Community Member

Default Automatic repairs: Tooltips wrong, power amazing

I don't know how many people have noticed that the second rank of this enhancement is one of the very, very, few things in DDO which gives completely unlimited healing. Well, repairing.

The tooltip seems to be very wrong. For Rank 2, it claims the iron defender repairs itself every 12 seconds (true) and that it also repairs you every 6 seconds (false). It repairs both every 12. Rank 3, it seems to repair itself every 6 seconds, and me every 12. And that does require construct essence or being warforged. BUT.

So this isn't gonna exactly win any speed-healing competition prizes. But... It's still unlimited healing. No spell points to run out. If you can get somewhere quiet, and wait, you have full health.

The only other completely unlimited healing I can think of is the eternal wand of cure minor wounds. I think the dog's better.

Cost: 13AP and at least a couple levels of artificer.
    Yes, that seebs.
    Not having fun anymore? Learn to play, noob!

Community Member

A note: This can get bugged out and stop working, so the doggy only repairs itself. It appears this is affected by circumstances where the dog can't reach you, and getting him stuck and calling him so he teleports to you sometimes unsticks it.
    Yes, that seebs.

Does it only work with the dog summoned?

I'm used to not have my dog summoned on my Juggernaut.

Quote Originally Posted by Ykt View Post

Yes you need to dog summoned and it needs to be close to you.

Its a really great enhancement.
    Even if you dont use your dog you can park it and call it if you have down time to heal you. Such as Von 5 when you might be standing around for a few minutes.

I play flesh,and it even works if you have construct essence.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ykt View Post

Yeah, it does need the dog. And there's no combat log messages for it, just green numbers if any actual healing occurs.

The power only seems to heal the player every 12 seconds even at tier 3, but Oh Well.

I've been using it on a monk/arti build, and basically I just leave the dog on passive and go beat stuff up, and the fact that I have the dog means that I start new fights at full health without resting. Very effective.
    Yes, that seebs.