Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by databass View Post
    More on Cannith. Tried logging with a level 10 alt, no dice. My main and all alts are in a guild and parked on the airship. Tried to log onto a bank toon and succeeded, none of my bank toons are in a guild and all are parked in MP bank.
    Just managed to log in with a lvl 26 alt on the airship.

Quote Originally Posted by katz View Post
    i played DragonRealms, EverQuest, Dark Ages of Camelot, Horizons, and City of Heros

i am unphased.

and honestly find the amount of rage over a game having some downtime rather amusing. like your own computer has never crashed. like major networks have never gone down. **** happens. yes it sucks. no we don't have to like it, but raging about it 1. accomplishes nothing, and 2. makes you look foolish.

srsly. all the time the game was up and running... immediately forgotten because OMG the servers went down twice in one week! O NOES. here come the jokes about how the servers are always down yadda yadda. the old worn out jokes that get trotted out each time are so reliable one could set a watch by them. which means i am now expecting someone to make a joke that the jokes are more reliable than Turbine's servers. meh. heh.

i also played GW2. i also have 3 capped toons and 3 more in the low-to-mid ranges. the way GW2 did things was a breath of fresh air. i'd never experienced a game that does it's updates that way. yeah, it'd be nice if everyone does, but i certainly don't expect it.

OMG! if you left GW2 and he left GW2, who's playin it nows?????
    The answer is 42

always

Please make sure to take down the servers every few hours (good job so far)!
    Otherwise i might actually be able to get to play and we don't wanna let the happen right?

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Info gathering for the tech folks: those of you experiencing weird login behavior on Cannith, were you logged in at the time of the server outage, or is this your first attempt to log in today?
    I was not logged in at the time of outage, though it was the last server I had been on. Af

Blogger and Hatchery Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by TechnicallyZero View Post
    OMG! if you left GW2 and he left GW2, who's playin it nows?????
    who said i left? can't i enjoy 2 games at once?

Neecapper the asura guardian will have none of your shennanigans!!!!!

the official home of LOLWUT
    and R.O.G.U.E !
    Pointless/Frivolous/Beguiling/Justanotha Waste of Time, Katzklaw, Pickt d'Locks & etc
    Q: how do you get me to appear in a thread? A: ask a bard question! XD

Community Member

Info gathering for the tech folks: those of you experiencing weird login behavior on Cannith, were you logged in at the time of the server outage, or is this your first attempt to log in today?
    I was logged in at the time of the original server outage, got back in when Cannith came back up give or take 10 minutes.
    My Toons:
    DWP - Fighter/Favored Soul, Olur Takun - Something, Perddy Elfie - Artificer, Tamqil Jemhar - Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Culver.Civello View Post
    Actually... no. I'm not surprised at all. XD

Anyways, on my wish list for compensation....

+
    Hamster cosmetic pets... I want to name mine Hamtaro
    Ham and taro go well together its true, but personally I prefer ham and kumara .

Default Better Bounce all servers

I just had the same issue on Khyber.

Smile You were supposed to have this fixed by the time I got home from work!

You are all fired!

Na, I work in tech, sometimes you just got work with the gremlins.
    Argonnessen - Glibb Bonefish, Lev 28 pure Elf Ranger

Default thx 4 workin on it

techs get little thx...so there you go! cant believe i fin last 3 bosses in greenwald lane ,in 7 minuites...reset the gold roll again pl also on the 20 min down

My first login of today happened at 7:29, and went perfectly. One minute later I saw a systemwide message "Server coming down at 7:30, please find a safe place to log out". It was 7:30 and I was aboard guild ship, which I deemed safe to log out
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Community Member cherokee83pride's Avatar

Wish I would have screen shot it for you guys, but around that time I got booted from Sarlona and it said I logged into Kyhber, which I have no toons or ever logged into. Then tried to log back in to Sarlona, and almost logged in and it booted me and said I logged onto Orien which I have no toons on or ever logged in it. It did it one more time for Wayfinder too which Ive never logged on to or been on. I had no idea about the server restarts so me being me reset account info and it stopped.

Default Pweeze

Quote Originally Posted by brian14 View Post
    My first login of today happened at 7:29, and went perfectly. One minute later I saw a systemwide message "Server coming down at 7:30, please find a safe place to log out". It was 7:30 and I was aboard guild ship, which I deemed safe to log out

Can I has game?

Quote Originally Posted by brian14 View Post
    Thank you, Tolero and team, for the prompt engagement, and the frequent communication. The communication and transparency is the best thing to make outages and unexpected maintenance palatable.

Any idea what the cause of this instability was? Is it likely that we will suffer this again? If you did come to some root cause, was that something you were able to patch/tweak/correct? Or, will there need to be a future hotfix or patch to correct the issue?

Thanks again!

It's no problem. I'm using my bandwidth to download ESO. (Closed beta weekend starts tomorrow!)

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainPurge View Post
    It's no problem. I'm using my bandwidth to download ESO. (Closed beta weekend starts tomorrow!)
    Hey, me too! I almost had a heart attack when I finally got my invite...

Quote Originally Posted by Ryethielnas View Post
    Hey, me too! I almost had a heart attack when I finally got my invite...
    Same.
    Pity I work this weekend, but still plan on giving it a good look-see.
    “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainPurge View Post
    Reminds me, I got a code for this game and not sure why. If anyone wants it.

Main: 18 Artificer, Thelanis

Community Member

Angry Where does turbine get their sense of time?

Last time I checked 20 minutes did not equal 2400+ seconds...unless they are from the twilight zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Navox View Post
    Last time I checked 20 minutes did not equal 2400+ seconds...unless they are from the twilight zone.
    You've obviously never looked at a quest completion timer...
    Chaeos of Argonessen, Human Rogue/Fighter
    Please re-break AC differently.

Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast