Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

I've been trying to work out a very similar build to TR my Human 18/1/1 Trapmonkey into. How does this build need to be modified for me to make good use out of my bag of Khopeshi?

just for fyi, I'd probably lr20 into fighter 1st, ER Primal, then immediately TR into the 15/4/1. I'd like to stay human...
    Quote Originally Posted by Towrn
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

Quote Originally Posted by BOgre View Post
    I've been trying to work out a very similar build to TR my Human 18/1/1 Trapmonkey into. How does this build need to be modified for me to make good use out of my bag of Khopeshi?
    My 18/1/1 has the below khopeshi . . .

- 6 tier 3 Green-steel
    - two epic chaos blades
    - 3 tier 3 Alchemicals (made before MoTU)
    - Every possible useful HB of GB with the appropriate metal type

At level 23 . . . it's Balizardes and Celestias. Was nightmares to before they got nerfed to oblivion. he doesn't even have the khopesh feat any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    At level 23 . . . it's Balizardes and Celestias.
    Ha, so your heavy dude is back to light blades ? ( Baliz main , Celestia off hand ? ) .That didn't last too long lol.
    Shahang Nezhat Bellezza Wipekin Farida of Ghallanda

Quote Originally Posted by Encair View Post
    Ha, so your heavy dude is back to light blades ? ( Baliz main , Celestia off hand ? ) .That didn't last too long lol.
    Two of each.

With the nightmare nerfed heavy-blades are garbage above level 22. All of my TWFers are light blades.

if you blitz full time the hammers are the best weapons but I'm 95% of the time (except when friggin karma farming) in fury.

just for fyi, I'd probably lr20 into fighter 1st, ER Primal, then immediately TR into the 15/4/1. I'd like to stay human...
    Well you really want to go Human then anyway. Take the extra feat for Prof. Khopeh and exchange Impr. Crit. Bludg. for Slashing (obviously). Should be alright then.
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

Quote Originally Posted by kgoodson3 View Post
    "I'd be tempted to go 11ran/5rog/4pal for dagger specialization and rogue skills since ranger has nothing tier 5 worth taking on this build." Quote

This makes a ton of sense. As someone who has rolled a lot of Rangers lately (and who settled on 12 Ranger/8 Fighter because I took Kensai Level 5 instead of Tempest 5 and I'm tired of Monk) Rogue/Paladin/Fighter splashes are excellent. Exposing strike lends itself naturally to sneak attack damage from the DWS tree and is probably the best way to squeeze DPS out of a melee ranger.

12 Ranger 5 Rogue 3 Paladin is also an option. Pick up 10% off-hand lose Divine Might until Epic Levels (Twist spot).
    Hm, that's a though one. I'd really go 12 Ranger though, you don't want to have 90% offhand. But the need to sacrifice one twist for turn unead hurts aswell, of course. Really hard decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Encair View Post
    Possessed monkey is nothing.
    Forehead size :
    1) Halfling
    2) Klingon
    3) ...

Gimme uncanny valley helves anytime.
    Female halflings are much better proportioned, and don't run so funny either.

But all that aside, I like the build, and may try it or some variation of it.
    Last edited by Izdaari; 11-21-2013 at 03:05 PM.

Two of each.

With the nightmare nerfed heavy-blades are garbage above level 22. All of my TWFers are light blades.

if you blitz full time the hammers are the best weapons but I'm 95% of the time (except when friggin karma farming) in fury.

I hear you, I really do. The problem for me is that basing a rebuild on 4 pieces of CitW loot just isn't for me. First it could take months or forever to get them, and second I'm just not a fan of chasing loot with respecs. By the time I found the gear, it'd be outdated... So I'm perfectly happy to stick to my chosen weapon and make the best of it.

@Eth: Yeah, obvious is obvious... I guess my question relates more to the lack of Mornh, and to EDs, specifically Pulverizer. Since I'd be staying Khopesh mostly, plus Balizarde sometimes, is there a synergous effect I should be looking to swap in, to make up for the loss of Mornh's Stuns?

Oh, and thanks very much for the build as-is. Gives me a great starting point and some good ideas to fix what I was planning Kudos.
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

I hear you, I really do. The problem for me is that basing a rebuild on 4 pieces of CitW loot just isn't for me. First it could take months or forever to get them, and second I'm just not a fan of chasing loot with respecs. By the time I found the gear, it'd be outdated... So I'm perfectly happy to stick to my chosen weapon and make the best of it.

@Eth: Yeah, obvious is obvious... I guess my question relates more to the lack of Mornh, and to EDs, specifically Pulverizer. Since I'd be staying Khopesh mostly, plus Balizarde sometimes, is there a synergous effect I should be looking to swap in, to make up for the loss of Mornh's Stuns?

Oh, and thanks very much for the build as-is. Gives me a great starting point and some good ideas to fix what I was planning Kudos.
    Not sure what you mean with the loss of Mornhs stun This build has no stunning blow.
    If you want to go for that go human and take Rgr14/Pal4/Fgt2. Extra Fighter Feat lets you take Stunning Blow and gives you access to 3 DC from Fighter Tier2 enhancements. In LD tree drop Pulverizer and Anvil of Thunder to pick up the +6Combat DCs. Still won't be the greatest stunning DC but workable (somewhere in the mid 60s).
    I guess your best bet on weapons would be a drop khopesh with stunning

Edit: Oh, or where you talking of Anvil of Thunder? That's a fun ability, but it's totally unreliable. I use it always when off timer, but it's more a nice extra than anything else.
    Having that doesn't make or break the build. But it's funny to stun things you wouldn't normally expect to get stunned (works on any non red named).
    Last edited by Eth; 11-22-2013 at 03:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    Not sure what you mean with the loss of Mornhs stun This build has no stunning blow.
    If you want to go for that go human and take Rgr14/Pal4/Fgt2. Extra Fighter Feat lets you take Stunning Blow and gives you access to 3 DC from Fighter Tier2 enhancements. In LD tree drop Pulverizer and Anvil of Thunder to pick up the +6Combat DCs. Still won't be the greatest stunning DC but workable (somewhere in the mid 60s).
    I guess your best bet on weapons would be a drop khopesh with stunning

Edit: Oh, or where you talking of Anvil of Thunder? That's a fun ability, but it's totally unreliable. I use it always when off timer, but it's more a nice extra than anything else.
    Having that doesn't make or break the build. But it's funny to stun things you wouldn't normally expect to get stunned (works on any non red named).
    Yeah, pretty much both of the above. I like using the Elemental Khop of Water for the same 'fun' factor, between Paralyzing and Freezing. Occasionally I'll put the Ironwood in the other hand for even more statuesque mobs... so in general, no, I don't care too much about the stuns. Just wanted to clarify that that wasn't a key feature of the build. Anyhow, thanks again.

Like the build, well explained, bookmarked for future reference and ya Halflings creep me out to
    Argonnessen: Hilmir - Purkilius - Jinu - Vignir @ Blood Assassin´s

it's not really that bad. On Lamania, were respecs are pretty much free, the EE Sobrien beat-down times between Drow Khopesh and Balizarde Kensai were only a few seconds . . . guessing it's like 5ish% DPS.

Thing is with the raiders boxes getting CiTW weapons ain't tough anymore. I'm not sure what to do with mine . .. does my main need 4 pinions?

Community Member

does my main need 4 pinions?
    Are you going to ETR?

Devotion 90 for level 23
    Devotion 114 for level 24-27
    Devotion 138 for level 28
    Ruby of Endless Night
    Good Damage

Yep, need at least 5 pinions.

EDIT: Assuming you don't really love buying jeweler's kits or new augments.
    Tajawuka 9 monk/8 ranger/3 arti AA (3 ranger/monk/fighter pl's) - Toolbots working on Morninglord Cleric life #2 (3 wizard/sorc/druid pl) - Evisra 28 rogue

Thing is with the raiders boxes getting CiTW weapons ain't tough anymore. I'm not sure what to do with mine . .. does my main need 4 pinions?
    If they bring out more quests like Brothers fo the Forge it's not bad to have some spare weapons on EE I guess (my mainhand mornh broke during the endfight on my first run and that's an adamantine weapon out of the box...)

I remember telling Sith about a build very similar to this a month or 2 back so i guess great minds do think alike. I really like your set up you made its very similar to what i had in mind but i would take a closer look at the DWS enhancement tree because it does have some goodies in there and i think it may be better than tempest for this build. I am going to Tr my main into something like this if i ever get my computer back to running DDO. The build looks great other than another look at DWS.
    Dragxon Dragbon Ponth Frass

Quote Originally Posted by Drag- View Post
    I remember telling Sith about a build very similar to this a month or 2 back so i guess great minds do think alike. I really like your set up you made its very similar to what i had in mind but i would take a closer look at the DWS enhancement tree because it does have some goodies in there and i think it may be better than tempest for this build. I am going to Tr my main into something like this if i ever get my computer back to running DDO. The build looks great other than another look at DWS.
    Absolutely. The DWS has some really nice stuff. I just don't know how to fit that in to be honest. I really want the 100% offhand and thats already 21 points you have to spend in tempest. For two of the Tier 5 DWS abilities I would need 34 free points. Basically could drop all Str enhancements (8points), the complete HElf tree (11Points), 8 from KotC without losind DM. In tempest I could drop 2xwhirling blades for another 4 points. So thats 31 total. Can drop the kensai weapons and 1 action boost for another 4 points.
    Basically lose all my heal amp and a lot melee damage. Since I prefer melee on this build I don't think I will go that route.
    But maybe you can make it work

Nice build looks like fun. I like the 22 haste boosts with the twf attack speed and all. Only comment I have is about cleave/great cleave/lay waste/momentum swing. I have never really bought their effectiveness with two weapon fighting. What do you think about those? Obviously need cleave and great cleave for overwhelming critical, but I never really use those on two weapon fighting melee.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

In my ongoing quest for Drow Builds Which Don't Completely Suck(tm), I came up with this:
    Code:
    Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 04.19.03
    DDO Character Planner Home Page

Level 28 Lawful Good Drow Female
    (4 Paladin \ 1 Rogue \ 15 Ranger \ 8 Epic) 
    Hit Points: 342
    Spell Points: 280 
    BAB: 19\19\24\29\29
    Fortitude: 19
    Reflex: 21
    Will: 9

Starting          Feat/Enhancement
    Abilities        Base Stats          Modified Stats
    (28 Point)       (Level 1)             (Level 28)
    Strength             16                    25
    Dexterity            16                    21
    Constitution         12                    14
    Intelligence         12                    12
    Wisdom                8                     8
    Charisma             14                    16

Tomes Used
    +2 Tome of Strength used at level 20
    +2 Tome of Constitution used at level 20
    +2 Tome of Charisma used at level 20
    +5 Tome of Dexterity used at level 23

Starting          Feat/Enhancement
                     Base Skills         Modified Skills
    Skills           (Level 1)            (Level 28)
    Balance               7                    17
    Bluff                 2                    11
    Concentration         1                    10
    Diplomacy             2                    14
    Disable Device        5                    30
    Haggle                6                    15
    Heal                  1                    30
    Hide                  3                    13
    Intimidate            2                    11
    Jump                  6                    18
    Listen               -1                     9
    Move Silently         3                    13
    Open Lock             7                    17
    Perform               n/a                  n/a
    Repair                1                     9
    Search                5                    32
    Spellcraft            1                     9
    Spot                  3                    20
    Swim                  3                    15
    Tumble                4                    14
    Use Magic Device      6                    34

Level 1 (Rogue)
    Skill: Balance (+4)
    Skill: Disable Device (+4)
    Skill: Haggle (+4)
    Skill: Heal (+2)
    Skill: Jump (+3)
    Skill: Open Lock (+4)
    Skill: Search (+4)
    Skill: Spot (+4)
    Skill: Tumble (+1)
    Skill: Use Magic Device (+4)
    Feat: (Selected) Power Attack

Level 2 (Ranger)
    Skill: Disable Device (+1)
    Skill: Heal (+1)
    Skill: Search (+1)
    Skill: Spot (+1)
    Skill: Use Magic Device (+1)
    Feat: (Favored Enemy) Favored Enemy: Undead

Level 3 (Ranger)
    Feat: (Selected) Cleave

Level 4 (Ranger)
    Ability Raise: STR

Level 5 (Ranger)

Level 6 (Ranger)
    Feat: (Favored Enemy) Favored Enemy: Giant
    Feat: (Selected) Great Cleave

Level 7 (Ranger)

Level 8 (Paladin)
    Skill: Heal (+3)
    Feat: (Deity) Favored by Vulkoor

Level 9 (Paladin)
    Feat: (Selected) Improved Critical: Piercing Weapons

Level 10 (Ranger)
    Skill: Use Magic Device (+2)

Level 11 (Ranger)
    Skill: Search (+3)

Level 12 (Ranger)
    Skill: Disable Device (+2)
    Feat: (Selected) Point Blank Shot

Level 13 (Ranger)
    Skill: Disable Device (+2)
    Feat: (Favored Enemy) Favored Enemy: Evil Outsider

Level 14 (Ranger)

Level 15 (Ranger)
    Feat: (Selected) Empower Healing Spell

Level 16 (Paladin)
    Skill: Heal (+3)

Level 17 (Paladin)
    Skill: Use Magic Device (+0.5)

Level 18 (Ranger)
    Skill: Use Magic Device (+2.5)
    Feat: (Selected) Quicken Spell

Level 19 (Ranger)
    Skill: Search (+2)

Level 20 (Ranger)
    Feat: (Favored Enemy) Favored Enemy: Elf
    Enhancement: Drow - Spell Resistance (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Drow - Xen'drik Weapon Training (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Tempest (Rgr) - Shield of Whirling Steel (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Tempest (Rgr) - Tempest (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Tempest (Rgr) - Graceful Death (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Tempest (Rgr) - Deflect Arrows (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Tempest (Rgr) - Improved Reaction (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Tempest (Rgr) - Improved Defense (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Tempest (Rgr) - Whirling Blades (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Tempest (Rgr) - Haste Boost (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Tempest (Rgr) - Haste Boost (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Tempest (Rgr) - Haste Boost (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Tempest (Rgr) - Critical Accuracy (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Tempest (Rgr) - Critical Accuracy (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Tempest (Rgr) - Critical Accuracy (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Tempest (Rgr) - Critical Damage (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Tempest (Rgr) - Critical Damage (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Tempest (Rgr) - Critical Damage (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Tempest (Rgr) - Elaborate Parry (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Tempest (Rgr) - Elaborate Parry (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Tempest (Rgr) - Elaborate Parry (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Tempest (Rgr) - Evasive Dance (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Tempest (Rgr) - Evasive Dance (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Tempest (Rgr) - Evasive Dance (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Knight of the Chalice (Pal) - Fiendslayer I (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Knight of the Chalice (Pal) - Courage of Heaven (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Knight of the Chalice (Pal) - Extra Turning (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Knight of the Chalice (Pal) - Remove Disease (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Knight of the Chalice (Pal) - Remove Disease (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Knight of the Chalice (Pal) - Remove Disease (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Knight of the Chalice (Pal) - Divine Might (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Knight of the Chalice (Pal) - Divine Might (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Knight of the Chalice (Pal) - Divine Might (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Knight of the Chalice (Pal) - Improved Restoration (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Knight of the Chalice (Pal) - Improved Restoration (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Knight of the Chalice (Pal) - Improved Restoration (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Knight of the Chalice (Pal) - Divine Sacrifice (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Knight of the Chalice (Pal) - Vigor of Life (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Knight of the Chalice (Pal) - Exalted Smite (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Knight of the Chalice (Pal) - Passion (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Knight of the Chalice (Pal) - Vigor of Life (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Arcane Archer (Rgr) - Arcane Archer (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Arcane Archer (Rgr) - Morphic Arrows (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Arcane Archer (Rgr) - Metalline Arrows (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Arcane Archer (Rgr) - Conjure Arrows (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Arcane Archer (Rgr) - Energy of the Wild (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Arcane Archer (Rgr) - Energy of the Wild (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Arcane Archer (Rgr) - Energy of the Wild (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Arcane Archer (Rgr) - Force Arrows (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Arcane Archer (Rgr) - Force Arrows (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Assassin (Rog) - Knife in the Darkness (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Assassin (Rog) - Sneak Attack Training (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Deepwood Stalker (Rgr) - Far Shot (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Deepwood Stalker (Rgr) - Sneak Attack (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Deepwood Stalker (Rgr) - Increased Empathy (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Deepwood Stalker (Rgr) - Increased Empathy (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Deepwood Stalker (Rgr) - Increased Empathy (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Deepwood Stalker (Rgr) - Versatile Empathy (Rank 1)

Level 21 (Epic)
    Feat: (Selected) Epic: Overwhelming Critical

Level 22 (Epic)

Level 23 (Epic)

Level 24 (Epic)
    Feat: (Selected) Epic: Combat Archery

Level 25 (Epic)

Level 26 (Epic)
    Feat: (Epic Destiny) Epic Destiny: Perfect Two Weapon Fighting

Level 27 (Epic)
    Feat: (Selected) Epic: Blinding Speed

Level 28 (Epic)
    Feat: (Epic Destiny) Epic Destiny: Elusive Target
    Built for drow weapons (i.e., Balizarde and/or Celestia); rog splash instead of ftr opens up trap skills & UMD, natch, while still getting 4d6 SA (Assassin + DWS). I invested more into AA (Conjure, FotW, Imbues) and DWS (+2d6 SA, +Pos Spellpower); having Echoes of Power + Rejuv Cocoon will give her plenty of self-healing, even with a first-lifer's gear. Similarly, for my own amusement, I invested more into survivability than DPS in KotC: namely 20% heal amp and extra Remove Disease + Gtr Restoration. But those pts are pretty easily moved into more DPS like Dmg Boost instead. The drawbacks are 1 less feat w/out ftr splash and much fewer action boosts; I only invested in Tempest Haste. I'm presuming a best-case scenario of a +5 DEX tome for Combat Archery; figured it gives one something to farm Mabar for next year. But she can take IC:Ranged or Dodge instead as a placeholder.

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    Nice build looks like fun. I like the 22 haste boosts with the twf attack speed and all. Only comment I have is about cleave/great cleave/lay waste/momentum swing. I have never really bought their effectiveness with two weapon fighting. What do you think about those? Obviously need cleave and great cleave for overwhelming critical, but I never really use those on two weapon fighting melee.
    To be honest I find those extremly important and would even take them if they were not a prereq. for overwhelming crit.
    First you can use them all to overcome the activation time of your action boosts.
    Lay waste is a good crowd control that even works very well in EE for me. Momentum swing is just really good damage even if it only works on mainhand.
    And of couse you need these if you want to charge your blitz.
    Apart from this the TWF animation while moving is something that I absolutly hate. So usually when I run towards an enemy I cleave into it and then just swing away.
    And then there are huge groups of enemies where cleaving jus makes more sense.

But of course it must be monks where cleave works on the offhand too when unarmed (depending on race/gender), while it doesn't for any weapons. Thank you turbine You and your monks...
    Last edited by Eth; 11-23-2013 at 01:49 PM.

Community Member

How about switching to Paladin Dilettante to keep some saves and going 4 FVS for Warpriest? Keep DM, getting some PRR, Smite Weakness, Ameliorating Strike.

Enough APs might be a challenge.
    Varz
    Wanderlust

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast