Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Community Member

I must say that in general, Shadowfell and this update are kinda... dissapointment regarding loot. Hunter Seeker is THE highest level named weapon in the game and... it is weaker than eSoS (min lvl 20) against even those targets it specializes on.
    In case its bane skill isnt working against the enemy you are fighting, the sword is just trash.

Seriously - I get it that eSoS is stupidly overpowered, but on level 28, we can surely get Epic Elite item that is stronger against SPECIFIED class of enemies, right,?

Right?!

Quote Originally Posted by viktorserak View Post
    I must say that in general, Shadowfell and this update are kinda... dissapointment regarding loot. Hunter Seeker is THE highest level named weapon in the game and... it is weaker than eSoS (min lvl 20) against even those targets it specializes on.
    In case its bane skill isnt working against the enemy you are fighting, the sword is just trash.

Seriously - I get it that eSoS is stupidly overpowered, but on level 28, we can surely get Epic Elite item that is stronger against SPECIFIED class of enemies, right,?

Right?!
    Yes the eSoS is the best weapon in the game, but that doesn't mean they should introduce more over powered weapons into the game just because screwed the pooch in making that one....and remember, when it was first released it was even more powerful than it is now! Getting major power creep in a non raid item is just a bad idea.
    Officer - Eternal Wrath
    Burne Level 20 Human Paladin
    Sarlona

And here is the correct version of it.....just so people can see what the item actually is vs the old one posted
    It is a base damage of 3.5{2d6} with a crit range of 17-20.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Hunter%...%28Level_26%29
    Officer - Eternal Wrath
    Sarlona

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by elraido View Post
    And here is the correct version of it.....just so people can see what the item actually is vs the old one posted
    It is a base damage of 3.5{2d6} with a crit range of 17-20.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Hunter%...%28Level_26%29
    Well if just the threat range increase was natural and not from the non stacking keen.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandir View Post
    Well if just the threat range increase was natural and not from the non stacking keen.
    I get that part. I have the same issue with Keen...my main is a S&B paladin who uses bastard swords. ALL the bastard swords he uses have Keen on them. Chimera's Fang, Bloodletter, Nightmare.....and the fangs doesn't increase the base damage at all.

But like I keep saying, the epic version isn't even that much off from the EE version. A +1 to damage and a colorless slot....and it isn't a raid item. I don't think a regular quest item should be the same as the most difficult to obtain sword in the game. Even if one is level 20 and the other is 25. I think it is fine where it is, considering:
    It isn't a raid item
    It can be freely traded/sold
    The quest isn't terribly hard
    Officer - Eternal Wrath
    Sarlona

It's all about the crit multiplier. Just x1 more in a crit multiplier increases your dmg exponentially when you factor in the STR bonus / deadly item / seeker / misc other bonuses.

Heck, you could theoretically have a throwing star with a x5 crit multiplier and THAT'D probably be the biggest dmg dealer in the game.
    Last edited by Draxis; 11-18-2013 at 11:24 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Clatterfist View Post
    Pooklebunny, I'd take a look at things like:

Skybreaker, Hand of the Stormreaver
    Drow Greataxe of the Weapon Master
    Epic Elemental Greataxe of Fire
    Breach, the Dividing Blade
    Windlasher
    Epic Calomel Falchion

Some of 'em are very strong, and the ones that aren't are certainly more interesting!
    EAGA is my 1st vote. Good list, but add EAGA. OP says he has it and it good to go.

You can get it in a week. I got both mine in less than a week. One seal was bad after an update 17 lag monster took 37 Snitches, but less than a week lol. It is a fast quest and now with the xp resets even more worth it done within 2 weeks with XP. I bought the first scroll and another was just given to me. Play through the ransack with friends (if xp not important) that can give mats to you or with a trade. I used Raid Timers to trade.

W= 2[1-20]

Metalline DR breaker = all

+6 weapon. Righteous against evil = +2, and +8 against evil to base damage

3X critical multiplier
    [critical range is not as important with epic destiny FOTW] <------------------------------ this *****

Momentum Swing is 5W.
    Cleaves are 2W and 1W.
    Cleric Smite is 2W.
    W is where it is at.
    (these W increases makes die more important than initial W multiplier on weapon if using LD and FOTW attacks)

Red Slot = more damage from acid or spell power
    Colorless slot = ability stat or gear slot stat
    (help fill gaps from Commendation gear and Drow gear ML20+)

Force Burst

Min Level 20 = with a red slot = awesome

Planned critical attacks = awesome
    Adrenaline (+16 critical range) + Damage boost 20% = 2200
    and with OC 19-20 = 3500

on my Melee Cleric. Higher on Pure melee I bet.

And most own the Carnival pack if they got the first expansion.

If you want to use just one weapon then EAGA is the one weapon you want.
    Last edited by firemedium_jt; 11-18-2013 at 02:41 PM.
    Your lack of healing amp not my problem. Please buy and use your own remove curse pots in combat, so I don't waste mana. Not my job.

Hunters Slayer is a Holy Avenger and in the hands of a paladin it becomes a +10 weapon that crits X4 on 17-20 with a 40% magic resistance and 3 mass heals a day.
    Or at least it should be...

Community Member

ESoS is an ML 30 weapon, so it's only a couple of more updates and then there will be an equal greatsword.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by elraido View Post
    I am just throwing this out there. Yes the eSoS is much better. But it is also stupid difficult to get one. I have been playing for 7 years now, I have the base weapon and that is it. I have never pulled the shard, seal or scroll for it. If those items do drop, rarely does anyone give them away either...."Oh I have a level 1 sorc who is going to be a fighter in about 12 lives from now, and he can use it then." This sword, you can get off the auction house, right now. Is it the greatest? No, but it does have a decent base damage with good crit range....it is just the crit multiplier is weak. But, if they did have it at a x3, then I would think it would have been over powered for a non raid item.
    I have 3 eSoSs. Even my bard has one. MY BARD.

Quote Originally Posted by Guanmagi-1 View Post
    I have 3 eSoSs. Even my bard has one. MY BARD.
    Like I said. Some people gather up all the ingredients for themselves so others don't get one.
    Officer - Eternal Wrath
    Sarlona

Let's ask a more sensible question, shall we.

Which is better against Hunter's Slayer bane targets with low/no fortification, Hunter's Slayer EE or the classic SOS (the min level 10 version)?

The answer, of course: The classic SOS.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post

Which is better against Hunter's Slayer bane targets with low/no fortification, Hunter's Slayer EE or the classic SOS (the min level 10 version)?

lol, so embarassingly true.

Just pull a Clever from one of your free Raid boxes. Done. (assuming you don't have an eSOS, which, I'm pretty confident you don't based on your lack of knowledge of real-game usage and not just DPS calcs.)

Then run a thousand VON raids over the next 4 years and never get an eSOS shard anyway.
    Cannith: Ortarr (leader of Killer Dwarfs) - Purge Bravely - Drunkungfu Master - Ortarrdo Son of Ortarr - *others*

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainPurge View Post
    Just pull a Clever from one of your free Raid boxes. Done. (assuming you don't have an eSOS, which, I'm pretty confident you don't based on your lack of knowledge of real-game usage and not just DPS calcs.)

Then run a thousand VON raids over the next 4 years and never get an eSOS shard anyway.
    Yeah im closing on 4 years with no sos shard funny thing is I don't even have a seal either......or a scroll........but scroll I could get easily, then you got people who get multiple Esos's after only weeks of trying lol thank goodness for EAGA, and cleaver and stuff.

I couldn't believe this and put some numbers into barrage.
    With realistic numbers these days this is actually true, even if you put augments in both slots in EE Hunter's Slayer. Wow...just...wow.
    Hunter's Slayer would only be better on a really low damage build with little seeker.
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    I couldn't believe this and put some numbers into barrage.
    With realistic numbers these days this is actually true, even if you put augments in both slots in EE Hunter's Slayer. Wow...just...wow.
    Hunter's Slayer would only be better on a really low damage build with little seeker.
    Yep, multiplicative DPS increases (doublestrike, alacrity over 15%, or augmented crit profiles) are just that good.

Any weapon with none of them may as well not exist.

Of course this feedback was given during Lamannia, and largely ignored.

Back at the 20 cap I was talking to Genasi about loot and particularly trying to suggest a fix for the (never useful) Epic Greatclub of the Scrag. I suggested a base damage of 6d10 (would be 3[2d10] in today's game) and he thought that was insane - however, it was still provably behind the eSOS even on Lawful mobs with cold vulnerability and would likely have never been used except as a fire elemental beater or by players who did not yet own a better weapon.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Earth and and full time at work: I move 400 lb stainless steel Refrigerators with ease!

3.5 (2d6) is nice and keen IV is a free feat. But not that great and it is over specialized.

This sword is nice, but is limited in that it is over specialized. The right moment for this sword makes it great and only that. Might be a few times in this game that this sword rules, but other than that it falls short. Give it Goodblast and it rules!

Nice that it is not over powerful, the power creep on this sword is well balanced. It is a nice sword in the right situation!
    Last edited by zDragonz; 11-18-2013 at 07:30 PM.

Yep, multiplicative DPS increases (doublestrike, alacrity over 15%, or augmented crit profiles) are just that good.

Any weapon with none of them may as well not exist.
    Also the main reason why Pinion/Needle are so superior to every other projectile weapon in the game.

I believe that every dev in Turbine have an image with SoS stats on their desk with the label "never do this again".
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by nibel View Post
    Also the main reason why Pinion/Needle are so superior to every other projectile weapon in the game.

I believe that every dev in Turbine have an image with SoS stats on their desk with the label "never do this again".
    SoS killed the broccoli and is now terrorising the turbine office
    www.legendsguild.eu A light RP guild that's moved from Keeper in Europe to Thelanis
    Play DDO in 3D, for fweeeee! how to use coloured 3D glasses with DDO.
    East? West? Which way's that? Putting East and West back on the (mini)map
    Tired of chasing blue dots? Find a speed or striding item, vets are hooked on them and you will be too!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast