Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkastik View Post
    I work in IT, and I both develop and support an application. ETA for fixes is often nearly impossible. You have no idea how long it will take to find the "problem" to begin with, and how can you even pretend to predict how long it will take to fix when you don't know what the issue is? So, I totally understand not being able to provide ETA for resolution. But what I have learned in my job, is that when I get lots of reports of an issue, and I remain silent, I instill a lot of anxiety and mistrust in the user base, because they start to wonder ... are they ignoring us? are they incompetent? are they not taking responsibility for the issue? do they care??

When I reply with a simple message, "I see the problem you're having, and understand your frustration. Right now I understand it to impact you in these scenarios: .... Given that understanding, I can't give this my highest priority right now, but I should be able to investigate this at such-and-such time. I will keep you informed of my findings."

After this, they understand that I understand their issue, I have validated their concern, and given them a fair estimate of the priority I can give it. This communication implicitly tells them that I am taking responsibility for the issue, that I *do* care, and I also wish to see it resolved. Sometimes, the resolution is that it's "too expensive to fix". But the *communication* process is what makes (almost) everyone much, much happier. They know they are not being ignored.

I completely agree with this. Even if somebody would just acknowledge the problem and say: "There is nothing we can do about it right now, we will fix it ASAP, but we have no idea when that will be."
    That is a message that does not give you any information at all that you did not know already and yet it makes all the difference.
    Last edited by Gwendor; 11-22-2013 at 03:39 PM.

Default Kyber still jacked.

Kyber still jacked.

Can select character, enter the game and the network indicator light is red and character unresponsive followed by "connection to server has been lost."
    Turbine technical team grabs d20, rolls another 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Kafkadreams View Post
    Thanks for the update, Tolero!

While the problems are occurring, I've had no excuse to not do housework. On the plus side, my kitchen is looking terrific.
    Oh I have a kitchen,almost forgot

Community Member

The problem persists, as of 9pm PST, 2 minutes ago, on Cannith.

Community Member

If they are finished with their work, shouldn't I be able to zone into an adventure without losing connection?

Back to work tech support team, you did not fix the issue.

The game seems to work fine for fairly long stretches but at some point one of my characters tries to start an adventure, enter a wilderness slayer area or even just log off and then I get a lengthy spell with the loading screen only to be booted and get an error message. While it's an exaggeration to say the game is completely unplayable the most that can be said is the game is semi sort of playable (at least on Cannith).

Community Member

What in the seven hells is going on Turbine? This is completely unsat and a load of horse ****. It's Friday night, and you're giving us the same problems that we had last night, after having all day today to fix it? Someone needs to get woken up and brought back into the office to fix this debacle, and then summarily lashed with cat-5 cable.

Default Same issues still

Kyber and Orien.
    Turbine technical team grabs d20, rolls another 1.

Community Member

Reapplying a fix it the worst action, the fix may turn into a problem if the creators of the fix is not present. When applying a fix, things change (server, connection or database). Restarting a server without review from the full group may corrupt user data.. unless everyone is happy to a possibility to get lost items or even lost xp levels then a server restart can always be done.

Community Member

This is happening again after the 12/9 patch 20 update 1. I was logged in before servers came down and logged out when the red warning message appeared that the servers were coming down.

Now, just like after update 20, I am unable to log in - when I did manage to get on one time I dropped as soon as I tried to change zones.

Community Member

Unable to log in certain toons either, also unable to zone sometimes, since patch U20 update 1.

Community Member

Yup. I'm timing out, too. I'm beginning to sense a trend. Can we get some Cannith love, please?

In a completely non-rigorous test as I'm at work I have no problems when not going through time-warner (if we're talking about that disco problem here). I can't really spend any more of my work day looking at it, but the last 20 minutes was very smooth. (and trace doesn't go through cogent from here).

(ETA: tested on cannith)
    Last edited by MartinusWyllt; 12-09-2013 at 10:11 AM.

I got stuck while zoning just after the servers came back up. When I tried to log on normally about 3 hours ago, my stuck toon was still stuck. I used the Hall of Heroes passport to log him in through the other realm, and it worked without issues.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123