No one in the world ever gets what they want
And that is beautiful
Everybody dies frustrated and sad
And that is beautiful
Thank you for listening Turbine! I know there will be some outcry against this but honestly this is a solution that accomplishes both what the players (ability to earn hearts on any toon) and Turbine (BTC comm's) want. I have no opinion on the 42 vs 25 thing brought up as I haven't played enough to form that opinion but just being able to farm these on any toon is an enormous boon.
Tajawuka 20 Bladeforged Paladin running divine ETR's (3 ranger/monk/fighter pl's, 3 martial epl's) - Toolbots working on Morninglord Cleric life #2 (3 wizard/sorc/druid pl) - Evisra 28 rogue
and some how i doubt that last part would ever happen...
Well, it helps ease the "pain" of earning Comms but instead of addressing the problem you created another ingredient and a quick fix.
Gary Gygax quotes
The essence of a role-playing game is that it is a group, cooperative experience.
There is no winning or losing, but rather the value is in the experience of imagining yourself as a character in whatever genre you are involved in, whether its a fantasy game, the Wild West, secret agents or whatever else. You get to sort of vicariously experience those things.
Role-playing isn't storytelling. If the dungeon master is directing it, its not a game.
When AI approximates Machine Intelligence, than many online and computer run RPGs will move toward actual RPG activity. Nonetheless, that will not replace the experience of "being there" anymore than seeing a theatrical motion picture can replace the stage play.
The secret we should never let the game masters know is that they don't need any rules.
Face it, some people are just not fulfilled unless they find something to complain about. Some of these people would complain if Turbine gave every character $100 as a gift of appreciation because the check was mailed instead of hand delivered.
Turbine has proved over the past 6 weeks that they are listening to the playerbase, some people just refuse to see it.
Like this in general. However, I'm still in the camp that says rather than make a new currency to save space, lower the amount of CoV's needed so I move them out of my inventory for stuff (hearts etc.) more frequently.
While we are it, I'd like to see a conversion for Purple Dragon Knight, War Wizard etc. coms for Commendations of Valor.
Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf
Like fragments of the twelve and tokens of the twelve. Good. +1 Thank you for listening and communicating!
edit: like the name and icon - very appropriate and fits in with the existing lore. another +1
Last edited by UurlockYgmeov; 11-20-2013 at 03:55 PM.
Help us help the new players. Adopt a new player today!
Promote your guild the right way: Sponsor a Raid night on your server today!
— Char Builder Lite — Ron's Character Planner — Smithy Alliance —
— DDO-ML — A guide for DDO-ML — How to Access Lamannia —
Just returning to the game? Want to catch up? Click Here
More Bank Space? Leomund's Secret Chest — Guild Management System (GMS) — Demi-God Reincarnation
— OzyMoronic Barbarian (INT Barb+Rog SK) — AirForged the last Firebender (BF Sorc 18 2 Pal) —
Spectacled Librarian with a BIG GIANT HUGE SWORD (INT Ftr+Wiz+Rog) — Koboldowar VetII Arty and Dog
Does this work? Yeah sure I guess it solves the BTC issue but you're adding YET ANOTHER INGREDIENT!? I get it, you want comms of valor to be used for other stuff in the future, but at the same time, every mechanic you've introduced to be "improved in the future" has been left half-assed, I'm not convinced you'll be doing anything with comms of valor because the next big thing will just require a new type of ingredient to make sure everyone starts at 0... We'll see...
Can you now explain how these seeds are any different from epic tokens? Just separate seeds from valor all together, kill valor until you have a tangible use for them (not a potential future use) and have seeds drop in end chests. This is the only solution that solves all the issues with your current system (not competing with end rewards, no stupidly strict ransack mechanism, BTA etc.)
The issue with epic tokens was the mechanism to use them, not acquire them...
good change even tho I hate another ingredient this one is completely optional and leaves the cov as they are for the other uses you guys have in mind ...sooner than later I hope
I still think dropping it down to 3000 is in order and even then you would have to take every single reward as cov's it would be awesome if it could be coded like challenges and the "score" of the quest was tied to the comms u got the more u kill and the more optionals you do the bigger the payout.
And your domain name is expired.
And if you're counting those ridiculously lame potions as a reason for why they should remain BTC... well..
Thank you for listening and reacting positively.
Thanks very much for listening and bringing the fix in !
You have a very happy customer with yet again demonstrating that turbine does indeed listen ( fanboi much lol )
Although I am still concerned 4200 is a little 2 high, I do think now turbine will actively tune things as time goes on.
**runs off to reactivate his lvl 28 Sorc to farm high lvl q**
I think not; it suggests a week or two for people who can play DDO non stop and grind out quests really fast but that's not your average player.
On the other hand 2-3 week for average players seems reasonable. Currently I see a pace of 2-3 months which simply isn't reasonable. Especially given the average pace of leveling up to cap again.
Karma is still too high.
Number of seeds is too high.
And now I not only have Comms taking up inventory space, but yet another item taking up bag space.
I really can't understand why people are liking this at all.
"The sword itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with swords."
Problems with the ER implementation:
- Cost prohibitive. 4200 commendations is an arbitrarily large number.
- Encourages farming. During the Saga implementation, it was noted that the sagas aren't very diverse in terms of game play. There's only 4 options for epic sagas, and 2 of them overlap almost in their entirety. 83% of your Epic content is Level 24 or below, which has horrible acquisition rates for commendations. This pushes players into the same, repetitive content.
- The second largest problem with the saga implementation was that its focus is on unpopular content. Guys, really, most of your players do not like Shadowfell. It was rushed to market. It's incomplete (bad loot implementation). Its design ignores most of the framework of your game (shadar-kai, howlers). It's laggy (insane spawns). Focusing on your failures further diminishes your successes.
- Past lives are too conservative. You're so worried about what happens when you stack 3 or 9 of them, that you've made no single one appealing to get. The incremental progress is not worth deciding to commit to this game avenue. The cliche is "In for a penny, in for a pound" to keep people on the hamster wheel. Not "take the plunge". 6.6 million XP for +1 weapon enchant, +2 AC, or 2% doublestrike is absurd. All of the effects of past lives can typically be purchased with the first 2 AP a character gets. They're not worth an entire life or epic life to get.
Heroic past lives are a base of 5%:
- 5% Healing Amp.
- Assuming you're on the die, +1 Dc is 5% success.
- +1 To hit was 5% to hit before the AC changes.
Epic PLs offer less while requiring more.
- The #1 most frequent feedback about Epic Destinies is: ... wait for it... "Grinding Off Destinies Is Not Fun". Designing a system that just ups the ante from 1.98m of unfunness to 6 million xp of unfunness is Epic Fail.
So, huge grind that's not fun for a minuscule payoff. Yea. Skip it.
Turbine's making progress though. The players are abandoning the system before the devs do. That's a first.
Last edited by Systern; 11-20-2013 at 04:47 PM.
This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.Reload