Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by patang01 View Post
    Maybe I'm not a bane guy, but I rather have a healthy range of affixes across the entire spectrum then x of whatever bane. Most of those banes are worthless anyone and I don't need to carry a bunch of situational items. That'd be as useless as a more generic ghostbane of a majority of things.

At least a holy of pure good can be used against many differen't critters as suppose to a holy of magic monster bane (or whatever).
    Plus really - we don't need more damage. We have named for that. What we need is a great diversity of things like repair and heal amp or spell power on rings and helmets again (or other item slots).

I can't think of a lot of toons (and I have lots) that are currently running with random weapons anyways.
    Old Holy's Worthless against anything not of Evil Alignment incl many Magical Beasts which seem to be majorly True Neutral.

For me it's the lack of good prefixes that's always been the issue NOT affixes!

The New Holy may be different - Not sure?

One Affix that I would like to see make a return however is PURE GOOD!

P.S. If Ghostbane was all about making things easier for Newbies WHY does it not break Ghostly Skeleton's DR {Not the Base Dmg - Nothing gets thru!}?

Quote Originally Posted by DrOctothorpe View Post
    In addition, we have a couple “stretch goals” for patch:

- One is lower hanging fruit: release some high level bane affixes, such as “Humanoid Bane.” The older narrower bane items would go back in if we didn't. They might still go back in if we did.
    - More expensive: restoring old affixes for all equipment, instead of just for weapons. We’d like to do this, it’s just a question of time.
    - Lastly, another large, and so less likely for a mere patch: extending those old affixes up so they cover modern epic level ranges.

We’d love your input on which of these three possibilities are of most value to you, and which you would (ideally) want to see first.

And as a closing note: changes that don’t make it into a patch are first on our list for (near) future loot improvements.
    Wanting to see first, and of most value: restoring old affixes for all equipment, instead of just for weapons... (in particular, I value spellpower on clothing, Exceptional <stat> +1 on clothing, and Healing Amp)

On the subject of the banes, they may not be necessary if the old weapon affixes come back. At least, not necessary until a later cycle. Also, it appears some people think you are talking about re-implementing individual banes rather than the proposed multi-banes, so you may wish to more deeply clarify that point in the OP for anyone who has not read other threads (although it may not make much difference in their opinion).

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

Hi, everyone. I’d like to talk about some of what we've been working on to remedy the loot diversity issue in the near future. Our short-term goal is to return a healthy serving of older weapon affixes to the random loot pool. If we’re lucky (sometimes we’re not!), we’ll get these changes to Lamannia later this week and then include them in the patch.

- One is lower hanging fruit: release some high level bane affixes, such as “Humanoid Bane.” The older narrower bane items would go back in if we didn't. They might still go back in if we did.
    - More expensive: restoring old affixes for all equipment, instead of just for weapons. We’d like to do this, it’s just a question of time.
    - Lastly, another large, and so less likely for a mere patch: extending those old affixes up so they cover modern epic level ranges.

We’d love your input on which of these three possibilities are of most value to you, and which you would (ideally) want to see first.

And as a closing note: changes that don’t make it into a patch are first on our list for (near) future loot improvements.

Nobody wants to... or is going to carry around 20 different "bane" weapons. Please dont bother with that.

these both need to happen. sooner than later.

Chances for single affix items needs to be fixed as well. It sure seems the change to get a "clean" single affix, minimim level item is nearly non existent anymore. I dont think I've pulled a basic ML10 (ML8?) +1 Vorpal XX since this latest loot system incarnation. and I especially miss basic rogue gear items.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    I'd like to see a pass on old named items as soon as possible...
    Argh. I realized I glanced at you post and saw what I was thinking, not what you were writing. So here's an actual response: I'm planning to post for a thread on named loot (on the general forums) in the near future. Stay tuned!
    Last edited by DrOctothorpe; 11-19-2013 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    I'd like to see a pass on old named items as soon as possible...

Items that have +5 resistance, or +5 natural armor, etc, need to be upgraded to match like-level random loot.

Items that have the old deception need to be upgraded to the new deception.

Longer term, I'd like to see old epic 20th level items get an upgrade path to make them into level 28 items. With epic TR being a big part of end-game, this would give people reasons to run the older epic quests... Many of us may even want two copies of certain epic items, one for level 28-30, and one as "twink" gear for level 20-28 when epic TRing.
    Agreed - IMO, in addition to a pass over some of the effects themselves, a good way to improve them could be:
    - Make the ML20 crafted epics have a chance of dropping a fully-formed version in the appropriate quests, and increase droprate of the components. Expanding the desert scroll-trader system for them all & also making shard/seal versions too could also be a nice addition.
    - Make them all (except actual raid loot, thats fair enough) BtoA on acquire & BtoC on equip.
    - Make ML24 & ML28 upgraded versions of them (maybe ml26 alone as a compromise). They could be upgradeable through a special token that has a small chance to drop in epic quests (much like certain cannith crafting things can drop unbound thingies in chests), or can be purchased using astral shards or via turn-in of the new all-purpose commendations of valour (increasing droprates of comms & adjusting costs of various things can be figured out seperately).

In general lootgen stuff, i'd like to see some of the effects MOTU brought in make a comeback & maybe even make versions of them with different levels of effects - i don't actually mind the new flaming I-IV etc. system but please, PLEASE put the number part in the item name too so it's easier to find things.
    Last edited by FuzzyDuck81; 11-18-2013 at 05:34 PM.
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.

Can the Devils Assualt augments be restored?

We used to be able to get red augments with Metalline, Cold Iron + Good, Silver + Good, etc. We know you can do combo augments so why haven't these returned?

The weapon affixes should be put on hold until convalescent bracers drop again. On a scale of 1 to 10 for priority, weapon affixes are like a 3 compared to convalescent's 10.

I'd like to see more equipment variety scaled up to epic levels, we're all doing epic lives and some new loot can energise those levels.

Barbachop/Fizzburn/Politikills & Boaby - Omnipresence,Ghallanda

#1: Convalescent bracers.

No other random lootgen is as important to as many characters.

Once that is done, I'd suggest getting the 'fun' MOTU weapon affixes back into the game. No veteran player cares about a Dynamo Khopesh of Mauling, but for a newbie without raid loot, that is a very nice weapon.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

2016 DDO Players Council

Make heal amp drop again - could be bracers or elsewhere. Until that happens dont bother with anything else please.

If you are going to have bane weapons have them encompass 20% if not 25% of all mobs at the very least. For example have 5 bane weapon types. 1. undead, constructs, aberrations. 2. outsiders. 3. humanoids. 4. plants, animals. 5. everything else.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    If you are going to have bane weapons have them encompass 20% if not 25% of all mobs at the very least. For example have 5 bane weapon types. 1. undead, constructs, aberrations. 2. outsiders. 3. humanoids. 4. plants, animals. 5. everything else.
    Like this idea. Suggest moving aberrations to go with outsiders, and adding vermin to plants, animals (so it's like a 'nature bane'). I'm struggling to think what's left to actually go in 'everything else'. Isn't there just Dragons remaining?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge

In response to OP though:

Hi, everyone. I’d like to talk about some of what we've been working on to remedy the loot diversity issue in the near future. Our short-term goal is to return a healthy serving of older weapon affixes to the random loot pool. If we’re lucky (sometimes we’re not!), we’ll get these changes to Lamannia later this week and then include them in the patch.
    When you say older weapon suffixes, you do mean that they are to scale with the loot, yes?

In order of preference & with comment
    2 if along the lines of Madmatt's post, otherwise 3 - One is lower hanging fruit: release some high level bane affixes, such as “Humanoid Bane.” The older narrower bane items would go back in if we didn't. They might still go back in if we did.
    1 If they are to scale with loot level, otherwise 2 - More expensive: restoring old affixes for all equipment, instead of just for weapons. We’d like to do this, it’s just a question of time.
    3 meh. I think there's enough good stuff up there tbh. - Lastly, another large, and so less likely for a mere patch: extending those old affixes up so they cover modern epic level ranges.

but really, rather than all this I'd rather see named loot get a pass, or cannith crafting brought into line. Bit much for a patch though, as you say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge

1. Restoring old affixes for all equipment
    2. extending affixes to cover modern epic level ranges
    3. Release high level bane affixes

Alts: Brighton, Compleat, Aggrotech
    Current leader of the High Rollers

Quote Originally Posted by dunklezhan View Post
    Like this idea. Suggest moving aberrations to go with outsiders, and adding vermin to plants, animals (so it's like a 'nature bane'). I'm struggling to think what's left to actually go in 'everything else'. Isn't there just Dragons remaining?
    They could probably roll dragons into reptilian bane, if it isn't already. (I'll be honest, that's not one I ever got around to checking.)

This gets my vote.

Also please restore Healing Amp

Special Request: Add Repair Amp
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

Community Member Thumbed_Servant's Avatar

Yes please, put them back in! All of the old banes!

I must ask, and it's a criticism: WHY did you all, Turbine, remove the old without a fully ready complete system to replace ir? HOW could you imagine that initiating a replacement process and then stopping it unfinished would be a positive thing?

If the goal is to scale the power of random generated items for the newer-higher levels, this would definitely be a good step in that direction

See above BOLD answers within the quote
    Thumbed_Servant (to 3 cats ) I LOVE playing a healer (nannybot to the derisive folks)
    Leader: Order of Sunlit Rose on Argonnessen server
    Current active toons: Hildegarde 22 clr/ Pixsie 20 rog/ Muhther25 clr/ Sheolah 2-14 multi(rog/wiz)/ Heidie 2-7multi(rgr/clr)/ Grindhaus 23 ftr/ Slashira 20 ftr/ Commandur 11 clr

Fix Stat Tome & Augment drop rates.

I would also like to see more items with one more powerful effect drop.
    It seems most items with multiple effects are similar in power.
    i.e. Clever ring +6 of intimidate +13 Total bonus +21 Min Level 21
    Either the Intimidate or the Clever need to be the maximum for ML 21 or it will never be used.

Kambuk
    Last edited by Kambuk; 11-18-2013 at 07:13 PM.

Default Hmmmmm.

Until we can get more inventory space I for one cannot carry a cartload of bane weapons. I never use them because I prefer to use one weapon depending upon twf/thf (cannith greataxe of fire, Mountains fist, duegar waraxe of the weapon master). I do use everbright weapons when I deal with rust monsters and oozes. If I deal with the undead I pull out a disruption weapon. Otherwise I keep my weapon choices down to a minimum.

Adding metalline to the random weapon loot tables would make the random loot more desirable. Again I point to the cannith greataxe of fire since it’s a weapon with many qualities I enjoy on a weapon. I mainly play melee based classes (ftr/barb) and prefer passive skills/feats to activating skills/feats.

It would be nice to have my old equipment I’ve had forever(ogre power gloves +4str lvl 9, etc) updated, but really I have been selling it to vendors in favor or the better random loot available (5resist item at lvl 9, ogre str gloves +5 and +6 at lvl 9, etc.). Now striding should be a fix since it would add melee and range speed.

Also the named loot say from Tangleroot needs to be adjusted with the new loot mechanics. Duration and spellpower of clickies should be adjusted as well(Visors of the flesh render death ward clickie). I carry those visors, about 5 of them on all my alts and use them at epic levels. Maybe add that to the random loot tables?

You have disruption, and improved disruption. Maybe add Greater disruption, greater paralization, and greater vorpal. Extending duration times, charges etc.

From Wisconsin, Live in Iowa, Vist Wisconsin

After adding back some of "old stuff" back to the loot tables - don't bother with the minor updates (which many cause other issues down the road)....

Do these two at the same time - even if it takes to the end of the year....

Forget about the Banes - don't have the room - don't want to bother with the golf bag of weapons....

How many weapon sets do people use? (for example)
    Trash mobs / DPS
    DR breakers
    Undead
    CC
    Solo / survival
    Ranged / melee (back up depending on primary DPS role)

I personally won't bother with banes - see ghostbane.

Calling Sarlona my home - Guildmaster - Brotherhood of Redemption - ddoborguild.com
    Alts - Propane, Kerosene, Hexane, JA, Waulter, Acetylene, CNG, LPG, Woodpile, Hexyne, Dilithium Crystal, Geothermal, TidalPower, Windpower, Natural Gas, Antimematter, and Coaldust (and a few others)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast