Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ReaperAlexEU View Post
    that doesn't appeal to me. i like the idea of loot-gen items being viable for end game, but named stuff being optimal. i enjoyed playing my old TWF char that had 2 burst weapons of pure good with rizia burst ontop when the cap was 20. they felt like good weapons while i was farming for something better.

i like the epic level scintillating khopesh i have on my paly and am a bit dissapointed such weapons stopped dropping. sure it's no lit II, but it is still fun to get that lighting strike proc. there are also much better weapons in the new raids. that scintillating pesh for me is where the balance should be, it's a fun loot-gen item that doesn't compete with the best stuff.

it's fun pulling a nice loot-gen weapon, i wouldn't want to kiss that goodbye the second i took lvl20 for a myriad of ingredients (even though i like the idea of making it easier to work towards some of those old items). it might seem a bit silly and counter productive, but personally i'd not want any solution to this to involve saying goodbye to loot-gen. i was much happier popping chests in the pre-u19 game than i have been since, and that was due to the weapon loot tables.
    Humm see for me, it's the other way. I really would like to have an option to turn off loot-gen in favor of say Cannith Challenge mats, or Eveninstar Challenge mats dropping out of typical chests, that way, I could plan my gear, I could look forward to a level 16 Icy Robe, or level 20 Rock Boots, without needing to put down my EXP and other Loot (like +5 tomes, and the like) and have to grind challenges (Which I do not like to be honest)

As I see it, if they expanded the challenge gear to go to level 30, had an option for a universal mat to drop in typical chests (This would be a base mat that could be traded in for any of the other mats in the game) lets say, make it a UI option, and then, you could trade in for any mat you had the pack for.

I would love that, it would let me plan my gear before I got there, I could save up for say level 24 rock boots, or even level 28 cloak of flames, while not needing to do challenges if say, I did not like them, it would free up space in my inventory, it would save time for trips to the bank and any of that stuff.

Have Ebberon Epics drop a Universal Component, as opposed to Shards/Seals/Scrolls, then have it so you trade in enough of these for an Epic Upgrade. Trade in all the old stuff for Universal Components, and be done with it. Simple, fast, efficient, and puts the gear that was designed into the hands of the players who may still want it.

Sadly, loot gen has outclassed a lot of the old epic items, with ML15 items being able to have +8 stat boons, and 20+ level items going to +10, which old epics were +7, it's actually kind of depressing.

But I guess to each their own. Personally, if they could keep loot-gen in check, then it would find, but I would rather see Challenge/Trade-in type gear be brought in, with the tokens and such dropping from end game chests (Along with maybe other rare named items, and the like) so everyone has named gear quickly after entering the 20's, and then can keep it up as they level.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ungood View Post
    Humm see for me, it's the other way. I really would like to have an option to turn off loot-gen in favor of say Cannith Challenge mats, or Eveninstar Challenge mats dropping out of typical chests, that way, I could plan my gear, I could look forward to a level 16 Icy Robe, or level 20 Rock Boots, without needing to put down my EXP and other Loot (like +5 tomes, and the like) and have to grind challenges (Which I do not like to be honest)

As I see it, if they expanded the challenge gear to go to level 30, had an option for a universal mat to drop in typical chests (This would be a base mat that could be traded in for any of the other mats in the game) lets say, make it a UI option, and then, you could trade in for any mat you had the pack for.

I would love that, it would let me plan my gear before I got there, I could save up for say level 24 rock boots, or even level 28 cloak of flames, while not needing to do challenges if say, I did not like them, it would free up space in my inventory, it would save time for trips to the bank and any of that stuff.

Have Ebberon Epics drop a Universal Component, as opposed to Shards/Seals/Scrolls, then have it so you trade in enough of these for an Epic Upgrade. Trade in all the old stuff for Universal Components, and be done with it. Simple, fast, efficient, and puts the gear that was designed into the hands of the players who may still want it.

Sadly, loot gen has outclassed a lot of the old epic items, with ML15 items being able to have +8 stat boons, and 20+ level items going to +10, which old epics were +7, it's actually kind of depressing.

But I guess to each their own. Personally, if they could keep loot-gen in check, then it would find, but I would rather see Challenge/Trade-in type gear be brought in, with the tokens and such dropping from end game chests (Along with maybe other rare named items, and the like) so everyone has named gear quickly after entering the 20's, and then can keep it up as they level.
    don't get me wrong, it is tempting and i'm not exactly enthused with the prospect of trying to get my hands on an epic midnight greetings for my rogue, so i would benefit from such a system. but while constant progress is good, it needs to be peppered with some excitement. obviously tomes would add to that but the whole thing makes me think back to when i was very first grinding the shroud. i liked having to clear enough space for all those chests worth of loot, having to sell up mid way and having the chance for a decent loot-gen appearing as i farmed (back when a vorp was a good solid drop).

so for me i'd not want to trade all loot-gen for mats, but have some sort of mix. i loved the loot pre-U19 and found my bank spaces rapidly being eaten up by new shinies i just had to keep. so first i'd like to get that back (as much as it makes me curse due to lack of space). then yes, something else to help get my mits on items from yesterdays end game would be nice
    www.legendsguild.eu A light RP guild that's moved from Keeper in Europe to Thelanis
    Play DDO in 3D, for fweeeee! how to use coloured 3D glasses with DDO.
    East? West? Which way's that? Putting East and West back on the (mini)map
    Tired of chasing blue dots? Find a speed or striding item, vets are hooked on them and you will be too!

You guys are saying basically very similar things.

It's nice when random loot is useful. It's ok when the combos are stupid bad, since you'll just sell it. It's ok that some random loot can combine in pretty awesome ways to make something really cool - though likely it'll be niche only ... like Scintilating of Debilitation, or Pandemonium of Mauling or Desert Sand of the Sun's Fury. Those are fun, you could festival them up but they don't replace an eAGA, Cleaver, etc.

Deadly 10, Accuracy 10, Resistance 10, key-stat-10, Seeker Lots, spell school Focus, Spell Power are all basically are better than most named loot with those abilities.

All loot is boring now - not enough variety.
    Several key abilities (not all) drop frequently and with a big enough number to outclass related named loot. These are the things you try to "max", and they drop in large quantities with big numbers.

If the key ability is important, only the ability to acquire and slot the highest value matters. Adding lesser amounts (that don't stack) to an item don't increase the items desirability.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Quote Originally Posted by DrOctothorpe View Post
    The name changes are on our "hopefully soon" list. I'm concerned about trying to do it for patch, though: the gear in everyone's inventory would be affected, and that could lead to some panic and confusion. So my preference is to make name changes part of a larger set of changes, in a proper release.
    I'm pretty sure he was referring to Named items ( Sword of shadows for ex. ) and not prefix and affix names.. but carry on..

2016 DDO Players Council RD2play's Avatar

Making some of those old affixes appear in higher level loot drops. Right now, those affixes would generate with DC's that were too low.

Quick version: more kinds of random loot at the top.
    maybe the idea for DC scaling according to item enchantment? so effect =17DC + item ML + 5DC/ power iteration (paragon/epic/epic-paragon) = Total DC

example paralysing +3 weapon of sunder II, -> 5+3+2=10 = ML19 (paragon), >> DC = 17 + 19 + 5 = 41
    max in this case would be DC = 17 + 30 + 15 = 62 DC @30LvL enough to make it viable in EE but not high enough to make it better that char focussed abilities that are based on DC (believe the max is around 70 atm)

Community Member

Default Heal Amp Revamp

Since Negative Energy Spell Power was lumped under the heal skill, Heal Amp items such as convalescent items or even a convalescent augment that is NOT RED and NOT BLUE, should be made. Pale Masters that splash multiple levels in other classes get the shaft on self healing as our spell power is just turned to cr@p because of fewer wizard levels. Making a convalescent augment would be the more ideal situation, as those that have "Super Specialized" gear sets "because" of the crappy loot system, can't afford to be swapping out essential Named Items for a random-gen piece of garbage.
    Last edited by Kers; 11-19-2013 at 11:40 AM.

I don't personally use much random loot, but a return of Convalescence and some sort of Repair amp would be good.

Also, if you can fix lifestealing. Previously the weapon effect was wai, just the description of the power wasn't change. Lifestealing was originally a chance on a crit, then when it was changed so things like mass hold no longer put mobs into auto crit, lifestealing was changed to always occur on a crit.

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    If you are going to have bane weapons have them encompass 20% if not 25% of all mobs at the very least. For example have 5 bane weapon types. 1. undead, constructs, aberrations. 2. outsiders. 3. humanoids. 4. plants, animals. 5. everything else.
    Thinking more about this, I'd like to see four different bane flavors to cover just about every mob in the game:

1) Tainted (similar to monk): Undead, Aberrations, Outsiders (not just evil outsiders)

2) Nature: Animals, Plants, Vermin, Reptiles

3) Humanoid: Dwarf, Elf, Dryad, Gnoll, Goblinoid, Halfling, Human, Orc

4) Giants, Dragons, Monstrous Humanoids, Magical Beasts

This would cover all mob types except constructs and ooze. Construct bane should just be smiting, and ooze bane should be ooze-only and include everbright.

Default Stacking item bonuses favor the non TRing crowd.

Awhile back, a decision was made to not include things such as an increase of DCs to past life feats.
    This was done to prevent a gap between the TRing gaming style and the nonTRing gaming style.

Recently, Feather of Son introduced a future fix that augments would stack for an increase in spell DCs.
    At first glance, this seems like a quick easy fix.

However, this greatly favors those who the time and means to perfect their equipment choices.
    The TRing lifestyle tends to work with more generalized simpler equipment set ups.

Why should the Developers punish those spending more time and effort in the game?
    Why should the Developers be too lazy to simply upgrade the existing augments to match similar loot levels?

Although the stacking of item bonuses does favor the non TRing crowd, they too more likely want nonstacking item bonuses.

Instead of introducing MORE unwanted item stacking bonuses which goes against the dodge philosophy, can we reduced instead?

How about doubling all healing amp item bonuses, but make them non stacking?

Although, I have been reluctant, I could accept doing the same to energy absorption.
    Could you add crafting recipes for all elements, instead of just electric and fire?

Repeating, I feel it is very unfair for you to exclude spells DCs and various other goodies from past life feats,
    then in turn greatly favor those who can work out intricate item combinations because they don't reincarnate much.

Thank you for your time and effort to communicate with the gaming public.

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    #1: Convalescent bracers.

No other random lootgen is as important to as many characters.

Once that is done, I'd suggest getting the 'fun' MOTU weapon affixes back into the game. No veteran player cares about a Dynamo Khopesh of Mauling, but for a newbie without raid loot, that is a very nice weapon.
    I think the first two options brought up are the best to push for.

Community Member

Default Frickin Sharks with Frickin Laserbeams...

We need more frickin space to put all this stuff in too. So if Dr. Loot can deliver Dr. Space, you will have gained legendary status amongst the community.

The name changes are on our "hopefully soon" list. I'm concerned about trying to do it for patch, though: the gear in everyone's inventory would be affected, and that could lead to some panic and confusion. So my preference is to make name changes part of a larger set of changes, in a proper release.
    I can understand fixing certain key things properly with out a rush, and I don't think most of us want an unfinished system rushed to press without the proper resources. That was basically what happened with Shadowfell, and we don't want it to happen again.

Nonetheless, the priority in importance (not necessarily in time) is not adding more stuff to random loot, or even fixing the fact that Ghostbane drops in every chest. In my view random loot is mostly vendor trash, and as such I don't even care if its all ghostbane as I'm just selling it any way. The priority in importance is rather fixing a very broken system in the following ways-

1) While I hate to use the word, we need a massive NERFING of random loot that has destroyed the more interesting named loot we'd rather wear, and spent a lot of time earning. Some examples-

a) Deadly needs to go away, or be dropped to much, much lower values. Competence bonuses to damage used to be small and hard to find. Dream Visor, Greater Bold Trinket, and Windhowlers, along with the horc ship buff, have been made irrelevant at ALL levels because of this stupid addition.
    b) Seeker should be lower values. It drops on everything now in much greater quantities than named items of the equivalent level. I don't mind it existing on a few more items at high levels in particular, but the values should be much lower so that Cormyrian dragon armor, Nether Grasps, Smoke Goggles, Lenses of Opportunity, and The Blood Stone still have relevance.
    c) Super high dodge, double-strike, and double-shot values that can't be found anywhere else
    d) All the greater keen and greater vorpal effects which add damage die in addition to other stuff. The Hunter's Greatsword might be attractive to a toon without esos or the FoT sword if lootgen stuff didn't easily gain similar damage dice.

2) Some new named items for shadowfell and above content that have some of these values. Interesting combinations of things are especially good- I think the High Road items are a model in this regard. Lets have named items with deadly, doublestrike, heal amp, etc and not just lootgen. Let us also add some weapon types that are not commonly

3) A pass to upgrade certain core equipment to make it compete with other systemic changes. In particular some old raid and quest rewards still have nice effects, but are not feasible to use because they never got the damage dice increase that all lootgen items of a certain level got. Some examples-
    a) Bereavement and Bravo's Shortsword from the Titan raid, Treason, Clouburst, and the other weapons from the Reaver's Fate, which have great effects but are not ideal for normal combat due to substandard damage dice.
    b) Quest items like Fang of Siberys, a very interesting scimitar (and scimis are in bad need of love) which will no longer compete with other weapons due to having only a single weapon die. What a waste. There are numerous items in lvls 12-20 content like this which need some help.
    c) Adding upgrade options for red and green dragonscale armors and such. These shouldn't suck compared to more easily earned stuff only a couple of levels higher.

In short, it makes sense that not all lootgen be ghostbane, and I don't mind the return of real prefixes from dnd (I'm a pnp player who loathers all the solar 3 prefixes and such), but these are luxuries. The essentials are broader system fixes such as the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Kers View Post
    We need more frickin space to put all this stuff in too. So if Dr. Loot can deliver Dr. Space, you will have gained legendary status amongst the community.
    This made me think actually. Another priority to add to the above would be a change in binding. In short, all the BTCoE stuff is nauseating, and causes me to waste good equipment all the time which I at other levels would pass to alts. I understand that the oE part allows it to be sold to other players, which increases players with good special equipment and increases Turbine's revenues as these sales are done largely on the shard house. I personally have no problem with this, you need to make money and I'm willing to pay for stuff every now and then. But please make more like the Pale Green Ioun Stone- BTAoE. This way we can still sell stuff when we are done with it or if we don't need it, but if we out-level it and want to pass it to an alt we can. Good loot shouldn't be wasted collecting dust, and that's sadly what's happening with too many things.

On the deadly thing: What if instead of straight +X damage, they changed it to +1dX? That'd cut it in roughly half over a period of time, but you'd still get those big numbers moments. (well, relatively speaking.)
    Last edited by Scraap; 11-19-2013 at 03:46 PM.

2016 DDO Players Council LeoLionxxx's Avatar

Default Level-scaling loot

Hey Doc, is it at all possible/feasible that in the future we may see level-scaling loot? As in named items that increase in power tiers according to your level (i.e. 4, 8, 12, etc.). This would be perfect fo event items because you have to upgrade them anyways. It also makes a lot of sense for the TR design of DDO, where you'll want to recycle the same golden loot each life.
    Because DDO content is created by hand, some issues cannot be fixed with a global change. We must fix these issues one-by-one by hand with the help of bug reports. This includes:
    Ladder issues: please include the /loc when reporting a ladder issue

Question

how long will the server be down

What I would like see is changes to existing Named Items so that they can be upgraded to even higher abilities all the way up to lvl 30 future Cap... with updates in mind to increase there power and value.

For instance: LOB items after being upgraded to Tier3...can be further upgraded by Heroism 1, 2 and 3. Or make it Valor 1, 2 and 3 by using commendations of Valor.

Community Member

1. Don't bring back the banes and even the new banes might not be that exciting. Don't make them into augments, either, unless it is craftable (for example, a bane blank augment on a weapon slot that count the numbers of monster type kills to get bane properties). Frankly I would like that to be a property not available on augment, a general bane property affecting a wider range of types of creatures so that the kill counts toward the bane power (maybe tie in the monster manual kills number from toon, not account, sales of manuals goes up, which may lead to slayer properties) and if a bane is not used often it decreases in power until it kills again, maybe like 1 lvl down a month of inactivity or something else, and banes are exclusive enchantments so can't use 2 weapons with bane and make it available only on the very unused weapons like light mace, light pick, xbow, great xbow....trying to kill several birds with one stone here... Lorewise, making a bane property is quite challenging, need powerful magic and lots of ingredients, usually from the creatures you want the bane to affect and a wider range of ingredient make a more powerful bane, plus the bane may need refreshing for it to work properly and strongly...

2. Bringing back old affixes is good, but too much game breaking thing are already out, you need to rebalance a lot of things.

3. And putting them on Named and Raid loots just to keep them updated is another game breaking option. Yeah I can imagine a raid with 6 barb with eSOS updated, again.

I have played D&D for a very long time. Dealing 50+ damages was incredible, now I see 500+ damages everywhere. Casting very powerful spells was awesome til you run out of spells, now I see very powerful spells all the time, chug an sp potion and keep casting very powerful spells again. Why? because HP and SP got scaled so enormously, it no longer look like a D&D game.

We don't actually need more loot or better loot. People just complain too much when they don't get their cakes and eat it too. Epic enemies should not have huge amount of HP and SP and Resists. They should just be harder to hit and affect by spells, like we get at higher lvls (I personally think that part or all of our character levels should be added to AC depending on class, it just seems strange that a lvl20 fighter wearing the same armor he got at lvl1 gets no bonus to AC, did he not learn anything in 20 lvl of combat fighting to survive better?). They shouldn't deal huge damages and neither should we. They just need to think better. If we can tank them, they can tank us too. If we go for the casters and healers first, they should too, they are the epic monsters who survived long enough to make it to epic and they act dumber than lvl 5 kobolds.

Default Upgrade Old Epics and Create End Game at the Same time

Here is my 2 cents. Create a way to upgrade the old epic items using the new Covs. Perhaps 2 or 3 tiers per item.

This would instantly place many great items into the high levels while giving people a reason to run all your epic content.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sarlona Server - Blime | Darkgeddy | Youburn | Northernboy | Lakeside | Toasthead

Leader of The Wulfepack - "If you call one wolf, you invite the Pack"
    Visit http://thewulfepack.shivtr.com/

- Lastly, another large, and so less likely for a mere patch: extending those old affixes up so they cover modern epic level ranges.
    My choice

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast