Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    P.S. If Ghostbane was all about making things easier for Newbies WHY does it not break Ghostly Skeleton's DR {Not the Base Dmg - Nothing gets thru!}?
    Well, it doesn’t bypass DR/Slashing (Zombies) or DR/Bludgeon (Skeletons). So why should it bypass DR/Good (Ghostly Skeletons)?
    Things that if Turbine went all EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on, would actually make the game fun again.:
    • Giving us the racial PrE’s we were promised, before rolling out DDOStore™ Enhancement Trees.
    • Fixing physical defense for Rangers and Rogues. It’s ridiculous that you’re better off wearing Heavy Armor and ignoring your innate feats on these classes.
    • Cannith Crafting.
    • Update the named loot to put them on the same system.
    • Fixing the Cannith Challenges so that they can be 6 starred without incredible luck or store bought items.
    • Fixing all challenges to give us decent XP and ingredient returns for the unreasonable time we have to spend in most of them.

Community Member

- One is lower hanging fruit: release some high level bane affixes, such as “Humanoid Bane.” The older narrower bane items would go back in if we didn't. They might still go back in if we did.
    Not bad, but not amazing. Bane is one of the few affixes that has decent crafting options, and consolidated banes are mostly just a little quality of life thing, requiring fewer clubs in your golf bag if you want to go down that route of armaments.

[quote]- More expensive: restoring old affixes for all equipment, instead of just for weapons. We’d like to do this, it’s just a question of time./quote]

This is good, but if you're pressed for time / resources then you can get big returns quite easily just by restoring a couple of the more interesting and desirable affixes. Put Convalescent, Sheltering, and Parrying back in and you'll have done a good job on the strength of that alone.

Lastly, another large, and so less likely for a mere patch: extending those old affixes up so they cover modern epic level ranges.
    It's one way to go, and there are some cases where it might be fairly awesome. Greater Deception or something? Good.
    However, you might be better served by giving items with a very high enhancement level the chance to spawn with [more than two affixes/more augment slots/something new that takes up some of that enhancement value without being an affix] so that they can roll properties that don't have (and possibly don't need) a high enhancement value of their own. That'd be an easy way to restore a lot of diversity, and giving items a chance to have more or different combination of augment slots would also help increase flexibility when gearing a character up in the late game.

Thanks.

PS: Any word on Cannith Crafting? I know it might take more time than you have right now even if the will is there to bring it up to speed, but I'd like to know if you have the will all the same. Your predeccessors left it untouched for a really long time and you could distinguish yourself and do the game a big service if you updated it.

Quote Originally Posted by Systern View Post
    I really want to see the long term goal come to fruition...

That said, as a stop-gap, I think y'all need to address the "new Undead". Plant zombies, vine horrors, Animated topiaries and Will o wisps are resistant to all of the conventional affixes that players find worthwhile.
    Will-o-wisps are chaotic evil aberrations, and are affected by Holy (or Axiomatic) of Aberration Bane.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Looks like I am in the minority here, but I always loved Greater Bane weapons, and would love to see them back.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

feeding/draining. if it's not on crit, then it's not worth using since epic mobs will regenerate it before i roll another 20. even on crit it is debateable if this will be useful.
    Proud member of Caffeine - we aint stragicially savy, but we get &@#$% done.

Kilthar-Thar-Delkanthalus-Carissa-Mirasina-Ktara-Imara-Thistle-Klunk-Robothar-Minithar-Tharissa-Miriella

Community Member

Definitely bring back the old affixes - I miss lacerating, divine light, mauling, mangling weapons. The current spread of affixes for weapons and armor are unoriginal and overly repetitive. The affixes that went live with motu were dynamic and there were enough of them that you could find unique items.

The new bane is okay I suppose for lower level, but it rather simplifies the need/desire to acquire a ghostly/ethereal item or a ghost touch weapon. All in all I'm not sure what to think about it, its nice, but maybe too nice? Easy on occasion is nice and all, but too easy is world of warcraft.

As for higher level affixes, gear should scale - plain and simple. If a level 5 can use a 1d6 X-elemental damage item, a lvl 28-30 should be using a magnitude higher in terms of damage. With that having been said, you already had this in place with the previous set of weapon affixes and then for no reason that has any weight, did away with them.

Quote Originally Posted by DrOctothorpe View Post
    Argh. I realized I glanced at you post and saw what I was thinking, not what you were writing. So here's an actual response: I'm planning to post for a thread on named loot (on the general forums) in the near future. Stay tuned!
    I hope that is a near near future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    Insulting the development team is not allowed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jendrak
    Somebody should definitely explain to Turbine that when they roll up a new GM that INT is not dump stat.

Quote Originally Posted by FynWarFyn View Post
    1. Don't bring back the banes and even the new banes might not be that exciting. Don't make them into augments, either, unless it is craftable (for example, a bane blank augment on a weapon slot that count the numbers of monster type kills to get bane properties). Frankly I would like that to be a property not available on augment, a general bane property affecting a wider range of types of creatures so that the kill counts toward the bane power (maybe tie in the monster manual kills number from toon, not account, sales of manuals goes up, which may lead to slayer properties) and if a bane is not used often it decreases in power until it kills again, maybe like 1 lvl down a month of inactivity or something else, and banes are exclusive enchantments so can't use 2 weapons with bane and make it available only on the very unused weapons like light mace, light pick, xbow, great xbow....trying to kill several birds with one stone here... Lorewise, making a bane property is quite challenging, need powerful magic and lots of ingredients, usually from the creatures you want the bane to affect and a wider range of ingredient make a more powerful bane, plus the bane may need refreshing for it to work properly and strongly...

2. Bringing back old affixes is good, but too much game breaking thing are already out, you need to rebalance a lot of things.

3. And putting them on Named and Raid loots just to keep them updated is another game breaking option. Yeah I can imagine a raid with 6 barb with eSOS updated, again.

I have played D&D for a very long time. Dealing 50+ damages was incredible, now I see 500+ damages everywhere. Casting very powerful spells was awesome til you run out of spells, now I see very powerful spells all the time, chug an sp potion and keep casting very powerful spells again. Why? because HP and SP got scaled so enormously, it no longer look like a D&D game.

We don't actually need more loot or better loot. People just complain too much when they don't get their cakes and eat it too. Epic enemies should not have huge amount of HP and SP and Resists. They should just be harder to hit and affect by spells, like we get at higher lvls (I personally think that part or all of our character levels should be added to AC depending on class, it just seems strange that a lvl20 fighter wearing the same armor he got at lvl1 gets no bonus to AC, did he not learn anything in 20 lvl of combat fighting to survive better?). They shouldn't deal huge damages and neither should we. They just need to think better. If we can tank them, they can tank us too. If we go for the casters and healers first, they should too, they are the epic monsters who survived long enough to make it to epic and they act dumber than lvl 5 kobolds.
    Couldn't agree more, but i think this ship has sailed a long time ago and we won't get D&D feel past the lvl4. So, permadeath seems like only choice.
    Trubine will most likely inflate the saves/HP/damage of mobs on higher levels, and generate more loot to increase the players damage like the way they are doing right now.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ReaperAlexEU View Post
    erm, re-read the OP, that is exactly what their cunning plan is!

see, that is plan A, this thread is about what they can do once plan A is complete. they are saying if things go well then they might be able to get some other things done in the U20 patches.
    I don't see the 2 things as equal. To me "returning the old weapon affixes" means keeping the flawed new template (eg. roman numerals, bah) and just adding to it some of what used to be there. Many of us believe they should scrap the new system completely, resetting the clock to just before the new system, and slowly adding in the few new things that were welcome, like improved banishing/smiting/vorpal or combining old individual banes into multiple-coverage banes.
    Thelanis:
    Annikka (Sorc), Dannikka (F), Jannikka (Rgr)
    Tamikka (Bard), Famikka (Rgr)
    Bellynda (Cl), Mellynda (M)

Community Member

Whatever you do, please make everything searchable in the auction house. I want to be able to search for deadly iv or whatever. I dont want to wade through pages of cr ap to find what i need.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by RobbinB View Post
    I don't see the 2 things as equal. To me "returning the old weapon affixes" means keeping the flawed new template (eg. roman numerals, bah) and just adding to it some of what used to be there. Many of us believe they should scrap the new system completely, resetting the clock to just before the new system, and slowly adding in the few new things that were welcome, like improved banishing/smiting/vorpal or combining old individual banes into multiple-coverage banes.
    which is fair enough, but that is not what DrN was talking about. DrN didn't ask for the devs to revert to the old system, but to reintroduce the old stuff to the new system. hence my point that they are already doing just that. now the first pass is up i notice the blinding radiance is still missing, so i hope they do indeed reintroduce more of the old stuff.

as for throwing it all away and reverting, that is another topic and to be honest i don't know where i stand on that. it didn't scale up to lvl28 so they had to rework it. the rework didn't get enough time and the naming scheme left a lot to be desired when searching in the AH. but other than that i think i'll be quite happy to get the old affixes built into the new system. would i be upset if they reverted and found another way to expand to lvl28 and beyond? nope, i loved loot as it was pre U19.
    www.legendsguild.eu A light RP guild that's moved from Keeper in Europe to Thelanis
    Play DDO in 3D, for fweeeee! how to use coloured 3D glasses with DDO.
    East? West? Which way's that? Putting East and West back on the (mini)map
    Tired of chasing blue dots? Find a speed or striding item, vets are hooked on them and you will be too!

Quote Originally Posted by axel15810 View Post
    The number 1 loot gen item I'm missing is convalescent items, I.E. healing amp.

There are so few options for slotting healing amp in todays game, and having convalescents drop was a huge boost for a wide variety of players. Nowadays the lucky or rich players who happen to have an old convalescent item have a solid advantage over those of us who did not save our convalescents before they stopped dropping.

Please bring back healing amp on loot gen items! Thanks!
    Not only heal amp that is needed, negative energy and repair amp would be welcome too... not only fleshies that are in need of healing.

/E
    Cannith - Characters: Khierra - Former The Dominator (U7) (TR 12Mnk/7rog/1ftr) now becoming 13 Rogue/6 Monk/ 1 Druid Staff Orc # Tisseltass - The Prodigy (10rgr/2rog/1mnk) # Smallpoxx (14 pure shintao monk, healing amp) # Azatooth (12ftr/5rog/1mnk) # Eleona (15fvs/2mnk) # Heliga Birgitta (7cleric/3monk, Healing Amp)

For me, the "all items" one is probably the best. I don't use random lootgen weapons or armor much, but I use random lootgen everything else a LOT, even on capped characters.
    I edited a book!

Thelanis player: Arekkeh, Kimberlei (heroic completionist), Lehren (heroic/epic completionist), Natheme, Terpsikhore

Quote Originally Posted by Catteras View Post
    Whatever you do, please make everything searchable in the auction house. I want to be able to search for deadly iv or whatever. I dont want to wade through pages of cr ap to find what i need.
    If you learn the ML basics for what levels you can get certain items on, you will probably only need to look at a page worth of items, tops. I have yet to run across anything that was the least bit problematic to search if I pared down the levels I was looking at from 1-28 to, say, 15-20 or 12-16. Plus I've found that I get some pretty stellar deals by finding something that's +5 instead of +6 but has a REALLY NICE secondary affix on it. Not that it wouldn't be nice to have everything searchable, just that you can save yourself some aggravation in the short term.

I do really, really wish they'd add extra line borders around the item icons to indicate whether it has augment slots and what they are. If masterful craftsmanship gets a border, augments ought to be able to get some as well. You can always do a dashed intermittent border with all the applicable colors if it's not possible to add multiple layers of borders. Either that or have the words "colorless" or "green" appear after the item description. SOMETHING.
    I edited a book!

Thelanis player: Arekkeh, Kimberlei (heroic completionist), Lehren (heroic/epic completionist), Natheme, Terpsikhore

As this thread seems to have turned to a Christmas wish list

Dear Santa,

- Bring back healing/repair/negative amp
    - Bring back MotU's enchantments like Pandemonium, lacerating, Radiant prism ...
    - I'd like to have some HL DB item (for those of my toons that don't have/equip Cloak of night) / DW clickies other than the visor (1/rest).
    - readjust old packs ML or keep same level but add shinies (threnal, tangleroot, sorrowdusk)

I don't want to say the new system is a big mess, because - even if the ghostbane of deception thing is boring - there are some great, great things in it : seeker and deadly have my preference for the moment.
    Aezechiel (Caster, 8th life) - Kakophonyc (Bard, 2nd life) - Larsenkarden (Cleric, 3rd life) - Lewela (Bard, 6th life) - Punkcanard (dual deathnip centered halfling tempest 3rd life) - Usuldur (Melee, completionist) - Sylentbob (ranger) ... and a couple of mules

“It seemed to me,' said Wonko the Sane, 'that any civilization that had so far lost its head as to need to include a set of detailed instructions for use in a package of toothpicks, was no longer a civilization in which I could live and stay sane.”
    Douglas Adams, So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

Late to the party, but my biggest concern is actually 2 - I play a lot of caster/caster hybrids, and no spell lore on armor or jewelry makes me a sad panda. Evocation focus Bracers of Kinetic Lore? Devotion Breatsplate of Healing Lore?
    Thelanis - Dragons of the Shire
    Naeryna (Sun Elf 24 FvS Evoker) // Dianocia (Drow 11 Buckler o' Swashes) // Valissia (Elf 22 Shiradi Druid)
    Nae haz a story. Go read it.

So...Feather told us that spell focus augments would stack with the enchantment bonus given by other items. Feather further said that this change would make it into U20 Patch 1.

Is it?

Question

so is Lamannia closed or just down at the moment

Cool

Closed until further noticed

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345