Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Yes, great reaction time, but will the fix be just as fast?

Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    And for all the people that complain about the use of "scheduled".
    Now you know what unscheduled means
    That's right! What he said!

Quote Originally Posted by chipotle47 View Post
    "The definition of success is rebuffing between deaths with great enthusiasm."

Talking not worried

Quote Originally Posted by Draxis View Post
    Considering it's every server, it's likely an issue with the data center's power or internet connection.

I'd wager that this is another hiccup resulting from last week's major power outtage. Maybe they got some maintenance guys in there to fix the backup generator so it doesn't happen again, and one of them inadvertently bumped into the 'Shut Down DDO' button in the process of doing his work?
    yeah im confident they will fix it though.. they got on it pretty dang quickly very nice indeed

Community Member

Considering it's every server, it's likely an issue with the data center's power or internet connection.

I'd wager that this is another hiccup resulting from last week's major power outtage. Maybe they got some maintenance guys in there to fix the backup generator so it doesn't happen again, and one of them inadvertently bumped into the 'Shut Down DDO' button in the process of doing his work?
    At least with Ghallanda, it felt like a good-old crash, complete with server-wide zoning lag. Perhaps it's unrelated, or perhaps Ghallanda has spread its disease game-wide.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    And for all the people that complain about the use of "scheduled".
    Now you know what unscheduled means
    I was thinking that, but really did not want to stirr that discussion again

I doubt that's the case, because when the power-outage-issue occurred, they (Turbine) were unable to post either, if memory serves. This time they could, and did.

Any other theories?
    Quote Originally Posted by chipotle47 View Post
    "The definition of success is rebuffing between deaths with great enthusiasm."

thx 4 quick response;i was lucky there just in intro of a dungeon...GL to you all ,who were dep intrenched
    Mercyful Fate/ King Diamond link{ http://www.kingdiamondcoven.com } /''horror and moral terror are your friends'',Col. Kurtz/King Diamond Coven , lvl 79Ghallanda /43 Sarlona

Quote Originally Posted by Piggly_wiggly View Post
    How appropriate lol

Community Member

The fact they got it so "quickly" either means that
    a) one of them devs was playing with us instead of working and is just as aggravated as us over the worlds crashing on him/her
    b) They actually scheduled this and forgot to announce it...
    c) They knew it would happen from the data center but didn't bother announcing it
    d) all of the above - except why is the guy at A angry did turbine not tell him either?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by onixspider View Post
    ooo speaking of entertainment.. gonna look up this really funny ddo video i found on youtube and share it with yall.. hope thats okay!
    here we go, i love this freagin video and wish i could find this guy.. i wanna quest with him!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-n14Rr-9iY

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rubix View Post
    I doubt that's the case, because when the power-outage-issue occurred, they (Turbine) were unable to post either, if memory serves. This time they could, and did.

Any other theories?
    Yes, just a normal crash. It's just confusing because it's all servers at once. Ghallanda was acting up before the crash, the same way it does any other time it crashes and needs a restart. No other servers were reporting that though. Then boom, they all went down.

Quick, slide in the change to the COVs while the servers are down...
    Favorhor, Rangedeath, Inthedark, Healemup, Axaleal, Hackemlow, Singasong, Intheback

Quote Originally Posted by andy310 View Post
    The fact they got it so "quickly" either means that
    a) one of them devs was playing with us instead of working and is just as aggravated as us over the worlds crashing on him/her
    b) They actually scheduled this and forgot to announce it...
    c) They knew it would happen from the data center but didn't bother announcing it
    d) all of the above - except why is the guy at A angry did turbine not tell him either?
    hahaha i wouldnt doubt it! i do like answer A the best though haha

Community Member
    lillyeon,shineyaura,tinnyminny,nazumi,reylina,silentand,

Lightbulb ?????

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    We are currently investigating connection issues with the DDO game servers. Thanks for your patience!
    any ideas as to why this happened??

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by beta1 View Post
    Too many people are playing when they should be working, so Turbine is trying to improve the world economy by getting people back to work!
    Work is Overrated. Besides isn't the axiom that you always leave the people wanting more
    When I am good I am very good and when I am bad I am better

At least now I can truly get rid of the piking jerkoff that kept following me from quests to quest and jumping on my lfm as soon as I entered.

Yeah, I know I could close it, but I like to leave it open for people who are actually wanting to try to play. Shame you cant eject players who don't move, speak or do anything else within a given period of time...
    The answer is 42

always

Let's talk compenstation for personal suffering due to the crash.

I for one am traumatized and can only be helped by at +3 loot bonus or another Raiders Box - the last two were soooo yummy

Community Member
    lillyeon,shineyaura,tinnyminny,nazumi,reylina,silentand,

Talking please

praying to the sever gods please help the severs come back up lol

Brand / Commerce Manager Tolero's Avatar

No news from the techs yet. It's different than what happened previously - previously it was a power outage (which also nuked our ability to get to the launcher or forums). This time those services are fine, game servers are down (also for Asheron's Call, but not for LOTRO). So it's something different.

Quote Originally Posted by jessy101 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by jessy101 View Post
    While in the process of upgrading the hamsters to USA bred red squirrels, someone dropped a nut and chaos ensued. They are trying to get the hamsters going and capture the escaped squirrels, as we speak.
    The answer is 42

always

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast