Default Lamannia has come down

We've taken Lamannia offline for now.

We'll bring it back up at a future time for more feedback on U21.

Keep your eyes on these forums for announcements of when it'll be back!

Thanks for everyone who came out and gave us feedback.

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

Please

Fix the Character Copy Tool before bringing it back up again.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Quote Originally Posted by Flavilandile View Post
    Please

This 9000 times }>

The sleeper has awakened

Krakonos The Ancient One Guild leader of Guardians of the Game Khyber

KrakenHeads(L20 WF THF) Ftr, KrakenSkulzz(L20 WF TWF), KrakenKills(L24 Drow Assisin), Spydraxis, KrakenSouls(L25 Human Fvs), KrakenHealz(L24 Human Cleric), KrakenTunes(L18 Drow Bard/Crafter A150/D150/E150)

Quote Originally Posted by Devilteck View Post
    This 9000 times }>
    Correction... OVER 9000... Just saying...

I actually didn't get around to getting on Lamannia because I was waiting for my Character Copy to finish.
    Dynacel (12 Pal/6 Rgr/2 Mnk), Eminence (18 Evoker FvS/2 Mnk), Janaya (12 Mnk, 6 Rgr, 2 Ftr Arcane Archer), Nymari (18/2 Druid Monk), Soulfusion (18/2 Artificer Monk)

Leader of Intel Rq'd

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

Bummer it was up for a handful of days. But you know, big changes probably.

Community Member

I have enjoyed my time on Lama this weekend. The new quest is enjoyable so far, But i have been in the test dojo most of the time working on builds. Speaking of which could you add the other commendations to Meepo for us to buy? And possibly fix the lack of a 38 pt build bug? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Adalard View Post
    I have enjoyed my time on Lama this weekend. The new quest is enjoyable so far, But i have been in the test dojo most of the time working on builds. Speaking of which could you add the other commendations to Meepo for us to buy? And possibly fix the lack of a 38 pt build bug? Thanks!
    The lack of a 38 point build is not a bug. There IS no 38 point build.
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

Quote Originally Posted by Adalard View Post
    And possibly fix the lack of a 38 pt build bug? Thanks!
    As was explained to you in your thread, there is no 38pt build. It was decided against.

Edit: Ninja'd by Shorlong.
    Last edited by enochiancub; 01-27-2014 at 10:56 AM.

Main: 18 Artificer, Thelanis

Community Member stoopid_cowboy's Avatar

Please

Quote Originally Posted by Devilteck View Post
    This 9000 times }>
    Quote Originally Posted by psymun View Post
    Correction... OVER 9000... Just saying...

I actually didn't get around to getting on Lamannia because I was waiting for my Character Copy to finish.
    I too did not participate due to not having my characters copied from live. I refuse to spend a bunch of time trying to build a mediocre toon to test the future of our game.

Bad testing = bad end result
    Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    I guess pants can be optional

Also get the DDO store working, please.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

Please

This

I would like to participate but I'm not starting up a brand new character.

Community Member

Angry funny

isnt it funny how turbine makes promisses but cant keep them

yet with all the problems etc they are not ashamed to make the new quests
    P2P and what for why not F2P already allot players are paying and not getting
    what they pay for what are they doing with the money from the players go on vacation or something
    instead of using it to GIVE back to the payers what they are paying for (i noticed that the quests are P2P on lama yet i might be wrong about it
    what does not take away the fact that payers are NOT getting what they're paying for)

3 hrs spent last night trying to replicate my live build including a tr to get to 36 point build tonight after being able to purchase a +4 supreme tome because poincelot only gives 2k a day for some unknown reason, only to see its down tonight when i actually wanted to preview stuff.

I ask myself "why bother" a lot more these days...
    Lich - Lichclaw - Lichdust - Lichfate - Lichgaze - Lichrot - Lichsoul - Lichvault
    Ghallanda ReRolled
    DDOCast Contributor http://www.ddocast.com/
    http://www.twitch.tv/g_lich

I had a pretty good experience just making a new character, leveling her quickly in the test dojo, outfitting her from the stuff on the AH and running the quests on normal. Granted, I didn't get to test any of the higher-difficulty stuff, but at least I got a chance to look at it and give my impressions.

Next maybe some eTBC stuff? Is that this update? I sure hope so.
    I edited a book!

Thelanis player: Arekkeh, Kimberlei (heroic completionist), Lehren (heroic/epic completionist), Natheme, Terpsikhore

Hey kookie, I do not like this schedule so i would like you to please convert back to the old one? please?

23 plat says that build goes live next week :/

Community Member

Default Lamannia shutdowns... Just a comment

Something I've found very useful and, apparently, from comments read... the Test Dojo is extremely useful for testing out a build, driving it through levels, and seeing how it works. So this has me thinking on what is the cost of running the Lamannia servers and what would be the cost, to Turbine, to keep Lamannia up with just the Test Dojo up and perhaps a 'basic test dungeon' that you could pick the level range to play via doors on the lower level. You could have doors for 1-5, 6-10, 10-15, 15-20, 21+ same dungeon just different monsters/treasure so players could really test out a build to play in the 'real worlds'. Plus character related changes could be 'globally' tested a lot quicker since the environment would be static.

I think this would be really useful and one more thing... only make this 'between builds' environment available to VIPs. Seems like a worthwhile 'extra' perk for those who pay.

The Dev team would have the same rules: 'This environment can be brought down at any time and possibly reset without notice.' so they have the freedom to do what they want. Plus Devs could still test other areas via their logon IDs which would permit access to a 'Dev' door only they could see from the Dojo or intermediate stuff not yet ready for the full blown open trial. Programmatically, this doesn't seem to be a huge amount of mod time as all the pieces are already there the doors, the test dungeon which could be a duplicate of the visuals and just a small change to permit the interior monster/treasure scaling from the door. (Say Seal of Shan-To-Kor or Tangleroot - Splinterskull Castle might be good ones as they have a fairly straight line goal path but with some nice off shoots plus bosses.)

So what think you, Dev team and their accountant overlords? Would it be worth it or not (before answering...remember happy paying customers)?

Community Member

Please

Sooo much this
    ...and wipe the stuck in limbo list while you are at it - I would like to have the choice of all my charaters when you go online Again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    Let the nerd rage flow through you. Don't hold back. I bought a lot of popcorn in anticipation for when Turbine decided to finally fix one of the many easy buttons.
    Danish migrant from DDO Europe, where I have been playing since beta.
    Thelanis (since march 2010)

Cool Build Testing

Quote Originally Posted by AMADHA View Post
    Something I've found very useful and, apparently, from comments read... the Test Dojo is extremely useful for testing out a build, driving it through levels, and seeing how it works. So this has me thinking on what is the cost of running the Lamannia servers and what would be the cost, to Turbine, to keep Lamannia up with just the Test Dojo up and perhaps a 'basic test dungeon' that you could pick the level range to play via doors on the lower level. You could have doors for 1-5, 6-10, 10-15, 15-20, 21+ same dungeon just different monsters/treasure so players could really test out a build to play in the 'real worlds'. Plus character related changes could be 'globally' tested a lot quicker since the environment would be static.

I think this would be really useful and one more thing... only make this 'between builds' environment available to VIPs. Seems like a worthwhile 'extra' perk for those who pay.

The Dev team would have the same rules: 'This environment can be brought down at any time and possibly reset without notice.' so they have the freedom to do what they want. Plus Devs could still test other areas via their logon IDs which would permit access to a 'Dev' door only they could see from the Dojo or intermediate stuff not yet ready for the full blown open trial. Programmatically, this doesn't seem to be a huge amount of mod time as all the pieces are already there the doors, the test dungeon which could be a duplicate of the visuals and just a small change to permit the interior monster/treasure scaling from the door. (Say Seal of Shan-To-Kor or Tangleroot - Splinterskull Castle might be good ones as they have a fairly straight line goal path but with some nice off shoots plus bosses.)

So what think you, Dev team and their accountant overlords? Would it be worth it or not (before answering...remember happy paying customers)?
    I have been thinking this for awhile and I'm glad to see others of the same mind.
    (Just an FYI, THIS IDEA IS AWESOME!!!