Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Default Efficient Valor Farming Techniques

So what valor farming techniques have people developed so far? I've gotten 1600+ comms in a couple days on one of my toons.

I've been concentrating on farming short EEs, though I think I'm going to start mixing in EH runs of the same immediately after. Here's the cycle I've concentrated on so far (I don't remember how many comms drop on some since I don't keep track).

The Snitch (EE = 20 comms)
    The Last Stand
    Claw of Vulkoor
    Fathom The Depths
    Impossible Demands
    Unquiet Graves
    Tharask Arena (EE = 30 comms)
    The Prisoner (EE = 30 comms)
    Trial by Fury (EE = 40 comms)
    Deal and the Demon (EE = 40 comms)
    Reclaiming the Rift (EE = 40 comms)

Running a EE Demonweb is always somewhat problematic because of the time is takes people to get to the quest, but it does net 120 comms and moves quickly once you get started. Some are easier to repeat on EH than other because the quest giver is right outside. Of course, at some point I start running out of short quests within the 18 hours and then have to look at the longer stuff to run. I've also picked up a number hopping onto other's EE runs of longer content, which varies in length depending on the group involved.

There's some other quests I haven't tried comm farming, but can be run quickly (will add to as I think of more):

The Tracker's Trap
    A Break in the Ice
    A Lesson In Deception
    The Thrill of the Hunt
    Bargain of Blood
    Army of Shadow

As one side note, I've started getting way more pieces to complete Epic Red Fens gear.

As a second side note, it makes me wishful Turbine will Epic-fy the Inspired Quarter content since those are fun and generally short quests.

Current best effiency stats on quests I've actually tracked so far (all are based on 28lvl toon at cap, with random pug joiners):

Code:
    Quest	              Diff	Time(m) Comms	Rate/Min
    Impossible Demands	EE	1	30	30.00
    Overgrowth	        EH	3	21	7.00
    House of Rusted Blades	EE	5	35	7.00
    Impossible Demands	EH	3	15	5.00
    Unquiet Graves      	EH	3	15	5.00
    Deal & the Demon        EE	9	40	4.44
    Fathom the Depths	EE	8	30	3.75
    The Prisoner        	EE	9	30	3.33
    Tharask Arena	        EE	10	30	3.00
    Outbreak	        EH	7	21	3.00
    A Break in the Ice	EH	12	33	2.75
    Lines of Supply	        EH	12	33	2.75
    The Last Stand	        EE	11	30	2.73
    The Claw of Vulkoor	EE	11	30	2.73
    Reclaiming the Rift	EE	15	40	2.67
    Breaking the Ranks	EH	13	33	2.54
    The Snitch	        EE	10	25	2.50
    House of Death Undone	EE	14	35	2.50
    House of Broken Chains	EE	17	35	2.06
    Bargain of Blood    	EE	14	25	1.79
    Druids Curse	        EH	12	21	1.75
    Lords of Dust	        EH	9	15	1.67
    Trial by Fury	        EE	25	40	1.60
    The Portal Opens   	EE	22	35	1.59
    The Snitch              EH 	9	12	1.33
    Army of Shadow	        EE	43	55	1.28
    Under The Big Top	EE	24	25	1.04
    Beyond the Rift    	EE	30	30	1.00
    What Goes Up	        EH	36	33	0.92
    VoN 5/6	                EH	23	18	0.78
    Devil Assault	        EE	45	30	0.67
    Last edited by myliftkk_v2; 11-22-2013 at 09:10 AM.

Community Member

Once you've run EE, you won't be able to get any commendations for an EH run of the same quest. As your second run of the day, it'll have a quest ransack penalty of -20%, and that means no comms. Aside from the first-time EE/EH/EN completions, you only get one quest completion every 18 hours that'll give comms.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by GotSomeQuestions View Post
    Once you've run EE, you won't be able to get any commendations for an EH run of the same quest. As your second run of the day, it'll have a quest ransack penalty of -20%, and that means no comms. Aside from the first-time EE/EH/EN completions, you only get one quest completion every 18 hours that'll give comms.
    Untrue.

I confirmed this just yesterday on Cry for Help. I joined a group in progress on EH, ran the quest and recalled back to GH and took the comms, immediately returned to quest and ran EE with the same group, and took the comms again. As I understand the mechanic, and as it worked in my case, it's once per diff per 18 hours.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Thrill is very fast quest on EE, but the boss is OP, and need to be shot from safe spot (500 melee damage with 45% PRR) per hit, hits quite fast. Bunch of manyshotter and quest is very quick.
    Also, army is also really fast if you skip dungeon exploring and go zerg way. Bosses got lots of HP, though.
    Tracker's trap is fast if you can bypass mobs with stealthy approach.
    Lines of supply is also very fast.

Unfortunately, EE quets requires a little more than bunch of random toons with average builds and gears to be efficiencily zerged.
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Quote Originally Posted by myliftkk_v2 View Post
    Untrue.

I confirmed this just yesterday on Cry for Help. I joined a group in progress on EH, ran the quest and recalled back to GH and took the comms, immediately returned to quest and ran EE with the same group, and took the comms again. As I understand the mechanic, and as it worked in my case, it's once per diff per 18 hours.
    Yesterday morning I ran EH lesson, took comms.
    Ran EE on evening, no comms.
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

Community Member

EE Rusted Blades 1/day nets 35 comms. 4200/35 = 120 days. I might skip a day now and then; this means I will be farming this for the next half year. Works for me.

A big issue for this is running in off destinies. Running EEs in Sentinel = piking.

Also, XP pots actually hurt you.

The best bet for getting your heart is sell EE loot for point codes and just buy them in the store. it's gotta be the most efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by myliftkk_v2 View Post
    Untrue.

yep only for first time on a difficulty though because after your first time (no ransack bonus) runs ransack will be -20% on each run through only CoV from 1 run a day after first time on a difficulty bonuses are burnt up.

unless you are VIP. From what I remember, VIPs get two runs a day before Ransack hits.
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    Thrill is very fast quest on EE, but the boss is OP, and need to be shot from safe spot (500 melee damage with 45% PRR) per hit, hits quite fast. Bunch of manyshotter and quest is very quick.
    Also, army is also really fast if you skip dungeon exploring and go zerg way. Bosses got lots of HP, though.
    Tracker's trap is fast if you can bypass mobs with stealthy approach.
    Lines of supply is also very fast.

Unfortunately, EE quets requires a little more than bunch of random toons with average builds and gears to be efficiencily zerged.
    I've done all of those on EE in groups and efficiently except for Lines, which I've only ever done twice, but yes, they can get brutally slow in the wrong group, even if they never fail. I've been hesitant to lfm those yet for just that reason, but will gladly join ones in progress after looking at who's already in group. Unfortunately, the new stuff hardly ever sees lfms on Gland lately except for What Goes Up, which takes seriously time even in an excellent group. I think part of my irritation with the Wheloon stuff is the annoying distance from the quest to anything useful (reagent sellers, scroll sellers, AH, airship portal, etc). That could just be my perception, but I was probably going to start mixing the Wheloon stuff yesterday because I'd tapped out my usual list and then the world wide web went down aka, someone tripped over the power cord in Turbine's backyard garage data center.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shorlong View Post
    unless you are VIP. From what I remember, VIPs get two runs a day before Ransack hits.
    I am, so that is likely the mechanic at work. If so, that's a rather decent side benefit to being VIP I guess...

ETA: Or it's a rare possibility I had not run Cry for Help on one of the diffs in the past. Hard to believe given I've been sitting at 28 on that toon for some time, but could have been a rare case of that. I did gain quite a number of "free" valor comms because I was predictably lazy about picking up rewards from quests in the past so as u20 dropped comms starting showing old reward lists I'd never returned to pick up.
    Last edited by myliftkk_v2; 11-18-2013 at 10:33 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    A big issue for this is running in off destinies. Running EEs in Sentinel = piking.

The best bet for getting your heart is sell EE loot for point codes and just buy them in the store. it's gotta be the most efficient.
    Seeing as how I've 6m Karma in every sphere, I don't need to run anything in an off destiny. Whether other toons do isn't my concern unless they slow quest to a crawl. That tends not to happen when it's my lfm versus me joining another. Besides which the entirety of the list I have doesn't really require 6 optimized toons to run, me being the only 1 can be enough. Even the Demonweb stuff is trivial until you slug it out with the boss at the end.

Otherwise, mostly true. Farming valor efficiently does work at cross purposes to doing other things efficiently. I don't think that's a bad thing necessarily. You can chose to efficienly gain XP, or efficiently gain loot, or efficiently gain comms. Now, only one of those things is "tradeable" sadly.

where are you getting this info?

Quote Originally Posted by Tanngiostr View Post
    where are you getting this info?
    I remember reading it somewhere. I may be wrong, which is why I stated "from what I remember"...so, I'm looking for that info now!

EDIT: Also, to add, I am VIP and have experienced something similar. I ran two EH VoN 3's the other day. Each time, I took comms. Ran it a third time on EE, no comms.
    Last edited by Shorlong; 11-18-2013 at 11:33 AM.
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

I remember reading it somewhere. I may be wrong, which is why I stated "from what I remember"...so, I'm looking for that info now!

EDIT: Also, to add, I am VIP and have experienced something similar. I ran two EH VoN 3's the other day. Each time, I took comms. Ran it a third time on EE, no comms.
    Update 19 notes: Ransack
    You now get a Daily Bonus of 20% experience the first time you play each quest, every day.
    Quest Experience no longer depreciates down permanently for repeatedly playing it. Instead Quest Experience now functions similar to chest ransack mechanics:
    Normally each time you repeat a quest, the amount of experience the quest grants decreases. This remains true as of Update 19, although the curve of how much XP depreciates after how many runs as been adjusted. For each repetition of the same quest, the depreciation is 20%.
    Quest XP depreciation from repetition now bottoms out at 20% instead of 10%.
    In 18 hours, the quest will adjust the XP back up by 50%.
    The Quest XP report panel now updates to reflect what your current bonus/ransack amounts are.
    Typing /ransack into your Chat Log will show you the ransack levels of the quests that you've played.

Update 20 notes: Commendations of Valor
    Commendations of Valor are now available in end reward lists of quests if the following is met:
    The quest was run on any Epic difficulty, except for Casual.
    You did not have a Quest (Experience) Ransack penalty when completing the quest.
    Note that more Commendations show up for higher level quests.
    Note that more Commendations show up for harder difficulties (Normal, Hard, Elite).

Community Member

Was it your first time running EH Von 3 that life? If so, the first run would not have counted for ransack.
    Everyone who is not in the true definition of "hardcore" is looked down on as a "casual", unwilling or incapable of understanding the true brilliance of having twelve-year-olds insult you while they are teabagging your virtual corpse. - Christian Ward columnist for The Escapist

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

If you can handle high level EE and Gianthold EE, this is going to be the most efficient method BY FAR. Which is pretty much the entire point of the eTR process and the commendations of valor. It's an artificial annoyance that we can buy our way past.

[KentBrockman]I for one welcome our new Zynga overlords.[/KentBrockman]
    Last edited by HungarianRhapsody; 11-18-2013 at 12:34 PM.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by erethizon View Post
    Was it your first time running EH Von 3 that life? If so, the first run would not have counted for ransack.
    No

Leader of The Dark Creed

Community Member

Impossible Demands

EE: 30 coms
    EH: 15 coms
    EN: 8 coms

You are never on ransack the first time you run a quest on a difficulty.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    LE Capable Int Assassin - U29: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...Assassin-Build
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (20 Warlock EA DPS Build), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

Sad, but true.

Or even more efficient than that is just to open the DDO store and your wallet. (WAI, I'm sure)
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast