Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by donnie42darko View Post
    Quest isn't broken...
    You think being able to take runes out of the quest to use in future runs is WAI ?

Is this really how you feel, or just your defence to claims that you are exploiting your way to a fast completion time?

Quote Originally Posted by Jasparion View Post
    You think being able to take runes out of the quest to use in future runs is WAI ?

Is this really how you feel, or just your defence to claims that you are exploiting your way to a fast completion time?
    I do indeed think it's working as intended. There are other quest where this principle exists. Wiz King comes to mind as well as the two side quests. They drop Seals that can be collected ahead of time to aid in an easier/faster quest. I also think it's fitting of the lore. That some artifacts or relics or runes are brought back to the city and sold for adventurers to use in a future quest. The Gems you collect for SoS in Reaver's Refuge shares this mechanic as well.

I wouldn't really want to say that it should be done this way at level... though possible. After the recent changes to optional xp compounded with FTB and BB not to mention loot... and when I say loot, I mean there is something for everyone in Tempest Spine. In fact that if it were to go lvl 30+ epic there could be best in slot items for pretty much every class and build... Armor's that could replace Dragon Sets, and axe that could put SoS to shame... Ultimate Rogue goggles with sneak attack and deadly... an ultimate defensive cloak with invis guard and incorp + displacement clickies... the list goes on and on...

To be quite honest seeing Reaver's Refuge get a full make over and go epic with a saga from Tempest Spine - Giant Hold - Reaver's Refuge would be quite wonderful...

I do indeed think it's working as intended. There are other quest where this principle exists. Wiz King comes to mind as well as the two side quests. They drop Seals that can be collected ahead of time to aid in an easier/faster quest. I also think it's fitting of the lore. That some artifacts or relics or runes are brought back to the city and sold for adventurers to use in a future quest. The Gems you collect for SoS in Reaver's Refuge shares this mechanic as well.

I wouldn't really want to say that it should be done this way at level... though possible. After the recent changes to optional xp compounded with FTB and BB not to mention loot... and when I say loot, I mean there is something for everyone in Tempest Spine. In fact that if it were to go lvl 30+ epic there could be best in slot items for pretty much every class and build... Armor's that could replace Dragon Sets, and axe that could put SoS to shame... Ultimate Rogue goggles with sneak attack and deadly... an ultimate defensive cloak with invis guard and incorp + displacement clickies... the list goes on and on...

To be quite honest seeing Reaver's Refuge get a full make over and go epic with a saga from Tempest Spine - Giant Hold - Reaver's Refuge would be quite wonderful...
    To be honest it is a little broken. The time is still impressive, but you shouldn't be able to use the objects collected in a quest to use them in the same quest on the next run. In fact your examples are all from different quests. In wizking you don't reuse the crest for the initial room, for example, but you bring an object from a different quest to speed up wizking. You can't bring RR flagging mechanics to prove your point either, it can't be compared with Tempest spine.
    Anyway, congrats for your time record

to be fair, the time of acquiring the rune from a previous run has to be added, because without the rune you are unable to complete the quest, I would say, if I care, but I do not.
    Last edited by morkahn82; 11-21-2013 at 02:15 AM.

I should post a video of a capped toon completing "Heyton's Rest" in 30 seconds! I agree with previous posters, the fact you had a rune ruins the integrity of the accomplishment. All quest items should drop on exit. I hope griefers don't learn about this.
    Completionist Lighthardtt Tuisian of Sarlona
    leader, Bridge Burners

"Just another day in pair-o'-dice"

Community Member

You're not at level.
    You cheated using an old rune.
    Zaphear(Completionist), Lugziurious, Lugzmeat Shield, Lugzii, Lugziii, Lugzsing Measong - De Profundis

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

It is amusing to see you practically one-shot the endboss; but since you're a lvl 27 FotW monkcher in a lvl 10 raid, it is perhaps less impressive than it initially appears.

BTW, what does pal 3 get you which is better than rgr 12?

Well, if we're demanding all previous resource acquisitions be rolled into the time, technically all the time leveling to 27 and all the time acquiring gear, plus any time spent on other characters gathering twink gear or plat, plus all the time spent on other characters learning to play the game better should all be rolled in. Oh, we might as well roll in the time it took to figure out the build you're using, and possibly every minute spent reading the forums since that may have made you a better player once or twice. So really all of these "speed runs" probably took months or years. Y'all think you're fast but really you are all terribly slow. The real record should be time from installing the game to the very first solo TS completion! :-P
    </sarcasm>

Personally I think it's a nice accomplishment and I don't care that you picked up the rune through other means. Congratulations!

http://www.xfire.com/video/616f83

Toon: Ivaanna
    Main: Retcarahc
    Guild: Pilchards
    Server: Khyber
    Raid: Tempest Spine
    Completion Time: 2:37
    Previous Record: 17 min - Afraid of Gnomes - Khyber - 29 March 2012 - Update 13

Enjoy
    dont mean to bust your bubble but all post motu claims of speed or time are at the very least suspect since the time keeping mechanism is broken in game. maybe if devs are reading this they will fix it, but theres no way of verifying any such speed runs, as its easy to fudge video times post capture

Cooler than the other side of the pillow!
    Khyber: Furian <|> Puddingforge <|> Fingerstyle <|> Griefling <|> Cowpox

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zibowskij View Post
    ...In wizking you don't reuse the crest for the initial room, for example, but you bring an object from a different quest to speed up wizking....
    Anyway, congrats for your time record
    In Wizking you can loot the red seal from the bottom side's chest... and that seal you can take out of the quest and use it next time to put down the Djinni in second tower
    So you can take something out of the quest to make next time easier (I'll always grab one when doing heroic and save it for epic)

Congratz on your completion Ivaanna
    ABBYdoll : Blond Brain - Huge butt (don't stay behind or you will see nothing)
    ABBYhawk : No Brain - Big Muscles (never trust him)
    Fyros : A noob with a Great Heart (have no expectation and you will be happy)

very interesting! shame it cant be done at level!!! =(

Quote Originally Posted by zaphear View Post
    You're not at level.
    You cheated using an old rune.

Quote Originally Posted by ishr View Post
    dont mean to bust your bubble but all post motu claims of speed or time are at the very least suspect since the time keeping mechanism is broken in game. maybe if devs are reading this they will fix it, but theres no way of verifying any such speed runs, as its easy to fudge video times post capture

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    BTW, what does pal 3 get you which is better than rgr 12?
    Ranger 12 grants... nothing.... Pally 3 grants Fear immunity

Quote Originally Posted by onivedlav View Post
    very interesting! shame it cant be done at level!!! =(
    It CAN be done like this at level... But I wouldn't loose out on all that optional xp and loot...
    Last edited by donnie42darko; 11-21-2013 at 03:29 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Caprice View Post
    Personally I think it's a nice accomplishment and I don't care that you picked up the rune through other means. Congratulations!
    I agree its a neat trick. He should just be open about it.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Ranger 12 grants... nothing.... Pally 3 grants Fear immunity
    Rgr 12 grants access to core enhs: Aligned Arrows from AA, +d6 SA +10 Pos Spellpower from DWS, and +10% offhand procs from Tempest (which AFAIK still works w/handwraps). Dunno if any of those are useful to your build, but I don't consider them nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    Rgr 12 grants access to core enhs: Aligned Arrows from AA, +d6 SA +10 Pos Spellpower from DWS, and +10% offhand procs from Tempest (which AFAIK still works w/handwraps). Dunno if any of those are useful to your build, but I don't consider them nothing.

Aligned arrows: can be crafted and you get to still stand in metalign arrows and save ap

Monkchers don't use handwraps it puts them in un-needed combat which they have a likelihood of dying in.

The Sneak attack and +10 pos spellpower are nice but AP is too tight...

If you want to talk about the build /tell me

Impressive.

Let me play the Devi..., err my own advocate, for a moment. Given the fact that this thread is still open and someone from Turbine officially commenting on the OP's accomplishment, we can see that they clearly don't think that it was an exploit.

Bravo OP for using the outside shortcut to the end of quest. Normally it only starts by taking the path to the right instead of to the left at the INT rune before the Fire and Ice iron golem guardian if you don't have someone with that stat. But getting there from the beginning of the quest was nice thinking.

Also, thanks for opening up the possibility of saving up those runes for future speed runs. Since the runes respawn over time, who knows? We can easily start a lucrative market on the AH or better yet ASAH for those P2W people that need a little help completing such a tremendous task as completing Tempest Spine.

I'm giving your accomplishment a 75% on my naughty scale. I've bought you and a guest a nice ham dinner at Gula's table in Sins. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by LawfulEvil View Post
    Let me play the Devil...

I'm giving your accomplishment a 75% on my naughty scale. I've bought you and a guest a nice ham dinner at Gula's table in Sins. Enjoy!

Community Member

Not bad.
    I may have to give that a shot when I get back to a monkcher build.

~Auraes

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123