Community Member

Default Lost all my destinies on ETR followed by heroic TR

Been wanting to play my completely capped completionist (not triple, but don't have THAT much time on my hands).
    At cap with all destinies maxxed and all the gear I want, decided to bite the bullet...

Half elf rogue , 28, 6 mil karma in all spheres. Did a LR 20 to add 10 hps with a barb pl, then ETR for the 3% doublestrike, then finally a heroic TR to settle on Shadar Kai. (I like the way they look, and eventually may want the iconic pl).

Picked stats and skills for 15 levels, and booooom, servers crash. Went to sleep shortly after. Woke up, servers were all being restarted, 45 mins later, get back on to find myself sitting at level 1 shadar kai. Bahhh, no biggie, redid the skills and stats to 15, visit the shared bank etc etc...

Went to the Fatespinner, opened window and ALL my destinies and fate points at nada, zip, nothing, except 6 mil karma in 3 spheres, and 0 in my epic TR martial sphere.

Submitted ticket, and the GM says I will see them all back and capped when I hit 20...I don't trust this one iota. Other TR's can see their destinies at level 1, what's special about 20? How will it all magically appear then? He closed the ticket.

Anyone else have this happen? And if so, at 20, does it all magically reappear? I am afraid to play, because if I level up 5 levels to 20, and they don't appear back, then they may just say I am S O L. I will NOT grind all those destinies again, no way, no flippin how!

I am a seriously unhappy camper right now...

Quote Originally Posted by Rynojedi View Post
    Been wanting to play my completely capped completionist (not triple, but don't have THAT much time on my hands).
    At cap with all destinies maxxed and all the gear I want, decided to bite the bullet...

Half elf rogue , 28, 6 mil karma in all spheres. Did a LR 20 to add 10 hps with a barb pl, then ETR for the 3% doublestrike, then finally a heroic TR to settle on Shadar Kai. (I like the way they look, and eventually may want the iconic pl).

Picked stats and skills for 15 levels, and booooom, servers crash. Went to sleep shortly after. Woke up, servers were all being restarted, 45 mins later, get back on to find myself sitting at level 1 shadar kai. Bahhh, no biggie, redid the skills and stats to 15, visit the shared bank etc etc...

Went to the Fatespinner, opened window and ALL my destinies and fate points at nada, zip, nothing, except 6 mil karma in 3 spheres, and 0 in my epic TR martial sphere.

Submitted ticket, and the GM says I will see them all back and capped when I hit 20...I don't trust this one iota. Other TR's can see their destinies at level 1, what's special about 20? How will it all magically appear then? He closed the ticket.

Anyone else have this happen? And if so, at 20, does it all magically reappear? I am afraid to play, because if I level up 5 levels to 20, and they don't appear back, then they may just say I am S O L. I will NOT grind all those destinies again, no way, no flippin how!

Sorry to break it to you, but there have been other people that have had the same issues with Epic TRs:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...83#post5176183
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ere-do-I-begin

They can fix the issue, you need to get a GM that comprehends that specific problem and address it. See those threads for more details. Very sorry you had to experience it.

To make up for their blunder, please hit up Rainbow In The Dark heroic elite when you're back at level 18. I'll tell the Fire Elementals not to put up their sneaky little ambush traps in your run. Then again, I may have your cleric try to make the spike pit jump in full armor with a Jump skill of -5 without featherfall or haste and see what happens.

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Rynojedi View Post

In-Game GMs can never help with lost items, Reincarnation problems, Enhancement / ED issues, Store issues etc. For those types of problems, create a ticket here:

http://support.turbine.com/ics/suppo...?style=classic

P.S. There should be an official acknowledgement, or at least an entry in the Known Issues about this problem. Having players accumulate 4200 Commendations of Valor and then have the Epic TR bug out on them, requiring them to jump through hoops to get back to normal, is pretty serious.

At least let people know about the issue and let them make up their mind on whether to hold off Epic TRing until the bug is found and fixed. Acknowledge the problem now and save a lot of frustration from players later.

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

Sorry that this happened! I'm so scared to ER right now...seeing quite a few of these threads lately.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HAL View Post
    In-Game GMs can never help with lost items, Reincarnation problems, Enhancement / ED issues, Store issues etc. For those types of problems, create a ticket here:

Your link is broken

This is completly untrue.
    For this particular issue, GMs are very competent and helpful.
    Owy Evoker FvS / Praledric Completionist Qstaff Rogue/Monk/Druid / Laraeph DC Wizard / Laraelph AA Monk/Ranger/Pally / Gaenry Shiradi Sorc/FvS/Wiz / Reasis SWF Pally & numerous others
    The Leveller for DDO!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by axel15810 View Post
    Sorry that this happened! I'm so scared to ER right now...seeing quite a few of these threads lately.
    ^^^^^^ YUP!!! ^^^^^^^

My goto epic level toon (currently in the middle of a TR because half-elf took a huge proxy nerf) has every destiny to tier 5. Some aren't 100% capped, but very close. I'm not willing to roll the dice on that much work. This needs to be fixed and announced that it is fixed in a very public way.

Quote Originally Posted by -Zephyr- View Post
    This is completly untrue.
    For this particular issue, GMs are very competent and helpful.
    If that is so i would like their first name and desk phone number(cell number is acceptable).

Quote Originally Posted by LawfulEvil View Post
    P.S. There should be an official acknowledgement, or at least an entry in the Known Issues about this problem.
    Why would Turbine put this in the "known issues" list? Then it would hurt the sales of TR hearts.

And people who are not TR'ing and leveling again... don't buy XP Pots, etc.

There goes an entire revenue stream for Turbine.
    Dorian

I have seen no evidence of this.
    It has happened to me and a few guildies, and has in all but one cases been solved with a single in game ticket in a matter of minutes.
    Owy Evoker FvS / Praledric Completionist Qstaff Rogue/Monk/Druid / Laraeph DC Wizard / Laraelph AA Monk/Ranger/Pally / Gaenry Shiradi Sorc/FvS/Wiz / Reasis SWF Pally & numerous others
    The Leveller for DDO!

Founder

It has happened to me and a few guildies, and has in all but one cases been solved with a single in game ticket in a matter of minutes.
    I have never heard that before and the GM didn't help the OP...

Hero

I would say from forums and in-game experience, if you and a few guildies indeed receive this kind of swift treatment - your a rare fringe case. I have personally known 6 people who this has happened to and they have had to go thru some pretty extraordinary efforts to get their XP back. 2 of them are still waiting a week on.

Community Member

Cool

Update:
    Due to work, haven't had much time on lately, but after 2nd ticket, was over an hour wait, and had to log out by then, they closed ticket since I was not available. Resubmitted.

20 mins later had a very helpful dev and he/she understood my dilemma, did some checking, and now have all my destinies recapped.

So, my advice to others, don't take an initial NO for an answer, someone knows their customer service skills.

That's great news -- glad everything is back to normal. Also, thanks for confirming that there is different strata of GM cooperation.