Are you tired of all the build threads that evolve into: "Why don't you take x monk instead of y?"
You don't like all the new shiny U19 builds with their Ki-Bars?
You want an EE viable build without the one class to dominate them all?
Maybe it's just that... YOU DON'T LIKE MONKS? (Especially Halfling monks!)
I can understand you. This build is for you. It's 100% monk-free!
This build is also relatively beginner friendly. At least it doesn't require any specific tomes and past lives.
My toon is a 3rd lifer (1 Bard PL + 1 Ranger PL) with mostly +3 tomes (+4s and 5s by now )
Goals of this build:
- No Ki-Bar. Because monks.
- DPS. Ideally more than a monk.
- Survivability. Self-healing, high saves with evasion, dodge, incorporeal, Impr. Deception with super fast attack speed, Displacement
- Dual-Warhammers. Because size matters. Warhammers are bigger than fists.
- No stupidly OP instakill abilities. Because easybuttons are for monks.
What you can expect (based on my experience with this build):
- high saves
- solid sustainable DPS
- High burst DPS via manyshot
- 60 self buffed sustainable Str - that only counts Ram's Might+Ship+Rage+Divine Might (64 = + yugo Str pot + Tenser's Scroll)
- up to 44 UMD (no fail Resurrection Scrolls)
- solid self healing (cocoon + 3 spells + heal scrolls + 1 Lay on Hands)
- 100+ PRR (97 currently in U23)
- 17% Dodge
- 800 - 1000HP
- 400 Devotion
Alignment: Lawful Good (this is absolutely required for the Pally levels!)
Str 16 <-- all other levels here
Dex 16 <-- 1 level point here (qualifying for combat archery, unless +5 tome is available)
My tomes currently: 5,4,4,4,5,4
Skills (in order of importance):
Tumble (you get the spell, so don't invest to much here. I like to be able to switch between roll-tumble and jump-tumble)
Jump (dump the Fighter Skill Points here. With Str Modifier you should reach 40 easily. Else cast Jump via Ranger spell of Morahs Belt)
7 Normal + 1 Fighter + 1 Human + 3 Epic + 2 ED Feats
Point Blank Shot (Human)
Imp. Crit Range (Fighter)
Imp. Crit. Bludgeoning
Dodge (if light armor, pick impr. dodge in tempest with this route) or Impr. Crit Pierce (I run this for celestias currently)
Combat Archery (Epic 1)
Overwhelming Crit. (Epic 2)
Epic Reflexes (Epic 3)
Perfect TWF (ED 1)
Elusive Target (ED 2)
Favored Enemies: Human, Giant, Undead, Evil Outsider
Everything else of importance featwise you get granted from the ranger levels.
(my main reasons for each class-lvl)
15 Ranger: all the important ranged feats, GTWF, Evasion, 4 favored enemies, Ram's Might, FoM, Cure Serious Wounds
4 Pali: Divine Might, Turn Undead (required for Divine Might), Healing Amp Enhancement, Divine Grace, Fear Immunity, Protection from Evil
1 Fighter: Extra Action Boosts, cheap Haste Boost, Extra Feat
Human (3 Pt.)
- Core abilities: Damage Boost
- Impr. Recovery I
Tempest (36 Pt.):
- Core abilites 1-4
- Improved Defense II
- Impr. Reaction III
- Impr. Parry III
- Whirling Blades IV
- Sprint Boost I
- Growing Storm III
- Dance of Death III
Harper (3 Pt.):
- Agent of Good I
- Harper Enchantment
KotC (14 Pt.):
- Core abilitity 1+2
- Extra Turning III
- Extra Reove Disease I (dump point)
- Divine Might III
- Vigor of Life I
Fighter (12 Pt.):
- Core ability I: Hammers
- +1 damage/attack
- Extra Action Boost III
- Haste Boost III
Arcane Archer (6 Pt.):
- Core 1+2
- Conjure Arrows
- Energy of the Wild II
Sacred Defender (6 Pt.):
- Core 1+2
- Aura I (selected: PRR)
- Action Boost: Saves I
LD (most of the time):
- Extra Boost III
- Str I
- Attack Boost I
- Impr. PA
- Crit III
- Action Boost: Damage III
- Anvil of Thunder
- Devastating Crit
- Advancing Blows
- Master's Blitz
Twists (3/3/1/1): Balanced Attacks, Grim Precision, Cocoon, optional 4th: Brace for Impact, Primal Scream, Hail of Blows, Endless Turning
Fury (usually for Raids):
- Primal Scream III
- Str II
- Acute Instincts III
- Sense Weakness III
- Gird against demons I
- Overwhelming Force III
- Fury Eternal
- Unbridled Fury
Twists: Grim Precision or Balanced Attacks, Cocoon, Brace for Impact
Melee: Mornh, Hammer of the Mountains (Red Slot Ruby of Devotion 138), Offhand: Thunderforged Warhammer (Touch of Flames/Dragon's Edge/Mortal Fear)
Ranged: Pinion, Epic Bow of the Silver Flame
- for leveling: from lvl 14 on you can use either Coronation or Phosphor, both are very good weapons for lvl 14 - 23
other alternatives if you don't have Mornh: Braisingstar, Alchemical Warhammer, Green Steel Warhammer, Balizarde
Try to cover the following things:
- Ability increases in: Str, Cha, Con, Dex, Wis (in order of importance)
- Improved Deception
- Healing Amp
- Resistance (saves)
- Resistance (PRR)
- Sneak Attack
- False Life
My layout (slotted Augments):
Helm: Dragon Masque (Soul Gem, Globe)
Armor: Upgraded Shadow Dragonscale Armor (Good Luck, +2 Charisma)
Trinket: Prowess Trinket (+3 Dex)
Cloak: Adamantine Cloak of the Wolf
Belt: Battlerager's Harness (+8 Resistance)
Bracers: Convalescent Bracers of Superior Parrying
Gloves: Purple Dragon Gauntlets
Boots: Goatskin Boots (+8 Con) (40 False Life, +8 Wisdom)
Ring1: Guardian's Ring (250 SP)
Ring2: Ring of Deceit (+8 Dex, 20 Vitality)
Goggles: GS Goggles (150 SP, swap to 45 HP, Radiance II)
Necklace: Epic Adherent's Pendant (swaps with Charisma +10 of Accuracy X after 2 Action Boosts)
Buff up with:
- Spells: Jump, Ram's Might, Protection from Evil, FoM
- Clickies: DW, Displacement, Rage
- Scrolls: True Seeing, Tenser's
- Pots: Yugo Charisma, Yugo Dex, Yugo Str
- Wands: Shield
- Other abilities: Divine Might
- Use Haste Boosts + Human Damage Boost for heavy DPS, DWS damage boost fallback for other fights
- Make use of Anvil of Thunder (good chance to Stun anything not red-named) and exposing strike
- Pull out your bow and use improved prec. shot combined with manyshot for huge DPS on groups of mobs.
- Keep an eye on your buffs - shortest is Tenser's (not really required full time though), Divine Might is 120 seconds, Displace Clickies last 96 seconds - the rest is very sustainable.
- Use your attack speed - haste boost + TWF + impr. deception keeps most mobs turned around
- Heal yourself - Cocoon is your cheapest healing, use it for most situations. Cure Serious should hit for over 350+ as backup. Others: 1 Lay on Hands, Heal Scrolls (easily have 40+ UMD), CMW, CLW
- In LD: Charge your Masters Blitz with Cleave, G. Cleave, Momentum Swing, Lay Waste, Trip - when ready use Manyshot + Haste Boost + Damage Boost + MB to quickly get some charges going - then: steamroll the dungeon
Masters Blitz can be harder to get going in groups, but still even in groups I find LD superior to Fury, it's just better sustained DPS.
- In Fury: Use your Adrenalines for CC and easy kills, charges recharge rather quickly on a TWF
Use your manyshot with unbridled fury for burst DPS.
Fury is usually the better choice in Raids like DQ, LoB, CitW, Abbot, FoT.
Gives you one more feat choice. Take stunning blow. Get the 3 DC from Fighter enhancements + 6 from LD.
10 Stunning comes from Mornh, 5 Combat Mastery from Spare Hand. That should give you a Stunning DC in the lower to mid 60s.
You lose either CSW or FoM and 1 favored enemy.
HElf instead of Human (my original build)
You trade 3 sneak dice for a bonus feat: Combat Archery.
Other races would work too, but the synergy of haste boost + damage boost is just so good.
EE DA Testing arena: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0nkgiM_5Wo
EE Friends in low places: http://youtu.be/bPf0eWblPHI
EE VON3: http://youtu.be/c5r2yY5CT9s