Community Member

Default silverdance or radian titan ?

like the title says..
    right now i have a pure 20 fvs with max wisdom ( an old evoker build) evo dc and exalted angel (all +3 tome 34 pt build)
    and while i enjoy the damage on red name with all the light + divine wrath
    i m really tempted to use my lr+20 heart to re-do a melee oriented divine
    i like the idea to do a good melee with powerful heal capability
    im interested mostly in epic hard solo ( never tried ee , dont think i will do alone)
    i have seen the radiant titan and seems pretty solid
    but either the silverdance build seems good (maybe lees good at melee but with spell for damage too)

what i am asking is radiant titan will be strong at melee but not so strong vs boss ?
    will the silverdance do an ok job with melee trashe and very good spell vs boss? or i miss something

what u suggest?
    its possibile to do an average melee with good offensive casting ?
    (i miss the melee of my old char but i dont want to trow away my nice spell damage)

thx for the help

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

In my opinion the 2 best builds right now for melee clerics are 17 cleric / 2 pally / 1 fighter and 17 cleric / 2 fighter / 1 wizard. Because saves and survivability aren't terribly important in epic hard, I think the wiz splash build is the best for that difficulty level, but it is somewhat of a toss up. It gives 2 extra feats over the pally splash build, which means more melee feats therefore more DPS. The 2 pally / 1 fighter is better for epic elite since saves matter much more.

In either case I wouldn't try for a build that tries to both cast and melee. I'm a big proponent of picking one or the other. I've tried generalist builds and they just don't work because there aren't enough feat and gear slots to go around to make you both a good caster and good melee.

With either build melee will still be good verses bosses, I would even argue more effective than a caster cleric because divine punishment really loses its luster at epic levels. It just hasn't kept up with the power creep the epic destinies have given us.

So I'd pick one of the two builds above and go with the FoTW destiny, you'll do well soloing epic hard.

One other build worth considering:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...lerics-can-DPS

Personally I feel Silverdance gives up too much just to have a pure cleric build, Radiant Titan brings a lot more durability to the table and has the simplest gearing, Avenlight gives functional casting combined with melee twf and stunning.

Radiant is the most melee focused of the bunch, the other two attempt to function as hybrids due to being more wisdom focused.

Mostly comes down to TWF vs THF between Aven and Titan, Silverdance I mostly see as a pure option, it isn't gaining much from not splashing.
    Last edited by Ailia; 11-18-2013 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by axel15810 View Post
    In either case I wouldn't try for a build that tries to both cast and melee. I'm a big proponent of picking one or the other. I've tried generalist builds and they just don't work because there aren't enough feat and gear slots to go around to make you both a good caster and good melee.

Absolutely this. At the 20 cap it was possible to do both, but now melees absolutely require the Overwhelming Critical feat chain and casters absolutely require the Wizard active past life and triple Evocation Focus. There's not room for both. Plus, casters absolutely need to be in a destiny that adds to offensive casting and melees need to be in LD or Fury (or GMoF in some cases).

It remains absolutely possible to heal with both builds - DDO's healing throughput requirements are low, healing is more about reflexes than character stats.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.