Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Time for another bank space thread

I just wanted to remind the devs that I (I cannot speak for anyone else, but I believe there are more hoarders out there too ) want more bank space. NOT Shared Bank space. Bank space. You know, to store all that BTC loot we accumulate as we play this game. I'm not asking for it to be free. I would pay for it.

For all those who say something like: "learn to throw stuff away", "it's only pixels on a screen or bits and bytes in a computer" or "you only need x amount of items to level", I am not talking to you. Having more bank space will not hurt you in any way (that I can see, at least). It is not P2W. It is convinience. It is a hoarders dream.

One of the pleasures I derived from DDO is collecting items. Guess what I chose from STK end reward one: the Vial of Slumberdust. An otherwise mostly useless item, but I chose it because I like to collect stuff. Since it is BTA, no problem, I just keep it on one of 12 my bank mules. But with BTC loot, I do not have this option.

So pretty please devs, give me some more bank space. And maybe someday an "item manual" that matches each adventure pack.

Just my 2cp
    Keepers of Khyber - Proud Guild Leader

Quote Originally Posted by Flavilandile View Post
    This is how it should scale: Random loot < Named Loot < Raid Named Loot.
    The Trophy Room A great idea. Please do this devs!

Having just yesterday spending hours going through my bank-space characters and clearing out the clutter... let me just say there is a lot of clutter associated with this game. I'm not even talking about the obsoleted items, and there were more of those then I was happy with. No, I'm talking about all the collectables, ingredients, dragonshards and other effluvia that have almost taken on a life of their own. Even after crunching all of the gear that updates have rendered trivial and laughable (and thanks again for that), I was not able to meet my goal of deleting as many bank-space characters as I'd hoped.

It's gone past the point of being an annoyance, and gone right into patently ridiculous territory. Yeah, it's been this way for a while - but having confronted it head-on yesterday, it really hit home for me just how much stuff the Devs expect us to hang on to, versus the amount of room they give us to do so... it was just stupefying.

/signed
    Last edited by Memnir; 11-19-2013 at 09:40 AM.

/signed for a whole new way to store all of my Treasures.
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

Default Always a good thing!!

Having more bank space is always a good thing. I know I could use more character only back space on all of my characters!!!

As far as I know, the current bank space allocation was from the level cap was much lower (10?).

With cap now at 28, and soon to be 30, and TR being a popular and almost required way of playing - we NEED more space.

Previously, you only had to keep enough stuff to get to L10, or L16, or L20 or whatever. We still have the same amount of storage though.

As always on the subject:

/SIGNED!!!!!

Unfortunately, QuartermasterX said a while ago (sorry, no link handy) that they face "technical limitations" in creating more bank tabs. I really do wish they could sort this out, as well as work on more "space maximizers" like potion packs, scroll cases, component pouches, etc...

Money waiting to be spent Turbine....
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

Community Member

Thumbs up /signed ofc

...and it gets worse when you consider things like crafting and some ingredients/components/whatever-you-call-them that's used for it which you can't fit into bags (for some weird reason) but they're BtC, for example the Shards from Shroud, the draconic runes from Reavers Refuge, or whatever else fits in this category.

Also some other stuff should be able to fit in some bag, like spell-scrolls and spell-components, it's funny that i can put dozens of dragon scales in a bag along with other stuff, but not some Cat Hair
    Last edited by Grecan; 11-19-2013 at 10:47 AM.
    If i haven't responded to your post, it doesn't necessarily mean that i don't have counter-arguments, it might simply mean that i don't want to keep feeding the trolls.
    Plastic People
    Hey! Hey!

Agreed. After playing the game for as long as I have, I have a LOT of old raid gear. Most of it is useless (I am looking at you Titan), but I like to hang on to it.
    Officer - Eternal Wrath
    Burne Level 20 Human Paladin
    Sarlona

I've been saying for almost 8 years that the amount of storage space we get is criminally miniscule.

Each bank tab should be doubled in size. With House K favor, you should be able to get FIVE bank tabs. If this means creating more quests in House K...ohnoz! The Store should have the option to buy up another 5 tabs above and beyond that. Those tabs should be ACCOUNT WIDE. Oh, and no item should have a stack limit of less than 1000, except (I guess) silver flame potions, since apparently people who use those should be punished.

That's bare minimum, really.

The ideal to strive to is EVE Online, where each player can store (quite literally) trillions of items. The very concept of a bank toon in EVE is a joke. Now, nobody in DDO really needs to create a single stack of any item that holds 250 million of that item, but there's a happy middle ground that we can come to an agreement on.
    I am the 'Who' In the call "Who's there!?"
    I am the wind blowing through your hair.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

/signed.

I say 30 slots or 50 slots per page. I wouldn't mind favor unlocks for pages 2-x and having the last few be store buys.

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post

It's gone past the point of being an annoyance, and gone right into patently ridiculous territory.

/signed

I agree as well.....especially with multi TRs - as you pass through various lives you need different gear (I had 3 lives of khopesh wielding, one monk with wraps, back to khopesh with a side of S&B pally, now on monkcher ninjaspy short swords with plans to go back to Khopesh for bard life but may go rapier). But before I can TR I have to clear a **** load of bank and inventory space. Just to hold my leveling twink gear and even there I don't twink until about L9 (early plus 6stats) then more at 11 (GS/Minos stuff). I waste alot of money on consumables that I have to throw away at TR due to space concerns and then use a fair bit of plat on the AH as I level up to fill in gear gaps as I trudge along......More bank space would be awesome - being able to leave stuff in the TR bank would be awesomer.
    gotta to kick at the darkness til it bleeds daylight - B. Cockburn
    Guild Leader - Order of the Silver Dragons
    Mains Darlao Completionist Toogor Wiz28 TR5 Also Listarn Shadar Kai Rogue 20/7 - WhiskyTango CL28 TR4 - Toongor Bd28 TR2 - Sooey Dwarf ConBarb28 Pusshy -WizMo 18/ 2/8+9 More

Brand / Commerce Team QuartermasterX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FAQ View Post
    NOT Shared Bank space. Bank space. You know, to store all that BTC loot we accumulate as we play this game.
    I absolutely agree, we are actively looking to expand BTC storage options.

Staying on Theme - make that new storage space come in helmet form.
    gotta to kick at the darkness til it bleeds daylight - B. Cockburn
    Guild Leader - Order of the Silver Dragons
    Mains Darlao Completionist Toogor Wiz28 TR5 Also Listarn Shadar Kai Rogue 20/7 - WhiskyTango CL28 TR4 - Toongor Bd28 TR2 - Sooey Dwarf ConBarb28 Pusshy -WizMo 18/ 2/8+9 More

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonwelder View Post
    Heaven help us if storage ever gets so bad it hits Condition Plaid.

Moving on...
    Quote Originally Posted by QuartermasterX View Post
    I may/may not be speaking out of turn here... but for the love of all that is good and decent, please look into making them free options. Or, at least like the shared bank - free(ish) with the ability to upgrade via spending money. But at the bare minimum., grant some basic functionality of new Storage for free.

I know Turbine is a business, and I know you have need to make a profit - but I think putting in more storage options, particularly BtC options when y'all have foisted so much BtC stuff at us, and then charging for them would be like charging a drowning man for the life-preserver you toss to him. It's not our fault we're drowning in all this stuff - it's been y'all and y'alls' game-design choices. Please grant us the ability to cope a bit better with those choices you made for us, and not fleece us for playing the game the way you (umbrella term, I know it's not you personally QMX) morphed it into.

This is not really an optional thing, like Cookie Jars, or Ginormous Ingredient Bags... this would be a quality of life addition to the game that would help all players in their day to day.

All I can do is ask and say please. Please?
    Last edited by Memnir; 11-19-2013 at 01:05 PM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZTBt7oar9w

Default There goes the planet

/signed
    kruemeli of Orien - Leader of the "Merry" Hobbits https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...20#post5002220
    It is okay to be "merry": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjOOKb-DFZs
    I just Keep quiet and think.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYP8M06A8W0

I am not a particular fan of the idea of unlimited storage space, but I would toss out the idea of a separate storage space for BtC items.

In my mind the purpose of limited storage space it to push items back out into the community. Bound items, in general, are therefore not relevant to that goal. If that is the case then why not differentiate between storage for Bound and Unbound equipment and make the storage for unbound equipment smaller, and for bound *much* larger. BtC in particular. Maybe require it be BtC (via ritual) before using the larger space.

Just a thought.
    Bogenbroom's DDO Wishlist.......Tolero's guide to actionable feedback
    Bogenbroom's legion... 83 characters, 3 accounts, and 1 irate wife.

Intergalactic Space Crusader Livmo's Avatar

Default Right on!

Quote Originally Posted by QuartermasterX View Post
    Right on! I have all the avaible storage and its full of BtC stuff and shared bank full of BtA. I'm working 3 different ships chests, 2 small and 1 large for non-bound stuff. I started another guild just to get a another ship for another chest.

Perhaps both? More storage and less BtC?

I like the BtCoE stuff, because I can give it away if someone is in need. The drawback is I accidently equipped a few )

I liked IWD and IWD IIs scroll cases and potion holders. Perhaps one for spell components would be nice too.

• Large Case of Scrolls
    • 6, 14, and 24 packs of potions up to 100.
    • Pouch of Spell Components.
    Last edited by Livmo; 11-19-2013 at 01:17 PM.

Community Member HernandoCortez's Avatar

What is most important for Turbine? People spending hours logged in-game doing inventory management or people actually playing the game?
    When I took a break from DDO - for 6 or 7 months - it was because it was demanding too much of my free time just to do this kind of thing. I wasn't having as much fun as I could playing other games.

So I /SIGN this one. Extra space, cheaper if possible.
    EXTREME PREJUDICE™ - by Turbine.

GHOSTBANE™ - by Turbine.

Yes, we need more space.

Intergalactic Space Crusader Livmo's Avatar

Default ooooh

Quote Originally Posted by HernandoCortez View Post
    What is most important for Turbine? People spending hours logged in-game doing inventory management or people actually playing the game?
    When I took a break from DDO - for 6 or 7 months - it was because it was demanding too much of my free time just to do this kind of thing. I wasn't having as much fun as I could playing other games.

So I /SIGN this one. Extra space, cheaper if possible.
    Favor rewards would be a good spot to keep some of these items free. It certainly would encourage running favor/gameplay for a holder/case. For example, instead of getting 32 point build on 2nd life since you've already unlocked it on first life, a scroll case or something?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast