Community Member

Default 16 Sorcerer/2 Paladin/2 Monk confusion!

I am looking to make this build, but I am really confused about what weapons I would use? Do I stay focused and use either hand wraps or staff or does being focused not matter? I assume I do not need any spell feats except extend really and the rest I get like improved crit, cleave etc to make my melee better. This is a 36 point warforged build with +4 tome of supreme ability applied as I level. I am also willing to go lower than 16 Sorc since I only really want it for the sorc past life feat. I need at least sorc 12 for reconstruct though and the top eldritch knight enhancements! Any info would be welcomed!

Actually now I was kinda thinking about 12sorc/6monk/2paladin for extra feats and the speed boost?
    Last edited by BuyerSeller; 11-21-2013 at 05:02 PM.

I am looking to make this build, but I am really confused about what weapons I would use?
    Typically 16/2/2 is a caster build, not a melee build.

This is a 36 point warforged build with +4 tome of supreme ability applied as I level]
    Doesn't really matter - 28-point sorc builds typically out-dps everything until epic levels. (fireball for the win!!)

I am also willing to go lower than 16 Sorc since I only really want it for the sorc past life feat.
    Don;t build an Eldritch Knight for a Sorc PL - build a Sorc with 2 rogue levels or 2 Arti levels for trapping. You'll blow through content faster with a 18/2 Sorc/Rogue than just about any other build and then TR to get your past life.

I need at least sorc 12 for reconstruct though and the top eldritch knight enhancements! Any info would be welcomed!
    Ahhh - now I understand the confusion - you want an Eldritch Knight Melee Sorc Build - not a 16/2/2 build.

I haven't played much with this, but here's a thought:

12 Sorc (Reconstruct, Quicken - I don't think you'll need any other "caster feats")
    6 Fighter (extra feat, PA, Cleave, GC, Mithril Body/Adamantine Body)
    2 Pally (Basically for Saves only - if you're not doing epic content and are TRing when you hit 20 then don;t do this)

OR

12 Sorc (See above)
    6 Fighter (See Above without the body feats)
    2 Monk (Evasion and Centered)

OR (you'll lose the Sorc PL)

12 Ftr (PDK) (centered w/ any weapon and CHA based damage)
    6 Sorc(EDK enhancements and Fireball)
    2 Monk (Evasion)
    "Melkorr (Completionist "Toaster of Vengeance") ~ Angrond (TWF Jugg) ~ Telchacar ~ Celebrimor (Bank) ~ Manados
    Thelanis

Officer of The Innfellows

Community Member

Tyvm for the reply, but a few things first. I did not realize 16/2/2 was still a caster build I figured it would be melee with caster stuff to buff and debuff etc so that is cool. I have never played a Sorc so I guess the DCs do not matter as much for pure damage spells. The build has to have the ability to get the sorc past life when I TR also. I want Paladin 2 for divine grace and I want to mix that with evasion so that is a must. I did not want to do traps since I have played a wiz/rog for years and wanted something new and different. So basically that solves a lot if I can still be a good caster with 16/2/2 since the only reason I was going eldritch knight is because I thought I had no choice really and would be melee focused. So either way you helped with some questions I had!

16/2/2 was the old melee sorc Tukaws build. A revamped version is here https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...9-Tukaw-Reborn
    You could probably adapt it to use the Eldritch Knight Enhancements.
    Orien- Kelerak(completionist)/Cetus, Keleryn/Zeus, Kertha/Ice Bard, Kelerah/Barbarian
    ]