Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Just so I'm clear, demon beaters are a pointless waste but you'll devote a weapon just for lailat?

I do not "hunt lailat," whatever that means, but my guild does the occasional ADQ guild run and it's nice to have a weapon for that. We also occassionally do elite HoX runs and it's nice to have a weapon for that too. What's even nicer is that they're the same weapon, reducing inventory clutter.
    Demon specific beaters in general are a waste of time aside from Lailat since Devil beaters do exceptionally well against most Demons and most Demons don't have a meaningful amount of DR. Any Demon with DR 7 or less will take just as much damage (or more) from a Holy Silver [whatever] of GEOB than it will from a Metalline Flametouched Iron [whatever] of GEOB. There are many weapons that would do well against Lailat. If you want to craft a weapon to go after Lailat, then craft a good one instead of crafting one that's mediocre against both Demons and Devils.

As for whether I'll personally devote a weapon just for Lailat, a lot of that depends on whether they allow the "don't come back to life when you release" to go live. If it goes live, then I'll be leaving the game because I just completely can't play like that. Just starting DDO is a massive chore and if I have to do that every time I die while soloing in a quest, then I just won't be able to play anymore.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Unhappy Bard Spellsong Vigor

•Bard Spellsinger:
    •NEW: Spell Song Vigor now only affects a single target (as per its description)

Change it back please. You are very swift to change the description when it is less helpful to players rather than fix it to be truly useful or helpful. Spellsong Vigor working as it has been was thought to be a good thing for bards, especially bards that group, in a multi-player game, so put it back the way it was please and do the usual ... fix the description.

Thank you.
    "Its not D&D anymore, more D$D." -- Brannigan
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    As for whether I'll personally devote a weapon just for Lailat...., .
    Well, if you care about best dps on Lailat then you are in fury which has cold iron or you have it twisted.
    When Cannith crafted was good, I made pair of Holy burst cold iron Greater Evil outsider bane, pair of HB silver lawful bane khops.
    Then recrafted when we get 2w on ml 20 weapons. Then we got Citw weapons and number of weapons just became ridiculous.
    If you gonna craft something, then better go for the best ( HB of Greater evil outsider bane on silver blank ). I agree with you, the rest is waste of bank/ inv space and materials.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    •Bard Spellsinger:
    •NEW: Spell Song Vigor now only affects a single target (as per its description)

Change it back please. You are very swift to change the description when it is less helpful to players rather than fix it to be truly useful or helpful. Spellsong Vigor working as it has been was thought to be a good thing for bards, especially bards that group, in a multi-player game, so put it back the way it was please and do the usual ... fix the description.

Thank you.
    [sarcasm]
    Bards are too strong; need nerf. Quit talking; you're supposed to sing - not spoken-word ranting.
    [/sarcasm]
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Quote Originally Posted by voodoogroves View Post
    [sarcasm]
    Bards are too strong; need nerf. Quit talking; you're supposed to sing - not spoken-word ranting.
    [/sarcasm]
    I have to wonder, how in the world do single target songs even work? Is everyone but the target holding their ears? Is the target using headphones?

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Saravis View Post
    I have to wonder, how in the world do single target songs even work? Is everyone but the target holding their ears? Is the target using headphones?
    The song is tailored to the person you are singing it to? If the bard is sining a song about how great Bob the barbarian is, Sue the Sorcerer probably isn't very interested.

Community Member

•Bard Spellsinger:

Thank you.
    Yes, please change it back so that this song is a group effect. Spell Song Vigor is one of the few really worthwhile enhancements in either Bard enhancement tree.

Hero

•Bard Spellsinger:

Thank you.
    I don't even play a bard (but have thru 3 tr lives) but this is another bad change. Make it a group song please.

Community Member

No fix for wand and scroll mastery from Eldritch Knight? I checked through the release notes and it doesn't look it's in there at least.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Saravis View Post
    Bar scene in Top Gun.

Community Member

Default inflame

Do you plan to fix Inflame from the warpriest tree? It is not mentioned as well, if it won't be fixed in the future, just let me know, I will remove it from my build and forget about it.
    By the way, I took 2 favored soul levels to be able to use it... can I have a free lesser +1 heart to fix my build, in case you do not plan to fix the enhancement?

Community Member

Changing an effect's prefix/suffix status in lootgen has always had the same effect in cannith crafting.
    It did until the new lootgen system came about. Now they seem to be two different systems. Lootgen holy, for example, is nothing like crafted holy.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gremmlynn View Post
    It did until the new lootgen system came about. Now they seem to be two different systems. Lootgen holy, for example, is nothing like crafted holy.
    You know what?

The game has always had a certain degree of complexity, which i like. But it looks like it's becoming more and more a real mess!

Complex is one thing, and mess is another...

It's a fact that i've been away from the game for much too long of time to adapt to all the changes and learn all the new stuff easily. But adding new systems and changing the old ones every now and then is only working well when it's well thought-out imo. And i'm sad to say that i'm having doubts that this is the case in general.

I'll give just one simple example, the change that was made from Striding items to Speed items. Not a major one, but imo it was one of the many changes towards the direction of messinesss, making things a bit more confusing - at least for myself. And i use this example cause i read they're thinking of retro-actively adjusting the old Striding items to become Speed items instead. This is a step towards fixing a (not very important) part of the mess imo.

And about crafting... If you go to the relative ddowiki page, you can see 11 different crafting systems.And if you take a look at one of them, the Augment crafting, it says "This crafting system introduced in Update 17 replaced the two older augment systems - Epic Augments, and Guild Augments (both older systems can still be used on legacy items that no longer drop in game)." So you have 3 different systems (old and new ones) co-existing in it. Now tell me, does this look a bit messy to you or not...?

Granted, it's tougher for a returning player like me... but should it be this way?
    Last edited by Grecan; 11-26-2013 at 04:19 PM.
    If i haven't responded to your post, it doesn't necessarily mean that i don't have counter-arguments, it might simply mean that i don't want to keep feeding the trolls.
    Plastic People
    Hey! Hey!

Community Member WilliamBraveheart's Avatar

BOOOOOOO on changing metalline to suffix. BOOOO I say!

Please don't let this mess up the metalline shard in cannith crafting. Metalline of Pure Good is nice to be able to craft for lives when I feel too lazy to make specialized weapons.
    What do you mean boooo now make Holy of metaline

Lookin for sumthin to kill!!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    I don't even play a bard (but have thru 3 tr lives) but this is another bad change. Make it a group song please.
    50 bucks says if its single target, you can't target yourself. And that blows chunks, because already we cant self-target with the skill boosting songs.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345