Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425 LastLast

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Nascoe View Post
    ..................saying how stupid they are standing around.
    Hey, I tell my wife that everytime she asks me to go shopping on Black Friday!!!!
    Turbine technical team grabs d20, rolls another 1.

Community Member

Cool chuckle

Quote Originally Posted by pcgamer1971 View Post
    Hey, I tell my wife that everytime she asks me to go shopping on Black Friday!!!!
    touché

Quote Originally Posted by AzB View Post
    Just called CS and was told they were unaware there was a problem until just a little while ago. Apparently, they reset the servers and went home last night.
    Wow, monitoring your own official games CS and Tech forum via Smartphone and/or tablet device.....................gasp.

Shockingly inept, also I wonder what is the "official communications channel?" common sense tells mean it's the Official Forums.
    Last edited by pcgamer1971; 11-22-2013 at 09:30 AM.

I think a proper and reasonable solution to this is to find out where Cordovan lives and next time this happens a bunch of us go sing Christmas carols under his window until the problem is acknowledged and maybe even resolved.
    LOL!! I'll just add, because there are some very scary people on here that love to spread the hate, this is NOT a good idea :-)

Wow, monitoring your own official games CS and Tech forum via Smartphone and/or tablet device.....................gasp.

Shockingly inept.
    Inept? Yes. Shocking? Not really. There's very little left that would shock me.

And no, that's not a challenge to find a way to electrocute me with my own laptop Turbine!

Apparently, they reset the servers and went home last night.
    Appalling. How dare they have lives?

Anybody who thinks they didnt know about cannith problem looooong before this morning is in dreamland. If they acknowledged it, they woulda had to pull an all-nighter fixing it. I wouldnt wanna do that either when most of the servers ARE working

Better to stay quiet and then say "really, it wasnt working?? Sorry, didnt know", and fix it when you have to work anyway

Quote Originally Posted by kned225 View Post

Anybody who thinks they didnt know about cannith problem looooong before this morning is in dreamland. If they acknowledged it, they woulda had to pull an all-nighter fixing it. I wouldnt wanna do that either when most of the servers ARE working

Better to stay quiet and then say "really, it wasnt working?? Sorry, didnt know", and fix it when you have to work anyway
    Well, they still aren't publicly acknowledging that there is any issue. I called again to customer service line, they said they are "looking into it", but without any acknowledgement then clearly they aren't yet convinced there is any real issue.

I can say it enough, if you want to get Cannith fixed, call the support line and complain. Every call costs them $$$, and that is the way management will pay attention.

Community Member

Just called CS and was told they were unaware there was a problem until just a little while ago. Apparently, they reset the servers and went home last night.

It's pretty clear that no one checks the forums, had no idea there has been a problem for the last 15 hours or so, and they are probably just getting the coffee machine up and running first before tackling whatever fun hell getting the server back online will be.

In the future we need to make sure to use the correct communication channels. The forum is largely ignored except when it is advantageous to the devs. (And who could blame them, the level of negativity and venom is incredibly high here)

I think a proper and reasonable solution to this is to find out where Cordovan lives and next time this happens a bunch of us go sing Christmas carols under his window until the problem is acknowledged and maybe even resolved.
    This has to be the answer. But still, I know there's people working there at night for whatever. Ghallanda used to crash every weekend at odd hours late at night and it was always restarted quickly.

You'd think... I don't know. Just seems odd.

Here's an oddity...

I can login to Khyber and load a character no problem.

I can log into Cannith and get my character screen. If I try to load my alt Kheegan... I get a timeout after xx minutes. If I go straight back to Cannith and login to my main, it loads. If I logout back to the character screen and select Kheegan... timeout boot again.

The irony - I had just made a GS blank on Kheegan for a guildie and tele's to Kundarak bank to jump back to the ship and hand it too him. Kheegan crapped out zoning when trying to exit the bank.

Lesson? - Stay out of the bank!
    Olds, Proud Member of The Silver Legion on Cannith
    http://www.guildmedieval.com/

I think you don't get some point man. This is their job even if that's only a game. This is a business where people make money. I'm working on IT company and I'm in Europe. Most of our client are on USA and we have people that work night time to support customer and fix problem. You know what will happen if our paying customer doesn't get any answer after 14 hours? The man who supposed to do customer support will be fired the day after and we lost a client or mabye more. You make business if you have client that buy you're product but if you're not good at it you better close.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanhooger View Post
    I think you don't get some point man. This is their job even if that's only a game. This is a business where people make money. I'm working on IT company and I'm in Europe. Most of our client are on USA and we have people that work night time to support customer and fix problem. You know what will happen if our paying customer doesn't get any answer after 14 hours? The man who supposed to do customer support will be fired the day after and we lost a client or mabye more. You make business if you have client that buy you're product but if you're not good at it you better close.
    You are right some people do not get it. They look at it as game = play instead of game = my business. No excuse in the age of instant modern communications to not know about issues and then to at least acknowledge them.

Most people understand **** happens i.e. last weeks power outage.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanhooger View Post

A ridiculous comparison unless all your customers are video game providers. Some things really can wait

What answer are u waiting for? The "we're aware of it" answer? You really dont think theyre aware of it? Cmon

OBVIOUSLY they'll fix it when the can. And have had a good nights sleep and some coffee. You might wanna skip the coffee

A ridiculous comparison unless all your customers are video game providers. Some things really can wait

What answer are u waiting for? The "we're aware of it" answer? You really dont think theyre aware of it? Cmon

OBVIOUSLY they'll fix it when the can. And have had a good nights sleep and some coffee. You might wanna skip the coffee
    Obviously you dont know what business mean. Neither turbine

They look at it as game = play instead of game = my business.
    Oddly, the hand-wringing crowd here have the opposite problem

You are right.

My Steam wishlist included top three:
    1) Dungeons & Dragons Online: Menace of the Underdark
    2) Dungeons & Dragons Online: Shadowfell Conspiracy Collector's Edition
    3) Lord of the Rings Online - Helm’s Deep Premium Edition

Unable to play either LOTRO and DDO because of "being logged off" I bought
    4) Competitions game
    5) Competitions game
    6) Competitions game

Thats about $120 in lost sales from me.
    Additional sales from both my son and brother returning to DDO themselves around $150.

Grand total of lost sales due to game issues around $270ish-$300ish not counting possible VIP subscriptions.

Please never go into business.
    Last edited by pcgamer1971; 11-22-2013 at 10:37 AM.

Oddly, the hand-wringing crowd here have the opposite problem
    Yes expecting a game that has 6000TP's on it to allow me to be logged on for more than 2 minutes at a time in the last 2 days is assnine.

Community Member

Default Cannith is still down

I just spoke to CS and they said that they haven't heard anything official from the techs, but since everyone is posting about it on the forums then there must be a problem.

You are right.

My Steam wishlist included top three:
    1) Dungeons & Dragons Online: Menace of the Underdark
    2) Dungeons & Dragons Online: Shadowfell Conspiracy Collector's Edition
    3) Lord of the Rings Online - Helm’s Deep Premium Edition

Unable to play wither LOTRO and DDO because of "being logged off" I bought
    4) Competitions game
    5) Competitions game
    6) Competitions game

Thats about $120 in lost sales from me.
    Additional sales from both my son and brother returning to DDO themselves around $150.

Grand total of lost sales due to game issues around $270ish-$300ish.

Please never go into business.

Are u saying you would've stayed and spent that money here if ONLY someone at turbine....ANYONE....would have come here, gently held your hand and stated the obvious? That theyre looking into it and they'll get them working when they can?

Yes expecting a game that has 6000TP's on it to allow me to be logged on for more than 2 minutes at a time in the last 2 days is assnine.
    Who said you shouldn't expect it to work? All i said was when it doesnt work, because....like any game, there are times it wont, maybe you should go do something more useful than sitting over your keyboard trying to log on with trembling hands and come back later

Are u saying you would've stayed and spent that money here if ONLY someone at turbine....ANYONE....would have come here, gently held your hand and stated the obvious? That theyre looking into it and they'll get them working when they can?
    Oh I'll stay, F2P that is.

Point to one post on either DDO or the LOTRO forums which both have threads dealing with being disconnected from the servers from yesterday that Turbine has issued a statement on.

Notice you go into kiddie talk mode when presented with what should be common sense business practices.

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425 LastLast