Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by donnie42darko View Post
    I used a rune...
    Which you got how?
    gotta to kick at the darkness til it bleeds daylight - B. Cockburn
    Guild Leader - Order of the Silver Dragons
    Mains Darlao Completionist Toogor Wiz28 TR5 Also Listarn Shadar Kai Rogue 20/7 - WhiskyTango CL28 TR4 - Toongor Bd28 TR2 - Sooey Dwarf ConBarb28 Pusshy -WizMo 18/ 2/8+9 More

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonwelder View Post
    Color me stupid but I never see you get a rune yet you put one in to weaken him.....is this an error in the quest or just because you bypass stuff the quest 'gives' you the rune?
    I had a rune... the quest doesn't just give you the runes

Auction house, Shard Exchange, Doing the quest on a past life... I HAD the rune

I had a rune... the quest doesn't just give you the runes
    You're getting all fight clubby on me ....which proves my point it is broken......If I had to guess your using some other 'rune' to break the quest probably crafted stunstones or maybe even draconics from Reavers Refuge . Fine if that is what it is......then the quest is mildly broken and likely will never get fixed due the fact that no one at level for XP will be able to do what you did.
    Mains Darlao Completionist Toogor Wiz28 TR5 Also Listarn Shadar Kai Rogue 20/7 - WhiskyTango CL28 TR4 - Toongor Bd28 TR2 - Sooey Dwarf ConBarb28 Pusshy -WizMo 18/ 2/8+9 More

You're getting all fight clubby on me ....which proves my point it is broken......If I had to guess your using some other 'rune' to break the quest probably crafted stunstones or maybe even draconics from Reavers Refuge . Fine if that is what it is......then the quest is mildly broken and likely will never get fixed due the fact that no one at level for XP will be able to do what you did.

Ok ninja'd by your own post......but my point is - still broken as those things are normally used up in quest completion and/or are supposed to drop on leaving the quest.

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

The video skips around, so I don't really see how this is legit.

Quote Originally Posted by Seikojin View Post
    Nah - I think the time is reasonable to get to Sorjek - there is a path around the outside that can get you to the last outer exit - you need FF, leap of faith or some such (twist) and good speed/jump to do that......the only real issue is the fact that it circumvents getting even one rune from the main portion of the quest - this is how he does it so much faster than the prior record.

Ok ninja'd by your own post......but my point is - still broken as those things are normally used up in quest completion and/or are supposed to drop on leaving the quest.

Quest isn't broken...

I used a Rune to turn off his invulnerability. He still has his Damage Reduction, which is massive especially at level as well as is damage bonus' from the other runes. Like it or not, and even if you think it's borked because the runes don't dissolve when you leave, which they never have for this quest, just like Tear or Harbor quests... it can be done in 6 minutes or less by going through and getting the correct rune. This is an awesome Raid with lots of chests. It was put together to show the difference between dungeon crawling and XP per min.

Same goes for Stormcleave Outpost... You can crawl the dungeon and hit every chest and get all the stolen barrels and all the side quests... or you can light the pillars take the one rune for the earth Ele to get rid of the regen, kill giant and ddoor back for completion....

However you roll.
    Last edited by donnie42darko; 11-24-2013 at 10:21 AM.

Nah the audio is off because I was playing my 6 minute video in the background. I can do it again with clean audio...

...you need FF, leap of faith or some such (twist) and good speed/jump to do that......
    Nah it's just a shortcut... you can get there on a ground path the whole way....

Quote Originally Posted by jakeelala View Post
    Gimp

Here is another one with cleaner audio

http://www.xfire.com/video/617000

Buffs when stepped in = 58:21
    Buffs at Completion = 55:45

Difference = 2:36

Lost a couple seconds not having sprint boost on a hotbar, having to recast Invis because I broke it with Primal scream and the gate caught me this time... could'a done it in 2:30...

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    That was impressive! You've got me wanting to try it. Very interesting!
    Do it soon Cordovan, because you know one of your colleagues will put an invisible wall somewhere like they do in all quests that can be short-cutted (i.e.: Big Top. Maze of Madness).
    Quote Originally Posted by moomooprincess View Post
    I ran Where there is Smoke ELITE on a level 4, first life 28 hit point rogue, never TRd, no guild buffs, using a hireling cleric. One shotted two times at the first dog area.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesrali View Post
    Go munt your grandma while wearing my freeway mitt!
    Main toons on G-land: IronMunter, Iamhal, Mehhh, Dahh

Quote Originally Posted by cave_diver View Post
    Do it soon Cordovan, because you know one of your colleagues will put an invisible wall somewhere like they do in all quests that can be short-cutted (i.e.: Big Top. Maze of Madness).

When I used the boots of propulsion it saved me a... 20 second run around the corner... You have never really walked around on the outside of this quest have you?
    Last edited by donnie42darko; 11-24-2013 at 10:22 AM.

Community Member

And no, DDO's Time for completion is broken and has been for quite some time. From the second i zone in until the second I get completion is actually about 2:36 seconds. Was aiming for 2:30 but that Ice Flenser got in my way.
    It's called DR breaking, look it up :P

Also I would suggest you try to put auto attack (drag attack from the feats to hotbar) and simply CTRL the enemy nearby while moving to the puzzle tile... that ought to cut the extra 6 seconds.

http://www.xfire.com/video/616f83

Toon: Ivaanna
    Main: Retcarahc
    Guild: Pilchards
    Server: Khyber
    Raid: Tempest Spine
    Completion Time: 2:37
    Previous Record: 17 min - Afraid of Gnomes - Khyber - 29 March 2012 - Update 13

Enjoy
    You must have been really bored Absie
    * * * Koneka * * *
    --- Lunarko ------------------ Koneka ------------------ Lunako ---

Quote Originally Posted by cave_diver View Post
    I sure hope not. I use that way of getting in if I get thrown off the top during the end fight, or to help others who either get lost or thrown off, and don't know how to get back in.

Quote Originally Posted by Singular View Post
    Wow, well done! I didn't even know you could run around the mountain like that.
    when I join Pugs of tempest spine at level I run around the mountain in a lackadaisical fashion collecting kills for the mountain side optional then I come thru the door at the top about the same time the rest of the party it getting there.

Community Member

Nice work.

Regarding the runes, there has been times when I've joined a Tempest raid late, and as I catch up, notice that the runes were not picked up. I usually grab them, and sometimes the party finishes before I reach the end. I finish out, and find them in my inventory still. I usually throw them on the AH for 10pp, and they usually sell.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    This is the official forum. Wear a thick skin and abandon all hope all ye who enter here.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast