Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Quote Originally Posted by bennyson View Post
    Sounds like your enjoying it!
    This can't be true, the game is terrible and can't be enjoyed, its a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyDuck81 View Post
    I'd 100% go with the sun elf, due to the racial enhancements - rejuvenation of dawn for emergency healing & restoration stuff, blessing of amaunator for the combo divine buffs & feywild tap for the extra SP reserve are all rather handy things to have.
    Except it has a 3 minute cool down per use, so if you have 2 uses you cant use the 2nd one until it cools down and then cant use either again until you shrine.
    It wasn't removing death penalties when I used it...
    and 10,000hp... who cares... no player or even WF with terrible healing amp has any use for this big of a heal.

similar to Unyielding Sovereignty that has has a 10 minute cool down and unlimited uses.. no shrine required.
    as an emergency heal I found it less than useful, since in those situations I am not looking for a hardly used clicky on my hotbar.

~
    Rejuvenation of Dawn: Activate: Heals 10,000 hit point damage, and removes all ability damage, death penalty effects, negative levels, and the conditions blinded, dazed, deafened, diseased, exhausted, fatigued, feebleminded, insanity, nauseated, poisoned, and stunned.
    This ability can be used once per rest.
    Tier 2: This ability can be used on yourself or an ally, and you get an additional use per rest. (Cooldown: 3 minutes)
    ~

~
    Unyielding Sovereignty
    You are a devoted follower of the Silver Flame, and your faith has been rewarded. Activate this ability to fully heal hit point damage done to a targetted ally, remove ability damage, death penalty effects, negative levels, and the conditions blinded, confused, dazed, dazzled, deafened, diseased, exhausted, fatigued, feebleminded, insanity, nauseated, poisoned, and stunned.
    ~

Sun Elf as a cleric Iconic is stupid in my opinion it has a poor synergy with Cleric.
    Sun Elf is an Int based racial subtype and is it better suited as a Wizard for stat orientation. ( I believe that was also the favoured choice in classic DnD)
    The class enhancements would even have worked nicely with rogue or wiz/rogue..

Moon Elf or even a cool Winged Elf (can you say teaser for a shavarath expansion) should have been the orientation for an Iconic Cleric class..

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    found a +1 heart on a mule, went Sun Elf. Looks like a complete no brainer with the whole +3 Spell pen, more SP, higher INT.

Pay2win beaches!
    Now I know who to bring along when I am level draining myself with my monk finisher... Deathward meh... hjeal meh... nvm.. carry my stone to the end so I can loot the chest...
    Last edited by JOTMON; 12-05-2013 at 01:21 PM.
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(Completionist - before the Otto's/XP pots easymode), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-Epic Completionist), Whatthetruck.. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    I said that because it sounds like from his post that he is enjoying his new wizard as a Sun Elf.

Another thing, there are many different ways to enjoy DDO. Each and every person does it differently, saying that it cant be enjoyed by anyone as a fact is an understatement. The only way it can be a fact is that you have solid core proof and that you had EVERY SINGLE player on ALL THE GAME SERVERS agree with you, both newbis and experienced players.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    I find the game very enjoyable, when you hjeal meh.

well im not sure on Wizard Drow but Iconic elf (after using a +1 lr to get rid of the cleric) gave me 4 more Intel than what I had as a normal elf. Also my points went into Intel Max, Con - Max and the rest into Dex.

Community Member

Default does it matter when you lr?

does it matter when you use the stone? what do you loose when you use it.

thanks in advance for your help

Quote Originally Posted by Hanji View Post
    does it matter when you use the stone? what do you loose when you use it.

thanks in advance for your help
    You loose nothing if your making a Sun Elf wizy

Keeping that pathetic level 1 cleric thing is kinda a waste.

Charisma. With some UMD and scroll mastery you can hjeal meh.

I'm only half-joking as I know a few wizards who have done that.
    I LOVE UMD and I do max scroll mastery. Wizards who say they have never used UMD in the past few months are definitelty NOT team players. I have thrown numerous rezzes, heals, greater restores, etc on my teammates running with no divine. I would dump spellcraft before UMD, and I would NOT dump spellcraft

On the OP's question. I prefer Sun Elf. The +1 enchant DC and +3 to spell pen when needed for drow EEs is invaluable. (this coming from a player with all Spell Pen PLs), and the +4 charisma (+2 UMD) is just gravy.
    Cannith - Sorrion - Glassbones - Galodon - Farsnipe
    Sarlona - Glassbones

Quote Originally Posted by anivaj View Post
    I LOVE UMD and I do max scroll mastery. Wizards who say they have never used UMD in the past few months are definitelty NOT team players. I have thrown numerous rezzes, heals, greater restores, etc on my teammates running with no divine. I would dump spellcraft before UMD, and I would NOT dump spellcraft

On the OP's question. I prefer Sun Elf. The +1 enchant DC and +3 to spell pen when needed for drow EEs is invaluable. (this coming from a player with all Spell Pen PLs), and the +4 charisma (+2 UMD) is just gravy.
    I've actually added Reconstruct to my spell book on my Sun Elf. There are more than enough BF melee that it's not a terrible idea.

2014 DDO Players Council

I've actually added Reconstruct to my spell book on my Sun Elf. There are more than enough BF melee that it's not a terrible idea.
    Hjrecon meh!

Quote Originally Posted by danbevj View Post
    Has anyone seen any discussion if any plans to offer Sun Elf as a race (purchase or otherwise) as a non-Iconic option?
    haven't seen anything on any of the Iconic races being talked about as a non-iconic option

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

I've said I don't use umd on my wizard. As for your examples, I raise with my greensteel mana item, which has a clickie. For heal scrolls, if you can't heal yourself by the time I notice you need an emergency heal, swap to the heal scroll, and actually cast the heal scroll, you probably died anyway. For greater restoration, don't you have visors?

I used to max umd, and could and would heal scroll, but I found that in almost every case it was more effective to cc/instakill the danger instead of trying to heal scroll you through it.

If (when! *stamps feet*) they add harm scrolls to a vendor for plat I'll go back to maxing umd. Until then, I feel the utility just isn't there.

I prefer drow. Both races give same int and the +1 DC to enchantaments (winner points of these races). 36 points or 32 with +2 dex & car are the same for me. With both i can max int and con. I UMD ok and don’t need more str. Arcanum and feywild tap are nice, but too costly—with these cost I don’t want them. Rejuvenation of dawn is a waste of APs for me.

So, Drow don’t need a +1 LR… drow wins.
    English is not my native language. Sorry for the mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    I've said I don't use umd on my wizard. As for your examples, I raise with my greensteel mana item, which has a clickie. For heal scrolls, if you can't heal yourself by the time I notice you need an emergency heal, swap to the heal scroll, and actually cast the heal scroll, you probably died anyway. For greater restoration, don't you have visors?

I used to max umd, and could and would heal scroll, but I found that in almost every case it was more effective to cc/instakill the danger instead of trying to heal scroll you through it.

If (when! *stamps feet*) they add harm scrolls to a vendor for plat I'll go back to maxing umd. Until then, I feel the utility just isn't there.
    This completely tells me that you run exclusively in guild or channel groups for EE. I pug....and when you pug, you don't expect every team member to cover all the bases. I enjoy helping newer players get EE completions and gear. To me, I feel better completing with a poor group then running with a ton of FOTM OP builds to easy completions and no teamwork. Just my personal preference.....
    Cannith - Sorrion - Glassbones - Galodon - Farsnipe
    Sarlona - Glassbones

This completely tells me that you run exclusively in guild or channel groups for EE. I pug....and when you pug, you don't expect every team member to cover all the bases. I enjoy helping newer players get EE completions and gear. To me, I feel better completing with a poor group then running with a ton of FOTM OP builds to easy completions and no teamwork. Just my personal preference.....
    I don't run EE at all.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234