Default Giving credit where credit is due.

I have to say I’ve just caught up with the loot changes that may (or may not) be coming in the next update. I was out on bid-nezz for a week.

I’m glad someone bothered to look at the forums to realize that Ghostbane, in its current incarnation, was a joke, and the players easily recognized this. I also see that it is noticeably absent from my chest pulls (as opposed to it being in every loot pull). Woot!

However, I have to say I was most impressed by Feather of the Sun’s posts about the state of random loot. Someone at Turbine FINALLY explained why loot releases were done as a half-measure, what they wanted, and what we would be seeing in upcoming releases. There was nothing cryptic about the information, and it actually answered a lot of questions without being either condescending or evasive. While I still wonder why the old “special” random attributes were removed (like Sun’s Fury, or Pandemonium), I’m glad they are re-issuing this system again as I saw what was a half-step for newer players that did not have a lot of named gear to get something a little better than vendor trash.

Honestly, Turbine needs to do more along the lines of what Feather of the Sun did in regards to this topic. And it seems many of the players recognized this as well because the feedback – to me – seemed mostly positive. My hope is that we see more of this in the future, and that there is a little more open discussion of the player-base as to changes being considered, and plans for the future. After all, the people who care most about the game are also the ones who take the time to read and post on the forums. They’ve taken the additional time and effort to both educate themselves on the nuances of the game, and involve themselves in the discussion of topics.

That all being said, I have one suggestion: when it comes to a level-drain weapon, please increase the number of level drains on a vorpal from 1 to 1d4. Unless the vorpal system has changed, hitting this is a rarity, and on any given mod you’ll get maybe 1 level drain before you kill them outright which makes level-draining inconsequential.

Quote Originally Posted by bsquishwizzy View Post
    Someone at Turbine FINALLY explained why loot releases were done as a half-measure, what they wanted, and what we would be seeing in upcoming releases. There was nothing cryptic about the information, and it actually answered a lot of questions without being either condescending or evasive.
    ... Right before the new guy took over.

Not sure what that portends, but it's food for thought.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Le sigh.

I guess I wasn't caught-up enough...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by danotmano1998 View Post
    ... Right before the new guy took over.

Not sure what that portends, but it's food for thought.
    my brain fart on that is management have slapped this on the roadmap and our new face of loot has been handed the work and given the thumbs up to flesh the system out. FoS only spoke about putting another iteration into the current loot mechanics, work he was already prepped to do and finally got the green light to complete. now we're hearing talk on revamps to old named items too, something that was way out of scope in FoS's recent work on loot.

and as for the OP, yes, it is nice to see a no-spin post on game mechanics and development. you can see FoS was a bit worried about his posts, lets just hope he didn't catch any flack from it back in the office. certainly seems he didn't get as much flack from the players as he was expecting
    www.legendsguild.eu A light RP guild that's moved from Keeper in Europe to Thelanis
    Play DDO in 3D, for fweeeee! how to use coloured 3D glasses with DDO.
    East? West? Which way's that? Putting East and West back on the (mini)map
    Tired of chasing blue dots? Find a speed or striding item, vets are hooked on them and you will be too!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by bsquishwizzy View Post
    Le sigh.

I guess I wasn't caught-up enough...
    here yah go:

Quote Originally Posted by DrOctothorpe View Post
    Happy Friday, everyone. I’d like to introduce myself as a bit of a new dev face on the forums. First, it’s about time I quit lurking, and second, I’m putting on an additional hat on the DDO team. What hat is that? In a word: loot. I’m here to listen to you and to keep my eyes on the big picture. Yes, that includes avoiding Ghostbane-situations.

So in the name of listening rather than blathering on and on, I’d like to ask you all a few questions as a sort of pulse-check on the state of loot. Go on and fill up the thread – I’ll check back in after the weekend (and a bit today, as schedule permits), with head-nods, follow-up questions, and answers where necessary.

- Aside from the diversity issue, what are the biggest problems with random loot, today?
    - What weapon and equipment types do you feel are underserved in named and in random loot?
    - I’d love to hear about some of the non-named loot your character’s are currently wearing.

(In the future, I’m planning some similar question sessions about named loot and named loot systems, BTW.)
    www.legendsguild.eu A light RP guild that's moved from Keeper in Europe to Thelanis
    Tired of chasing blue dots? Find a speed or striding item, vets are hooked on them and you will be too!

where can I read these articles?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by krimsonrane View Post
    where can I read these articles?
    best way to keep up to day is with the 2 dev trackers. the main one is linked right near the top of this forum in the grey bar. the lamania one is in the lamania forum section. also anytime you see a quote if there is a little icon next to the posters name you can click there to go straight to the post

dev tracker:
    https://www.ddo.com/en/forums/post_t...ker=devtracker

lama dev tracker:
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/forumdisp...ia-Dev-Tracker

FoS thread about a dev week:
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...Feather-of-Sun

DrOctothorp loot feedback:
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...me-Doctor-Loot

DrO loot dev focus feedback:
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-for-U20-Patch