Las Vegas NV, also known as "Land of Scorched Morals"

Default Dungeon Repeating

Hello DDO Members;

I ran across a thread https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...e-Sith-Project that one very knowledgible player posted where he displayed how he leveled quickly. It served as a good compass for me to consider some areas to adventure into but I was curious how he manages to repeat certain dungeons repeatedly. I tried it today to repeat Delara's Thrall of the Necromancer and the only way it would let me was to start the whole chain all over again, so I'm wondering how in the heck does he repeat a dungeon several times? Or is that no longer possible?

As always, thank you for your time and efforts in replying.

Regards;
    Mad-Fherrit-Drinks-The-Dew

You must learn the ways of red door young padawan.

Lots of changes since Sith's post, although it should serve as a decent road map.
    No longer worth grinding out 13 runs of a quest as the xp repetitions come up much faster now and the repeat penalty scales the optionals too (trust me, it is still worth it for von3/shadowcrypt/sane asylum etc; you just get to stop earlier).

Using a technique called "Window Holding" and "Window Farming".

It requires 2 players.
    After the quest is completed, player 1 recalls out, clicks on the entrance to open the quest window, then waits for player 2 to recall out.
    When player 2 is out, the quest is reset (because completed) but the quest window doesn't close for player 1, so he can click "Enter" and player 2 follows him in.

Community Member

I managed to do the above with a hireling(by clicking its 'stay' button). But i was in Tanglerooot an explorer area and i was quick. Doubt this would work in Delera's. I'll give it a go today though.
    Just awestruck, wether it be a Dragon flying overhead Stormreach, that glowing character who just zoomed in'n'out of the Pub, or that i can drink a Beholder under the table and best of all rescuing Damsels in distress.

Character. Alivef 1 x heroic completionist (+a few more pl's) 1 x epic completionist, and some iconic and racial pl's
    Server Thelanis

Quote Originally Posted by voxson5 View Post
    You must learn the ways of red door young padawan.

Lots of changes since Sith's post, although it should serve as a decent road map.
    No longer worth grinding out 13 runs of a quest as the xp repetitions come up much faster now and the repeat penalty scales the optionals too (trust me, it is still worth it for von3/shadowcrypt/sane asylum etc; you just get to stop earlier).
    What I do now isrun those big xp quests at a lower level, like running von3 at level 8, a few more times the next day at 10, and a few more at level 12. It works fine if you are planning on 1-20 in 10-14 days. But if you are on a 50% xp pot to cap in 24 hours zerg, obviously not.

Las Vegas NV, also known as "Land of Scorched Morals"

Lonnbeimnech Wrote: What I do now isrun those big xp quests at a lower level, like running von3 at level 8, a few more times the next day at 10, and a few more at level 12. It works fine if you are planning on 1-20 in 10-14 days. But if you are on a 50% xp pot to cap in 24 hours zerg, obviously not.

LOL, indeed that was what I was considering doing. I enjoy the game tremendously, the adventures being all new to me are fun to explore but because I play a solo stealth style a lot, its a little slow in the leveling process. I was considering buying a xp pot and then hitting a particular dungeon several times while it was active to give the leveling a shot in the arm But obviously if there is a repeat penalty then that would be of lesser value. The issue with xp pots is that until I've run the dungeon and know what to do, I spend a lot of time sneaking around looking for levers, thinning packs with ranged sneak-pulls and so forth that eats into the timer pretty significantly. I guess if I want to make efficient use of a xp pot its better used on either a chain that I've done already the next day or entirely on a reincarnated life when I want to give the leveling a short surge.

Thank you all for your answers, the window holding technique won't really be something I can use though I appreciate the tip in case one of my guildmates wants to try that sort of thing.

Regards;
    Mad-Fherrit-Drinks-The-Dew