Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

<sticking it in the right place>
    Last edited by Scraap; 11-22-2013 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fTdOmen View Post
    try to /death on the live servers.

The amount of BS the devs are pulling since they can't fix a particular item bug is pathetic.

If I expected this bug to be fixed on lam I wouldn't care, but history shows it'll probably make it to live.

The reason behind it's implementation in the first place though is what's truly disgusting and does warrant negative feedback.

Nobody new can make use of this bug, there's only a small subsect of players who are still abusing it, but go summon a hireling with burden of guilt, or try /death when /stuck is on timer. Their "fixes" are actually more game breaking and effecting more people than the exploiters.
    Did I miss something? What's up with /death and burden of guilt? I'm seriously asking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

*maybe
    Farwil, Chaos Gamblers - Argonessen.

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by nibel View Post
    Seriously, people? Raging over a bug in the testing server that was said beforehand that it is annoying, but will be fixed on the next release?
    The past has shown that more and more "non-WAI" items make into the live servers. Some would debate that number is actually growing.

One could also debate that if they can't make something work correctly, introducing another item, which as presented now, doesn't work correctly in an attempt to "patch the patch" isn't the proper way to go about things.

Since everyone here like analogies: Sure it's ok to patch a hole in a tire, but if that patch develops a hole, no astute mechanic will patch the patch. It's dangerous and bound to lead to even more, unforeseen problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    Did I miss something? What's up with /death and burden of guilt? I'm seriously asking.
    devs disabled /death after it was realized that burden of guild doesn't persist through death.

Now this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post

If you're really curious, there are other places to look for detailed info. Try googling it and see where it leads you.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    Holy of Metalline will still work fine.
    For crafted demon beaters it's hard to beat +5 Metalline Flametouched Iron of Greater Evil Outsider Bane. It will work well against regular demons (cold iron + good) as well as xoriate demons (byeshk) and is not possible to make if metalline becomes a suffix.

You're right that metalline of pure good is easily replaced with holy of metalline, so on that I stand corrected. But I wouldn't want to see demon beaters take a hit.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    For crafted demon beaters it's hard to beat +5 Metalline Flametouched Iron of Greater Evil Outsider Bane. It will work well against regular demons (cold iron + good) as well as xoriate demons (byeshk) and is not possible to make if metalline becomes a suffix.

You're right that metalline of pure good is easily replaced with holy of metalline, so on that I stand corrected. But I wouldn't want to see demon beaters take a hit.
    It all depends on whether or not they're pulling the old metalline... If not (and if there is some code that prevents generation of metalline of metalline stuff.) this is actually a buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    So would it cost me flowers, a fruit-basket, or a big box of cookies to get you guys to put healing amp on yellow-slots?

http://trueclassics.files.wordpress....06/wiggins.jpg

Community Member thomascoolone64's Avatar

Can yall please activate the Winter Ice games here PLEASE???
    Back up account to "Buttkierownsmade"

I am Titan.

2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist

Quote Originally Posted by voodoogroves View Post
    Nice that bards got a tweak, though unsure if it all will help. Of course, it's paired with a Spellsinger nerf.

Is there a cost for the Victory Song toggle? 1/song to turn it on?

If someone tests before I do, curious if WC doublestrike still doesn't stack with items or not (and thus, still redundant AND comes with a penalty).
    What changes did they do to bard?
    You guys filibustering a new mode have already succeeded in scaring the Dev's into not doing it the right way and re-scaling the existing settings, why in the world are you still filibustering? Drunk on your success? Schadenfreude? Spitefulness?

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nibel View Post
    Seriously, people? Raging over a bug in the testing server that was said beforehand that it is annoying, but will be fixed on the next release?
    As long as it's a bug that actually will be fixed, then we won't need to be unhappy with the change. If that's a new "WAI", then there's a MAJOR problem.

Every time I log in to DDO, it takes more than 5 minutes and I have to do it twice to get in successfully (the first time I try to log in EVERY time fails). If I have to take a few minutes to log in to play DDO, that's annoying, but not completely insane. If I have to do that EVERY time I die in a quest when I'm soloing (and I solo most quests because that's the way that I prefer to play), then I'm just going to stop playing DDO entirely. That's not a threat. That's not "if you don't do this for me, then I'm taking my ball and going home". That's just a simple acknowledgement that I won't be able to play DDO anymore if I have to take between 5 and 10 minutes to relog every single time I die in a quest. I don't die all that often, but I do die once an hour or so when I'm soloing.

Having to heal up and then run back into the quest after it resets is not a big deal. Having to relog every time I die *is* a big deal.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

For crafted beaters, I'd very much prefer +5 Holy Silver of GEOB. It's an extra 2d6 of damage on each hit and the enemies that have Cold Iron DR don't have a whole lot of it aside from Lailat.
    And that is beautiful
    And that is beautiful

From Wisconsin, Live in Iowa, Vist Wisconsin

I have several flametouched blanks I crafted Metalline of Vampirism - don't mess these up -

Metalline of Righteous is a great DR beaker as well-

If metalline can be EITHER or suffix or Perfix - great!

If switching Suffix only - BAD...
    Last edited by Propane; 11-22-2013 at 11:28 PM.

Calling Sarlona my home - Guildmaster - Brotherhood of Redemption - ddo.borguild.com
    Alts - Propane, Kerosene, Hexane, JA, Waulter, Acetylene, CNG, LPG, Woodpile, Hexyne, Dilithium Crystal, Geothermal, TidalPower, Windpower, Natural Gas, Antimematter, and Coaldust (and a few others)

From Wisconsin, Live in Iowa, Vist Wisconsin

Default Why Change BARD Spell Song Vigor?

•NEW: Spell Song Vigor now only affects a single target (as per its description)

Bard need love!

This feature (1 song affecting entire party) was on small bit of Love for them -

Consider Leaving it the way it is on live or make it stronger (2 or 3 times at least)

Singing the song 6 times at the beginning of a raid in not fun...

Bards need love - it is the holiday season

Calling Sarlona my home - Guildmaster - Brotherhood of Redemption - ddo.borguild.com
    Alts - Propane, Kerosene, Hexane, JA, Waulter, Acetylene, CNG, LPG, Woodpile, Hexyne, Dilithium Crystal, Geothermal, TidalPower, Windpower, Natural Gas, Antimematter, and Coaldust (and a few others)

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    For crafted beaters, I'd very much prefer +5 Holy Silver of GEOB. It's an extra 2d6 of damage on each hit and the enemies that have Cold Iron DR don't have a whole lot of it aside from Lailat.
    That's a devil beater. I was talking about demon beaters. Your weapon doesn't break the DR of any demons.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

That's a devil beater. I was talking about demon beaters. Your weapon doesn't break the DR of any demons.
    I think he meant, outside of Lailat, there are very few with cold iron+good DR, or that their DR can be ignored.

Anyway, don't worry about crafting.

They won't touch it, they probably even forgotten that it exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    I think he meant, outside of Lailat, there are very few with cold iron+good DR, or that their DR can be ignored.
    There are lots of demons with Cold Iron+Good, and even more with Byeshk.

Anyway, don't worry about crafting.

They won't touch it, they probably even forgotten that it exists.
    Changing an effect's prefix/suffix status in lootgen has always had the same effect in cannith crafting.

What this means is if metalline as a suffix goes through, craft up a +5 metalline of gtr evil outsider bane with +15 potential now, and then when it goes live and metalline converts to a suffix slap holy burst on it too for holy burst metalline of gtr bane. Hard to beat that and you don't even need a special metal.

It would be +15 potential, though, so maybe go holy instead of holy burst to squeeze in an ML20 red augment of electricity damage.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

There are lots of demons with Cold Iron+Good, and even more with Byeshk.
    I just checked the wiki.
    Majority of demons got DR/good, or DR/good or cold iron (one, not both).
    Demons with good+cold iron DR are: reavers, renders, flesners, etc. and mariliths.
    Their DRs (like most of DRs in game now) are considered to be ignorable- most of players nowadays prefer to pick weapon that will deal more raw DPS, even if it won't bypass DR.

Changing an effect's prefix/suffix status in lootgen has always had the same effect in cannith crafting.

What this means is if metalline as a suffix goes through, craft up a +5 metalline of gtr evil outsider bane with +15 potential now, and then when it goes live and metalline converts to a suffix slap holy burst on it too for holy burst metalline of gtr bane. Hard to beat that and you don't even need a special metal. (It's +15 potential, though, so sadly you can't also fit a red augment slot.)
    Didn't noticed that any crafting shards got changed, unless the entire mechanics got changed, like spellpower or spellpen.

But on the other hand, I didn't put much attention to it- the only thing I crafted lately was pair of holy of pure good shortswords and pair of acid burst of pure good shortswords. They work as they always used to (holy 2d6, acid burst 1d6 per hit, plus 1d10 per crit, pure good 1d6 per hit).

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    I just checked the wiki.
    Majority of demons got DR/good, or DR/good or cold iron (one, not both).
    Demons with good+cold iron DR are: reavers, renders, flesners, etc. and mariliths.
    Their DRs (like most of DRs in game now) are considered to be ignorable- most of players nowadays prefer to pick weapon that will deal more raw DPS, even if it won't bypass DR.
    Majority of demons by what measure? There are two whole adventure packs crawling with DR/Byeshk demons, for example. (Plus a raid and raid wilderness.) There's a bunch of DR/Cold Iron + Good demons in the level 10 range, though zergers likely never even see them. Those who one-and-done all content know that demons become a real enemy at level 10-12. (But then go away until level 17, oddly.)

Anyway, to suggest that a crafted demon beater doesn't need to bother with breaking demon DR is, IMO, silly.

Didn't noticed that any crafting shards got changed, unless the entire mechanics got changed, like spellpower or spellpen.
    I do pay attention to cannith crafting, and yes it does auto-update based on changes to lootgen. This is why, for example, natural armor and proof against poison have to be applied first or you won't be able to put them on your item.

Holy Silver of GEOB does an average of 7 damage more than Metalline Flametouched Iron of GEOB against demons with 0 DR (i.e. most demons). Against demons with dr 5/cold iron, it still does an average of 2 damage more than your weapon. The only demons against whom it does less damage is any demon with more than DR 7/cold iron. Since there are vanishingly few of those in the game, a Holy Silver of GEOB will be a better weapon against a large majority of demons (even demons with DR) than a Metalline Flametouched Iron of GEOB.

And if you have a serious need to go personally kick Lailit's behind with the best possible crafted beater, then you can still make a Holy or Holy Burst Cold Iron of GEOB that will be significantly better than the Metalline one.

More important than any debate over crafting, however, is the fact that /death isn't going to work and that we're going to have to relog every time we die if we're soloing. Since every odd numbered login I make results in a disconnection after several minutes (and it takes a few minutes for me to get into DDO even on a successful login), that's a problem. Forcing me to relog every time I die while soloing is the first completely 100% game breaking bug that has personally effected me.

And the fact that it's being introduced in order to fix Burden of Guilt which is a buggy workaround to punish exploiters is a problem. If you're going to punish exploiters, then punish the exploiters and leave the clean players alone. Don't mess with my game just to take care of a few people who are wearing gear with an inappropriate ML.
    And that is beautiful
    And that is beautiful

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast