Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Beef with 'Weekly' Free VIP Gold Roll

I like it generally - but there is nothing weekly about it.

When it was introduced it was available on Monday morning.

If you missed being online and using it immediately - then the renewal / refresh got pushed back. I have friends that have lost almost a week (some more) on their timers.

Make it so you can log in ANYTIME that 168 hour period and get the free gold roll - and once used (or not) you have used that weeks roll.

Or make it so it is on a 150 hour timer instead of an 168 -

There is nothing Weekly about it.

Other than that - keep up the VIP benefits! and improvements to the Daily Dice program!
    Last edited by UurlockYgmeov; 11-21-2013 at 05:36 PM. Reason: my kobold powered spell checker is on Union Break

Quote Originally Posted by UurlockYgmeov View Post

If you missed being online and using it immediately - then the renewal / refresh got pushed back. I have friends that have lost almost a week (some more) on there timers.

Make it so you can log in ANYTIME that 168 hour period and get the free gold roll - and once used (or not) you have used that weeks roll.

Other than that - keep up the VIP benefits! and improvements to the Daily Dice program!
    Hmm....mine used to show up on Thursdasy. Recently, it started on Fridays, but that was because I didn't get to log in one Thursday and the next morning I logged in to do my roll. Since then, it's been on Fridays.
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

exactly my point.

This shouldn't be looked at as a Free - it should be looked at as a perk of being VIP - and just like if your monthly points didn't show up until you asked for them -and each subsequent month the points arrived at the new later date...

Both the daily Silver Roll and Weekly Gold roll work off a Timer based on when you made the "Last" roll.

I'm not sure if that is how it was intended but I know that since it has been out my Gold Roll has migrated from Monday to Thursday Evening and will currently appear about 1.5 to 2 hours after the Silver roll is available, and I would purposefully make both rolls one after the other when it started out.

I imagine it is set on a 168 hour timer because of technical limitations.

I cant, though, think of a scenario where you would miss a whole week (or more) unless you dont log in for 168 hours after the last time your timer has reset. I mean, if I check it at 1pm on a sat, it is available again at 1PM next sat. In order to miss a whole week, I have to check it at 1pm one sat, and not again for two weeks. In that scenario, at least, even adopting your method would still make you miss a week, because something was preventing you from logging in.

It only takes like 5 min total to check the roll. I still check my daily silver roll even though I haven't actually played DDO since just before Labor Day (I'm on a DDO break).
    The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.
    Dee Hock

At first glance I thought you "won beef" from the daily dice roll LOL!
    Argonnessen - Glibb Bonefish, Lev 28 pure Elf Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by AZgreentea View Post
    I imagine it is set on a 168 hour timer because of technical limitations.

I cant, though, think of a scenario where you would miss a whole week (or more) unless you dont log in for 168 hours after the last time your timer has reset. I mean, if I check it at 1pm on a sat, it is available again at 1PM next sat. In order to miss a whole week, I have to check it at 1pm one sat, and not again for two weeks. In that scenario, at least, even adopting your method would still make you miss a week, because something was preventing you from logging in.

It only takes like 5 min total to check the roll. I still check my daily silver roll even though I haven't actually played DDO since just before Labor Day (I'm on a DDO break).
    not the point - the point is if you aren't logged in when the timer resets - you loose paid for subscription benefits permanently.

technical limitations? not really - have the timer reset each monday at 0:00 Zulu - done. fixed. happier.

If you missed being online and using it immediately - then the renewal / refresh got pushed back. I have friends that have lost almost a week (some more) on there timers.

Iv also had this happen, my VIP gold roll was monday then with the updates ect it was Tuesday and now its moved to Wednesday. I can see me missing out on one gold roll at this rate and i bet that was Turbines plain all the time.

[QUOTE=AZgreentea;5174335]I imagine it is set on a 168 hour timer because of technical limitations.

/QUOTE]

And yet they have no prob charging my CC on a fixed date, even if I don't play every day or log in on the day that it would be due. It's very small thing. Should be way down on their list of priorities to fix, but it's kinda annoying

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Negative. You make the roll over point of a "day" be at the same time for ALL timers. None of this complicated separate timer ****. You have one point of timing for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    Negative. You make the roll over point of a "day" be at the same time for ALL timers. None of this complicated separate timer ****. You have one point of timing for it.
    see below from above

...have the timer reset each monday at 0:00 Zulu - done. fixed. happier.

the timer starts after you roll. one week after your last roll, you roll again. there is no rolls lost.

I used to roll on Mondays and than pushed to Tuesday than to Friday and now its on Saturday nights. it kept getting pushed because I hadn't logged on for when I could roll on the gold. theres no point in resetting the timer.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    the timer starts after you roll. one week after your last roll, you roll again. there is no rolls lost.

I used to roll on Mondays and than pushed to Tuesday than to Friday and now its on Saturday nights. it kept getting pushed because I hadn't logged on for when I could roll on the gold. theres no point in resetting the timer.
    Actually, there is.

One, it is just annoying that the daily timer is on a slightly-less-than one day timer, but the weekly timer isn't. It's inconsistent for no readily apparent reason.

Second, if your weekly timer gets pushed back enough in small increments, you effectively lose a week's roll.

Community Member

exactly my point.

This shouldn't be looked at as a Free - it should be looked at as a perk of being VIP - and just like if your monthly points didn't show up until you asked for them -and each subsequent month the points arrived at the new later date...
    Haven't gotten my vip points in three months. December will be four.

Quote Originally Posted by the_laughing_god View Post
    Actually, there is.

One, it is just annoying that the daily timer is on a slightly-less-than one day timer, but the weekly timer isn't. It's inconsistent for no readily apparent reason.

Second, if your weekly timer gets pushed back enough in small increments, you effectively lose a week's roll.
    maybe because nobody is going to pay for silver rolls when gold rolls pay out better and that's why the gold and silver roll are on different timers. I don't know why, just my tinfoil hat telling me so.

I haven't lost any time when my gold roll is always exactly 1 week from the last time I roll. its been like that for me since day 1. not sure how people say there is lost time when you don't roll when the time to roll comes up and roll later on. I don't know how it can be annoying when its a 1 week timer from the last time you roll. sounds like people want a set day for their rolls to me. I must be the only one not bugged?

maybe because nobody is going to pay for silver rolls when gold rolls pay out better and that's why the gold and silver roll are on different timers. I don't know why, just my tinfoil hat telling me so.

I haven't lost any time when my gold roll is always exactly 1 week from the last time I roll. its been like that for me since day 1. not sure how people say there is lost time when you don't roll when the time to roll comes up and roll later on. I don't know how it can be annoying when its a 1 week timer from the last time you roll. sounds like people want a set day for their rolls to me. I must be the only one not bugged?
    The benefit of VIP, from the "Become a VIP" webpage, states "Recieve (sic) a free roll on the Gold Chest each week." It doesn't say "Receive a free roll on the Gold Chest one week from the last time you rolled." I'd expect to receive 52 free gold rolls a year, whether I remembered to roll on my 'scheduled' day or not.

*whew* glad I am not the only one who expects what they pay for.

Quote Originally Posted by SebastianG View Post
    The benefit of VIP, from the "Become a VIP" webpage, states "Recieve (sic) a free roll on the Gold Chest each week." It doesn't say "Receive a free roll on the Gold Chest one week from the last time you rolled." I'd expect to receive 52 free gold rolls a year, whether I remembered to roll on my 'scheduled' day or not.
    well, if you want to nitpick the interpretation of it than I suggest contacting customer support. it can also be interpreted the way I describe too of receive a free roll 1 week after the last time you rolled. if you expect 52 free gold rolls per week than might want to make sure you log on each week when the timer is up. if you don't log in for a week than I guess you would only get 51 rolls for the year.

well, if you want to nitpick the interpretation of it than I suggest contacting customer support. it can also be interpreted the way I describe too of receive a free roll 1 week after the last time you rolled. if you expect 52 free gold rolls per week than might want to make sure you log on each week when the timer is up. if you don't log in for a week than I guess you would only get 51 rolls for the year.
    actually legally speaking - 'each' week does hold a legal definition of 52 weeks a year.

with that said - its not nitpicking so simply desire what we pay for and therefor are contractually eligible for.

the issue is that it is impossible for Turbine to meet their obligations of 52 weeks a year, not if the VIP's actually do take advantage of the subscription benefits.

I hate having to define legal concepts, and terms, especially in a game I play for fun.

We (I) just want to be capable of receiving the quo for the quid. (love the pun and rhetoric :P )

Currently Turbine fails to allow the VIP's the capability to use this 'each week' paid benefit each week.

Simple fix - have the timer on VIP gold rolls reset @ 0:00 Zulu (or server time) on each Monday.

I hate having to define legal concepts, and terms, especially in a game I play for fun.
    So don't. and quit worrying about whether or not you "got mine".

Is it really that hard to log on one day out of seven for the two minutes it takes to roll your dice? Legally speaking, I don't think you can hold Turbine accountable for your own forgetfulness when they are already giving you the ability to have your 52 gold rolls a year. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink....
    Honkin * Diaari * Bazongas

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast