alterations may do to Cannith Crafting. Continuing to create new systems, where others have already existed, and have functioned just fine, is a good way to confuse/alienate players away from said system. If you're dorking the existing loot system, take some time in updating it in the near future.

Undo the whole Parrying I-IV, Fire I, II, III, etc nonsense. It's unattractive. At the least, use traditional Dungeons and Dragons naming themes (e.g. Improved <name>, Greater <name>, Major <name>, Superior <name>, <name> Burst, <name> Blast, etc).

Return Healing Amplification as a prefix to gear (or Yellow Augmentation Slot). Heck, make it a store-only item, if someone hasn't already thought of it down in marketing.
    Don't really want to nitpick but humanoid mean walking upright on two feet which giants fit perfectly. However I am with you and the others that I much more prefer, lesser, greater, superior and epic bane in the name then I-IV!
    * We have collectable bags, hell even hireling folders, but can I have that 6-pack for my potions please?
    * Having already a past life on the dieng EU servers, I rerolled here and started from scratch as I like the game and the community, so lets see what awaits me here

Quote Originally Posted by Fefnir_2011 View Post
    Unique names are great, but if the level cap continues to go up, then we'll end up with +12 Super Wicked Awesome Cutificating Greataxes of Insanely Legendary Burninating. I imagine that's why they switched to numbers anyway, it's far more flexible.

What if there was a compromise? Combining verbose names with precise numbering?

Flaming I-VI: 1d4 through 6d4.
    Blasting I-VI: 1d8 through 6d8.
    Incinerating I-VI: 1d20-6d20.

And so on. Admittedly, it still pollutes the loot tables in a way. But between polluting the loot tables, and never raising the level cap because adding new weapon permutations has become progressively more difficult, I think we both know what Turbine would choose.
    While I hope that they will stay for quite a while at level 30 when the cap is rised again, I see your point. So you mean like the Wizardry I-X items that have an Magi and Archmagi name in between?
    * We have collectable bags, hell even hireling folders, but can I have that 6-pack for my potions please?
    * Having already a past life on the dieng EU servers, I rerolled here and started from scratch as I like the game and the community, so lets see what awaits me here

Quote Originally Posted by nibel View Post
    Any chances to make the DC-based effects vary by the weapon ML? Eg, Paralyzing being 10 + ML, so a ML 10 paralyzing weapon would be DC 20, but a ML 28 one would be DC 38 (or DC 40 with Woundrous Craftsmanship).
    /Signed

Quote Originally Posted by DrOctothorpe View Post
    Two fun facts about Metalline:

1) In modern random loot, big damage numbers come from the prefix. We thought you would enjoy doing the extra damage and bypassing DR all at once. Thus Metalline as a suffix.

2) The Metalline suffix will be a new mutation, so won't affect crafted and old items.
    Im sorry, but all this feels like is that your trying to distract me from all the points that I dont like about the new system by bringing up the ONE thing that I might like about it.

On a side note, could you make vorpal (and other effects that are similar) actually worth something again? its fine on low level loot, but past casual and/or challenges at/near level 15-17 even the trash mobs easily have more than the min level of hp needed to stop it from working. It is nice that it adds to the +weapon damage, but where did the instant kills from PnP go? or is that now exclusively in the realm of casters?

Community Member FlaviusMaximus's Avatar

This post is in reference to the weapon information shown at the beginning of this thread. I haven't been on lamannia to see if any of the weapon effects have mutated since the original post.

First and foremost, thanks.

Combining the banes is brilliant. That's an A+ change.

Acid Torrent, Electric Storm, Freezing Gale, and Fiery Detonation were weapon abilities that I didn't think were very good. If they never made it back into the loot tables, I think it would be a plus. Same with Steam. I would be curious to know if others have a different take on them.

The reason they are bad is that 15d6 averages out to (15x3.5) 53 damage. 5% of the time (a roll of 20) you are going to do an extra 53 damage in an area. That averages out to about 2.5 more damage to a single target per swing. Pure Good is (or was. not sure if it is around anymore) 3.5 damage per swing, and it's a +1 modifier as opposed to a +6. Sure, the elemental procs do area of effect damage, but considering that we are talking about 53 damage, this rare proc isn't going to be useful anywhere past the Harbor. Then you have the fact that these weak effects gobble up an entire +6 enhancement bonus. From mid to late game, they are useless. At end game, they are useless plus break a Bard's Fascinate.

These should be +1 weapon abilities. Make it a +2 if wielding only one of them makes 20s in both hands produce the proc. That would guarantee that they would only appear in chests where they could be useful (Korthos - The Marketplace). Getting rid of the reflex save on these weapons doesn't get them anywhere near being useful. They need to remain absent from the loot tables or only exist in early game.

I don't think Feeding and Draining are going to be very effective the way they are right now. A level drain on a vorpal basically means that an enemy is going to lose a level maybe once during a fight if you're lucky, which basically does next to nothing. Same with the temporary sp and hp. They are going to proc a little too infrequently to be useful, unfortunately.

Acid Torrent, Electric Storm, and the rest of those similar weapon abilities that I think should stay out of the loot tables are not very good for the same reason Feeding and Draining are not very good. 20s are rare. If an effect is going to require a 20 to proc, it should be a fairly strong effect. Vorpals, Banishing weapons, Disruptors, and Smiters give a nice payout when you hit that lucky roll. That's why people use those weapons. These other weapons, not so much. That's why they will become, or in the case of the Acid Torrent type line, remain, weapons that just get sold to the vendors.

Speaking of vorpals, banishers, disruptors, and smiters, if those are not in the loot tables currently, returning them to the loot tables should be the highest priority (as far as weapons go).

All in all, very nice start and thanks for listening to our feedback.
    Last edited by FlaviusMaximus; 12-03-2013 at 11:53 AM.

This is a good opportunity to prevent subpar weapon effects from coming back into the game and clogging up the loot tables. I hope that people don't pass up this opportunity to share which weapon effects they think should remain missing. Let's be honest. Nobody actually wants ALL of the old weapon effects back...
    Last edited by FlaviusMaximus; 12-03-2013 at 01:26 AM.

The vorpal AOE procs were decent as part of combined affixes generally, but yeah pretty much suck on their own. They had one niche use as offhand weapons, especially when a weapon had two of the AOE procs from rare combined affixes. Celestia does the same thing though and it's pretty easy to get currently from raider boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by SisAmethyst View Post
    Don't really want to nitpick but humanoid mean walking upright on two feet which giants fit perfectly. However I am with you and the others that I much more prefer, lesser, greater, superior and epic bane in the name then I-IV!
    You're over simplifying it.

By your definition most devils and pit fiends could be classed as humanoid too.

Giants are not a humanoid, they are a humanoid-shaped creature of great strength, usually of at least large size. Classing them as a humanoid is silly.
    Last edited by fTdOmen; 12-03-2013 at 01:58 AM.

Community Member

Deleted.
    Last edited by UrbanPyro; 04-01-2014 at 12:02 PM.
    ~Aetherierlla~ | ~Alioria~ | ~Ausla~ | ~Blitzclank~ | ~Boomclank~ | ~Sputtering~
    Endgame; Sarlona

Quote Originally Posted by FlaviusMaximus View Post
    Acid Torrent, Electric Storm, Freezing Gale, and Fiery Detonation were weapon abilities that I didn't think were very good. If they never made it back into the loot tables, I think it would be a plus. Same with Steam. I would be curious to know if others have a different take on them.

The reason they are bad is that 15d6 averages out to (15x3.5) 53 damage. 5% of the time (a roll of 20) you are going to do an extra 53 damage in an area. That averages out to about 2.5 more damage to a single target per swing. Pure Good is (or was. not sure if it is around anymore) 3.5 damage per swing, and it's a +1 modifier as opposed to a +6. Sure, the elemental procs do area of effect damage, but considering that we are talking about 53 damage, this rare proc isn't going to be useful anywhere past the Harbor. Then you have the fact that these weak effects gobble up an entire +6 enhancement bonus. From mid to late game, they are useless. At end game, they are useless plus break a Bard's Fascinate.

Those effects are amazing in heroic levels, but don't drop there. +6 is too high, but if they were +3 or lower, they would replace heroic raid weapons.

After all, Cloudburst is THE BEST heroic level weapon due to its AoE proc. When each vorpal strike does ~1000 damage, even if that is scattered over seven mobs, that really makes for a lot of power. There is something ridiculous about cleaving into a pack of six mobs in elite Litany, seeing one instapopped by a Lightning Strike, and everything else take ~100 physical/shocking burst damage and 300 from two vorpal procs. That's a lucky roll, but it does happen once every run or so.

I'd rather see the following:

- +3 equivalent: Flaming Explosion, 100% on-vorpal proc, 5d6 AoE damage, no save
    - +5 equivalent: Acid Torrent, 100% on-vorpal proc, 15d6 AoE damage, save for half. Being +5, this could appear on heroic weapons (I believe).
    - +7 equivalent: Superior Acid Torrent, 100% on-vorpal proc, 20d6 AoE damage, no save.

I actually think that +7 version would have some situational merit for TWF characters and also Improved Precise Shot archers. It wouldn't be the right tool for every situation but it wouldn't be useless either.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    Those effects are amazing in heroic levels, but don't drop there. +6 is too high, but if they were +3 or lower, they would replace heroic raid weapons.
    The 50 damage proc on a vorpal would certainly not replace greensteel weapons. That isn't enough aoe damage to make much of an impact after level 12. It also wouldn't replace the Cloudburst for math reason that you are going to list in the next quote.

After all, Cloudburst is THE BEST heroic level weapon due to its AoE proc. When each vorpal strike does ~1000 damage, even if that is scattered over seven mobs, that really makes for a lot of power. There is something ridiculous about cleaving into a pack of six mobs in elite Litany, seeing one instapopped by a Lightning Strike, and everything else take ~100 physical/shocking burst damage and 300 from two vorpal procs. That's a lucky roll, but it does happen once every run or so.
    Yup. Cloudburst and Acid Torrent are both aoe procs. Other than that, they have little in common.

- +3 equivalent: Flaming Explosion, 100% on-vorpal proc, 5d6 AoE damage, no save
    - +5 equivalent: Acid Torrent, 100% on-vorpal proc, 15d6 AoE damage, save for half. Being +5, this could appear on heroic weapons (I believe).
    - +7 equivalent: Superior Acid Torrent, 100% on-vorpal proc, 20d6 AoE damage, no save.
    A more powerful version of the +3 might get some use since it would be available for use at those low levels when weak procs mean something.

The +5 version is the same as the current version with the enhancement reduced by 1. These weapons littered the vendors before and were bad for the reasons explained above. Reducing the enhancement bonus by one does not change that.

The +7 version does 70 damage in an area of effect on a vorpal, which is less than what most characters do in one swing by the time a character would be high enough level to use one. And it takes the rare vorpal roll to get that damage. This is an aoe tickle by the time the weapon can be equipped and used.

Two of the three weapons suggested are vendor trash. Possibly three out of three.

Quote Originally Posted by SqueakofDoom View Post
    [*]Ghost Touch (targeted to be removed with the next Lamannia build)
    Please leave Ghost Touch in the game. It pairs up perfectly with Disruption, whereas Ghostbane is a suffix and cannot be paired with Disruption.

[*]The following are also now available as Prefixes:
    • Fiery Detonation
      • This weapon is imbued with a fiery wrath. On an attack roll of 20 which is confirmed as a critical hit this burning power will be released, dealing damage to the target and all enemies near it for 15d6 fire damage. A successful Fortitude save (DC 39) reduces this by half.
    • Freezing Gale
      • This weapon is imbued with a frigid wrath. On an attack roll of 20 which is confirmed as a critical hit this freezing power will be released, dealing damage to the target and all enemies near it for 15d6 cold damage. A successful Will save (DC 39) reduces this by half.
    • Acid Torrent
      • This weapon is imbued with a vitriolic wrath. On an attack roll of 20 which is confirmed as a critical hit this acidic power will be released, dealing damage to the target and all enemies near it for 15d6 acid damage. A successful Reflex save (DC 39) reduces this by half.
    • Electric Storm
      • This weapon is imbued with an electrifying wrath. On an attack roll of 20 which is confirmed as a critical hit this shocking power will be released, dealing damage to the target and all enemies near it for 15d6 electric damage. A successful Reflex save (DC 39) reduces this by half.
    • Radiance
      • This weapon is imbued with a brilliant, radiant power that deals an additional 4 to 24 points of light damage and blinds the target on a successful critical hit.
    • Steam
      • This weapon is constantly building a magical steam within. When the weapon is used, this pressure can be violently discharged, periodically damaging enemies with an additional 2 to 16 plus 8 points of untyped damage on a successful hit.
    • Greater Sunburst
      • This weapon blazes with the eternal fury at the heart of a sun. Occasionally, this power comes to the surface, unleashing a nova of light which will blind the struck enemy, dealing severe light damage to it and any other nearby foes.
    • Arcane Detonation
      • This weapon is imbued with unfathomable arcane energies. On an attack roll of 20 which is confirmed as a critical hit this energy will be released, inflicting 15d6 force damage to the target and all other enemies near it. A successful Reflex save (DC 39) reduces this damage by half.
    Why are these being changed to prefixes rather than left as suffixes? I know most (probably all) of these were suffixes previously, as I still have an Icy Burst of Freezing Gale weapon in my Artificer's bank.

[*]The following are also now available as Suffixes:
    • Aligned Transmutation (Aligned)
      • This weapon transmutes into a form that is able to bypass any alignment based Damage Reduction. (Chaotic, Good, Evil, Lawful)
    • Metaline Transmutation (Metalline)
      • This weapon transmutes into a form that is able to bypass any metal based Damage Reduction. (Adamantine, Alchemical Silver, Byeshk, Cold Iron, or Mithril)
    Please leave these are prefixes. There is a lot more flexibility available with them as prefixes than there are when they are suffixes.

[*]New Suffixes:
    [LIST][*]Humanoid Bane
    • Humanoid Bane: On Hit: 1 to 6 Bane Damage vs Humanoids and Giants. (Bane damage cannot be resisted.)
    • Humanoid Bane II: On Hit: 2 to 8 Bane Damage vs Humanoids and Giants. (Bane damage cannot be resisted.)
    • Humanoid Bane III: On Hit: 3 to 12 Bane Damage vs Humanoids and Giants. (Bane damage cannot be resisted.)
    • Humanoid Bane IV: On Hit: 4 to 16 Bane Damage vs Humanoids and Giants. (Bane damage cannot be resisted.)
    • Humanoid Bane V: On Hit: 5 to 20 Bane Damage vs Humanoids and Giants. (Bane damage cannot be resisted.)
    • Humanoid Bane VI: On Hit: 6 to 24 Bane Damage vs Humanoids and Giants. (Bane damage cannot be resisted.)
    • Humanoid Bane VII: On Hit: 7 to 28 Bane Damage vs Humanoids and Giants. (Bane damage cannot be resisted.)
    [*]Natural Bane
    • Natural Bane: On Hit: 1 to 6 Bane Damage vs Animals, Vermin, Magical Beasts, Plants, and Fey. (Bane damage cannot be resisted.)
    • Natural Bane II: On Hit: 2 to 8 Bane Damage vs Animals, Vermin, Magical Beasts, Plants, and Fey. (Bane damage cannot be resisted.)
    • Natural Bane III: On Hit: 3 to 12 Bane Damage vs Animals, Vermin, Magical Beasts, Plants, and Fey. (Bane damage cannot be resisted.)
    • Natural Bane IV: On Hit: 4 to 16 Bane Damage vs Animals, Vermin, Magical Beasts, Plants, and Fey. (Bane damage cannot be resisted.)
    • Natural Bane V: On Hit: 5 to 20 Bane Damage vs Animals, Vermin, Magical Beasts, Plants, and Fey. (Bane damage cannot be resisted.)
    • Natural Bane VI: On Hit: 6 to 24 Bane Damage vs Animals, Vermin, Magical Beasts, Plants, and Fey. (Bane damage cannot be resisted.)
    • Natural Bane VII: On Hit: 7 to 28 Bane Damage vs Animals, Vermin, Magical Beasts, Plants, and Fey. (Bane damage cannot be resisted.)
    These are not worth responding to as no one is going to bother with them .... E V E R.

[*]Feeding
    • Feeding: On Vorpal Hit: Your target incurs one Negative level, and you gain +5 Temporary Hit Points. (These Temporary Hit Points last for one minute, or until used to negate incoming damage.)
    • Feeding II: On Vorpal Hit: Your target incurs one Negative level, and you gain +10 Temporary Hit Points. (These Temporary Hit Points last for one minute, or until used to negate incoming damage.)
    • Feeding III: On Vorpal Hit: Your target incurs one Negative level, and you gain +15 Temporary Hit Points. (These Temporary Hit Points last for one minute, or until used to negate incoming damage.)
    • Feeding IV: On Vorpal Hit: Your target incurs one Negative level, and you gain +20 Temporary Hit Points. (These Temporary Hit Points last for one minute, or until used to negate incoming damage.)
    • Feeding V: On Vorpal Hit: Your target incurs one Negative level, and you gain +25 Temporary Hit Points. (These Temporary Hit Points last for one minute, or until used to negate incoming damage.)
    • Feeding VI: On Vorpal Hit: Your target incurs one Negative level, and you gain +30 Temporary Hit Points. (These Temporary Hit Points last for one minute, or until used to negate incoming damage.)
    • Feeding VII: On Vorpal Hit: Your target incurs one Negative level, and you gain +35 Temporary Hit Points. (These Temporary Hit Points last for one minute, or until used to negate incoming damage.)
    [*]Draining
    • Draining: On Vorpal Hit: Your target incurs one Negative level, and you gain +2 Temporary Spell Points. (These Temporary Spell Points last for one minute, or until used to reduce the cost of your next spell.)
    • Draining II: On Vorpal Hit: Your target incurs one Negative level, and you gain +4 Temporary Spell Points. (These Temporary Spell Points last for one minute, or until used to reduce the cost of your next spell.)
    • Draining III: On Vorpal Hit: Your target incurs one Negative level, and you gain +6 Temporary Spell Points. (These Temporary Spell Points last for one minute, or until used to reduce the cost of your next spell.)
    • Draining IV: On Vorpal Hit: Your target incurs one Negative level, and you gain +8 Temporary Spell Points. (These Temporary Spell Points last for one minute, or until used to reduce the cost of your next spell.)
    • Draining V: On Vorpal Hit: Your target incurs one Negative level, and you gain +10 Temporary Spell Points. (These Temporary Spell Points last for one minute, or until used to reduce the cost of your next spell.)
    • Draining VI: On Vorpal Hit: Your target incurs one Negative level, and you gain +12 Temporary Spell Points. (These Temporary Spell Points last for one minute, or until used to reduce the cost of your next spell.)
    • Draining VII: On Vorpal Hit: Your target incurs one Negative level, and you gain +14 Temporary Spell Points. (These Temporary Spell Points last for one minute, or until used to reduce the cost of your next spell.)
    These last two have got to be a joke, right? 35 temporary hit points? That is not an improvement over the existing Bodyfeeder. It is unlikely you could get this at a low enough level for 35 hit points to make a difference. Even if you can, your weapon is going to still be gimp ("still" because all the bodyfeeder weapons currently in the game are gimp and not worth using) because it will probably be +1 or +2 Nothing Kukri of Feeding. I can see temporary spell points being useful to some casters who also melee frequently, but here again: what else is going to be on your weapon? Probably not much and so a weapon with Draining on it is going to be a waste of a slot.
    Last edited by Coyopa; 12-03-2013 at 08:53 PM.

whatever happened to the poison suffix?

I dont get it. Seems like a lot of work for what will be 98% vendor trash. Most stuff dies so fast, I just dont see why you would swap weapons.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast