Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 72
  1. #1

    Default Maybe it is now time to also approve premium members

    Vip players getting various benefits, which is absolutely(!) justified, they might even deserve more, but that is not the topic here.

    But isn't it maybe time to also thank the premium players, which saved the game from closing in 2009? And I am not(!) talking about those premium accounts who invested 5 bucks to buy one pack or class. I am talking about those premium members, who bought every single adventure pack, expansion, class, race and account upgrade. Maybe it is time to grant them a little bonus or status between premium and vip, maybe +3-5% xp when vip get +10%, so they do not feel that subclass as I think they do now. But maybe I am just dreaming. And it might be hard to implement. But it would also force premium player who almost own everything to buy everything possible.

    I would also pay for some of the perks vip get, like changing destinies wo running to fatespinner etc. if you only provide them as unlock. I even would go vip if I start to play ddo from the scratch. But I will not go vip since I already own all content, so that will never happen, maybe I am too rational or bullheaded. Just a few thoughts. Great fan.

  2. #2
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,137

    Default

    If you bought "every single adventure pack, expansion, class, race and account upgrade" in 2009, you got a really good entertainment deal. That's what you got. Money, or rather the need to spend much less.

    As for VIPs, Turbine finally understood that those players are paying all the time - not only in 2009 - and it is likely that the pile of money they earned on Premium players four years ago and during the expansions is gone.

    I think they realized that the Premium business model was really good for them at start of DDO Unlimited, but four years later with a lot of players playing but not paying (much) it maybe isn't looking so good from Turbine's fiscal viewpoint anymore. Thus the VIP love.
    Various hedge-wizards and halfwits, please see MyDDO for all your squelching needs
    Lyrandar 2006 - Devourer 2007 - Thelanis 2009 - Ghallanda 2010

  3. #3
    Community Member bartharok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Far beyond the ravens gate
    Posts
    5,514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by morkahn82 View Post
    Vip players getting various benefits, which is absolutely(!) justified, they might even deserve more, but that is not the topic here.

    But isn't it maybe time to also thank the premium players, which saved the game from closing in 2009? And I am not(!) talking about those premium accounts who invested 5 bucks to buy one pack or class. I am talking about those premium members, who bought every single adventure pack, expansion, class, race and account upgrade. Maybe it is time to grant them a little bonus or status between premium and vip, maybe +3-5% xp when vip get +10%, so they do not feel that subclass as I think they do now. But maybe I am just dreaming. And it might be hard to implement. But it would also force premium player who almost own everything to buy everything possible.

    I would also pay for some of the perks vip get, like changing destinies wo running to fatespinner etc. if you only provide them as unlock. I even would go vip if I start to play ddo from the scratch. But I will not go vip since I already own all content, so that will never happen, maybe I am too rational or bullheaded. Just a few thoughts. Great fan.
    VIPs get a bonus for paying every month (or whatever plan they are on), so IF premiums would get some bonus it would have to be timed for X days for Y paid.
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

  4. #4
    Community Member OverlordOfRats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by morkahn82 View Post
    Vip players getting various benefits, which is absolutely(!) justified, they might even deserve more, but that is not the topic here.

    But isn't it maybe time to also thank the premium players, which saved the game from closing in 2009? And I am not(!) talking about those premium accounts who invested 5 bucks to buy one pack or class. I am talking about those premium members, who bought every single adventure pack, expansion, class, race and account upgrade. Maybe it is time to grant them a little bonus or status between premium and vip, maybe +3-5% xp when vip get +10%, so they do not feel that subclass as I think they do now. But maybe I am just dreaming. And it might be hard to implement. But it would also force premium player who almost own everything to buy everything possible.

    I would also pay for some of the perks vip get, like changing destinies wo running to fatespinner etc. if you only provide them as unlock. I even would go vip if I start to play ddo from the scratch. But I will not go vip since I already own all content, so that will never happen, maybe I am too rational or bullheaded. Just a few thoughts. Great fan.

    I'd would like to see the ability to purchase these in the store also.

    Maybe the following.

    Premium XP bonus(account based 9995TP) - Receive bonus XP. Note: This does not stack with VIP Bonus XP. Make it equal to the VIP bonus.

    Premium Speed Boost(account based 4995TP) - Receive a movement boost in public areas. Note: This does not stack with VIP Bonus speed. Make it equal to the VIP bonus.

    Token of the Fate Singer(1 use) - Allows you to change destinies in a public area without going to a Fatesinger.


    The first two would need to be expensive since they would be account based. They would also have to not stack with the VIP bonus.
    The third one make it cheap like the Elite unlock. You want people to buy it and use it.


    Disclaimer: I am a premium player who has also purchased pretty much all the content(including both expansion packs) and account upgrades. I have not purchase Drow and couple character slots. I am not asking to receive free the things that VIPs get. I am asking for the ability to purchase them. I do purchase the $60 point bundle at least three times a year to pay for the game I play.

  5. #5
    Community Member Forzah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordOfRats View Post
    I'd would like to see the ability to purchase these in the store also.

    Maybe the following.

    Premium XP bonus(account based 9995TP) - Receive bonus XP. Note: This does not stack with VIP Bonus XP. Make it equal to the VIP bonus.

    Premium Speed Boost(account based 4995TP) - Receive a movement boost in public areas. Note: This does not stack with VIP Bonus speed. Make it equal to the VIP bonus.

    Token of the Fate Singer(1 use) - Allows you to change destinies in a public area without going to a Fatesinger.


    The first two would need to be expensive since they would be account based. They would also have to not stack with the VIP bonus.
    The third one make it cheap like the Elite unlock. You want people to buy it and use it.


    Disclaimer: I am a premium player who has also purchased pretty much all the content(including both expansion packs) and account upgrades. I have not purchase Drow and couple character slots. I am not asking to receive free the things that VIPs get. I am asking for the ability to purchase them. I do purchase the $60 point bundle at least three times a year to pay for the game I play.
    Bad idea; this removes several of the reasons to go VIP. For Turbine VIPs provide a constant monthly benefit, which is preferable over the uncertain benefit received from premium players. VIP simply has to offer more than premium.

  6. #6
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    239

    Default

    The best reward for me would be correct bugs and crash issues and remove companions from the game
    Leamos --> Completionist + Epic Completionist

    Arena PVP matchs are the only real end-game... still waiting that community will understand and let turbine to implement it.

  7. #7
    Community Member -Zephyr-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forzah View Post
    Bad idea; this removes several of the reasons to go VIP. For Turbine VIPs provide a constant monthly benefit, which is preferable over the uncertain benefit received from premium players. VIP simply has to offer more than premium.
    How is a VIP buying a 12 month sub once a year providing any more "constant monthly" benefit than a premium player ?

    Quote Originally Posted by FlameDiablo View Post
    remove companions from the game
    And, why ?
    Owy Evoker FvS / Praledric Completionist Qstaff Rogue/Monk/Druid / Laraeph DC Wizard / Laraelph AA Monk/Ranger/Pally / Gaenry Shiradi Sorc/FvS/Wiz / Reasis SWF Pally & numerous others
    The Leveller for DDO!

  8. #8
    Community Member Zibowskij's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    204

    Default

    /not signed
    premium means you (sometimes) pay for what you get (when it's not bought from favor farming): adventure packs and expansions. If you want more perks go VIP. Why would a person deserve free buffs/stuff for buying something at the store maybe years ago?
    Last edited by Zibowskij; 11-22-2013 at 05:11 AM.

  9. #9
    Community Member Forzah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by -Zephyr- View Post
    How is a VIP buying a 12 month sub once a year providing any more "constant monthly" benefit than a premium player ?
    The only thing that matters is that VIPs provide a constant sales per time unit as opposed to premium players which only provide a sale once. The time at which this amount is paid does not matter.

  10. #10
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by -Zephyr- View Post
    And, why ?
    Useless, lag, ugly
    Leamos --> Completionist + Epic Completionist

    Arena PVP matchs are the only real end-game... still waiting that community will understand and let turbine to implement it.

  11. #11
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,889

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by -Zephyr- View Post
    How is a VIP buying a 12 month sub once a year providing any more "constant monthly" benefit than a premium player ?



    And, why ?
    Businesses like to predict their revenue in advance. So, having people subscribing allows them to predict they will have X amount of revenue over Y time. As a fine example of this, the company I work for now requires me to predict how many hours I will be working at the client company four weeks in advance. This is updated every week when I submit my hours worked. So, anything Turbine can do to make VIP attractive enough to get more people subscribing is a good thing for them.

  12. #12
    Community Member kned225's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    552

    Default

    Turbine is not gonna give a thing to premiums. It would contradict their current "go-vip" push

    Its a gamble. Premiums might decide they're not being treated fairly and quit, but if they're willing to quit instead of pay $5/month, no big loss

  13. #13
    Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    3,034

    Default No no no no no no no no no no no

    As a VIP that went Premium, if you want perks become a VIP.

    Let's compare how much money you have put into the game. I have paid Turbine around $1500 over six years and three months.

    By your entitlement method, if your dollar amount is less than my dollar amount, you are not entitled to the same thing as I am. Conversely, if you have paid more, you are entitled to more than I am.

    What Turbine is offering is not enough to entice me to become a VIP again. Turbine will still make me buy the new expansion packs. All the other stuff in the game is pointless bits and bites.

    No more of this entitlement thinking. If you want it, earn it, go VIP.
    Last edited by moomooprincess; 11-22-2013 at 06:11 AM.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

    Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

  14. #14
    Community Member Vellrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)
    Posts
    6,714

    Default

    I don't like what vip offers, so I don't buy it.

    It'd be nice to have extra stuff for free, depending how much each player spent.

    I'd pay somewhere between 3 and 5 dollars/month for the only vip perk that matters: elite open, but its meh, if I can put LFM or play with guild.

  15. #15
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,889

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    I don't like what vip offers, so I don't buy it.

    It'd be nice to have extra stuff for free, depending how much each player spent.

    I'd pay somewhere between 3 and 5 dollars/month for the only vip perk that matters: elite open, but its meh, if I can put LFM or play with guild.
    If you don't like what VIP offers, then why do you still want what VIP offers (without being VIP)?

  16. #16
    Community Member Vellrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)
    Posts
    6,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coyopa View Post
    If you don't like what VIP offers, then why do you still want what VIP offers (without being VIP)?
    I don't like/care for the following:
    -classes
    -races
    -questpacks
    -challenges
    -early beta acces
    -extra AH slots
    -extra XP
    -extra run speed in public
    -monster manuals (lol 2 volumes, and next not probably not coming)
    -bunch of other junk


    Theese are things I won't pay for.
    If they want my money, they can offer me separate time based elite open for whatever they price that.

    The rest of junk they throw in to vip is irrelevant, and, from my point of viev, just increases the price of only important feature in entire package.

  17. #17
    Community Member 2x4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    577

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by -Zephyr- View Post
    How is a VIP buying a 12 month sub once a year providing any more "constant monthly" benefit than a premium player ?
    Actually this argument works against the premium choice. Using this logic no one should be premium and instead pay the 1 year VIP subscription. Good idea. And I suggest you do it now because there is a special VIP bonus going on for the next 30 days, so you would get an added bonus to your annual subscription. See everyone wins. VIP is an exclusive club, expanding it to other categories of players makes it NOT exclusive. Pretty clear why these perks should remain with the VIP's, right? As I stated in a thread I started yesterday. This is a brilliant way to reward the VIP subscription and make it more attractive. This should become a regular feature and watch the VIP's grow. It's brilliant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    To repeat what has already been said (numerous times, including once already in this thread): The DDO team is made up of a wide diversity of players, covering just about the entire spectrum of the player base. We have some that I believe would self-identify and in general be considered hardcore, others who are more casual. Some who are into the role play part of the game, some who have played permadeath, many who have spent time and effort acquiring gear and such. They bring both their professional and personal opinions to the decision-making process (in meetings, etc.) It's a good thing! Finally, I'm not at all embarrassed about how I play, not sure where you'd get that idea.

  18. #18
    Community Member Vellrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)
    Posts
    6,714

    Default

    Also, vip would be good offer, if more questpacks were produced.

    People who was vip for last year got new content worth of 1200TP for mere 100 dollars.

  19. #19
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,889

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    I don't like/care for the following:
    -classes
    -races
    -questpacks
    -challenges
    -early beta acces
    -extra AH slots
    -extra XP
    -extra run speed in public
    -monster manuals (lol 2 volumes, and next not probably not coming)
    -bunch of other junk


    Theese are things I won't pay for.
    If they want my money, they can offer me separate time based elite open for whatever they price that.

    The rest of junk they throw in to vip is irrelevant, and, from my point of viev, just increases the price of only important feature in entire package.
    Well, thanks for that. I appreciate you being much more clear about what it is you would like to see them do.

  20. #20
    Community Member Greyhawk6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Posts
    169

    Default

    I have four accounts, 1 VIP and three premium accounts. I've bought plenty for my premium accounts - the only thing that would be awesome would be to say if you buy up to 2000 TP eventually on a premium you can get a free character slot up to the VIP allocation. That would be awesome.

    Failing that, i'd accept a reduction in benefits for all my premium accounts if we could just get the loot variety we had before....seriously its just monotonous now.

    As an altaholic I'd prefer toon slots over xp buffs any day.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload